Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chrysler Town & Country Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    boesman1boesman1 Member Posts: 47
    When they start choking on inventory later in the month, the same if not better incentives and deals will be on the table. With the credit markets tightening up the way they are, ALL manufacturers and dealers are hurting and will continue to hurt for the foreseeable future. Sad but true, these economic times are not good for the automobile industry. Incredibly they still spend outrageous money on television advertising, simply amazes me who many car ads there are on TV
  • Options
    peavspeavs Member Posts: 8
    Picked up my new Grand Caravan, Friday last week. (9/26) (Yes, I know this is the T&C price forum but I'm posting here too because it seems to be more active on pricing, deals, CDI's, supplier discounts etc.) Everything has been great so far. It is missing 1 option that I wanted (power 3rd row seat) :( and had 1 that I did not want (SIRIUS BackSeat TV) but, it was as close to perfect and as close to home that I could find. :shades:

Here's the deal that I got:
    2008 Grand Caravan SXT Base price
    $ 27,140
    Light Sandstone Metallic Paint
    $ 150
    Customer Preferred Package 28M
    $ 3,785
    Swivel'n Go Seating Group
    $ 495
    Trailer Tow Prep Group
    $ 600
    Premium Interior Group 1
    $ 370
    Dual Screen DVD Entertainment System
    $ 1,525
    2nd-Row Bucket Seats with Child Boosters
    $ 225
    4.0-Liter V6 SOHC Engine
    $ 630
    SIRIUS BackSeat TV
    $ 495
    DESTINATION CHARGE
    $ 770
    MSRP
    $ 36,185

My deal:
    Employee Price
    $ 31,935
    Program Fee
    $ 200
    Go 1193 miles to pick it up fee
    $ 1,130
    Dealer "Customer Service" fee
    $ 149
    Trade in
    $ - 2,000
    $ 31,414
    TAX -- 7%
    $ 2,198.98
    Total
    $ 33,612.98
    Dodge Midwest Rebate
    $ - 3,000
    Chrysler Financial Rebate
    $ - 2,000
    OTD
    $ 28,612.98

I also got 3.9% for 60 months through Chrysler Financial.

I bought it out of my state so, Title and Transfer were additional and I paid 3/4% higher tax. :cry:

Obviously, if I could have found one closer and in my state it would have been cheaper. (around $1,436.23 :surprise: ). But the only one in my state, with the above minimum options, was fully loaded with 28N package, sunroof and navigation. That's almost $5,000 :surprise: more at employee price. I had a very hard time finding Trailer Tow and Booster Seats with in a 500 mile search radius. (Thanks to tedebear for the tip on how to use "Advanced Search" on the Dodge website.)

Also looks like I bought at the right time. Dodge Midwest Rebate went up $500 (to $3,500) but, Chrysler Financial rebate is gone and 60 months is 5.9% now. (According to the Doge website.)
  • Options
    This might change now that the bailout or stimulus or whatever you want to call it package was passed by Congress and the President. Let me give an example specific to this. I work for a company that makes parts for Chrysler and other auto makers. My project is a part that goes in the T&C and GC. Monday (9/29), we were going to run 2 shifts that day and 1 shift only 9/30 through 10/8 then back to 2 shifts for the rest of that week. Then a possible shut down week of 10/13. About an hour after the House failed to pass the package on 9/29, all the orders from Chrysler disappeared. We only ran 1 shift 9/29 and are shut down until 10/20 (at least).

The $2000 rebate for using Chrysler Financial is gone and available CF interest rates went up on 10/1. I think all this can be related to tight credit markets. I just hope (for my job) that it's not directly related to the viability of Chrysler.

One good thing is that Employee Discount (CDI) still applies to Supplier numbers for September. :shades:
  • Options
    bocababe2bocababe2 Member Posts: 8
    If the orders for parts disappeared, then there is going to be a shortage of the Chrysler and Dodge minivans, that is probably why the rebates went down too.

