Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2005-2007 Toyota Avalon

Comments

• Options
    tstrick320tstrick320 Member Posts: 64
    Thanks for the report! The 07 Camry has been getting such good press that I was beginning to wonder if maybe I'd pulled the trigger too soon with my 06 Avalon Limited. I'm 6'3" and my son is 6'6" so those few extra inches in the Avalon are critical for us.

All in all, I'm still thrilled with my Avalon.

Tom
  • Options
    tjc78tjc78 Member Posts: 15,927
    IMO the main reason to get the Avalon is for the extra room. It is a pretty big difference inside. I love my '06 XLS and couldn't see myself driving anything else in the same price range. After 2200 miles the only thing I can say is that the Bridgestone tires are a little noisy (should have picked out one with the Michelin's)and the trans is a little quirky. I don't have any hesitation but at low speeds it can't always make up it's "mind" on what gear to be in. I can easily live with that, I just had an '06 Grand Prix as a rental while on business and it shifts so harsh that I couldn't wait to get back in my Av.

2023 Mercedes EQE 350 4Matic / 2022 Ram 1500 Bighorn, Built to Serve

• Options
    wwestwwest Member Posts: 10,706
    Many of the newer FWD traction control systems will not allow moderate acceleration while turning, safety factor. The tighter the turn the heavier will be the level of "moderation" (engine dethrottling and/or reluctance to downshift) will be used to prevent front wheelspin/slip.
  • Options
    wrx03manwrx03man Member Posts: 5
    I couldn't agree more, the interior room of this car is why there isn't a new Camry or Acura TL in my driveway. Like many of you I haven't experience the hesitation (or any problems for that matter) in my '05 XLS. My car had Bridgestones on it and I asked the dealer to swap them w/ the Michelins on an '06 that was on the lot.....things they'll do to move an '05!!! :)

I've seen some posts on aftermarket back up sensors and body side molding. Can some of you guys that have had success putting these on post some pics? I'm particularly interested in the body side moldings (where to get, were they easy to put on, have they been effective, etc.)

This is the first message board I've participated in or followed, there is a ton of good info here.

Thanks!
  • Options
    captain2captain2 Member Posts: 3,971
    The Avalon also has had more than its share of favorable reviews - winning comparison test after comparison test vs. Optimas, Azeras, LaCrosses, Maximas, Passats, 300s, and 500s to name a few. These were auto mag. tests so they naturally gravitated towards the 'sports' Touring model. Not to mention CR that rated it the best sedan they had ever tested (along with the TL) a group that included BMWs and MBs that are not even close to the same dollars. And as an owner of an 05 Touring for 14 months now, I can understand why.
    My 6'5" 270 lb. son has the Avalon on the top of his list, he loves the power, of course, the economy, and most of all it is one of the few sedans he can comfortably fit into. The Avalon not just an 'old folks' car anymore!
  • Options
    smith1smith1 Member Posts: 283
    I have to also say I wasn't overly impressed with the fit and finish of the Camry's interior. I noticed more fit gaps than I expect from Toyota e.g. between the air vents and the surrounding dash, on the door grab handles, around the glovebox, etc. Gripes about balky control covers on the Avalon notwithstanding, I think even the XL is a noticeable step above the Camry in interior quality.
  • Options
    niteoneniteone Member Posts: 41
    for those with Stability Control which I have...

http://www.cnn.com/2006/AUTOS/06/09/iihs_esc/index.html
  • Options
    indyresindyres Member Posts: 6
    I purchased the side moldings from my dealer and had their service department install them. I believe it was $143 for the moldings and about $85 to have them installed. The color matches perfectly. I don't really know how well they work as we always try to park away from everyone. I know they won't stop every inconsiderate person who parks close and then swings the door wide open, but I am sure they will help. I have posted a link to some pictures.

I had the paint protection film applied by a local tint shop. I would take a picture, but it is almost invisible. The bugs sure clean off a lot easier.

For the people interested in fuel economy, we just took a trip of about 300 miles and I averaged 31.7 mpg. It was probably 85 percent Interstate driving at 70 mph using cruise. Needless to say, I am quite pleased with that. The car has 2800 miles on it, so it isn't totally broke in yet.

06 Side Moldings
  • Options
    neil5neil5 Member Posts: 118
    Drove 07 Camry all day..nice but no Avalon for sure. A little tigher feel, much more road noise, poor radio, A/C weaker, Smaller, electronics far less than my Limited. No comparison
  • Options
    hsakuragihsakuragi Member Posts: 12
  • Options
    05avforum05avforum Member Posts: 25
    I had to remove my glove box, actually just drop it down by removing one screw and squeezing on both sides to release the tension on the pivot. In doing so, a part fell off and I can't find where it goes. The part appears to be a plastic piston that is used so the glove box opens slowly and doesn't just drop when you open it. Does anyone know how where this part goes and how to reinstall it? Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    pcc49pcc49 Member Posts: 25
    Does anyone know the location of the Dip stick for checking transmission fluid level on the '06 Avalon? I have a feeling "it does not exist! I checked the owner's manual but could not find any reference to checking transmission fluid level!
  • Options
  • Options
    currycurry Member Posts: 22
    That piston like thing attaches to the right side of the glove box where you took out the one screw.
  • Options
    Just had camry 2007 for 2 days while having my Av. gone over (tsb Foglamps). The Av is so much more...Glad it is back
  • Options
    wrx03manwrx03man Member Posts: 5
    Gentlemen,

Thanks for all the feedback, I will definitely be investing in the body side moldings and mud guards. The pics that were posted were great! I appreciate the advice.

A little to add... I'm 6'6" and fit terrific in this car, typically cars with moonroofs I don't have the headroom for. The Av was a pleasant surprise. I also do a ton of driving and have been averaging 31mpg on 87 octane.

Thanks again..
  • Options
    paul_ppaul_p Member Posts: 271
    Hello All,

I started preparation to rotate my own tires last weekend, but ran out of time. Anyway, I found my "bottom of the line" XL's spare has a full-size tire and extra aluminum wheel!

I still cannot believe it, this is the old quality that used to be put into Mercedes-Benz vehicles. I say "used to" because when new, my 1995 MB C220 came with full size spare and rim, and when new my 2000 MB C230 did not. Way to go Toyota! At last one manufacturer out there still believes in doing the right thing.

So this weekend I plan to rotate the 5 tires per directions in the owner's manual. Can anyone share any tips/tricks as to jacking points, caveats, etc.?

Thanks in advance,
    - Paul
  • Options
    confused8confused8 Member Posts: 1
    I know this is off topic a lil but i am very confused, I am 21 and am about to buy a new car. I love the look, feel, and drive of the Avalon but all my friends keep saying it's an old mans car. I know i am not supposed to care but opinons matters to me. What do you guy's think? Avalons are usally associated with older more mature adults, not for younger adult's.
  • Options
    I am 27 and on Avalon #2. The older style may be a bit of a mature persons car, but the 05/06's are a completely different animal, especially the Touring model. Plus, you can have some fun in it, probably one the best "sleeper" cars on the road. No one expects how powerful it is. You'll have no trouble keeping up with almost anything. Handling is a bit soft in my XLS but I never feel like it isn't capable. If you are worried about the "stigma" of the Avalon, consider an 07 Camry SE V6. You'll have the same engine in a slightly sportier package. The interior is a good bit smaller though.

• Options
    That general "feeling" might be the result of the fact that the Avalon is FWD, which, generally, means "sedate" driving ONLY.

Many modern day FWD vehicles have more that enough power to quickly develop wheelspin/slip on the front, driven, wheels.

That FWD HP/Torque can quickly develop into a very DANGEROUS driving circumstance even on a good, high traction, surface.

The potential for complete loss of directional control, especially on a slightly slippery surface, is dramatically higher that a RWD counterpart.

As a result many of the newer FWD models are equipped with a traction control system that proactively prevents the engine from developing high levels of torque in the lower gear ratios.

Bottom line is that RWD is not only a sportier platform for spirited driving it is also a whole lot safer overall.

Unless you wish to comform and drive sedately.
  • Options
    bluesman3bluesman3 Member Posts: 202
    "I know this is off topic a lil but i am very confused, I am 21 and am about to buy a new car. I love the look, feel, and drive of the Avalon but all my friends keep saying it's an old mans car. I know i am not supposed to care but opinons matters to me. What do you guy's think? Avalons are usally associated with older more mature adults, not for younger adult's."

