Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Ford Escape 4WD Lease pricing

apollo125apollo125 Posts: 30
edited November 2015 in Ford
Got a lease quote for Ford Escape Titanium 4WD 2016 for NJ, 12,000 miles per year/36 month lease. MSRP 38,295. Negotiated price of car 31,000 Dealer used per him, 1.5 % Money Factor, did not tell residual, your residual is 55%. Gave me price of $389 per month without tax(7% for NJ) $1,500 down + tax and tags. Is this a good lease deal?
I worry about lack of leg room in back seat, should I keep looking? Any reccommedations?

Comments

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 124,505
    apollo125 said:

Got a lease quote for Ford Escape Titanium 4WD 2016 for NJ, 12,000 miles per year/36 month lease. MSRP 38,295. Negotiated price of car 31,000 Dealer used per him, 1.5 % Money Factor, did not tell residual, your residual is 55%. Gave me price of $389 per month without tax(7% for NJ) $1,500 down + tax and tags. Is this a good lease deal?
    I worry about lack of leg room in back seat, should I keep looking? Any reccommedations?

I confirm the 55% residual for 36/12, but I can't confirm the 1.5% MF - Ford has many regions, and we don't have documentation for the NJ area available. But, it could be the base rate ... I'm showing 1.75% for 36 months in Ohio.

Using your prices, I get $309/mo without tax.

I would ask the dealer what net cap cost they are using in their calculations - if higher than the negotiated price, make them explain what's been added.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• PS Dealer told me $31,000 price for car was only good for lease quoted, would be different if financed. Is this a common practice?
    apollo125 said:

PS Dealer told me $31,000 price for car was only good for lease quoted, would be different if financed. Is this a common practice?

There is a difference between the selling price and the net cap cost of a lease.

Net cap cost = selling price + taxes and fees added in - down payment

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 130,799
    apollo125 said:

PS Dealer told me $31,000 price for car was only good for lease quoted, would be different if financed. Is this a common practice?

There are plenty of Ford incentives that are only available for purchase, not lease

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Thank you
  • alex_62alex_62 Posts: 2
    edited November 2015
    Hi - I leased a 2016 Ford Escape Titanium 4WD 2.0L Ecoboost, MSRP $38,145 with terms as follows:

36 mo lease / 12K miles and $2000 DP (including first month payment, taxes, tags and licenses)

My monthly is $320.0

I got a total of $3050 in cash rebates including student bonus, lease holder bonus.

Can someone advise if I got a good deal?
    alex_62 said:

Hi - I leased a 2016 Ford Escape Titanium 4WD 2.0L Ecoboost, MSRP $38,145 with terms as follows:

36 mo lease / 12K miles and $2000 DP - $320.0 / mo (including taxes)

First month payment was included in DP.

I got a total of $3050 in cash rebates including student bonus, lease holder bonus.

Can someone advise if I got a good deal?

Looks good - what was the selling price?

• alex_62alex_62 Posts: 2
    edited November 2015
     Michaell said :
    Here are more details:
    Gross capitalized cost: $35,696
    The adjusted capitalized cost was $30,967
    Total of rebates and credits: $3,050
    in the lease documents the agreed upon value of the car is $32,750.

Truecar quotes $406/month + $2000 DP for the lowest priced exactly same ford escape... Taxes, tags and fees excluded...

I'm not sure if I should be happy with this deal..... :)
    alex_62 said:

Michaell said :

Here are more details:
    Gross capitalized cost: $35,696
    The adjusted capitalized cost was $30,967
    Total of rebates and credits: $3,050
    in the lease documents the agreed upon value of the car is $32,750.

Truecar quotes $406/month + $2000 DP for the lowest priced exactly same ford escape... Taxes, tags and fees excluded...

I'm not sure if I should be happy with this deal..... :)

Why? $320/mo for a car that stickers at $38K is pretty good.

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 9,285
    If you are 35 or under and recently bought a new Ford Escape, Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4 or similar vehicle to transport your young family, a reporter would like to talk with you. Please email [email protected] no later than Thursday, January 7, 2016 and include your age, the age of your child/ren and a few words about your vehicle choice.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine
    Corporate Communications
    Edmunds.com

Edmunds Moderator

Silver 2012 Nissan Versa Hatchback & White 2019 Nissan Rogue S

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Write your own vehicle review