Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Mazda RX-8 Problems and Solutions

Comments

• Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,669
    Wind that puppy out to 8K-9K RPMs. That should put a smile on your face.

Plug wires can be damaged in any of a number of ways. So, it's tough to say what happened to yours.

I've actually seen plug wires mealt by touching different parts of the block. That would, indeed, cause a short.

Glad you're happy!
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    bigmike5bigmike5 Member Posts: 960
    Your entirely welcome. Didn't I say spark plug wires a week or two ago? #444.
  • Options
    blondieblondie Member Posts: 9
    Does anyone else have a concern with the headrest? I am a bit short and when I notice that my head rests "in" the headrest a bit. That metal decorative triangle hits the back of my head and is quite hard. It make me think that if I had a wreck, that would really cause a nasty head injury.
  • Options
    The whole headrest "thing" was discussed in another forum a while back. We all came to the conclusion that the headrest is more like a "catcher's mitt" and would easily cushion any sort of blow well before your head would it the "triangle thingy";-)
  • Options
    lorenloren Member Posts: 1
    I am a new owner of a RX-8. Does anyone know of a way to make the center display (time, radio station, air...) any brighter? I have the light dimmer know turned to full brightness but the display is still hard to see in bright daylight. Thanks.
  • Options
    flatpickflatpick Member Posts: 43
    Red 8 Loaded Purchased Oct 03

Sunroof wind deflector loose

Rotary emblem on front air dam loose

Silver on shift knob flaking and pealing

Little piece of black plastic covering of some type, not cracked piece....have no idea where it came from...looked pretty hard

Prv mentioned recalls rcv'd

Still ave about 19 mpg....does it get better...whats this reflash?

Love the handling....great car, some qlty control issue...happy so far.
  • Options
    sorry I missed that discussion. the catchers mitt may work well if you are taller than me, or have a bigger head. my head really rests against the metal, I would guess a child's would, as well.
  • Options
    Any chance of you growing taller?....;-)
  • Options
    ltabaltaba Member Posts: 2
    My rx8 is less than a month old, 860 miles. Engine light came on yesterday. Today the word is that I need a new catalytic convertor, which is on order, to be replaced tomorrow. Anyone else had this problem? Other than a busted heat/cool knob (which was broken when we bought it) no other problems.
  • Options
    rochellerochelle Member Posts: 1
    I purchased the car in march & the night I drove it home there was a strange rattle coming from the back of the car. I finally took it in. Turns out my catalytic is actually disintegrating into metal shreds .The metal peices are in getting caught in my exhaust& in the muffler causing the rattle. Apparently, the part is on back order, but obviously they are taking their sweeet time in calling me & repairing it!That thus far, is my experience with the catalytic problem...no engine light came on though!
  • Options
    bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Blondie

Add a cushion on the seat, you might sit higher. See if this can improve your head position against the headrest metal triangle.
  • Options
    I'm too old for a booster seat!!
  • Options
    pathstar1pathstar1 Member Posts: 1,015
    Think Obis Forme or whatever they are called.
  • Options
    bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Too old? Better glue some gummy bears on that metal triagle.
  • Options
    vtlcvtlc Member Posts: 25
    Its only been a few days and now its doing the same thing again, rough idle and burping sound from the tail pipes. Also found defrost button cracked after the day I got my car back, that too has to be fixed.

Here is something that I found out yesterday when the temp here in central California was 95 degrees. I was driving my 8 for 15 miles and my face and back was still sweating, this is with the AC on since departed my home. The temp knob all the way at blue and fan at 3 because at 4 only cool air was coming out. I was wondering why it takes so long to cool my car, since in my 2002 protege5 I would be confortable after about the first mile of driving. I decided to get on the freeway and see if that would help, as I drove for about 5 mins on the freeway I reached out my hand to feel the air from the vents and wow to my surprise the center vent on my side is blowing out cool air only and the one on the passengers side was blowing out cold air. I then checked the circle vent on my left and it too was blowing out cool air. I waited for a straight and leaned over to feel the passenger circle vent and yep it was cooler or cold air. I am going to buy a digital thermostat tomm and do a test and see what the temps read, I can't stand sweating in my 8. I'm going to do the test before I take it back to the shop for the idle thing, so I can prove to them what I have found and how I am suffering in this heat, which I shouldn't have to. Sadly my protege is 2 years old and no shop time except for oil and regular maintenance, my RX8 is only 5 months old and been in the shop for more then once a month.

