Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

BMW 3 Series Pre-Owned Lease Help

moosiejmoosiej Member Posts: 13
edited August 2015 in BMW
Does anyone know what terms BMW uses for pre-owned leases? If I were to lease a pre-owned 2014 or 2015 328i x drive, are the residual and MF the same as the current new model terms? Any insight into this process would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    moosiej said:

Does anyone know what terms BMW uses for pre-owned leases? If I were to lease a pre-owned 2014 or 2015 328i x drive, are the residual and MF the same as the current new model terms? Any insight into this process would be greatly appreciated

2014 models will use dollar-based residuals and won't be cost-effective to lease. 2015 models are most likely service loaners, demos or BMW executive models and should be eligible for the new car program, just with residual adjustments for the mileage already on the vehicle.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    titancititanci Member Posts: 18
    Bringing this thread up...

i am am looking at a 328i service loaner with about 1.5k miles on it; at the moment they're asking $41.5k before TTL. I was thinking of leasing this, but haven't negotiated a used lease before. 

What more more can I expect to negotiate off this asking price? Also assuming I have Tier 1+ credit what MF am I looking at getting? It's an Estoril Blue, so I am not sure many people want it??? Any help negotiating anything close to 0 down? If realistic down payment of $1000 is usual then that's ok too, but I wouldn't want to exceed that. 

I I haven't expressed to the dealer I may want to lease that, as I learned to neogiate the final price first. 

Any any help is appreciated!!!
  • Options
    titanci said:

i am am looking at a 328i service loaner with about 1.5k miles on it; at the moment they're asking $41.5k before TTL. I was thinking of leasing this, but haven't negotiated a used lease before. 

What more more can I expect to negotiate off this asking price? Also assuming I have Tier 1+ credit what MF am I looking at getting? It's an Estoril Blue, so I am not sure many people want it??? Any help negotiating anything close to 0 down? If realistic down payment of $1000 is usual then that's ok too, but I wouldn't want to exceed that. 

I I haven't expressed to the dealer I may want to lease that, as I learned to neogiate the final price first. 

If it's a 2015 model, it should lease just like a new car, but with a couple of differences.

1) The residual will be reduced for the 1500 miles.. .Either $300 or $450 (not sure which).

2) You should be able to negotiate a lower selling price than on a brand-new unit. At least $800-$1000 lower, or it's not worth it.

3) There may be some extended warranty included with a loaner/demo. That program has bounced around some, but it might be a substantial extension.

4) Structure the lease with whatever amount you want to put down. The amount doesn't matter to the dealer.. they like big downpayments, because it makes the monthly payment lower, and obscures the true monthly cost of the vehicle. But, you can do it however you want.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Would you be so kind to help me approximate what kind of monthly I could expect if I get them to $40.5k before ttl, and $1k down?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316
    titanci said:

Would you be so kind to help me approximate what kind of monthly I could expect if I get them to $40.5k before ttl, and $1k down?

What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    kyfdx said:

If it's a 2015 model, it should lease just like a new car, but with a couple of differences. 1) The residual will be reduced for the 1500 miles.. .Either $300 or $450 (not sure which). 2) You should be able to negotiate a lower selling price than on a brand-new unit. At least $800-$1000 lower, or it's not worth it. 3) There may be some extended warranty included with a loaner/demo. That program has bounced around some, but it might be a substantial extension. 4) Structure the lease with whatever amount you want to put down. The amount doesn't matter to the dealer.. they like big downpayments, because it makes the monthly payment lower, and obscures the true monthly cost of the vehicle. But, you can do it however you want.
    Thanks. So let's say with $1k down, what kind of lease should I expect to get if I negotiated to $40.5k before TTL? Just so I can go in with more ammo?
  • Options
    titanci said:

kyfdx said:

titanci said:

If it's a 2015 model, it should lease just like a new car, but with a couple of differences.

1) The residual will be reduced for the 1500 miles.. .Either $300 or $450 (not sure which).

2) You should be able to negotiate a lower selling price than on a brand-new unit. At least $800-$1000 lower, or it's not worth it.

3) There may be some extended warranty included with a loaner/demo. That program has bounced around some, but it might be a substantial extension.

4) Structure the lease with whatever amount you want to put down. The amount doesn't matter to the dealer.. they like big downpayments, because it makes the monthly payment lower, and obscures the true monthly cost of the vehicle. But, you can do it however you want.

Thanks. So let's say with $1k down, what kind of lease should I expect to get if I negotiated to $40.5k before TTL? Just so I can go in with more ammo?

What is the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator