Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Used Car Mileage Question

babatinobabatino Member Posts: 1
edited November 2015 in General
Hi everyone,

I looked at a used car (out of state) one week ago; it had 117,000 miles. Later that same night, I made the sellers an offer; they accepted. I was hoping to get it the next day, but circumstances did not allow. I know the this car is the primary vehicle of one of the sellers, and I just realized that it will have more miles on it when I go to pick it up tomorrow. Should I call them tonight and ask how many miles it now has? And if it has significantly more miles than when I originally made the offer, should I lower my offer accordingly, or just eat it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336
    babatino said:

Hi everyone,

I looked at a used car (out of state) one week ago; it had 117,000 miles. Later that same night, I made the sellers an offer; they accepted. I was hoping to get it the next day, but circumstances did not allow. I know the this car is the primary vehicle of one of the sellers, and I just realized that it will have more miles on it when I go to pick it up tomorrow. Should I call them tonight and ask how many miles it now has? And if it has significantly more miles than when I originally made the offer, should I lower my offer accordingly, or just eat it?

Thanks!

I don't think a few hundred extra miles will substantially change the value of the car, nor should it impact the offer you've made.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    carboy21carboy21 Member Posts: 760
    20  cents a mile can be deducted from your price :)
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I think you might tick them off. I'd just let it go, it doesn't amount to anything.