Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Nissan Quest 2004+: Problems & Solutions

Comments

• Options
    cleelandcleeland Member Posts: 18
    questsl,

Would you mind posting your dealer's information, and perhaps enough info so I could call and talk to them and get some details about what they tested on your van as well as what they actually replaced. I've been battling this off and on since January. Our problem is that our normal lives never have us close to a Nissan dealer, so the odds of it happening and being able to take it in to display the symptom is pretty slim.

Alternatively, if you don't want to reveal the details I requested, would you ask the dealer for the same information so that I could pass it on to a local dealer and have them look into it?

Thanks,
    -cj

PS Feel free to email me as well.
  • Options
    terryharristerryharris Member Posts: 40
    I have the rubbing sound when starting from stop in a hard left turn. Mine sounds like tire rubbing something. Problem is not reliably repeatable.
  • Options
    terryharristerryharris Member Posts: 40
    I was told by dealer that Nissan is aware and preparing a fix for the 3rd row seat rattle. The question is "Can you trust a dealer?"
  • Options
    plashenickplashenick Member Posts: 165
    Had mine in the dealer today for this and an oil change. They say they can fix it, but need 2 hours (which I did not have) to fix. I do trust the dealer as they (Freehold Nissan) have been very straight forward with me. They even recommended pursuing Lemon Law action when I had repeated problems with the radio.

I will be bringing mine back in a few weeks as I am told there is no safety / structural issue here.
  • Options
    dogmom2dogmom2 Member Posts: 44
    I took it to the dealer and they lubricated the steering parts, but couldn't find anything else at the 7500 mile service. Funny thing was that the noise was gone the next day after it happened. I think it was the tight turn up the hill somehow that started it. I gave them a very detailed writeup of how it happened.
  • Options
    questslquestsl Member Posts: 11
    Sorry about not responding earlier; there is not much I can add except what's in the repair order, it only states:
    "Tech found the TCM was defective.
    Replaced the TCM to correct.
    JE34AA 31036 BD 32"

In the part number, 21036-CK600 is listed.
    The dealer is Kings Nissan in Cincinnati, (513) 697-9770, and the Service Advisor's name is Jason, perhaps he can provide you with more information. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    drssyoondrssyoon Member Posts: 27
    Can someone who managed to successfully fix the rattle let me know what was done to the door? I've gone in at least 5-6 times without getting the thing fixed. The dealer tells me that there is no bulletin or suggestions from Nissan about the door. Help! Thanks.
  • Options
    From my work order:
    "Technician and Nissan Corp Rep verfied noise from right rear sliding door. Technician performed bulletin adjust dovetails and lube divetails. Technician roadtested with Nissan rep no more noises present at this time"

FC: ZH41

From another work order: "Installed rubber spacers to door stops".

I have also heard that this rattling can be caused by a loose wireharness in manual sliding doors, one person I spoke with said that it was deafening. What I had was a popping noise, but the fix did work properly. The only noise I still get is the thrid row seat has a little front-back play in the seat back, which also has a fix. I am getting that done soon
  • Options
    powerlifter165powerlifter165 Member Posts: 2
    We purchased our 2004 quest at the end of January 2004 we so far we love it.

We have experience a problem with the Passanger Air Bag light not going off (airbag engaging) when my wife is in the passanger seat. According to the manual it should go off when there is a person above 102lbs in the passanger seat. (my wife is 127lbs). Some times it goes off and sometimes not. Most of the time she has to push on the roof of the van to get it to engage. Our dealer told us that they have had 3 other similar complaints of people of the approx same weight. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Also does any one hear a "clunking" sound right after you start the van from the A/C system? Sounds like the compressor clutch engaging. I am and automotive HVAC engineer, I know this is not normal!!!!!

Thanks
  • Options
    Belwo are TSB (1) and Recall info (2) that may be of value

TSB on the door:
    Make : NISSAN Model : QUEST Year : 2004
    Service Bulletin Num : 03080 Date of Bulletin: AUG 19, 2003
    NHTSA Item Number: 10003510
    Component: STRUCTURE:BODY:DOOR
    Summary:
     SLIDING DOOR ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURE. *TT

Recall for Airbag:
    NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 04V103000 Recall Date : FEB 24, 2004
    Component: AIR BAGS:FRONTAL:SENSOR/CONTROL MODULE
    Potential Number Of Units Affected : 13757
    Summary:
     CERTAIN PASSENGER VEHICLES FAIL TO COMPLY WITH THE ADVANCED AIR BAG REQUIREMENTS OF FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY STANDARD NO. 208, “OCCUPANT CRASH PROTECTION.” THE AIR BAG FOR THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT IS TO BE TURNED OFF (SO THAT IT DOES NOT INFLATE) WHEN CERTAIN OCCUPANTS, SUCH AS SMALL CHILDREN, ARE IN THE FRONT SEAT.
    Consequence:
     THIS REDUCES THE RISK OF SUCH OCCUPANTS BEING UNJURED BY AN INFLATING AIR BAG IN A COLLISION.
    Remedy:
     DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT CUSHION/SENSOR ASSEMBLY. IF THE SEAT CUSHION/SENSOR IS FOUND TO BE OPERATING IMPROPERLY, THE SEAT WILL BE REMOVED AND RECALIBRATED. OWNER NOTIFICATION IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING THE SECOND QUARTER OF 2004. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261.
    Notes:
     CUSTOMERS CAN ALSO CONTACT THE NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION’S AUTO SAFETY HOTLINE AT 1-888-DASH-2-DOT (1-888-327-4236).

Recall for Door:
    NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 04V186000 Recall Date : APR 01, 2004
    Component: LATCHES/LOCKS/LINKAGES:DOORS:LATCH
    Potential Number Of Units Affected : 26000
    Summary:
     ON CERTAIN MINI VANS EQUIPPED WITH A POWER SLIDING DOOR(S), AT AN AMBIENT TEMPERATURE BELOW APPROXIMATELY 40 DEGREES FAHRENHEIT, THE ACTUATOR FOR THE POWER SLIDING DOOR(S) MAY EXPERIENCE BINDING DUE TO AN OUT OF SPECIFICATION CONDITION. IN ORDER TO OPEN, CLOSE OR REVERSE A POWER SLIDING DOOR, THE SHIFT SELECTOR LEVER MUST BE IN “PARK.” IF THE ACTUATOR IS EXPERIENCING BINDING AND THE DRIVER SHIFTS THE VEHICLE OUT OF PARK WHILE A POWER SLIDING DOOR IS STILL CLOSING, THE DOOR LATCHES MAY NOT ENGAGE.
    Consequence:
     THIS CAN RESULT IN THE DOOR COMING OPEN UNEXPECTEDLY UPON RAPID ACCELERATION, INCREASING THE RISK OF INJURY TO AN OCCUPANT.
    Remedy:
     DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE ACTUATOR FOR THE POWER SLIDING DOOR(S). OWNER NOTIFICATION IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN DURING MAY 2004. OWNERS SHOULD CONTACT NISSAN AT 1-800-647-7261.
  • Options
    powerlifter165powerlifter165 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, The dealer told us about that recall, but it was for the switch weight being set too low. (Airbag engaging while a child, someone less that 102lbs in the seat).

It seems that Nissan made an adjustment to fix that problem but now the switch weight set too high.

Thanks for the door info we have noticed that the powersliding door stops as we back out of the driveway if it is not completly closed yet.
  • Options
    dinkeldorfdinkeldorf Member Posts: 2
    Following up here, I have a Quest S, just did a great (quick) drive across to Calgary in it BTW.

I tried maniacally at the shop fitting a Yak and a Thule gutter rack on to the sliding door interior gutters to no avail. On both the profile (the lower part of the lower clamp + the shape) around the gutter is maybe 2 millimeters out causing the door to bulge out a little. Yuk.

I tried the Thule 300 gutter rack, forget the yakima. On the Thule, the round knob to tighten needs replacing with just a bolt at it's big enough to foul the door itself. The oivoid Yak knob avoids this.