Great/joyous driving for those of you whos 8s are as is, New and Reliable.
  • Options
    davesaundersdavesaunders Member Posts: 7
    There's a 4/22/04 service bulletin out on this AC problem. Go to: http://www.finishlineperformance.com/rx8/docs/index.html
    to view this.
  • Options
    tomatnavytomatnavy Member Posts: 27
    Brookstone makes a pillow called FOM that my wife uses for her head when she rides in the car. It works well in the passenger seat.You may want to give it a try
  • Options
    carlikercarliker Member Posts: 285
    I might be mistaken but was it your RX-8 that had the rebuilt engine installed? Seems like you've had nothing but trouble with that particular vehicle since you got it. It just might be a lemon. Have you kept a list of the problems you've had to deal with?
  • Options
    I keep track of what papers I get and heres what I got so far. All miles are rounded to nearest hundreds

at 500 miles took car in for coolant light on and noticed green leaks under car. All they did was fill the fluid bottle and told me it was normal for some cars overflow coolant when it gets hot. I am not a car person so I believed them and see where that got me.

at 1000 miles Engine replacement, due to coolant leak from second rotary housing.

at 2400 miles rattles from underside of car, rattles from back deck where speakers are, they checked and said cant find the cause.

at 3000 miles 1st Oil change

at 5500 miles ECU upgrade, Rearview Mirror replacement for lack of dimming at night/and rattles constantly on freeways. They said they fixed rattle in drivers side door where the lock and open handle is but they didn't, and they didn't fix loose side plastic protector piece and recline handle on passenger seat.

at 5900 miles rough idle, replaced spark plug wires. Due to wires arcing/contacting engine block. Airbag recall, 2nd Oil change.

now at 6300 miles got an appointment for next Tuesday for replacement of cracked defrost button, loose side flare, recheck on door and seat rattle, and AC unit rework.

And on top of all that, I noticed that the pipe on the drivers side shakes 2 to 3 times as much as the one on the passengers side, and it is idling bad again, so going to have to have them check that again too.

I wish I was as lucky as those of you whos 8s craftsmanship and performance qualities are as assumed and expected from a 30K+ sports tourer.
  • Options
    bigmike5bigmike5 Member Posts: 960
    Tough road, you have my condolences. If it turns out that the spark plug wires are not messed up again, have em look at/consider the catalytic converter. Might be a problem there causing the rough idle. Just my .02.
  • Options
    Those of you who get the RX Tuner magazine, there's a nice right up about the different reflashes and what they do....from the initial J to the current M reflash.
  • Options
    bobx8bobx8 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Graphicquy
    I am a new member and find that site very good for RX8 owner,what I like to know is where to find the RXTuner magazine, is it the name of the magazine??I am from Montreal.
    Thank you

BOBX8
  • Options
    Hi Bob:

Welcome aboard. Subscriptions are US$ 22/year. It's only been out a couple of months with only two issues produced. I haven't seen it on any news stand or book store.

To subscribe, go to www.rxtuner.com

I'm not affiliated in any way with the magazine.
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    We're going to set a record... kicking off the LONGEST Memorial Day weekend ever with tonight's Mazda chat...LOL

Welcome to the Mazda Mania Weekly Chat!

Liven up your evening and join your fellow enthusiasts every Tuesday from 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET for our Mazda Mania Chat!
    The chat room opens 15 minutes before the scheduled chat time, so come early and get a good seat! Hope to see YOU there on Tuesday!

Mazda Mania Chat Room

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards
  • Options
    audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    got a bulletin from mazda today concerning RX-8's with navigation

apparently some person on the internet RX-8 forum has posted that there is an updated version of the navigation software avail. They are also posting a false procedure to get into our diagnostic screens and ERASE the current operating system in the Navigation to get the software installed. The symptom will be that the nav. is completely inop.

This is totally false info and any navigation problems related to this will NOT be covered under warranty!!!
  • Options
    thanks for the update. I've yet to find a street or destination that my NAV could not find, so no desire to even look for a newer version. I can't understand why anyone would want to wipe out the OS of the system to begin with.
  • Options
    donaldsdonalds Member Posts: 28
    Well so far all of the problems that have been discovered and TSB's issued I experiencing.
    Went to turn the fan up and the knob came off in my hand, rotated the temp dial and it broke completely off.
    Now the A/C shuts off in traffic, when it tries to come back on the RPM's drop and it acts if it wants to die, and shakes badly, took it in today and it cannot be looked at until Tuesday of next week, only one tech and he is backlogged plus I was told it may take a couple days to confirm what I told them and then they would have to contact mazda for authorazation to fix it.I plan on trying to get Mazda CS involved, my options are limited since the next Mazda dealer is 150 miles away.
    Does anyone know if Mazda will honor the warranty if I take it to say a Nissan dealer?
  • Options
    zoomzoom_girlzoomzoom_girl Member Posts: 8
    For those of you who have their vehicles, is your paint chipping? If so, what are the major areas of very noticeable damage? I'm getting the 3M coating put on my Mazda3 Sport GT but need input on which areas to cover.

Is the bumper, being plastic, really all that susceptible to noticeable damage? It cost an extra $300 just for the bumper so I wonder if it is really worth the cost. Thank you for your input.
  • Options
    mazdafunmazdafun Member Posts: 2,329
    We put the 3M full front-end kit on my wife's '03 P5. My '99 ProLX only has the headlight kit installed. I get lots of chips on the bumper, front 1/4 of the hood, front faces of the fenders. I touch-up the sheetmetal, but I only go after the big spots on the bumper (there are so many little chips, I'd go nuts trying to touch them all up). But it's not going to rust.

My front end of the P5 is much cleaner (well, it would be, if she washed it more often). There are a couple spots where some really big rock had hit it (the film was stretched). I shudder to think what damage might have been done if the film weren't there. There is some dirt under the edges of the film where it has come up (usually in concave areas where we had to stretch the film to even touch the surface). I'll probably go back and trim these areas away; I didn't think it would stick that well in these areas. The film sticks well to convex surfaces and gently concave ones. We put some film on the painted side mirror housings too. The ones on my LX are textured black plastic, so chips don't show on them.

I hear debris gets thrown against the lower sides of the car from the tires, so you may want some film put there. I don't have much issue with my LX, as I have mudguards at all 4 wheels. There is some evidence of abrasion on my wife's P5.

You may want to put some on top of your rear bumper to protect that from scrapes when you load/unload cargo, and also put some strips along your outer door edges. We also have some under the outer door handles to protect the paint from fingernails. I'd put some around any keyhole openings too, especially underneath them.
  • Options
    audia8qaudia8q Member Posts: 3,138
    you ask...."Does anyone know if Mazda will honor the warranty if I take it to say a Nissan dealer? "

No way.
  • Options
    rogerazrogeraz Member Posts: 3
    I live in Phoenix and was wondering what other owners may have experienced with the RX8 holding up in the heat? I'm a little worried after reading the comments from person in CA that the interior would not cool off in 95 degree heat. If that's the case how would it do in 115. Any worries with the rotory engine in that type of heat?
  • Options
    jayrob33jayrob33 Member Posts: 2
    hello all

i just got my rx8 about 3 months ago and love it so far!!!
    i have noticed just over the last few weeks, maybe one out of every 10 times i start the car, it takes just a little longer until the engine kicks in. i have to hold the key for maybe just a second or two longer but it is noticeable when you start up. has anyone else had this prob? if not, does anyone know what it could be???

pls inquire

thx
  • Options
    cheezeboycheezeboy Member Posts: 218
    rogeraz - I have my 8 in S. Florida...due to the fact that the drive shaft is right next to you, it will get warm in the car. I like it warm, still drive with the windows down in 98 degrees weather, but some of my passengers say that it doesn't cool down fast - or enough. But for me it's fine. It is not an 'ice box' by any means - kinda hard to do that in this car I think .

jayrob - mine does that from time to time as well. I am not an expert, so maybe someone else here has an explanation.
  • Options
    fastblkrx8fastblkrx8 Member Posts: 1
    I've had my RX8 for a year this Aug and it has been problem free. Awesome car and tend to keep as a collector. Purchased it loaded. If your a true RX fan you'll appreciate the car. For those of you who purchased the car for every day use, you should have taken a look at the Nissan. The Nissan is a dime a dozen and won't hurt your pocket book, for there is no value in the Nissan and never had.
  • Options
    Its been about a month now since I got my 8 back from the dealer on the AC issue lack of cooling and cold/cool/cold air, and the rough idle problem. Lets start with the good news, I was told they put in a new AC amplifier and flushed and recharged the system. And yes the AC is a bit colder now, but the cold/cool/cold still exist, and yes my back is still sweating in 90' heat outside with only a t-shirt on. The other good news is that they looked into the rough idle and they said they couldnt find anything wrong, no codes no nothing so all I got was your car is like this, it wont idle smooth because of the new collaberation called Techline. Now the bad news, they broke the soft drop on the glove box so now it just drops. Also they scrathed my driverside air outlet and they said they scratches are minor and if I want to change it I have to buy one myself and they will change it for free. I think this dealership serviced department is a good place for everyone to avoid. Lythia Mazda in Fresno, CA. Now I have an appointment next week for the repairs. My bad luck is still hunting me SHUCKS...
  • Options
    Sounds like your service center is like mine, the rough idle is visibly there, but if they don't get a code they have no idea what to do about it.
    I had it in two weeks ago for the A/C problem, still not fixed the amplifier is on back order according to them.
    Talked to Mazda C/S about how lame they are and was told "we cannot make them do anything"
    With the poor customer service from both my dealer and Mazda I will never buy another Mazda.
  • Options
    Well I am getting more discouraged with the quality of the RX8, got in it this morning and the drivers side sun visor fell off in my lap, I have used it maybe 4 times, it had slit the entire length where the pivot shaft is attached.
    I am almost afraid to touch anything for fear it will break.
  • Options
    cheezeboycheezeboy Member Posts: 218
    donalds - the first time I used my sun visor, it cracked as well....but my dealer/service replaced it no charge and has been fine since. Your dealer should do the same.

gguy (and all!) - major problem....need the best solution. Last night while playing "IronStorm" (don't bother - so hard on 'easy' it silly. One of those "walk walk walk...SNIPER SHOT...your dead" games! but I digress), it was around 12:30 am...and I hear rumbling outside...I know that the last spot open was next to my RX8, so i look...old beat up TransAm....looks like it may have been brown at one time, but now it's that nice 'Urban Blight Rust' color....I go back to the game....I hear a car door open and then I hear, oh the horror, a nice 'thud' sound.....I look out my upper floor window and see the driver, standing with the passenger door open, looking at my driver's suicide door.....and he runs his hand over my car (ACK!) and then stops, looks at his passenger, starts looking around to see if anybody noticed, looks at his buddy in the car and then tries to wipe off something from my car.....I go crazy and run into the bedroom to get my shoes and socks on, so that I can go put a beating on some punk...

but here is the first problem - once I got my shoes on, I looked down and saw that the driver was helping the passenger get into his WHEELCHAIR. Now, at 12:30 am, I am not about to start going off on a guy in a wheelchair nor the buddy who is helping him out. But all my co-workers today said that it shouldn't have mattered....but with my father being disabled, I kinda know how hard it is to do stuff, like get out of a car, when some other idiot used the last handicap spot....

and my second problem is this: I have a nice 1/4" gash in my door - no dent, but it goes to bare grey metal. I live here in the salty Florida coast and I am terrified of rust starting. So, what should I do? A friend of mine said put rubbing alcohol on it, clean the area, and put some touch-up paint on it till I can get it repainted by the dealer....I have no idea if this is a good idea or not....

long story, I apologise. I planned on leaving a nice note on the drivers car in the morning, but at some point in the night he left...grrrr....

...did I mention that all the seagulls, I think all of them, went over my car and left nice presents for me while I worked?....so that i got to enjoy the gash even more as I washed poop off the car?....when it rains it pours they say!..lol... :-)
  • Options
    carnaughtcarnaught Member Posts: 3,499
    Sorry about your car. With similar incidents in the past, I feel for you.

