Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Ford Mustang (2005 and Newer)

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Nope, no seat time in the 2005 Mustang yet, sorry. But I'll let you know as soon as I do!
  • Options
    tpkentpken Member Posts: 1,108
    I debated about this and ordered my V6 Premium in charcoal cloth. The GT leather 'sport buckets' are great with their perforated ribbing but the V6 flat and unperforated leather trim seems cheap and hard. Those same excellent GT seats are available in the V6 - only if you get the red leather Interior Accent Color Package. I'm considering aftermarket leather as a possiility.
  • Options
    rorrrorr Member Posts: 3,630
    It sounds like you are SERIOUSLY contemplating replacing your totalled RX-8 with a new Mustang GT. When you bought the RX-8, was the extra rear-seat room a 'must have' or simply a bonus? IOW - is rear-seat space very high on your criteria for a replacement vehicle?

The reason I ask is that I REALLY like the new Mustang.....but. I must have the capacity to carry my kids on a semi-regular basis, so I've been leaning towards the RX-8 instead. Was there anything about your RX-8 purchase that you ever regretted in hindsight?
  • Options
    graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,669
    I think I'm talking myself into a Mustang. Yes, it's definitely on my short list.

I'll consider the GTO, too.

Rear seat room was "nice" to have in the RX8. I used the back seat a few times and my passengers appreciated the ease of the "half" doors for entry/exit, but it's not a priority for me. Short of the 1/2 doors for entry/exit, living in the back seat of either car won't be good for big people for more than jaunts around town. They will suffice for children, though.

That said, the GTO has wonderful back seats (and front seats, too).

In all honesty, another RX8 isn't out of the realm of possibility, either. I regretted nothing about my RX8 purchase. It's a true sports car that can hold 4. It's a blast to drive.

RX8 MPG wasn't good, but it isn't going to be good with a V8 car, either.

I probably wouldn't have given the Mustang a 2nd thought if my sister hasn't been looking at them, too. After getting behind the wheel and actually driving one while shopping with her, I have to admit that it's quite a good piece. It handles nicely. Brakes well. It's nicely finished and assembled. While the RX8 isn't a slouch in the performance dept....the Mustang GT is absolutely ferrocious by comparison.

Adding to that, the price is very, very appealing.

For the back seat accomodations and the front seat comfort, I'd strongly consider the '05 GTO if it cost $5,000 less. They are more softly sprung that the Mustang GT, but match it for acceleration (more or less). The '04s around here are all automatics and those are the only one's you can get a deal on. DOn't want an automatic. It's trunk is unuseable to me, though. The Mustang's trunk is large by comparison and bigger than the trunk that the RX8 has. If the General slaps some rebates on them for end of month, I'll strongly consider a GTO.

The down side with the Mustangs currently, is that the GT model is in short supply. If I bought one, I'd probably have to order it. While I've got a rental car now, I'm going to have to give it up next week. My son has a car and we'll end up sharing it for two months if I ordered the Mustang. That's not something I would look forward to doing since neither he nor I are will be that fond of sharing it with our widely different schedules.
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
  • Options
    rorrrorr Member Posts: 3,630
    Thanks for the insight. I've been following the discussions a bit in the GTO thread myself. For me though, I think the GTO would be just too......much. I've always been attracted more towards steering, handling, and braking than pure grunt (although my old LX 5.0 was a hoot in its own way). And I've always prefered smaller cars over big ones. I'm well aware that the GTO has a much larger back seat so would serve better as a 'family' car, but from what I hear the shifter is horrible in the car, the thing is too big/heavy (IMO), and I can't get past my own personal opinions regarding GM quality (however outdated they may be).

Of course, who knows what kind of smokin' deals one can make on leftover GTO's, Mustang GT's, or RX-8s by this time NEXT year.....
  • Options
    I can't disagree with anything you state.

The downside to the GTO are "spongy" brakes and a long, rubbery shifter. It does feel "heavy" when compared to the Mustang, too. The styling is a subjective thing. I think the '05 GTO looks much better than the '04. But, the '04 was such a "bland" looking car to begin with, I'm not sure it really matters.

The 2 things that I can't get out of my head are the way comfy and supportive seats (both front and back) and the growl the LS2 engine emits. Of course, the Mustang has it's own "growl" that's great, too. Plus, it has a way more useable trunk.