Anyone else have any luck? Great van but I really want the bikes on the roof rather than on a hitch + will want to put skis + a box up there for snow season. Help!
  • Options
    themdtnthemdtn Member Posts: 18
    I have an SL (built Oct. 2003) that makes the same 'clunking' noise when the A/C is first turned on right after the van is started up. Besides the loud noise, I also notice that the A/C compressor briefly tries to stall the engine. It seems like the compressor requires way too much torque to be turned when the clutch first kicks in. This problem seems to happen more often and the noise is louder when outside temperature is higher and the van has been rested for a while like overnight. I notice that after starting up the van, if I drive it for at least a couple of minutes and/or the outside temperature is not that high (less than 80 degree F), then the problem cannot be duplicated. In fact that's how I'm trying to remember to avoid this problem.
  • Options
    cleelandcleeland Member Posts: 18
    Me again, questsl,

I just got off the phone with Jason at Kings Nissan. He said that if I had the repair order number or your name he could probably trace down the diagnostics run by the technician and give me that info.

I can understand if you wouldn't want to provide that info on the board, but would you mind emailing me one of the two pieces of info? You can email me through my profile, or simply google the name "chris cleeland" and you'll find me.

Thanks,
    -cj
  • Options
    lisaklisak Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone had trouble with this going off at random (SE '04)I get out and wipe the sensors, etc and sometimes it stops and other times it doesn't. The dealer can't make it happen so they say they can't fix it. Very annoying and frustrating since this is just one problem on my list (had the door rattles, rear window motor die, sunshade break, and have been waiting two weeks now for the parts to repair 3rd row seat rattle). Love the car, but this is getting absurd.
  • Options
    golden_sgolden_s Member Posts: 19
    my quest s already has 6800 miles, two days ago i was in staples parking lot, after backing out of my slot and putting the tranny on drive, my van wouldn't accelerate, feels like someone drained all the transmission fluid. after re-starting the engine the van was "normal" again. it was trully a weird feeling, however, i noticed an improvement in acceleration. i will take this up with the dealer soon, my right side passenger door is rattling again. will post update about what was done.
  • Options
    questslquestsl Member Posts: 11
    Well....it just happened again, the transmition got stuck on 3rd yesterday...I had the TCM replaced a few weeks back, and obviously that did not solve the issue, or that is not the issue; something else is making it malfunction; it is bothering because it happens on and off, can't replicate at the dealer....
    The dealer says they can't really know what it is unless it comes in with the engine light on, or actually presenting the problem, as it did last time....aaaarrrrggghhhh!!!
  • Options
    chiefdocchiefdoc Member Posts: 22
    Sorry to hear, had mine checked out and nothing could be found. Let's keep each other posted on any updates and changes.
  • Options
    bmisbmis Member Posts: 14
    Hi. New here, we just bought an SE, love it so far (only a few hundred miles).

Anyway, any EZ Pass users out there with 04 Quests? Where did you mount your tag so as not to cause radio interference or any interference with the tag transmitter?

TIA.
  • Options
    frittobfrittob Member Posts: 52
    Love the rear backup sensor on our Quest.
    Except when we're using the towbar (bikerack or camper).
    Then it's useless for backing up, because it's always on.

Any way to disable or mute it when were towing something?
  • Options
    Anyway, any EZ Pass users out there with 04 Quests? Where did you mount your tag so as not to cause radio interference or any interference with the tag transmitter?

Mounted my tag on the windshield where the rearview mirror hides it from my line of sight. Have not had any problems with it. The radio antenna is located on the rearmost side glass.
  • Options
    Thanks, golden_s.

I read that in the manual about the antenna (rear side windows), I guess I was confused by the "metallic-like" black dots on the inside of the windshield on the top, especially the larger area above the mirror.

Anyone know what those are for?

I guess you put it below those, more directly behind the mirror, then?
  • Options
    Any way to disable or mute it when were towing something?

Yes, there is a rear sensor disable to the left of the steering wheel (above your left knee) where the other "disable" switches, like VDC, ov'head lights, etc, are.
  • Options
    Almost all cars have some form of these. They break-up direct sunlight, they act like a filter so if light pokes over a visor or mirror you don;t get blinded

I put my EZ pass behind the mirror (right side) and it works perfectly
  • Options
    jimincalifjimincalif Member Posts: 11
    Of course it could still be the TCM, but they may all have this same flaw since this is obviously happening with multiple vehicles.

