Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Lexus GX460 GX470 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• wbwynnwbwynn Member Posts: 246
    On a $51,813 MSRP which is NAV-ML, accessory package, spoiler, 3rd row; I have just received firm quotes for $3500 and $4100 off MSRP from two dealers in the Carolinas..... No questions asked.

This seems pretty favorable without any negotiation. No trade involved either.
  • dpriwindpriwin Member Posts: 12
    Following the advice of several of you I have contacted via e-mail 10 dealerships within a 4 hour drive of my home. I got immediate canned responses from most of them. However, after taking the time to thank them and let them know that I am for real, I have received several firm quotes.

For a plain vanilla GX 470 (no Nav, no DVD/Entertainment) I am getting $3000 over invoice with no negotiation at all yet. Can I get them to come down lower?
  • samesame Member Posts: 7
    I just bought my car yesterday. However while driving home from L.A. to Northern California (after 5 min), my location was totally off?? It looked like the GPS system was not picking up the signal. I stopped the car to manually calibrate, and it work for only a few miles, then lost again. A day later and it's still not working. Is there supposed to be a "GPS" icon on the top left corner (shown in the manual)? Please help!!! I plan to bring it back to the dealer to fix it. Is anyone having this problem? Other than that, the car is great.
  • buster6buster6 Member Posts: 134
    I have had the Toyota Nav for 2 years now and only experienced a non working nav once. It showed me being about 2 miles off from where I really was (and lasted about an hour). I would take it back to the dealer immediately.
  • tralalatralala Member Posts: 1
    Are there any owners of the GX in Washington state? I'm having difficulty negotiating with the dealers in my area - they refuse to budge from MSRP. From the jist of things, it seems to me that Washington state Lexus dealers (there are only 4 of them) are hard to deal with.

I would appreciate any feedback.
    Thank you.
  • hzhaohzhao Member Posts: 28
    To tralala,

Although I am not in your state or any where closer, but from my experience, out of state dealer can and willing to deal with outside state buyer and arrange the delivery. I just bought mine with all the options except KDSS for $59,985 out door (meaning include all the taxes (8% for my area) and documentation, license fee, etc). I have deal with my dealer since 93 and I do know that they do out of state sales. Email me if you are interest that way, I can give you the contact info.

To same,

About your Nav. porblem, you can try to change the defaut search area (within Destination Menu) to help system to fix the satellite position quickly. Sometime, the system reaches the timeout before they can fix its position. Hope that helps.
    hzhao,

The dealer checked it and there's something wrong with the antenna. They ordered the part and I should get it in a week.
  • mouseonlinemouseonline Member Posts: 47
    your price seems high.
    I got the same model with everything except KDSS for $53000 out of door. (sales tax 7.25%).
    My price before tax was $49286. MSRP was $53875.
    I am in Ohio.
    I shopped around Internet, and my local dealer matched the deal.
    I am happy with this GX, except it make HUMMING resonance noise around 60-65mph.
  • hzhaohzhao Member Posts: 28
    Sorry that I made a mistake on the pricing in my previous message. THe cost was $49,985 plus tax. Sorry for the confusion.
  • sdsf501sdsf501 Member Posts: 9
    Can anyone share with me their experiences in the differences between dealer's invoice vs. KBB invoice? I am getting ready to buy a gx470 and want to get the best possible price...

For example, what extra things do dealers have on their invoices (ie dealers add fee, lexus assoc fee, etc)....stuff like that...

Im a Southern california buyer looking for an honest lexus dealership..
    I bought the GX a few weeks ago So. Cal. The price is pretty good. They will also dd the advertising fee (around 550) to the invoice price. The other invoices prices are pretty close to KBB. I got it with NAV and 3rd row. The only problem I have with the dealer is the car had a bad GPS antenna. They didn't tell me that there was a problem until I figured it out when I was half way home. I am pretty sure they knew about the problem because I had to wait an hour for the truck because they said they had to calibrate the GPS. I had to bring it bad to another dealer in No. Cal.
  • sdsf501sdsf501 Member Posts: 9
    Thank you very much for your response. Would you mind sharing with me what you paid for your Lexus and where you bought yours? Im getting pretty much the same thing and currently I have a dealer willing to give me $1800 over invoice (approx. $46,500 out the door). The dealer is Kearny Mesa Lexus in San Diego.....

thanks
    that's a good deal. i got 2k over invoice, which was pretty good already. $46,500 out the door??? you must not have added any options. make sure you get a contract with vin# before you go to the dealer to pick up your truck. did you have to bargain alot?
    Bought new GX today for $2000 over invoice...ML-NAV, 3rd Row...MSRP $51813.

Local North Carolina buy...last day of the month works very well.
  • rkrzystonrkrzyston Member Posts: 10
    I just got 2K over invoice too! I did notice that there is a $907 is dealer holdback!

9300G!
    picked up my GX yesterday at lunch. Got it in San Diego and there is only one Lexus dealer. Great experience. No pressure even from F&I!

Would reccommend dealer to anyone... even got a decent deal of 2K over invoice
  • chubakakachubakaka Member Posts: 4
    I was wondering how many people have had a bad experience at Lexus of Cerritos, because I just recently bought a car there and it was not good.

Basically the salesman lied to me cuz later went home and did some research when i got home, to my dismay found out the price of Invoice.

(if you want the full story let me know i can email it cuz it'd be to long to post here)
  • dfd3dfd3 Member Posts: 57
    Hello All:

Been following the boards for several months and am just about ready to buy. I'm in North Texas and am curious as to what type of deal to expect. I have seen several recent posts of folks buying @ $2,000. or so above invoice. Anyone have any recent experiences they can share?

Also, have seen numerous posts on tire brands. What is the consensus on the best tire brand to get? Any thoughts?
    I made a $2000 over invoice deal on the last day of the month (4/30); Lexus has an allocation system for their vehicles so they are more generous then.

I think the Michelin Cross-Terrains get the most votes, but I've read good things about Dunlop too. I insisted on Michelin. Good luck and make sure you test drive at highway speeds to check for vibration.
    I have Bridgestone Dueler H/T. Just bought my GX 2 weeks ago. Rides nice so I am sorry to hear about all the trouble!
  • jerry1jerry1 Member Posts: 4
    I was looking at the GX470 and the QX56 (Infiniti) and have finally settled for the Gx470. I would like to know from owners out there if a price of $48,000 with navigation/M.Levinson system, third row,rear spoiler and without the DVD entertainment system is a good price. I live in the Princeton area of New Jersey. Any feedback will be appreciated.
    I paid $46705 before tax and doc fees for the same setup which I thought was a very good deal. $48750 out the door.

Make them an offer on Friday...last business day of the month. Good luck.
  • habitat1habitat1 Member Posts: 4,282
    Mind posting the name of your dealer? I'm from DC, but we vacation in NC and we are considering a 2005 GX when they arrive this fall/winter. Thanks.
    Hendrick Lexus in Charlotte, NC
    Thank you very much.
  • zubby1zubby1 Member Posts: 1
    Kearny Mesa (San Diego)Lexus, outstanding experience, got it $2000 over invoice, fully loaded except for KKDS. Went to Carlsbad Lexus, they had same equiped gx for me, gave them a deposit they called me said it was in, went to pick it up and said it was sold to someone else! They did nothing for me to try to locate another, I called Kearny Mesa Lexus and picked up same equiped vechile the next day! Want a bad experience, go buy a Lexus from Carlsbad! Was treated very well, great experience with sales, finance and sales manager @ Kearny Mesa!
  • dogface5dogface5 Member Posts: 87
    I am looking to buy a GX within the next week. A dealer in Dallas is offering me a meridian blue/ivory MSRP: $52200 for $47600 (including ad fee). (Navi/ML + third row seat + cargo net, mat, wheel locks, rear spoiler, tow hitch) Is this a good price?
  • nbfc260nbfc260 Member Posts: 7
    Before anybody takes any money out there pocket please drive the truck, and i dont mean a demo or one on the lot I mean the one that you are taking home to own. Trust me I made the mistake of test driving another one at the dealership and 2 others at another dealership. Now I am involved in a Lemon Lawsuit with them because the truck I bought has the vibration problem and they tell me it is a characteristic of the vehicle. 4 trips to the service dept. and 2 dealerships later and they say there is nothing they can do. Mine is a 2004 2months old with less than 2000 miles. They say it has every fix in it and dont know why it vibrates. Agian please drive the one you are buying before signing anything, not every truck does it only a handfull do.
  • jerry1jerry1 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks. Appreciate bringing this to attention. I am now having second thoughts. Do you know when this was actually manufactured as this is an ongoing problem which I thought had been fixed at the factory obviously not. Hope Lexus stands behind their product and you get another vehicle or your money back.Good luck
    Care to mention the dealership? You cannot mention salespersons names or phone numbers, but you can give the dealership name. I am also in North Texas and just starting my shopping process. That sounds like a decent deal.
    The dealer is Sewell Lexus in Dallas.
    Thank you, sir!

Are you pulling the trigger? Your deal appears to be about $2,000. or so over invoice. Is that about right?
    You're welcome. I am going to the dealership first thing next morning. If everything works out, the GX will be in my garage tomorrow.
    Let us know how it works (worked) out. Colors, packages, final price, etc.
  • lvlarry3lvlarry3 Member Posts: 5
    Lexus of Cerritos sucks. Too bad you didn't read my comments earlier #201 and #204 on page 11. Most Lexus dealers have at least a little class but the dogs at Lexus of Cerritos are slime. Avoid at ALL COST!
    Hello All:

Just finalized a deal last Saturday.

Purchased a blizzard pearl GX470 with nav/ML, 3rd row seat, cargo net, mat, wheel locks and tow hitch receiver. MSRP was $51,362. Purchase price was $46,610. I calculated dealer invoice to be $44,380 plus their advertising charge. Not sure what the ad charge was - probably $400-$500. So, figure the deal was somewhere around $1,700. over invoice. Not too bad and I really did not work it that hard. Dealer's offer out of the gate was $48,362. I told him that another dealer had "whipped" him and he came back with our agreed to price.

We drove two different demos in the past week. Neither exibited the driveshaft thump or the vibration at 60 MPH. Will test drive ours when it arrives to make sure that it is free of those problems as well.

The only other vehicle we considered/tested was the Acura MDX. Folks, there is no comparison between the two with regard to a lot of things: interior materials, quietness, ride quality, fit and finish, etc. Granted, it is a more expensive vehicle, but I think we are going to be happy with our decision. Just wanted to share the #s for those who are interested.
  • doublewoodsdoublewoods Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a GX470 a week ago. For a fully-loaded GX470 (with Nav/Mark System, 3rd/Rear Seat A/C, Rear Seat Entertainment, KDSS, wheel lock), the listed invoice price is $46,600 and the MSRP is $54,400. During the initial negotiation, dealer offered $51,500. The final price I got was $49,400 before tax and doc fee. I thought this was a very good deal. Anybody got anything better? This is my first Lexus. My experience with the dealer was very positive. If you are sincere and ready to make the purchase, just tell the dealer the price you want to pay. At least the dealer I worked with did not play any game with me.
  • lexuswannabelexuswannabe Member Posts: 4
    Hi, I'm new to the board. I have a question and hope you may be able to help.

I know I'm going to purchase a Lexus SUV. I'm trying to make up my mind whether I should
    go with the RX 330 or the GX 470. In doing some research of both SUVs, there are pros and
    cons that I have not quite made up my mind. I'm aware that these are two completely different vehicles, and we'll be using the SUV primarily for hauling people around (mostly just four of us) and not doing a serious towing.

I wouldn't care too much for the off-road capabilities of the GX 470 either.

RX 330:
    Pro: easier to get in/out and to drive (I think), less gas consumption, less cost of ownership (maintenance, repair, etc.)
    in the long run, cheaper, quieter (???), better handling (???).
    GX 470:
    Pro: the GX 470's exterior looks nicer to me, has a bigger interior, feels more luxurious than the RX 330, have a third
    row (in case we need it).

Right now I tend to lean a little toward the GX 470. Any idea/comment would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  • doublewoodsdoublewoods Member Posts: 2
    If the main purpose for you to buy a Lexus or any other cars/SUVs is to carry people around, your best bet is GX470. I went through similar thinking before I bought GX470. GX470 has much comfortable rear seat leg rooms than RX330 and even better than LX470. Also for transporting sizable stuff, GX470 will serve you better. Good luck!
    The GX470 is a very nice vehicle, but IMO, it's big advantage over some other car based SUV's is its serious SUV capabilities. Being that we have family in Pennsylvania and Maine, and do a little off-raoding, it is high on my list.

If I were only looking for a light duty people hauler, I'm not sure I'd still rate it as highly above the MDX, XC90 or X5, all of which are offer better handling, better acceleration and get better gas mileage.

We probably won't be getting a new SUV until 2005, but I am anxious to see what is in store - especially engine wise - for the GX. If, as I've heard rumered, a new, more powerful and fuel efficient V8 is coming, then I'd take the GX over anything. The only current flaw I see in the GX is it's outdated V8 and, based upon some reports, clunky transmission.

P.S. I'm not a fan of the RX for purely subjective reasons. I just think it looks (and drives) a little too much like a minivan.
  • lexuswannabelexuswannabe Member Posts: 4
    I also heard rumor that the 2005 GX470 will have a new engine with variable timing, better gas mileage and 285 horsepowers.
  • bondmombondmom Member Posts: 7
    Just took delivery of a 2004 Blizzard Pearl w/Nav/ML, 3rd Row, mats, wheel locks, cargo net, spoiler, etc. for $46K flat. Was happy with price we got. Local dealer wasn't looking to negotiate and didn't have our color preferences so sent e-mails to 5 dealers in neighboring states. Some said our price was too low but found a few willing to talk. It being the end of the month seemed to help as well.
    Thanks everyone for all your advice. Thanks nbfc260 - Took your advice and test drove thae car we took home before signing the contract - took it up to 70 mph on highway and had no vibration problem let's hope it stays that way. :)
    That's a very good price, one of the best I've seen. I paid $46700 for the same 2004 setup about 2 months ago. Enjoy.
  • kbmrkbmr Member Posts: 1
    Hi folks, anyone knows of good deals for Lexus GX 470 w/ ML + 3rd row seat in New Jersey. The MSRP I believe is $51,900. The best I got is 48K which I think is too high. since this is 2004 year end, the final price should be much better
    also let me know the dealership I can go to
    thanks in advance
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Member Posts: 1,289
    Have you tried Ray Catena in Oakhurst, NJ? They usually have the best deals in all of New Jersey. I have helped several relatives purchase Lexi in New Jersey and Ray Catena always wins, by a rather large margin. I have compared their prices each time to Lawrence Lexus, Cherry Hill Lexus, Difeo Lexus.
  • lexus4everlexus4ever Member Posts: 1
    Have anyone able to locate a good deal in SoCal. I am Looking for a 04 GX470 Nav w/ 3rd row + Rear Ent. I think MSRP ~53.7K. So far the best quote is 48.5K same as carsdirect.com. I think it can be much better. Any recommendation, thank in advances
  • shawnkaneshawnkane Member Posts: 1
    We looked at many suvs out there and I must say for the money the GX 470 was the best. It cam down to the GX, Landcruiser or Acura MDX. The Acura just looked cheap inside to me. We went with the GX after the dealer told us they had demo with 6000 miles on it and was loaded (owner's wife drove it). We got it for $45,900. The lowest we could get for a loaded one w/o being a demo was $48,500 so we took the demo. We love it so far, it drives like a dream and with this being our second Lexus (1995 ES300) we know we are getting a quality product. We have not have one single problem with our ES and it has 114,000 miles, wow!
  • shoppingmdshoppingmd Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to purchase the GX470 before the end of the year. I would prefer to wait for the '05 to come out, but I was told that the new GX won't be at the dealers until December. Does anyone know this to be true??
    Also what changes are in store for the '05?
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I don't know when the '05's are coming out, but sometimes dealers will stretch the ETA for the new models to try to convince you to buy something on the lot.

Anyone?

Steve, Host
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Member Posts: 1,289
    this has been discussed before. The strong rumor is the 4.7L V8 will be getting VVTi heads and therefore horsepower will be boosted up from the current 230 to about 280 and torque will increase slightly without a sacrifice to gas mileage. Actually gas mileage may increase.