They quit building the Bonneville so what's a younger guy to do? Impalas are crap and so are 500s. Who else makes an affordable full sized car with all the features of the Avalon? The closest animal is the Azera, other than that no one does...

Tint the windows, slap on some aftermarket wheels and put in a kick'n stereo, then see what your friends think... ;) Be a leader, not a lemming.
  • Options
    hsakuragihsakuragi Member Posts: 12
    search my post few pages earlier, show them to ur friend
  • Options
    If you are 21 and can afford to consider things like Avalons you ought to be damn proud of yourself and less concerned about what other people think.
    The '04 and earlier Avalons were very, very good cars designed to compete with softer more conservative rides - widely considered to be the 'Japanese Buick'. 05 changed all that with some more contemporary styling and an engine that literally puts the Avalon second to none. You may find the 'tighter' Touring trim more to your liking, but any Avalon will provide a little softer, quieter, and more comfortable ride than some of the other good cars with similar power (and price category) e.g. the Accord V6/TL, Altima V6/Maxima, 07 Camry V6, and possibly even the Azera if you really have a preference for 'soft' and plan on keeping the car for a long time. There are a number of fine choices out there.
    I am more than twice your age and have a son that is your age who will be purchasing an Avalon as well. He is a big guy, needs the room and absolutely loves to 'play' with my car. Not for 'old folks' anymore - by a long shot - and all your friends would have to do to understand that - drive one!
  • Options
    havalongavalonhavalongavalon Member Posts: 460
    Hi wwest,

I believe that you don't own an Avalon. Your frequent comments can have general utility, but they also reflect that you are not familar with how the Avalon drives. Have you actually ever driven a new Avalon?

Generally speaking, FWD and RWD both have strong points and weaknesses that have been heavily discussed, also in this forum. To be fair, both FWD and RWD cars have clear performance limits and both can be easily pushed beyond their limits by inexperienced or careless drivers. I believe that your comments on FWD are not fair, and they certainly don't apply in particular to the new Avalon.

That general "feeling" might be the result of the fact that the Avalon is FWD, which, generally, means "sedate" driving ONLY. Is that so? Do you really expect agreement from the tons of enthusiastic drivers of Mini BMWs and souped-up Acura and Honda coupes, for example? Or Acura TL drivers? Or a number of Avalon owners who have regularly posted here and elsewhere?

The potential for complete loss of directional control, especially on a slightly slippery surface, is dramatically higher that a RWD counterpart. I completely disagree. There is nothing more pathetic and dangerous than the total loss of control commonly experienced when driving, say, a RWD BMW 540i with a little bit of fresh snow on a sloped road. The superior traction provided by FWD on a slightly slippery surface cannot be compared to the total loss of traction, slipping and sideways sliding that RWD tends to cause.

Many modern day FWD vehicles have more that enough power to quickly develop wheelspin/slip on the front, driven, wheels. As a result many of the newer FWD models are equipped with a traction control system that proactively prevents the engine from developing high levels of torque in the lower gear ratios. Yes, Traction Control deals nicely with impending wheelspin and allows the Avalon to move fast and safely forward. And as you know, the same technology is available (and necessary) to prevent wheelspin in powerful RWD cars.

Bottom line is that RWD is not only a sportier platform for spirited driving it is also a whole lot safer overall. Not so; not always sportier. And no; not at all safer overall.

Bottom line to you: why don't you test-drive an Avalon, and let us know? Make it a Touring, if you prefer. You will be surprised to find that the Avalon's performance is far superior to what you expected. You will be surprised to find none of the torque steer that can affect other FWD cars with strong engines, such as the TL. Maybe you will decide that your tall, short wheel-base AWD 2001 Lexus RX 300 is no longer the best of the best when it comes to performance for a vehicle of its weight. And maybe, surprise of surprises, you'll even consider trading it in... for an Avalon. The fact that you are a frequent visitor to this forum indicates that you are at least considering it. Go ahead, give it a test drive!