The price differential between the Mustang and the '05 GTO is substantial (to the tune of about $4k-$5K). That also enters into the equation. The GTO would be more pallatable if it were more closely priced to the Mustang GT.

If I didn't have to make a move fairly quickly, I'd probably hold out by ordering the Mustang. But, given my time constraints, I may get another RX8 or take a chance that I can live with a very nice GTO.
  • Options
    xkssxkss Member Posts: 722
    I think both are nice. I've sat in both a 2005 Mustang with cloth and a 2005 Mustang with leather. The leather felt durable while the cloth felt even more durable and had "Mustang" stitched all over the seats.
  • Options
    badbatterybadbattery Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone heard of a battery problem with the Mustang GT 2005? I bought one for my husband as a surprise Christmas gift and it's been at the Ford service center 3 times now because the battery dies if it is not driven every 3 days or so. First time they said it was a bad battery, 2nd time they had the car for 2 weeks and determined, with the help of FORD in Detroit, it was a bad amplifier that was draining it. The car goes into a 'sleep' mode after it has been shut off for 40 mins. but something drains the battery.

Any info on this would really be appreciated! We both love the car, the stereo rocks, it's comfortable, it is SO much fun to drive. I'm 5'2'' and dont have a problem with visiblity and our kids (10 and 12) are comfortable in the back.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Well....if a new battery isn't solving the problem, it's something else. There's a short somewhere. No automotive battery should drain after 3 days of sitting.

Sometimes dealers are loath to correctly diagnose electrical issues because there are so many varialbes and so many drain devices in modern cars that they can be akin to finding a needle in a haystack.

The good news is, rarely do volume models (which the Mustang is) have electrical "gremlins". It just so happens yours does. While it's a pain, the more you take it back to the dealership, they will be able to rule certain things out as the cause and focus on what is the problem.

My gut tells me it's something simple but hard to find.
  • Options
    tayllortayllor Member Posts: 4
    I'm responding to this message which I found on the 2004 Mustang forum.

--------------------------------------
    #1555 of 1637 2005 Mustang V 6 Gas problems by sportscardkid Jan 24, 2005 (5:56 pm)

"I recently purchased a 05 mustang. not only am i getting bad mileage, 13 miles to the gallon, but am having problems putting gas in. As i pump, or let it do it on auto, it stops like the tank is full. However, it is not full. It usually pumps 5 gallons and then stops. Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem.
    Thanks"
    --------------------------------------

I have a 2005 Mustang V-6 (automatic) and I am having the same problem as you with filling the tank. I have to hold the gas pump at a certain angle and keep adjusting the angle every time it shuts off in order for it to continue filling. I thought it was just me but I've had other people gas up my car with the same results. Anyone else out there with this problem? If so, have you been able to resolve it?

As far as gas mileage - I'm getting about 20 mpg. Maybe your mpg is not accurate because the tank wasn't actually full when you figured it out. I usually have to turn the key to accessory and check the gauge inside the car to see when it's full since the gas pump just continually shuts off every couple of gallons.
  • Options
    While I don't consider this a major issue, Ford has issued a TSB. Check with your dealer for resolotion.
  • Options
    jeffbogjeffbog Member Posts: 63
    I am looking at a GT premium 5-speed. All the dealers I have contacted are willing to place an order, but for MSRP. Has anyone been able to get a better deal? I've driven the car and it is awesome, but I am having a hard time with the fact that no one is willing to take any money off the sticker price. Any replies would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    You have two choices....go on line to mustangforums, the mustangsource or stangnet. That should give you a good idea of the dealers who will offer discounts.

Personally, two of the dealers in my area were offering my "X" plan, but that was only on an ordered car. IF you find one, then the rest usually follow suit.

Mine is locked in to be built the week after next. My hope is that it will be delivered by the end of MArch, first of April.

Good luck!
  • Options
    jae5jae5 Member Posts: 1,206
    Graphic,

I see you ordered the Mustang. Better not let the GTO buys/gals hear about it, (ha, ha). You might be banned for life from that group. ;}

What made you go ahead and get the Mustang over the other, was it price/trunk space? Or more?

Found the same thing on the "X"-plan with a company I used to work for. You either had to take a car with a specific option package or could only use it for an ordered car. One year, the plan was only good on plain-jane, base models, not offered on a vehicle you really wanted. For example, I could have used it for a regular F-150, but not a Lightning. Not sure if it was the employer, Ford or both that cooked that one up.

I'm kind of on the fence of getting a Mustang. Kind of waiting for the aftermarket to catch up with springs (car looks better a little lower, like the racers I saw on Saturday, who BTW won 1-2 in the GT event), exhaust, wheels, you know, the basics. Plus I want to see if there will be any Mach, CS, or dare I hope and pray Shelby-like or Boss models intro'd in the next model year or so. Not really going to include the Cobra.
  • Options
    akirbyakirby Member Posts: 8,062
    Some models are not eligible for X plan but outside of that it's up to the dealer whether they want to accept X plan on a particular vehicle. I'd say that was a dealer issue.
  • Options
    I've agonized over the GTO vs Mustang decision. Bottom line, the Mustang is greater than the sum of its parts.

The GTO, on the other hand, is less than the sum of its parts in my estimation.

There were several things that made me choose the Mustang over the GTO.

--no matter what amyones says, the performance is pretty much equal between the GTO and The Mustang GT. I just read another article just today that stated the Mustang GT turned a 4.9 sec 0-60, which was exactly the same as the '05 GTO's time.

Mustang's trunk is indeed bigger.

The Mustang is much lighter on its feet than the GTO.

I do like the interior of both and both ride well. The Mustang is more easily controled than the GTO.

Styling is subjective, but I like the Mustang look much better.

Then, there's the matter of price. In real world pricing, there's about a $4,500 difference between a GTO (costing more) over a Muatang GT similarly equipped.

All of this made the Mustang GT fairly compelling compared to the competion, regardless what it is.
  • Options
    bmacdonaldbmacdonald Member Posts: 2
    I am going to order a new convertible, but don't like the wheel choices. There is only the 5 spoke painted wheel or the polished aluminum upgrade. But when I look at pictures posted on the net, there are some great wheels which appear to be stock. For example, the wheels on the red mustang at Mustangheaven.com appear to be a chrome version of the five spoke and I think they look great. Does anybody know if those wheels are available?
  • Options
    baggs32baggs32 Member Posts: 3,229
    They will be available for MY '06 and on. Ford ran into supplier problems with those 18" "fan blades" you are talking about and couldn't make them available for MY '05. Production for the '06 Mustant begins on August 8th if you want to wait.
  • Options
    We had actually received a list of vehicles that were/weren't available. This didn't come from a dealer, but from the Ford reps of the plan at the time. The dealers didn't have anything to do with the list due to us being able to go to any dealer we wanted. But you are correct somewhat, the dealer does have a say in the what they're willing to do. But I've also been to Ford dealers and just told them of the X-plan and I got the pricing. But in every instance I haggled a better deal than if I'd just used the X-plan.
  • Options
    --no matter what amyones says, the performance is pretty much equal between the GTO and The Mustang GT.

True. They are pretty much matched-up. but many think that just because it has 400hp it's automatically faster. Kind of like every Chevy 350 makes 350hp.

Then, there's the matter of price. In real world pricing, there's about a $4,500 difference between a GTO (costing more) over a Mustang GT similarly equipped.

That's a lot of chedda in difference. Plus don't forget the gas guzzler tax of $1300 for the auto. But if you get the stick, you avoid the tax but you're hit for $695. So you "save" $605. And I like the fact that the Ford runs on regular, the GTO has to use premium. I'm sure you could run regular with too much trouble, but performance will suffer and what's the point of having a "performance" car that can't perform?

I agree on every other point as well. I just think overall the Mustang has soul, the Poncho just doesn't. Good car, but it just doesn't have "it". Another thing I like is that the Mustang is optionable. Meaning, you can get more than one version whereas the Pontiac is take it as is.
  • Options
    True, but you also have to beware of the added fees (like documentation fees) that you normally pay that are not allowed under the X plan price. If you got X plan price off the invoice and only added tax, tag and title and you got all the rebates and incentives then you probably did get a great deal.

But if you paid X plan price plus $400 documentation fee then you're $400 in the hole. Most people forget about that.
  • Options
    carprof1carprof1 Member Posts: 5
    I have a V6 that sat for about 6 days and the battery was completely drained. The Ford dealer could not find anything wrong. They said it was because it was a new car and sat too long. Hmmm
    Sounds unlikely to me so I will keep a close eye on it.
    I'm turning in a lease car next week so there won't be any more problems with it sitting for days at a time. It's a great car. I never fail to have someone ask me about it where ever I go. I'm looking forward to many happy years - if there are no further problems with the battery.
  • Options
    The beauty of X plan is the dealer's not allowed to charge those stupid fees. It's pretty strict, what they can and can not charge for under
    X plan.