I filed a NHTSA report on it. After talking to the service guy at the dealer, it sounds as if they don't even check with Nissan about it unless they can see it happening, so there is no way to get the info up the chain.
  • Options
    fischemrfischemr Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone else had problems with random beeping of the warning chimes for door closures, keys in ignition, etc? Our 04 Quest will do a series of three beeps three times periodically and randomly. Sometimes it happens when the keys are not even in the ignition. Our local dealer couldn't find any problems when checking the sensors, doing a computer check, but they replaced the spedometer upon the recommendation of Nissan tech services. It didn't correct the problem. It can happen 5 times on a 10 minute drive, but has also gone a few days/trips with no beeping. Any thoughts or similar experience?
  • Options
    brought my van to the dealer yesterday to have both problems checked/corrected, glad to report that the rattles are gone, however, after all the diagnostics done to the vehicle, they were unable to pinpoint what caused it to not accelerate when put in drive during that particular moment. They even checked the engine computer and found no trouble codes. Being a computer professional, I'm just thinking right now if it's the TCM, then it should always be manifesting the problem since the Transmission Control Module is a computer, could it be a sensor that sends a signal to the TCM that it should engage "Drive" since it was selected? just wondering.... if a sensor is defective, it may or may not work properly and therefore give inconsistent signals.
  • Options
    peninsulaboatpeninsulaboat Member Posts: 1
    Have a 2004 Quest LS with 10,000 miles. When outside temperatures go above 85 degrees the only way I can get the car partially cooled down to a 80 degree interior temperature is to keep it constantly in the "re-circulation" mode with everything going full blast front and rear. If the car has four or more passengers it gets worse. Wanted to take the car in to have this checked out but the service department keeps telling me this is normal for this car. The manual states that the AC should not be run for long periods of time in the "re-circulation mode as the air will get stale and the windows may fog up. Have been trying to get a hold of Nissan direct but so far no help. Any suggestions out there?
  • Options
    just last weekend, i had the opportunity to drive my van full of passengers (4 adults + 3 kids) in >85 deg weather, my settings were temp dial set to 10:00 o'clock for front and rear, fan set to #2 front and #1 rear, a/c set to max a/c (which automatically sets it to recirculating mode) for first 20 minutes on the the highway and move a/c setting to a/c and allowed fresh air to come in, we were comfortable all the way and no one complained it was hot. How far was your drive? We had about an hours drive by highway.
  • Options
    dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    We've had a chance to take a long drive in hot weather (87+ and very humid) as well. Our AC worked fine. It was noticeably colder in the re-circ mode but did fine in normal. You have to remember this is a big, open vehicle with a lot of windows. It's harder to move the air around and keep it cool. I've read on other minivan boards reporting the same A/C "problem" as you. If you ahve a meat thermometer, you can check the temperature of the air coming out of the vents. I'm sure there is a range of acceptable temperature for the air. I would give your service department a call to see what that range is.
  • Options
    eyeblindeyeblind Member Posts: 156
    I have had my Quest since July 19 of 2003. I live in Phoenix, Arizona. Last Summer we had 134 days of over 100 degree temperatures. No complaints about the cooling here. High to day is 98, once again no problems. Where are you from? If I'm not feeling there's a problem, and you are, then maybe you do have a problem.
  • Options
    There was a TSB on some A/C problem where some cover was missing from the front half of the van. Don't know the details, but it caused the air to be "warmewd" over the engine, which would cause insufficient cold air. I have driven my for three hour drives at 90 deg (5ooo miles on it). We had to turn the air off in the back becuase it was freezing the kids. The front was on 1 as was the back
  • Options
    eyeblindeyeblind Member Posts: 156
    Add me to the list. Put it in reverse, backedup, put it in drive and, well you
    know the rest. Turned the car off, restarted
    it and it was fine.
  • Options
    Anyone had this problem?

After starting my 04 Quest SE, reverse sensor is either off ("off" light on switch is on) or, if it does stay on, as soon as I backup and it starts to beep in proximity to an object, it shuts off (again, "off" light comes on).

I cannot turn it back on via the on/off switch, must shut car off, restart, and then same thing happens.

Any thoughts before I call the dealer?

TIA.
  • Options
    rdesrdes Member Posts: 3
    I am an EZ pass user - have a 04 SL - I have mounted it on the windshield right behind the rear-view mirror. It works fine.

Regards
  • Options
    bad1550bad1550 Member Posts: 27
    I've had problems with "No Power" for my Radio including CD player since Day one (Jan 2004) on my SL. I was told there is a new radio to replace the problem radio. Has anyone received the new radio as of yet?

I am schedule for replacement this Friday! Hopefully it will resolve the problem.
  • Options
    I got what I beleive is one of the first "Countermeasure" radios. SInce that replacement the unit has been perfect. There was a problem withthe original Clarion radio receiving an over-volt and shutting down. This unit prevents that problem.
  • Options
    Thanks,

Glad to hear the problem was resolved!

Bob
  • Options
    My SL has the problem also with the Passenger Door Auto Reversing. Nissan issued an TSB regarding the problem and mine was supposedly fixed but it still has same problem (Had car in service 3 days).

Has anyone had a problem after the fix?

Thanks

Bob
  • Options
    jehall1jehall1 Member Posts: 2
    Had the van in on Friday for the fix.....door has now auto-reversed on me for no reason twice since the "fix". Granted, this is better than before the "fix" as it occurred about 6 times on Thursday before we took it in. Anyway, just wanted you to know you are not alone. Janean
  • Options
    zquestzquest Member Posts: 1
    Nissan Quest should be called Microsoft Windows 95, restarts and intermittent problems is what that OS was best known for…., anyhow Hello folks, I am glad that I am not the only one, who has “the noise”, “the no power till restart” , “the service engine soon (not a lose gas cap)” , “the gas gage stuck on empty after a fill up” etc,…ect… problems….
  • Options
    Experienced all those with my S and .....tadah!!!! my rattles are back after 2 weeks but you know what, I still love my van. The following happened within 2 months
    the grinding noise when turning the steering wheel all the way to the left disappeared after 3 or 4 times of manifesting itself and never came back, the service engine soon light came on together with rough idling after a fill up with cheap gasoline and was fixed by the dealer who "reset" the engine computer, as for the gas gauge stuck on empty, experienced that twice only with Shell gasoline, it will slowly go up after about 50-60 miles, never had the problem with other brands. If you go to Car and Driver's website and go to their minivan comparo where they ranked the Quest 3rd, the last statement on the Quest review says it all.. "The Quest manages to be a rarity in the minivan realm—it stirs up emotion."

http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?section_id=15&article- _id=8103&page_number=4
  • Options
    dtownfbdtownfb Member Posts: 2,918
    I read recently where a town was having major problems with gas guages goig out of whack. The local gas station (Shell, I believe) was selling gas with high sulfur content. The excees sulfur was causing the fuel guage to read empty.
  • Options
    notcoolnotcool Member Posts: 11
    I live in Phoenix Arizona and just bought a 2004 Nissan Quest SL last month. Two weeks ago the temperatures were in the 90s and my A/C was blowing cool but not cold air. Brought my Quest in for service and they have found the freon was undercharged. They evacuated the system and added 2lbs of freon. This helped a little but the air is still just cool.

I compared the A/C vent temperatures to my other vehicles, 95 Ford F150 extended cab and 2000 Grand Am, and both of these vehicles registered 40 degrees out of vents. In fact, my F150 will go down to 38 on occasions. Drove my quest for the same amount of mileage (8), the same time of day, and the vent temperature barely got down to 50 degrees. All three vehicles used the same R134a freon. Now with temperatures at 100 - 110 degrees, this is becoming an issue.

Brought the Quest in for service a second time and they said this is normal. They measured a temperature of 46 - 48 with a outside ambient temperature of 95 degrees. Maybe for an "older" vehicle this will be acceptable but for a brand new vehicle.... no! Especially when I can drive my 95 F150 in 105 degree heat with the windows down and my A/C still blows 42 degrees out of the vents.

I pulled the TSB04-020(A/C blows warm air from Floor Vents) and will see if the dealer can address. Not too promising since this applies to Vehicles built before August 2003. Time to test drive another Quest and measure the A/C vent temp.

Anyone else has seen anything similar?
  • Options
    My Quest SL has 5,000 miles and I have a rattle in the front area of car. The service guy took a ride and heard the noise but said cannot locate.

Has anyone experienced this rattle. I need to pinpoint it so I can hopefully have it fixed. Its very annoying!

I would appreciate any help!