havalongavalon
  • Options
    wwest - your RWD bias is well documented and to a large degree correct from a vehicle dynamics point of view. But given a $30K or so budget what would you buy - the 'superior' natural balance of the Chrysler 300/Charger in an otherwise garbage car or a superior car in something like an Avalon/TL and many others. In that particular price and vehicle type category there are no other choices (except for the G35). There is a very large segment of the car buying public that can't justify (or afford) double that money for an LS/GS or a 530/7 or an E/S and wouldn't understand the piles of money it takes to keep most of them on the road. I figure that my Avalon is about 85% of the car that the LS is - at about half the price. And just have to snicker a little when I hear stories about electronic gremlins, and $2000.00 'scheduled' service visits on those wonderful driving machines made in Germany.
    Would contend to you that at least 90% of the drivers out there (in a blind test) could not actually tell you if the drive wheels are in the front or rear - therefore not driving anywhere close to the handling limits that any car is capable of.
  • Options
    tzuppetzuppe Member Posts: 13
    I am paying off my house and selling my toys. I have a mica sand 2006 limited with all options except NAV and laser cruise. It has 21,000 mi. and has creme interior with birdseye light colored trim. What would be a fair price to sell it for??
  • Options
    RIGHT..!!

And that's exactly why so many FWD drivers get in trouble when reacting naturally, instinctively, to out-of-sorts conditions.

And my next purchase is very likely to be an RDX, dynamically allocates engine leading or lagging torque front and or/rear as a function of overall circumstances.
  • Options
    mthomas1mthomas1 Member Posts: 4
    Had my 2006 not quite a year. These are the problems I have had so far: Replacement of rack & pinion Steering, replace lower part of steering column, horn quit working- part replaced, cat converter replaced. I still have the knocking in steering so Toyota service has ordered the updated steering column for that problem. Yesterday when getting on the interstate, I "gunned" the car and smelled the horrible rotten egg again. Someone in the car pool said--I smell someones Cat. Converter. So guess now that needs replacing again?? Any updated TBS on the converter. note: I had 95 Avalon for 5 yrs. 2000 Av for 5 years and never a problem. Do I have a "lemon"? Also need address for Toyota Complaint Dept. the big wigs.
  • Options
    mthomas1mthomas1 Member Posts: 4
    This is to add to my recent message 12668 about the problems with my Avalon. I also had to have the front grill replaced about 2 months after I bought the car because the silver was pealing from the grill. And I have had the hestation problem- feels and sounds like a huge surge that my passengers feel, also.
  • Options
    beeman4ubeeman4u Member Posts: 34
    Gladiator welcome back. I am considering purchasing the Sylvania lights as a "father's day gift" I'm checking the forum to see what others might be saying. The Silverstars 9006st are the brightest and are very white however based on my researched, I've learned the light life expectancy is very short in comparision to the xtravision which is half the cost at MSRP $25.00. My first try will be the xtravisions 9006xv and I will post the outcome later. On a separate note, the parts dealer at Toyota insisted the 06 Avalon had HID lights. He pulled up his computer and pointed to part numbers etc.. I told him, listen just take a trip to my car.... he refused. I'm not sure if some late model 06's came with HID. I bought my 06 vehicle in September of 2005
  • Options
    vwcrushervwcrusher Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for the promotion code! I just bought a new scion and the dealer didn't know anything about the code. Have a nice day!
  • Options
    bluesman3bluesman3 Member Posts: 202
    HID lamps are standard on Touring and Limited only, 05-06 models. XL & XLS are halogen lamps.
  • Options
    gladiator99gladiator99 Member Posts: 104
    Hi beeman4u.
    Yes, as I remember the Silverstars 9006ST were the brightest but yes they have a shorter life than the standard halogen bulbs. The 9006XV would be another choice and these are 20% brighter than the standard halogen and should have a longer lifespan than the ST bulbs.
    HID lights were standard only on the Touring and LTD models in the US. In Canada HID lights were standard only on the Touring model. We don't see the LTD model here in Canada.
    The 9006ST and the 9006XV are the low beam bulbs. The 9005 ST or the 9005 CB (cool blue) are the high beam bulbs.
    I have not as yet changed my headlights. I spent most of my mad money on other things, however I did purchase a nav system for the Avalon and our 02 Thunderbird. I decided on the Garmin Nuvi 350 model which is compact and has a lot of features. If you are interested in one of these gadgets I can provide you with a great review. Please let us know how you like the Silverstar bulbs if you change yours.
    Take care!
    gladiator99
  • Options
    just__mejust__me Member Posts: 508
    You can keep the Mercedes and BMW's.I will keep My 2005 Avalon XLS, no problems, and 22,000 plus miles.June 16, 2006

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - The owner of a Los Angeles car dealership is suing Mercedes-Benz, its parent company DaimlerChrysler and other affiliates, alleging that a $1.7 million car purchased in 2004 wouldn't run for more than 10 blocks without problems.

The car, a Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK-GTR Limited Edition Roadster, was supposed to be one of only five made. In the lawsuit, the owner of exotic car dealership Grand Prix Motors also alleges that six were actually made, reducing the value of his car.

A two-door sports car, the CLK-GTR has a carbon fiber body and a 6.9-liter 12-cylinder engine enabling it to go from zero to 124 mph in 9.9 seconds. It has a top speed of 198.4 mph. According to the dealership's Web site, the car's intended retail selling price was $2.5 million.

The car is believed to be the only one of its kind in the U.S., said plaintiff Mark Johnston. It is intended to be a street car but, because of differences in safety and emissions rules between the U.S. and Europe, it cannot legally be driven on public roads here.

"Unfortunately, the car turned out to be 'exotic' in the worst possible way," dealership owner Johnston said. "When we took it off the lot in 2004 for its first customer test drive, [dealership co-owner Ernest Johnston] drove the car all of 10 blocks with a prospective buyer when the oil light came on. We've been trying to get it fixed ever since, but the Mercedes folks have refused to stand behind the car as promised in our contract."

Additionally, according to Johnston, the car's transmission failed to shift properly, the hydraulic jack system failed and the car's windows came unglued. Mercedes ultimately determined that the car suffered from an oil pressure-related engine failure, the plaintiffs allege, but refused to make any repairs.

"It's unfortunate the defendants have forced us to bring a lawsuit in order to have our contract honored," said Johnston. "We obviously cannot sell the car in its current condition, which right now represents nearly $2 million of scrap metal."

Mercedes-Benz USA spokeswoman Donna Boland said she could not comment on the lawsuit since the car was purchased directly from Germany and not through Mercedes' U.S. arm. Mercedes-Benz USA is named as a defendant in the suit.

Mercedes-Benz officials in Germany could not immediately be reached for comment.

The suit seeks a full refund of the car's purchase price as well as legal fees and other expenses.
  • Options
    lntlnt Member Posts: 192
    I just returned from another long road trip. This time, my son went and wouldn't let me drive so I had to ride in the passenger's seat the whole way. It was miserable. If they change the seats in the 07 or anytime in the near future, please let me know so I can see if I can swap seats. I am ready to sell my car and buy a 2004 if I can find one with low miles- the seats were wonderful on my 2000 XLS. My son couldn't believe the passenger seat only adjusted forward and back on a $35,000 automobile!
  • Options
    mem4mem4 Member Posts: 52
    If you can smell the car exhaust in the cabin at highway speeds you have more problems than a bad Cat. converter, you have a major exhaust leak. I'd get that checked.

Sounds kind of like a troll post to me. How can he have an '06 for "not quite a year"? '06 models didn't start showing up in dealers until September and October of 05.
  • Options
    and I guess that the RX Lexus (the majority of which are sold FWD) are also somehow inherently unsafe (by your way of thinking). And the RX with the same sort of weight distribution characteristics as the FWD sedans out there, must also have a dynamics problem (understeer)? The RX did, after all, start out life as a Camry!
    Seem to remember that we had chassis imbalance problems all the way back when we we putting big V8s in RWD Falcons and Tempests - which is what I contend is the real effect of FWD, not necessarily anything that is inherently safe or unsafe.
  • Options
    bahraini_zuprabahraini_zupra Member Posts: 98
    Hi guys for some reason ppl removed my post :(
    anyway i made this cool new mod : Illuminated Cup Holder !
    check my web page NO3 in my avalon section :
    www.cardomain.com/id/ghoshee
  • Options
    I have to agree that the seats were a little more comfortable on my 03 XL compared to my 06 XLS. Having said that the Avalon is still the most comfortable car I test drove (Lucerne, Maxima, 300, 500, TL). The pass seat should have more adjustments, but the bean counters are always hard at work.

• Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    September to June inclusive is ten months. That sounds like not quite a year to me! ;)
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    Hi - I sent you an email to explain why I had to remove it. The problem was the pictures were way too wide for the page. Check your email and reply to me if you have any questions.
  • Options
    lwardlward Member Posts: 5
    I am in the process of purchasing a Blizzard Pearl 2006 Toyota Avalon limited sedan. I am trying to decide which options to order. Any advice on the advantages and/or disadvantages of body side moldings and/or laser cruise control? Do the side moldings detract from the car's appearance? Would appreciate help ASAP.
    Thanks! :)
  • Options
    tstrick320tstrick320 Member Posts: 64
    I have an 06 Limited with laser cruise and, overall, would buy it again. Acceleration and braking can be more abrupt than necessary in heavy traffic so it's not a complete "set it and forget it" system. I haven't had very many opportunities for long interstate drives but the few I've had, I really like having this.

I'm very tall and use the cruise a lot to avoid leg strain so one of my pet peeves is left-lane drivers who "pace" the right lane traffic. The laser cruise lets me "pace" THEM at a safe distance while keeping my blood pressure down. :)

I don't have body side moldings but after 5 months I also don't have any dings that they would have prevented. I'm inclined to order some of the after market moldings at some point but it doesn't seem urgent. However, I live in rural NH so my exposure to door dings is probably a little less than someone in the "big city". :)

Tom
  • Options
    indyresindyres Member Posts: 6
    On post number 12647 I have a link to several pictures of my Titanium Silver '06 with dealer installed side moldings. I think they look fine, but judge for yourself. These Avalons have fairly large doors and I felt the moldings were a necessity if there is any hope of avoiding dings.
  • Options
    3puttmax3puttmax Member Posts: 119
    I'm a big fan of the laser cruise control. It's definitely not perfect, the software could use some refinement. As noted by others, it can be too abrupt in resuming speed. But overall, it's a big plus for day-long freeway cruising.

Even when slowing down for highway construction, going down from 75 to 60 say, you can adjust your speed in 5 mph increments or just pace behind other traffic.

Max
  • Options
    bobwileybobwiley Member Posts: 241
    lward: I got Laser Cruise--love it--Nav System--hate it---not user friendly, Stability & Trac Control--not needed yet--had the Body Side Moldings and Color Coordinated Door Edge Guards installed--love them and they WORK!! I also got XM---Rear Spoiler--Pin Stripe--adds a nice touch, Splash Guards, Tinted Windows, Side Window Wind Deflectors--Remote Start--OK--but not necessary and Wheel Locks. Ours is Silver Pine Mica with Ivory Interior---I was torn between Blizzard Pearl & Silver Pine Mica--both are awesome colors--the Avalon, to me, looks much better in light colors. Hope this helps.
    Bob
  • Options
    91199119119911 Member Posts: 54
    SIDE MOLDINGS IN MY OPINION ADDS A BETTER APPEARANCE TO THE AVALON.I PURCHASED MINE FROM THE DEALERSHIP AND INSTALLED THEM MYSELF ($169.00) COLOR MATCH IS PERFECT. :) I FEEL THE LASER CRUISE CONTROL WOULD BE OF LITTLE VALUE ON INTERSTATE DRIVING AND YOU WOULDN'T NEED IT ANYWHERE ELSE.

Cj
  • Options
    gohawaiiangohawaiian Member Posts: 84
    As an Avalon Limited owner who had considered buying a Lexus ES 350, I want to propose this as a new Forum topic, one that might potentially generate lots of lively debate & comments from both Avalon and Lexus owners, given the head-to-head competition lately between these 2 models; along with the fact that most Avalon owners view their car as a better value than the Lexus ES 350, and Lexus owners' possible lack of awareness of how well equipped the Avalon Limited is. It should, at the very least, be entertaining to hear ES 350 buyers/owners explain (defend?) why they perceive that car to be a better value! ;) Do others think that comparing these two models makes sense and would be a timely, interesting new topic?
  • Options
    bobwileybobwiley Member Posts: 241
    lward: Laser Cruise "is" of great value--keeps you safe from the "idiots" who must pass and then pull right back in front of you--had this happen a few times and glad I had the Laser Cruise---put on the breaks faster than I could have!! Got body side moldings installed at the dealer for $150--they do work and look great!
  • Options
    Wouldn't it be more appropriate to compare the Avalon with the Lexus GS350, or maybe the GS300 AWD???

If you like the additional traction provided by the FWD Avalon then the AWD GS300 should be REALLY impressive.