It it were mine, I'd have a professional, whether the dealer or not, touch up or repaint the door. Although you have to be p.o'd, it sounds like an accident, not an "on purpose".
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Be sure to check out our Town Hall chat lineup for Tuesday evenings... First up, talk the latest in new automotive technology during the Hybrid Vehicles Chat from 5-6pmPT/8-9pm ET

Hybrid Vehicles Chat Room

Immediately following at 6-7pm PT/9-10pm ET, we keep the chat party going with the Mazda Mania chat.

Mazda Mania Chat Room

The Town Hall chats are a great place to take these message board topics LIVE. Hope to see you there this week!

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards
  • Options
    scooter04scooter04 Member Posts: 1
    Hello all....I'm brand new here, so be nice & let me say right up front this is a L O N G post!!! I read through several hundred posts (all the way back to the first of the year) and didn't see anyone that had had the numerous BAD experiences that I've had, so, I'm polling folks to see if I should be looking into our "lemon law" 'round here, or if it's the dealership, or if it's just the car :(
    Let me start by saying I really love my RX-8. It's just such a frustration.
    I have the manual transmission. I find it necessary to explain at this point (after the dealership "suggested" that perhaps I didn't know HOW to drive a standard - something to do with me being a woman I think?) that I've driven only manual transmission cars for the last 15 years or so. my classic (old?) Alfa Romeo Spyder ('86) and a Mazda MX-6 ('96)- until flood damage totaled it.
    My FIRST issue , after the recalls....was what I explained to the dealership as difficulty going into the lower gears (usually 2nd or 3rd). they said bring it in tomorrow - I did, they said "nothing wrong", go home.
    The very next day the problem escalated to NOISE (grinding awful noise that made people stop and stare) and difficulty going into gear. called the dealership. they said "bring it in tomorrow, 9:00 am". "But, I have to go out of town tomorrow" them: "we'll have a rental ready"....well of course they didn't, blah blah blah.....that's another story..
    but, then they kept my little red car for 3 weeks...count them 21 days. I had to call them (dealership issue obviously) for updates...when I was finally able to pick up my car, the HEAD TECH told me that "his tech had put the 6th gear in upside down, and it took them FOREVER to figure out why 6th and reverse wouldn't work".
    NO KIDDING he told me that!!!!!
    ok, so 10 days later, early morning getting in the car to go to work, and lo and behold my windshield is cracked. can't be "heat" cuz it was relatively cool (for texas)still morning. so, to the glass replacement place. The guy said "it's a stress crack- go back to the dealership lickety split before it gets really bad". guess how long for a windshield??? you got it 3 weeks. they ordered the "wrong one".
    so, today, I have a NEW windshield, driving down the road and I can HEAR it pop (best way I can think of to descripe the sound, but definitely a NEW sound) when I hit a bump. :(
    Also have concerns with vibration since they "fixed" the transmission, and road noise after tires were rotated @ 10,000 miles.
    has ANYONE else had this many "issues"?
    again, I apologize for being so lengthy, but I need input from other RX-8 owners, and the venting was good too.
  • Options
    If you have read this section carefully you would have read that I am one of those with you whom shares your frustrations. let me recap for you and everyone else so far whats been happening. First off at 1000, miles an engine replacement, AC issues, weird odor from the tail pipes, side skirt starts coming off, crack in HVAC knob, rough idle, glove box broke, rearview mirror replacement, and a number of rattles like the passenger seat, rear speaker area, driver A-pillar, driver door handle area, sunroof visor, and now I have 8500 miles on my 8 and just got back from the dealership 2 days ago for knockingtapping sound from drivers side engine area and tire pressure light going off. They told me that the rough idle is normal for the 6MT and the knock sound is also normal. Strange how the rough idle only started about 3 months ago and the knocking only started a week ago. They said they checked the tire pressures and it appears normal. Well this morning the lights back on agian. My car has been in the shop for more then 30 days now and I am at the end of the ropes of holding on. I am going to seek the lemon law for its only been 9 months since I bought my car. I dont know what to do or how to start the claims process, any help and advice is much needed. And yes I feel your pain too, here in CA.
  • Options
    I think you are tops in all the assorted problems.
    I don't know about the lemon law in your state but where I live it dosen't matter if you car spends most of its life in the shop, here it will only qualify if there were three attempts to fix the same problem and it could not be done.
    With all the things that are popping up though it will not surprise if if someone files a class action suit against Mazda.
  • Options
    buckeye3dbuckeye3d Member Posts: 5
    Scooter sorry to hear about your problems. I just passed over 2000 miles with zero problems. Loving my 8! :D
  • Options
    howachowac Member Posts: 52
    Here's some info on the lemon laws in CA. I had to go through the process with a VW Golf a few years back. Hope this will help.