I am also thinking something good may happen for us who have bought the Chrysler or Dodge minivans with the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty. Maybe the resale price will now be better because we are going to be able to afford to maintain our minivans and fix everything that breaks immediately.

A friend of mine just leased a 2009 VW Routan minivan. The VW Routan is actually a Chrysler T&C with a nicer interior and a german suspension. Otherwise it is the same minivan and is being made in Windsor, Ontario where my T&C was made. She said they are really giving good deals on it, they are desperate to get them on the road.
  • Options
    tedebeartedebear Member Posts: 832
    That VW minivan was originally planned to be built at the St. Louis area minivan assembly plant, where I work. Last year Chrysler invested 1/2 billion (yes, BILLION) dollars into making it into a flexible manufacturing facility. State of the art everything. The VW would have fit right in. Politics came into play and it is now being built at Windsor.

They are working 3 production shifts at Windsor to keep up with demand. Meanwhile, the St. Louis plant will be shutting down in 4 weeks - probably forever. No amount of data that has shown the company that it is cheaper to build the units in the US than to import them across the border has convinced them to change their minds.

I feel sorry for the thousands of people who will be losing their jobs over this. Unlike most of them I work in skilled trades and I found another job opportunity fairly quickly. Still, it is not fun having to start all over after having been with one company for 25 years.
  • Options
    lklein1lklein1 Member Posts: 24
    Any idea what the monthly payment is and how much down on the Routan lease?
  • Options
    skr2skr2 Member Posts: 32
    Anybody has any new pricing quotes for the T&C? any model? Wanted to get an idea on what is going on in October?
  • Options
    mv08mv08 Member Posts: 5
    I just purchased T&C Touring Value package , dual dvd, swivel n go, for $24,438 before taxes and fees (includes $4,500 rebate), Sticker was $32,995 ...Basically they honored a quote from last month using empee pricing (I don't have empee pricing just said I knew what it is) and last month's 5K rebate. Now...I'm wondering if the rebates will increase for November :confuse: but I was ready to pull the trigger and not be doing this numbers thing anymore ;) All in all I think it was a great deal and know it was the best deal from any dealer in my area.
  • Options
    skr2skr2 Member Posts: 32
    Thanks for the reply. Can you post a breakup of your purchase, dealership name and state, i am in dallas. Did you use any chrysler financing?

Thanks again
  • Options
    joebertjoebert Member Posts: 22
    I think you got a good deal, sleep well.

There is no guarantee that the incentives will get any better than they did last month, so with the employee pricing + rebate, you are getting a good deal.
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi boesman1. For October Chrysler is providing

0% to 7.9% financing plus $2,000 customer cash

OR

$2,500 - $3,500 Customer Cash (the amount varies by trim level and region)

AND

up to an additional $1,000 bonus cash in select regions.

I can tell you exactly what incentives are available in your area if you tell me what state you are in.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Congratulations on getting your new Town & Country, peavs. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your deal with everyone. Make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    isellitisellit Member Posts: 15
    I have a $500.00 discount coupon good for most any 2008-2009 Dodge/Chrysler or Jeep product. We will not be in the market for one. If anyone can use it email me at y2kcorvettes@aol.com.
  • Options
    gio7gio7 Member Posts: 5
    You didn't mention if it was an '08 or '09, But to get a limited at that price is AWESOME!! Get it. I wanted the limited so bad but couldn't get a darn deal down to that level!! I got the 25L instead for $26,000 out-the-door. I love it. and there's not much difference between the L & M package, so I'm happy.
  • Options
    I hate to burst your bubble but, look at the date of captnroger's post: July 30 2003. :surprise: I could not get that low on an '08 even with employee pricing and 5000 rebate last month.
  • Options
    isellitisellit Member Posts: 15
    I just got an incentive from Dodge good for 1% below factory invoice on most any new 2008-2009 Dodge Jeep or Chrysler. It says all other incentives and rebates apply.
    Has anyone else got this ? Does anyone else have a need for mine as I do not plan to use it.
    Info on the coupon is at www.chrysleraffiliates.com. I have the codes and it says it can be transferred to friens or family.
  • Options
    boesman1boesman1 Member Posts: 47
    Thanks for your help

I am located in Northern NJ and in the market for a Touring w/leather and stow & go.
    Not ready to pull the trigger as I am in an 05 touring with about 33k on it, however I could be swayed if the right deal comes along

thnks again
  • Options
    es350buyeres350buyer Member Posts: 2
    I am about ready to pull the trigger on a 2008 chrysler town and country touring that is pretty loaded down. I would love the coupon if you aren't going to use it. I'm sure it would save me a lot of money. You can either send it to my account here or email it to andygreen29@hotmail.com. Thank you so much!
  • Options
    snewsiesnewsie Member Posts: 4
    Can someone tell me the most current incentives for an 08 T&C. The dealer told me 3k or 3,5k ( varies by trim/package) $750 lease loyal and Employee Pricing. I'm in the Chicagoland area. Sound about right? Also, I feel like I would be getting a great deal with all those incentives on top of employee pricing. Is it still wise of me to try to negotiate or is this the best offer? I'm a female...
    Thanks!
  • Options
    rmbalisarmbalisa Member Posts: 129
    find the current incentives either on edmunds.com or on the chrysler home page. just enter your zip. on a side note, employees were just notified of extra bonus cash for employees and their immediate families. $1000 for the Touring and $4000 for the limited. Now it really makes me want to get one!
  • Options
    jhiajhia Member Posts: 1
    I have a CDI certificate, but I'm wondering if it is a good time to buy now or wait until early November. Looking to purchase a T&C Limited.
  • Options
    1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    I am just wondering if there is any Chrysler employee or retiree out there that has an extra EC code for this year. I would like to purchase the vehicle this week. Thanks in advance! I want to surprise my wife (it will be our 20th anniversary).
  • Options
    snewsiesnewsie Member Posts: 4
    I am in Chicago and I just purchased an 08 Touring yesterday. I was given the employee discount on TOP of all the current rebates for being a lease loyal customer. I also see other dealers in the area are offering EE pricing and have extended the sale into this week too. I got an amazing deal on mine....I just couldn't pass it up. Sticker was 33k and I paid 25k (approx).
  • Options
    1sebringnow1sebringnow Member Posts: 136
    Thanks for the post, was that 25 K out the door including taxes, registration and all of that?
  • Options
    mkc04mkc04 Member Posts: 3
    I already purchased a 2008, but the prices at the Carmax website look really great with over $10k off on the T&C. That is without any discount numbers. If Carmax can sell for so little surely your local dealer should be able to come close. I have never dealt with Carmax so I don't know if they really are a no hassle way of purchasing a car. But if for no other reason than to use their numbers to negotiate with your dealer of choice it seems worth a visit.
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    An advertising agency would like to speak with satisfied Chrysler Town and Country drivers. If you own or regularly drive one of these vehicles, please respond to jwahl@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Friday, October 31st.
  • Options
    pbg9pbg9 Member Posts: 2
    My dealer in IL told me to find someone with a friends and family discount number to save on a new 2008 town and country. About to have my second kid and am going to moving to van in the next week or so. Can ANYONE please help? Thanks...
  • Options
    wrobbins80471wrobbins80471 Member Posts: 4
    send an email to fp AT peninsulaite.com I can help.
  • Options
    pbg9pbg9 Member Posts: 2
    tried emailing you...but it didn't go through...here is mine....pbg9 at hotmail.com
    Thanks!
  • Options
    tkirchnertkirchner Member Posts: 6
    Can anyone offer suggestions on extended warranties? I recently purchased a '08 Dodge Grand Caravan with a 7 yr/100K extended warranty from Fidelity Warranty Services through the dealer. The dealer called me the other day and indicated that the plan I paid for is no longer offered, so I have to decide on whether to go with some other coverage or cancel all together.

Is it best to buy the warranty through the dealer (Chrysler or third party) or just go on the Internet and look around? If so, what should I expect to pay for a 7/100k or lifetime wrap warranty with a $100 deductible and what companies are known to be reputable? The last thing I want to do is buy a warranty and find out later I am going to have problems when trying to file a claim.

One last thing, do most extended warranty companies cover the cost for a covered
    repair directly minus deductible, or do you have to pay up front and then submit a claim for reimbursement?

Also, in general, is it worthwhile to purchase a maintenance package that covers oil changes, etc. or is it best to just skip it? I have not priced such a thing out myself yet and I was wondering if anyone out there can offer some suggestions.

Sorry for all the questions and thank you so much!
  • Options
    rmbalisarmbalisa Member Posts: 129
    in my honest opinion, warrantydirect.com is the best 3rd party extended warranty business out there. i believe they are the largest one out there and i have heard nothing but good things about them. and they actually have a plan that is supplements the lifetime engine warranty. its pretty inclusive as well. you can choose the level of deductibles as well.

the way they work claims is that you charge it to the company's credit card, minus your deductible. so no out of pocket for the whole thing. i wouldn't purchase a maintenance package because prices may vary, but that's me.
  • Options
    Just wondering how much did you pay?
  • Options
    urblurbl Member Posts: 5
    We're about to pull the trigger on a T&C or Grand Caravan... If anyone has a Friends program PIN available, I'd love to have one. Send me a note at stuff {at] urbl {dot] net and I'll let you know whether I still need one. Thanks!!! :P
  • Options
    Never mind... We talked the dealer down to 1% under invoice without a PIN. We're ordering a Caravan SXT from the factory with the exact config we want. Sure, we have to wait a few weeks, but we never walk into a dealership HAVING to get a vehicle THAT DAY.

Now we keep our fingers crossed that the incentives for 2009's will go up when the vehicle comes in... :shades:
  • Options
    Hello,

Have you been here http://www.chrysler.com/hostc/eaf/employeeVehicleSelector.do?pricing=friend%2Cem- ployee_advantage to build out your van to ensure it's the same as the Friends Program discount? If not let me know and I can get you a control number.

Thanks,

Will
  • Options
    No, but thanks for the link... That page comes up with the same price we calculated, once you remove a $750 incentive that only applies to people returning a Chrysler vehicle from a lease.

Will advise if we actually need the control number, but for now it appears we negotiated that same price without it.
  • Options
    jdeering16jdeering16 Member Posts: 10
    I had a question about the pricing I see on CarMax.com It seems too good to be true. Is the pricing they have listed the price I can purchase the vehicle at? Anyone know? On another note, I see several posts asking for a pin/code for employee discount pricing...how much do you actually save? No sob story here, just looking to save some extra money in these tight times. Thanks!
  • Options
    hp7434hp7434 Member Posts: 7
    MSRP 42,285
    Dealer rebate 6,885
    customer rebates 3,500
    Price of van $31,900
    add fees 265
    tax 2301
    OTD $34466
    this is for a 2008 TNC Limited inferno red; flex seating; ent. group 3; power roof; power 3rd seat; mygig with nav; $38,969 orig. invoice price.

all i really wanted was the flex seating.
  • Options
    kvanhowekvanhowe Member Posts: 4
    Try Chrylerwarranties.com. I got a lifetime bumper to bumper coverage with a $100 deductible for about $1600. Just hope Chrysler's lifetime is long.
  • Options
    ifsandbutsifsandbuts Member Posts: 16
    I don't understand these crazy carmakers -- prices seem to have gone up for both the remaining 2008s on the lot and the 2009s, compared to a month or two ago. I was pretty close to buying at end of October and waiting until Nov. 1 and everything jumped in price! I have been checking on and off over past few weeks bu no movement around here.
    I am hoping to buy a 2009 Touring with 25L package...
    Are there any coupon or other possibilities still out there? And is there still a place where you can find employee pricing? That link posted earlier now goes to a dealer locator page. I have found one dealer that says they give employee pricing to AARP members....figure I can sign my husband up if it make s a big enough difference!
    Thanks!
  • Options
    oceana143oceana143 Member Posts: 38
    Would be surprised if I was the only one with this issue, but here it goes:

My lease agreement says that a $450 disposal fee will be waived if I purchase or lease another Daimler Chrysler vehicle and finance the vehicle through Daimler Chrysler Financial Services. I just returned a Town & Country and did not get another Chrysler vehicle because I could not get a lease. Regarding the disposal fee, I am justifying not paying it based on the following:

1) I could not lease through Daimler Chrysler Financial because they stopped doing leases on August 1, 2008. Is it my fault they did this?
    2) I tried to get a lease through another source and was rejected, even though my credit score is way higher than it was when I got my Town & Country 27 months ago. And yes, I did keep the rejection notice. Is it my fault even people with near 700 credit scores cannot get a Chrysler lease due to the credit crunch?

Look, we can rationalize anything, but I really wanted a 2008 Town & Country and did everything a reasonable person could be expected to do to make this happen. I think I have grounds to not pay, at least based on the fact that they got out of the leasing business. A person should not be forced to purchase vs. lease if they want to get out of the disposal fee.

Do you agree with this assessment? I am planning on writing them a letter and if they say no, would take my chances having it sent to a collections agency and then negotiating. Or, to be honest, would agree on a settlement that would bring the $450 down just to avoid the time and effort.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,331
    Do you have a lawyer that works for less than $425?

Don't take a chance on screwing up your credit.. Call them, and ask to talk to a manager. Possibly, they will reduce the charges, which I doubt, but it never hurts to ask.

If it gets sent to collection, you'll do much more damage to your credit than this will be worth.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    oceana143oceana143 Member Posts: 38
    I don't have a lawyer but if you have a legitimate grievance and do not do anything, big companies get the dollars everytime. I plan on sending a letter vs. asking to speak to a manager.
  • Options
    ifsandbutsifsandbuts Member Posts: 16
    Does anyone know how I can find Chrysler employee pricing so I can see what the employee pricing should be through this AARP program.
    Thanks!
  • Options
    dans2dans2 Member Posts: 9
    It is a great time to be buying. Salespeople very helpful, eager to deal.

We're picking up our 09 T&C Touring w/25L package for $25750 out the door, MSRP $33,750. We are supposedly receiving employee pricing, although we are not employee or related.
  • Options
    lbryanlbryan Member Posts: 1
    Hi - we are very close to purchasing an 08 T&C - Signature Series. I followed your link and got a slightly lower price than we negotiated - what exactly is this site and how does it work? Thanks so much for any help you can provide.
  • Options
    hp7434hp7434 Member Posts: 7
    anyone getting a low MPG. Low as in 10-11MPG? Our TNC only has about 600 miles on it.
  • Options
    nm_socalnm_socal Member Posts: 29
    Greetings, dear friends. Walked into a dealership in Southern California today. Excellent service. No pressure. No "sales" gimmicks. Selected a Touring with package 25L plus AJB (Security Group) and ANF (Premium Group).

MSRP: $37,215
    Final price being offered: $27,974

Good deal? Go for it? Try to get them to come down a bit more? I was hoping to get the 3yr 0% APR, but they can't offer it with this price. Also, is it worth taking the gamble to see if I can get a better deal in 4-6 weeks?

My brother (the "car guy" in my family) is insisting that I consider, instead, an '08 Honda or Toyota, with comparable options. He reasons the Japanese cars will retain more of their value.

Please advise. Thanks.
  • Options
    bocababe2bocababe2 Member Posts: 8
    I'm getting approx 14.5 mpg city and 17 mpg highway with my 2008 T&C. I have approx 2900 miles on the speedometer. I am very disapointed that it is so much lower than the EPA estimate.
  • Options
    krojaskrojas Member Posts: 11
    Thinking of trading our 2008 3 day old Town and Country Touring Signature series purchased at 22,995. plus fees/ for a 2009 toyota sienna Le. Will loose about 4,000 dollars. Loose Now or later! What do you suggest?........ :confuse: :confuse: Thanks