Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently purchased a new minivan? A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by July 2 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Is the "Excess Wear & Use Protection Plan" worth getting?

roastedseaweedroastedseaweed Posts: 2
edited November 2015 in Lexus
I'm getting a 2015 GS350 F-Sport on a 36 month (12k/mo) lease. Is it worth paying for the protection plan? Dealer is offering it to me for $775.

I've never dealt with Lexus lease return so I'm not sure how lenient or harsh they are on evaluating a lease return. We returned our Infiniti without any issues, but that may have been because we got into another Infiniti as well.

They say the plan covers up to $7,500 in damages ($2,000 per event, $250 for each missing equipment). Events include worn out tired, damaged rims (which I've had in the past from poor parking jobs), cracked windshield, and scratches on bumpers.

I guess I don't know how Lexus identified "excess". Because after 36,000 miles it's expected a car will have scratches (especially near the bottom of the bumper for a low-riding car). Any feedback from anyone who has returned a lease, or if they think this is a reasonable deal, would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Tagged:

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 120,485
    I'd keep the $775 in my pocket, and take my chances.

That would put me way ahead on every lease I've turned in.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator