Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Volvo XC70 V70 Prices Paid

Comments

• konkarkonkar Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    Is $32,000 for 06-V70 2.5 T with Premium pkg + Convenience pkg + Climate pkg in metalic color ( including all incentives) is a good deal ?
    Need to make a quick decision. Thanks
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Member Posts: 1,150
    A poster in the High End Luxury Models forum posted the ALG residual values list last week. It makes for interesting reading and is worth printing out.

The XC90, naturally, has great resale. It is the latest and the best. Couples "making it" just have to have one in their three car garage. The resale on the XC70 is one category lower. Hmm. This lower resale percentage makes a used XC an attractive proposition. Afterall, it can do everything an XC90 can do and is a lot less money.
  • ctwestiectwestie Member Posts: 2
    I have a quote from a dealer for a XC70 Premium pkg, climate pkg, paint & convenience pkg for $34,972. This looks 2k high to me. Or is the $34.9 the proper pricing? Any thoughts?
  • klikli Member Posts: 3
    what dealer did you get that quote? seems very good to me.

Cleveland Ohio area is about 38000, the best I heard.
  • ctwestiectwestie Member Posts: 2
    It is from Milford, CT. The price is around the same at other dealerships.
  • collins5collins5 Member Posts: 2
    I bought a 2006 XC70 last week in Fairfax, VV for $32,700 (plus $695 freight). Premium, climate, booster seats and metallic paint. Maybe they can match this price. I found it online at Fairfax Volvo. I love it so far.
  • collins5collins5 Member Posts: 2
    I meant to type VA, not VV.
  • dukie2dukie2 Member Posts: 1
    We are considering buying one of these 2 vehicles. This would be the first Volvo for us. Can any of you "seasoned" Volvo owners offer any advice on which one would be the best buy? We live in NC and don't really need the AWD of the XC70 but we like the sportier look. The current Volvo dealer incentives would make the XC70 the better buy because the incentives are higher than that for the V70. We are a bit concerned about reports of "sluggish acceleration" and "heavier steering" on the XC70. I assume the resale value on the XC70 would be higher than the V70?
    Is there any obvious differences between the two that would make our decision easier? We are being quoted $33340 for a 2006 XC70 w/Premium & Climate packages, and about $32500 for the V70 with the same packages. We are also being quoted $30100 for a V70 service loaner with 4200 miles on the clock.
    Also we are considering a 2007 VW Passat Wagon 2.0T, any thoughts on that vehicle?
    Any help would be most apprciated, we plan to buy very soon.
  • musrhmusrh Member Posts: 5
    Both the XC70 and the V70 are great cars. I recently purchased a fully loaded (prem, climate, convenience, xenon, wheels, etc.) 2006 XC in Cleveland for $37,492. That is about $7k under sticker, $3500 under invoice. Now, I love driving the XC. The XC has plenty of engine and handles very well. My brother has the V70...he wishes he could have the XC.

Finally, stay away from VW. The reason that I got a new car was becuase I won a 2-year lawsuit against VW for my Touareg lemon. Having been in the service dept. 20 times, I heard a lot of horror stories from other VW owners. Cars look great, drive fine, but they fall apart and the brains of the car are totally unreliable. My two cents.

I would go ahead and pull the trigger on the XC...you won't be dissapointed.
  • cruxdynocruxdyno Member Posts: 3
    I found myself a 2006 XC70 owned just for a few months by a senior couple. It turned out that the wife didn't like the feel of a wagon and decided to sell it for a 2007 Jaguar instead. I'm getting it for $29,900 which I think is a good deal. The accelleration was impressive. I'll write more of a review when I drive it more.
  • badsaabbadsaab Member Posts: 12
    We are also deciding between a v70, and xc70 or a vw 3.6 4motion. I was wondering if you guys purchased a car yet and if so, what was your decision and how did you arrive at it? Are you happy with your choice?

Our thoughts- Really like the xc70 but already have a xc90 (sort of wish I'd considered the xc70 first time around- I think it has more cargo space in the rear, also like the v70 and how it drove- felt sort of sporty with the 2.5t (Does anyone know how it is in the snow?) and finally I have always had VW's and I like their drive, especially this 3.6 4 motion- it was great, but the SEATS are terrible- what has VW done? My 1999 passat has better seats. Also the first year of the model run scares us a bit, so it is a question of which volvo?

Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.
  • musrhmusrh Member Posts: 5
    Get the XC70! Better gas mileage, more room, better acceleration (same engine as the 90, but a lot lighter).

I just finished a lawsuit against VW for my first-model-year Touareg...I won...but it was painful. Let someone else be the guinea pig.
  • jim314jim314 Member Posts: 491
    From what I know of prices, it sounds like you got a terrific deal. You must have bought it directly from them. Imagine someone getting a vehicle like that and then deciding they don't like the feel of a wagon and trading it right away. Good deal for you. How many miles on it when you got it? What color and equipment?
    Having had the car for 3 weeks now, I just plain love my decision with this car. Its black with the premiem/climate package. Had 6000 miles on it. On the highway, it drives like a dream and surprisingly good on higher speed turns. Must be the 4 wheel drive making it feel so tight. Where are you from and what model/year do you have? Any comments good/bad would be appreciated.
    My wife drives a 2004 V70 base model 2.4L FWD with auto trans. Fuel economy is extremely important to her and so she wanted the 30 mph highway mileage that the 2004 V70 gave with its base wheels/tires--Michelin low rolling resistance 195/65-15s which have a 51 psi max infl pressure. She keeps them at about 40 psi. We live in Dallas TX.
  • diggler99diggler99 Member Posts: 1
    We're looking at a 2004 XC70 AWD 2.5T, fully loaded, 21K miles from a non-Volvo dealer in Columbus, OH. The car appears to be in immaculate shape and is pending an independent inspection. They are asking $27,990.
    Does anyone think this is isn't a good deal? We think it is, but we don't have the certified preowned 6y/100K warranty. We are also looking at some service loaners and low mileage used XC70s and V70s at a Volvo dealer, including a 2004 XC70 wtih 46 K for about the same price. We're debating if the service warranty from a Volvo dealer is worth getting a car that has 25K more miles on it. Also, we have a quote of around $30500 for a 2006 V70; posts on this site suggest that the extra price for the XC70 is worth it. Any advice is welcome, thanks.
  • jcfudgejcfudge Member Posts: 2
    Was the 32,700 plus 695 your out the door price or was that in addition to tax, tag, title and other fees
  • jcfudgejcfudge Member Posts: 2
    Just curious what dealer gave you your quotes as I live in NC and am looking to buy a new XC70 in in the next month.
    Thanks
    Mine was from a private owner
  • keithandkeithand Member Posts: 10
    We bought the car while living in Norther Michigan and this car handled snow better than our previous Jeep Limited AWD and RX330 AWD. Moving to FL the trunk volume has come in handy numerous times.

It has gone to the dealer for only regular service intervals and a broken passenger side seat belt which would not retract.

The MPG is anywhere from 18-28 depending on road conditions and from someone who likes power the 2.5T has been fine. The car is tank like in only positive terms.

No complaints.

The car still gets noticed by others being black w/ taupe interior and the Xenia wheels. The HID's are fine once I raised them a bit.

Now what to get next? Probably a sport sedan!
  • ryanburdryanburd Member Posts: 3
    Hello,

Just got a lease quote on a 2006 XC70 with Premium Package & Climage Package

MSRP $40,500
    Initial Cap Cost $28,102 (A-Plan price)
    Adjusted Cap Cost $28,102
    12K miles per year
    Residual $14,985
    Interest 0.0025%
    42-month Term
    $420.03 Monthly payment
    Total due at signing $2,125

Is this a good deal for A-Plan pricing? I am in the Northeast (VT/NH area). Brand new to this forum and Volvo in general. Any help is much appreciated!!
    Forgive me, but what is A Plan pricing?

As a side note, an approximately 50% residual value after almost 4 years sounds a bit high. (Actually the residual is MORE than 50% for LESS than 4 years.) Although, I could see myself paying 15K for a four year old (i.e., 2002) XC in good shape.
  • ryanburdryanburd Member Posts: 3
    A-Plan pricing is Ford's friends and family discount program. It's what Ford employees are entitled to pay for vehicles.
  • spsimsspsims Member Posts: 5
    In late April I got the following on an XC70 in Northern California with the Premium, Climate packages and booster seats (didn't need them but they were there). Also includes Satellite radio prep and the satellite radio itself.

MSRP $41,350
    Cap Cost $30,676
    12K Miles/yr
    Residual $17,367
    36 Month Lease
    Cap Cost reduction $1,049
    Monthly $466 (before CA sales tax)

Looks like you've done a little bit better on the cap cost.
  • murphy4murphy4 Member Posts: 92
    We are looking to lease a V70 turbo with, premium, convenience, climate, upgrade wheels, sirius prep and boosters. MSRP is $40,225.00. What are dealers been willing to do in Southern California.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
  • mclare3mclare3 Member Posts: 1
    Looking @ an 04 XC70 w/ 104,000 miles in New England...opinions on quality expectations for that model and mileage, price to be paid, other tid bits...very appreciated...mc
  • airkittairkitt Member Posts: 3
    I am considering a "new" 2006 XC70 AWD w/premium, convenience, climate, and booster seats. The dealer's owner is currently driving this vehicle and it has 3,000 miles on it. The dealer is looking to sell this as a new vehicle for $37,200 (MSRP is $42,035). A couple of questions: Is this really a new or used car? Is this a good price for a 2006 vehicle that is for sale in late August 2006?

Thanks for your help.
  • spsimsspsims Member Posts: 5
    37,200 sounds quite a bit high, particularly for a car with 3000 miles. You'll see "cap costs", which are essentially sales prices on a couple of leases at around 31,000 to 32,000. You should be able to do much better than 37,200. I'd guess between 31K and 32K on a NEW XC70 with less than 100 miles. Look at Edmunds or Kelly Blue Book (kbb.com) for dealer costs. You should be able to at least that well for a 2006.
  • heidigreenlawheidigreenlaw Member Posts: 26
    I am looking at a new 2006 XC70 with both the premium & climate packages. I live in CT. Sticker on this car is a little over $42,000. As I was "window shopping" (I thought the dealer was closed) - a salesman came out & told me they just closed but that they are really trying to get rid of the 2006s. He said "don't pay any attention to that sticker price. We want to get rid of these 2006s and you can get that for thounsands less than that. Even less than that used one over there." (the "used" one had 3,0000 miles on it & was $32,000!

Edmunds says Invoice & TMV are apprx $38,000 - think I can get it even less with this push to get them off the lots? Any idea how much I should negotiate for?

Thanks for any help you can give.
  • pcc2pcc2 Member Posts: 7
    I'm interested in a similar car and live in CT as well - did you finally get a quote?

I'm very interested in your findings and where you are looking.

Thanks!
  • pgb3pgb3 Member Posts: 7
    Can someone tell me if I can expect to subtract the "cash to customer" and "cash to dealer" from the "True Market Value" price of the vehicle?

2006 V70R
    Premium package
    Cold weather package
    Metallic paint
    Child seats
    Interior air quality

TMV: $39,543
    CASH to CUSTOMER: $2,000
    CASH to DEALER: $3,500
  • sweeney4sweeney4 Member Posts: 17
    On the XC70 there is $3000 rebate
    So with Convience Package, Premium Package and Climate Package you can get a car with MSRP of $43K for $36K.
  • raprap Member Posts: 10
    So if a 2006 XC70 with Convenience Package, Premium Package, and Climate Package is MSRP of $42.6K and an invoice of $39.6K with a TMV of $36.5 how come the reduction isn't a little bit more with the current rebates and incentives?

Cash to Customer $2000

Cash to Dealer $3250
    Cash to Dealer of $1000 (for previous owners of Volvos)
    and an extra Cash to Dealer of $500 for financing through Volvo.

That's a total of $6750 of incentives. Assuming you would have been starting off at around $1000 above invoice for TMV without any incentives, would that put the new TMV around $34K (provided you own another Volvo and are willing to finance through Volvo?

Thanks.
  • elmo1elmo1 Member Posts: 1
    with Premium, Convenience, and Sirius wiring for $33900 in central/west Florida. Other quotes for same car in $35k range. I had a really excellent buying experience. Good value on car, good value on trade, 3 phone calls and a couple hours at the dealership (computer in finance office went down so delay in getting paperwork done).
  • monkmonkmonkmonk Member Posts: 1
    We bought a new 2006 XC70 with Premium, Convenience, Climate and Sirius for 33.7k at Topping Volvo in Olympia, Washington.

They came in under everyone else in the Seattle area by almost $2000. Everything other than delivery was taken care of via email or the phone.

The internet guys at Topping made this an excellent buying experience.
    Paid $31,500 for a new 2006 XC70 with premium, climate and booster seats - I thought this was an unbelievable deal including a no haggle price negotiation.
  • pbbobpbbob Member Posts: 3
    Purchased a new 2007 XC70 yesterday (8 miles). Barents Blue Metallic, Premium, Climate and Convenience Packages, Sirius radio, booster seats. The dealers offer to me was $31,500. I couldn't beat it anywhere so I took it. This was in Thousand Oaks, CA.
  • rob1954rob1954 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at basicallly the same vehicle in Illinois. The best I can get anywhere is $37,573. How did they get down to $31,500? I'd love to show my dealer that sales contract.
  • pbbobpbbob Member Posts: 3
    I asked them the same question. I had originally called about a used car, but it had already been sold. The sales guy said, "sorry we sold that one, but I can offer you a brand new one for $31,500 with all three option packages." I was shocked as I had tried to get a deal on a leftover 06 and couldn't get anywhere near that price in all of socal. I made him put it in writing - he did. I asked the finance guy how they were able to do that deal and he said he didn't know because according to his records they took a $350 loss on the car. I can only assume that there was either some other motivation to sell a car (I had my choice of cars) or someone had recently overpaid and I got lucky. At that price, it might be worth buying the car and having it shipped?