The dealer can charge for dealer installed options, but not "extra conditioning" (which rules out those bogus addendum stickers with fancy wax that they try to charge outrageous amounts for.

No special "handling fees" or "market adjustment" fees are allowed either.
  • Options
    bmacdonaldbmacdonald Member Posts: 2
    Do you think there's any chance that a Ford dealeer would allow me to trade up when they are available. They look a lot better to me.
  • Options
    That's up to the dealer regarding trading the wheels. I'm sure, for a price, anything is possible. Personally, I like the "bullitt" wheels that come standard on the GT.
  • Options
    tpkentpken Member Posts: 1,108
    Finally after 5 mos of delays for IUP and manual tranny, I picked up my 05 V6 Premium on Monday night. It's Windveil Blue with charcoal cloth, 5 spd manual tranny, antilocks & TC, side airbags, spoiler and white stripe and full IUP with Mycolor. Now if the weather would just break and let up from the snow I can actually start driving it regularly!
  • Options
    Congrats....that's a pretty color.

I've got a redfire GT Premium on order with IUP, ICAP, active anti-theft and side airbags. Acoording to my dealer, it's scheduled to be built the 3rd week of March. Don't know if that means next week or the week after.

My sincere hope is that it will be delivered to the dealer the last week of March. That would make it exactly 6-7 weeks from the date of order.

I'm looking forward to it. I bought under X plan. From what I'm hearing from other people who have ordered and other dealers, Ford has the entire build out of the '05 Mustang just about sold out on the dealer level. If my order runs into problems (or the dealer tries to sell mine to a walk-in retail customer (not totally unheard of), then I either have to wait and order an '06, or take my chances on finding a GT in dealer's stock (next to impossible around my 'burg).

Plan "B" will be to get a GTO (which GM is rebating) since there are plenty of those around, or get another RX8 (which is plentiful).
  • Options
    tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    graphicguy, can you tell us where you read about a Mustang GT hitting 60MPH in 4.9 seconds? I'd be very interested in reading that article.
  • Options
    leftywaynleftywayn Member Posts: 15
    April issue of Road and Track,page 57

"With clean wheelspin invoking not the slightest bit of axle tramp, the GT reaches 60 in just 4.9 sec.- with a healthy chirp on the 1-2 shift- and charges through the quarter mile in 13.5, both times an eye-popping 0.4 sec. quicker than our original road test car's"
  • Options
    Yes, Road & Track is where I read that, too. Actually, I've seen even better 1/4 numbers from another source (but can't remember where). The best 1/4 I've seen is about 13.3s.

That puts it within a hair of the '05 GTO, which has 100 more HP. Pretty impressive.

I just saw the aluminum dash (IUP)). I thought I had liked the "minimalist look" of the standard dash. The aluminum dash looks quite stunning on the Mustang.

Hope (fingers crossed) I'll have mine in the driveway (with IUP) fresh from the factory within the next 2-3 weeks.
  • Options
    harleymanharleyman Member Posts: 1
    HI JEFF. JUST PURCHASED GT PREMIUM LAST SAT. AT HEMBROG FORD IN NORCO CA. FROM FLEET DEPT. FOR 26145.00 RSRP WAS 28200.00 WAS TOLD THAT WAS 100.00 OVER INVOICE.I WAS LOOKING AT GETTING A DODGE MAGNUM WITH THE HEMI BUT WHEN I WENT AND LOOKED AT AND DROVE THE MUSTANG WITH 5 SPEED I WAS SOLD AND TO GET WHAT I FELT A GREAT PRICE PURCHASED ON THE SPOT. I REFUELED TODAY AND AVG. 17.80 FIRST TANK IN ALL COND. OF DRIVING. IN SHORT IAM HAVING A GREAT TIME AND FORD DID A GREAT JOB IN THE MAKING OF THIS CAR. HOPE THIS HELPS MIKE
  • Options
    I just recently considered other alternatives for my Mustang. While I hadn't considered the Chrysler/Dodge offerings, I did get a chance to drive both a Magnum and a 300C. Only thing I can say is...."great job Chrysler. Both are really nice pieces. Very well executed and "fast as stink".

Still, the Mustang GT still tops my list.

I'm seeing a big jump in the quality of recently designed vehicles from Ford (with the Mustang) and Chrysler (with the 300 and Magnum).

While GM makes good cars, the Mustang and the Mopar vehicles seem to be a step ahead recently. Personally, I think the Chrysler and Ford recent introductions give away nothing to Honda and Toyota regarding build quality or quality of materials.
  • Options
    liveoakieliveoakie Member Posts: 17
    I orderd my GT a month ago yesterday and its still gonna be 4 to 6 wks. That sucks!!!!Why does it take so long? Must be those union workers!!
  • Options
    Nope....Mustang GT's are just way oversold. Union workers are doing a fine job. The guy I got my X plan PIN from works as a union worker for Ford. He's working 7/10 hour days/week to keep up with demand.

Right now, there are more orders for GTs than there is plant capacity to build them. According to my Ford plant worker friend, they are backlogged to the tune of 65,000 Mustangs (all models).

A lot of it also depends on the allotment your dealer has for Mustang GTs. The most GTs even the large dealerships are getting range from 3-10/mo (depending again, on their allotment).

It sounds like your dealer's allotment is spoken for from the factory for the next 2 months. That's the reason yours is taking so long to be built.

Lots of specualation abounds that if you order now, you may have to wait for the '06 model year to get your car.

I ordered mine 5 weeks ago and my dealer says the order was pulled by the factory on 2/24 to be built either the week of 3/14 or 3/21. I'm hoping to have it delivered by the last week of March, first week of April. That's about 8 weeks for delivery from the date of my order. But, I checked to see what my dealer's allotment was before I ordered. My dealer got 3 GTs last week (which are now all sold). He expects another 3-4 for dealer stock and two special orders (mine being one of them) to be delivered in a couple of weeks and says mine should be in that batch.
  • Options
    liveoakieliveoakie Member Posts: 17
    I was just kidding about union workers. Im a union sheet meatal worker local 162 out of SAC. I meant to say j/k in my post but forgot. I now the stereotype ofl union workers, but I bust my a@# for my boss, and I get paed well for it. Thanks for the reply. J
  • Options
    Well, my dealer just called me and said my Mustang GT has a VIN #. It's going into production next week. My hope (since I'm carless, right now) is that it gets here by the end of the month.

Ordered on 2/6...

--Redfire metalic premium GT 5-speed manual
    -Side airbags
    -bullitt wheels
    -Shaker stereo
    -red and grey interior (ICAP)
    -Interior Upgrade Package (aluminum accents with "my color" dash)

Just in time for Spring.....
  • Options
    jaymiejaymie Member Posts: 1
    I was wondering what are you talking about buying a mustang under the X plan??

I am in the market for a V6 Premium Convertable.
  • Options
    Ford offers their employees 4 "PIN" numbers per year to hand out to family and/or friends to buy Ford (or Volvo, Jaguar, Mazda) products at a substantial discount. For Ford products, it's called an "X" plan. Pricing is near invoice (sometimes a little below, sometimes a little above...mine was about $100 below invoice).

I happen to have a friend who is a Ford employee who gave me one of his X plan pin numbers.

It's not mandatory for any dealer to accept this pin for X plan pricing, but if they do, there is no negotiation. The price is great and the dealer will show you the price if they agree to sell at the X plan price.

On the Mustang, it's not been easy to find a dealer to honor X plan, but I, indeed, found one. I couldn't buy any of his on the lot stock, but he was willing to factory order one for me.

GT's and convertibles are way oversold. Many dealers are already taking orders for '06s. Plus, many are saying that Ford won't be able to deliver all the '05s that they have on order....from individuals or dealers.

So, based on all of that, if you find one you like at a dealership, and are able to strike a good deal, buy it. You might not get another chance.

The good news for you is that you're interested in a V6, which isn't as popular as the GTs. But, it's a convertible you want and those are in short supply, too.
  • Options
    X plan is also available to Ford suppliers and partners. I get one as a work benefit. The best part is the dealer is not allowed to add ANY fees whatsoever (not even the infamous "Documentation" fee, otherwise known as additional dealer profit) so it's tough to beat. The price is printed on the invoice and comes from the factory.

I have a Focus ZX3 on order for my son using X plan. Worked out about $500 cheaper than regular price.
  • Options
    ffredericksonffrederickson Member Posts: 1
    Hello all I am new to this forum.
    I want to say hello and happy to be here
  • Options
    Welcome....I'll assume you've either got an '05 Mustang or have one on order?

akirby....although, Ford X plan does not allow "bogus fees" and "extra conditioning" (i.e. fancy $1,000 wax), you'd be surprised what I've seen from some of the dealers. The car is in such demand, that some of the dealers I've visited flaunt it regularly, unless you hold their feet to the fire.

While my dealer allowed X plan on my ordered Mustang, they are notorious for the dreaded "addendum sticker". I'm quite aware of X plan rules. If they try to add something like that to my order when it comes in to try to "bump" more money out of me, I thoroughly plan on contacting Ford customer service. Allegedly, if a dealer agrees to X plan and tries to add fees or addendum stickers, all the dealers commission is revoked on the sale by Ford.
  • Options
    litt10litt10 Member Posts: 6
    I just found out from a dealer here in New Jersey
    that Ford is not taking any more orders for 2005 Mustang Gt's Has anyone heard about this?
  • Options
    bamabmbamabm Member Posts: 3
    Ordered my GT last December & when i call the dealer they tell me factory hasn't even accepted the order yet. Is this possible?? I ordered torch red With interior upgrade,shaker 1000,red interior,5 speed manual. I figured I would have it by spring but now I wonder. Daughter was going to take it to prom. I've heard they were having problems with the red leather & 5 speed.
  • Options
    thunderbirdthunderbird Member Posts: 26
    I too am having trouble filling the gas tank. Some pumps it's fine, other no good. I am having a new tank put in tomorrow at the dealer. Will post and let you know if the problem is corrected. P.S. I am getting a "clunk" sound when I put the car in reverse. Anybody getting the sound too?
  • Options
    All kinds of stuff flying around about the Mustang production. While the Mustang has sold way better than Ford anticipated, and as such, they just announced they were upping production from 150,000 to about 180,000 units for MY '05.

Don't know if that will make up the shortfall between orders vs demand. Last I heard from a Ford employee friend was Ford has 65,000 more orders for the car than they had capacity to produce.

More likely, dealers have been remiss in not being up-front with customers. Some dealers forego a customer ordered vehicle to use their allotment for in-stock cars so they can sell them at a higher price (sometimes over MSRP sticker).

Those dealers who took orders early ('04) agreed to order based on the fact that they didn't know whether the new Mustang would sell. Once demand ramped up, the dealer kept moving their priority for ordered cars further and further down their priority list so them could use that allotment for "stock" cars that they could sell off the lot.

A couple of dealers around southern OH have told me their allotment for '05s (especially GTs and convertibles) is all sold out. They are taking orders for '06s only.

That said, there are some dealers who do have '05 allotment left. You just have to find out who they are in your area. Best thing to do is to call around and ask..

barnabm....if I were in your shoes, I'd cancel my order and look for a dealer who has allotment left and order one from them. If they haven't even accepted your Dec order yet, that means they have been putting other orders (probably in-stock units) ahead of yours for 3-4 months. Not a good dealer practice, IMHO.

I've had that same "klunk" sound in all high performance cars with a manual transmission. Everyone I've spoken to tells me it's normal for big HP/big torque cars.
  • Options
    Ford has added overtime to help meet demand.
  • Options
    tayl0rdtayl0rd Member Posts: 1,926
    Ordered my GT last December... Daughter was going to take it to prom. ...

Wow! You're just begging for some "chastity" to be lost, if not worse. Prom + not yet mature teenagers + hot cars = underage drinking, speeding, street racing, some other "adult" activities, and a whole lot of other troubles I'm sure you don't want to have happen as a result.

Sending your daughter to the prom in a BRIGHT RED, MUSTANG GT is a plain bad idea on several levels.
  • Options
    Only way I'd do that is if I was driving it (both ways).
  • Options
    baggs32baggs32 Member Posts: 3,229
    The last day AAI will accept orders for MY05 Mustangs is June 24th. MY06 production begins on August 8th.
  • Options
    bamabmbamabm Member Posts: 3
    I guess it depends on how well you know your kids or not. My daughter happens to be a very responsible young adult. She don't drink or do drugs, carries a 4.0 grade average & is a DARE model for the school. Please don't think this is just her father saying this as I'm told my teachers & principals at school the same.I would never put my kids in danger, If I did I wouldn't be much of a parent now would I?