CA Department of Consumer Affairs:
    http://www.dca.ca.gov/acp/

CA Office of the Attorney General:
    http://caag.state.ca.us/consumers/general/lemon.htm

Better Business Bureau:
    http://www.dr.bbb.org/autoline/index.asp

Unfortunately, Mazda does not participate in the BBB Arbitration program. You might have to do a little more research to find out what your rights are. Good luck!
  • Options
    xoomxoomxoomxoom Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone noticed how the name plate in the door sill is too big for the recess causing it to stick up on one end?
    Has anyone gone to the dealer to get this fixed/replaced?
  • Options
    pathstar1pathstar1 Member Posts: 1,015
    is stuck on the plastic with double sided tape. It commonly comes unstuck. Perhaps yours did and shifted out of the recess. They usually bow in the middle and get "removed" when the door is opened or closed. That's what happens when you try to stick two materials together that have greatly different expantion rates vs temp.

I think the best solution is to get rid of the tape, cut two slots in the aluminum and two holes in the plastic, and install two pop rivits (loose) so the aluminum/plastic can move independantly.
  • Options
    vegavega Member Posts: 2
    I bought a demo Rx8, 6 speed in June of 2004. Had 3700 miles on it, so I assume the car can be considered "broken in."

I drive 80% highway, 20% "suburbia." I am averaging just under 15 mpgs, and I am very upset about this. With the advertised 18city/24 highway, I should be doing close to 20 mpgs.

At the dealer's suggestion, I recently drove my car to empty, and fueled up. I will again calculate my gas mileage. (During this tankful, I am not going to go above 75 mph, or use my air conditioner.)

If my gas mileage still sucks, I am going to see if the dealer or manufacturer will refund my money and take the car back. With the money I am blowing on gas, I could have bought a Corvette (and get 22 to 25 mpgs!). The gas mileage is inexcusable; this car is not a 12 cylinder Dodge Viper, nor is it a Chevy Tahoe. I think the advertised gas mileage on the sticker is fraud on the consumer.

If they won't refund my money in full, I am considering hiring a lemon law attorney. (I live in NJ).

What are your thoughts about the mpg problem?

Allan
  • Options
    vegavega Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 6 speed Rx8 in June 2004. It was a demo, with 3700 miles on it, so I assume it can be considered "broken in."

I recently calculated my gas mileage, and got just under 15 mpg. I do 80% highway driving/20% "suburbia" driving.

I am presently recalculating my mileage, having taken my car to empty and gassed up. I am keeping the car under 75 mph, and am not using the ac during my "test."

The gas mileage I am experiencing is inexcuseable. This is not a V-12 Dodge Viper, or a Chevy Suburban. With the money I am blowing on gas, I could have bought a Corvette (and gotten 22 to 25 mpg!!)

Any suggestions? If I get another bad mpg figure, I am going to ask Mazda to refund my money. May even hire a lemon law attorney if need be (the advertised (18mpg city/24mpg highway), based upon my very different personal experience, is consumer fraud.)

Allan from New Jersey.
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,985
    lemon law definitely doesn't apply here. there are very specific rules that go along with claiming a car as a lemon.

as far as "false advertising," maybe I understand this wrong, but those are EPA numbers and, as far as I remember, a disclaimer always goes along with those numbers that says something to the effect "for comparison of cars in similar class only. may not reflect actual mileage." blah blah blah.

As far as I can tell, you have no leg to stand on. And as far as the dealer refunding your money? Good luck.

My suggestion is to ask them to reset the computer.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

This discussion has been closed.