After having the car a little over a week now, it is truly a great car. Nice to drive and really looks great on the road.
  • rob1954rob1954 Member Posts: 2
    Well we bought our last 2 new Volvos from this dealer. They're easy to deal with and have a great service department. We got a 2007 Lava Sand xc70 with graphite leather, the 3 major packages, the upgraded 6 cd stereo, the upgraded cabin filter, 5 rubber mats to protect the carpets and a hands free bluetooth unit for $38,000 and he took 750 off their first price for a 100,000 mile extended warranty. Just got it 3 days ago, had 5 miles on it. It's nice to drive and really good looking.
    I've been thinking about the level of complaints that people have with their Volvo wagons and I think I have an insight. Lets assume that Volvomax and others are correct that the Volvo reliability/warranty/etc. rate is at least as good as the Germans, if not better. Then why all the complaints? The answer might be very simple. The cost of parts and labor to service a 40K Volvo XC is probably about the same as for a 60K E Class 4Matic wagon. Yet the Volvo customer thinks that because the car didn't cost 60K that service shouldn't cost the same. He doesn't realize that the dealer's overhead costs are identical to the German store down the street and because the cars are equally complex they probably will have similar rates of problem areas.

While the above may explain why a lot of Volvo owners are upset with 1K brake jobs, it doesn't explain why MB owners also are upset with their service/repair experience. Maybe the answer to that one is partially, and only partially, a function of the MB owner demographic?
    WOW - really a 2007 for $31,500 which includes all the 3 major packages.....I think this is close to the production cost?

Good for you - that's the lowest I've heard by $5g's.

I feel like an idiot paying the same price for a 2006 with no convenience package.
  • dlb126dlb126 Member Posts: 7
    that was the 11K in incentives Volvo was offering - my offer was close to that, but higher with a trade I paid off.
    $11K in incentives for a 2007 - yea right!

Were these incentives on leases or outright purchases?

I've done a ton of research and know an owner of a Volvo dealership and there was never $11K in incentives for a purchase (or lease for that matter).

Maybe you bought a demo?
    No demo 8 miles, it was a lease, and yes incentives. Check swedespeed forums and you'll see similar deals as well. Regardless of how they got to the price, a lease in 06 on an 07 X C70 (with the 3 packages) was right at 32K. I think it may have been 9K, + 2K with the trade in -- my deal was more complicated by ending a previous lease early. Another Volvo owner in my neighborhood got the same deal from a different dealer.
    Ok - thanks for the reply....that makes a lot more sense.

It sounds like a great deal no matter how complicated or what occured to make the transaction happen.
  • saabv6saabv6 Member Posts: 4
    Finally getting rid of our 2001 Saab 9-5SE and contemplating a second XC70.

Already own a 2004 base model - 58,000 flawless miles, rock-solid in snow and inclement weather - it's been a terrific ownership experience.

Can anyone offer insight on what 'out the door' prices are for '07 XC70's (premium/convenience/climate/bluetooth)purchased in ME/NH/North of Boston? Are there any Volvo factory rebates at the moment?

Many thanks!
    What was wrong with the 2001 Saab?
    No problem and it was and I checked my invoice, it was 9K in incentives, not 11. I don't know if they're still doing it on the leases -- also note the deal was the costco deal, which is 700 above invoice, minus the 9k, that's how it got to 32 (my previous lease was the extra 2K)
  • saabv6saabv6 Member Posts: 4
    Where to begin??

22K the throttle motor went while driving 75mph on I95 - harrowing experience. When the throttle motor goes, the car 'freezes' - no steering, brakes, anything. Somehow I managed to inch it over to the breakdown lane without gettting killed. I was a sitting duck. Still can't believe I'm alive.

Then the transmission died at 69K - after wrangling with corporate for a month Saab begrudgingly picked up half of the bill 4K. Generous of them.

Then the car began to really fall apart - AC shot, fuel pump, battery replaced 4 times, name virtually any engine sensor. Leaving out additional minor issues as well that were reason enough to loathe the vehicle. Been towed four times in fourteen months - not what you want when you drive 65 mi to/from downtown Boston every day.

Our '04 XC70 has been a flawless family vehicle so opting to remain loyal to the brand.