Thanks
  • Options
    tantongiorgitantongiorgi Member Posts: 17
    I'm new to this list and I would assume this topic has been dicsussed. I will describe what we have and if someone does not mind getting me up to date I would appreciate it.
    I just lost our BBB Lemon Law arbitration and now have to decide how to proceed. I like the car but...
    We have had this problem occur twice since we bought the car in Nov 2003. Second week we owned it my husband told me the transmission slipped from a stopped position or low speed the car had no power, the engine was working hard but the car barely moved...he believes it is slipping because the rpms are high. Once the car was turned off and started again the problem was gone.
    Second time happened to me in March of this year. Same situation, I drove it sraight to the dealer, did not turn off the car, and test drove with our service rep. He witnessed the problem but guess what...they had it for a week, couldn't duplicate so did nothing.
    Ok...what we have observed and this is the reason I decided to pursue the lemon law...our gas mileage is terrible. Around town we get 11-12 miles per gallon. We feel very strongly that this poor gas mileage is related to this transmission problem. ANYONE ELSE GETTING THIS KIND OF GAS MILEAGE??? On road trips with all freeway driving we get around 18-19 miles to gallon, never in the 20's!!!
    So...please let me know if anyone has a similar problem. I lost my case since we had only 2 times, I was hoping the 2 times with a problem that could cause bodily injury or death would apply. But no...the gas mileage, Nissan's position was the sticker quotes are mere estimates, and their position was we don't back those one bit! What's to stop them from claiming 50 miles/gallon.
    I might not meet the lemon law but false advertising is looking like a claim. I'm upset since the gas mileage was a factor in which car we bought.
    Thanks,Tara
  • Options
    Just curios, what state are you in and did you proceed on your own or with a lawyer. As you can see Nissan came ready for you. I love my quest but did seem legal help when we had repeated problems. I keep a very extensive file on what has occurred and never hesitated to put Nissan in the hotseat, results have been in my favor. I still have the car, but every incident (minor / major) has been remedied at the expense, including providing a loaner car.

as for mileage, they can not make an arbitrary number as it is reported to the Federal govt. But it is based upon range received by test vehicles driven to the letter of the law (when it comes to economical usage) no sudden starts, etc. There is usually a posting on the car as to what the range of the tested vehicles showed.
  • Options
    vuchvuch Member Posts: 17
    Welcome to the rattlefest! I still like my Quest SL, however. I had a bad strut in the back(it sounded like 2 billiard balls hitting together). My dealer replaced no charge. I also have had rattle problems with both sliding doors and rear lift gate. I have had it in 4 times in the first 3 months for the various rattles. Also "fixed" no charge, but seem to creep back after a while. Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks for the reply...I'm from California. Truth is Nissan did not come very well prepared, they just knew the law was in their favor. It is very difficult when your problem does not "duplicate". They have given me a rental when they've had it. And you better believe I keep everything...in fact I don't sign off on any work order until I'm satisfied they have decribed the problem accurately (my poor service rep doesn't type fast and he keeps smiling)...the dealer's service has been fine. Nissan has been awful.
    Bottom line is I do not find it acceptable to pay 30k for a car, have a major component of the car malfunction and be given no explantion and no fix.
    They have offered no explanation for this transmission problem and don't appear interested in determing the cause. In fact, by their reation, lack there of, I am quite confident they are full aware of what exactly is going on...problem is, they don't know how to fix it. There are enough other similar complaints on this list and the NHS??? complaints. I'm an engineer, I tell you those engineers at Nissan know something about this problem.
    I would really like to take a poll of how many people have had this lack of power issue. Perhaps we could contact Nissan as a group and ask for their assistance. I am willing to use the proper channels and give them an opportunity to respond.
    My next instinct tells me...go to the press.
    Thanks, Tara
  • Options
    Thanks...actually I wish I was dealing with a rattle and not the transmission. But I am certain if that happened to me I would be right in there asking for it to be fixed. I'm glad to hear Nissan has responded. That's what makes me think it is not Nissan's unwillingness to help but the fact that they've run the numbers and they can't afford to admit there is a transmission problem so they'll stomach the complaints one owner at a time.
    It is a great car, and I did opt for this one over the Sienna for many of the reasons mentioned on this list. At 5' 9'' tall I felt really cramped in the Sienna. What's a mini-van for if not to feel comfortable! But I also bought a new van, after owning a Quest for 8 years (which was GREAT!), because I wanted a reliable car. What do I have now? A brand new car with a transmission that slips...not what I had in mind.
    thanks, Tara
This discussion has been closed.