Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Titan vs. Ford F150

Comments

• nvbankernvbanker Member Posts: 7,239
    "Ford is giving HUGE discounts and incentives"

Clearly they were for a while, but the Detroit Free Press says that Ford incentives are down now on the F-150.

And nobody has said, or is saying that your Titan is a piece, keanec, or that it's ugly either. Hell, it looks just like an F-150! How could one be ugly and the other beautiful? I'm sure it's going to be a fine truck. I just have to have AM so I can listen to Rush. :)
  • bowke28bowke28 Member Posts: 2,185
    if you want to break it down with incentives, 35% of the 2004 f150s are heritage models that are HEAVILY incentivized. ($4750 in rebates alone)

how the new body style sells when the heritage goes away in a few months is anyone's guess, but a big chunk of the increase in sales is due to the continuation of the old body.

as a matter of fact, i made a pretty good bonus last month because of sales of the heritage.
    Hmmmmmm, frankly I forgot about that, but I was only quoting the Freep anyway. But you make a good point bowke. Forgot the Heritage was still in production - because once a new model is out, I'm a junkie for the new stuff and wouldn't buy the old model, no matter how cheap it was.
    and some people are opposite.

ford also doesnt make a v6 model or one with a manual tranny in the new body, so 96% of the fleet sales are the heritage also.
    evidently, and clearly, I am not like everyone else. :)
    Nissan Motor Co. has sent nearly 200 engineers from its Tokyo headquarters to solve problems consumers are reporting with vehicles made at its plants in Canton, Miss., and in Smyrna, Tenn.
    The engineers were dispatched after consumer complaints about Nissan were published in the April J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study. Consumer gripes about Canton-made vehicles included wind noise, vibrating brake pedals and paint blemishes. The Canton plant produces the new Altima, the Quest minivan, the Armada sport utility vehicle and the Titan truck for Nissan and the QX56 SUV for Infiniti. The Tennessee plant produces the Altima.

Nissan ranked 21st on last year's J.D. Power survey. It dropped to 32nd this year.

http://www.freep.com/money/autonews/nissan30e_20040630.htm
  • ANT14ANT14 Member Posts: 2,687
    "Ford also doesnt make a v6 model "

They are for 2005, read the ordering guides for 2005 LD F-150, 4.2L V6 will be available.

Ironically, I was at an event last night and a friends'-friend's husband happens to work as a service manager at an Infitini dealership down here. So he was giving telling me the issues they have had with the QX56, and how they sent over 2 engineer's over to help them with some of the issues they have been having with that vehicle. Told me the majority of the service bays happen to be filled with QX56 and what an issue they have had with customer's that are understandably upset.

Luckily we were chatting half of the night and made the time go by much quicker, for the event itself was boring us overall.
  • dustykdustyk Member Posts: 2,926
    >>>I think you need some help in this thread.<<<

Yep.

>>>These guys just aren't going to give up.<<<

Yep.*

>>>Well, to start, the Titan sold more units than the Frontier in June and actually reached over 10% of the number of F-150s sold. I think that is exactly what Nissan was looking for.<<<

Come on, please! Are you saying that Nissan was looking to lag behind Frontier sales all through the first half of '04 then sell more units in June?? Heck, even Frontier sales are up over last year. One month is a chapter, not a story. The Titan still lags by almost 3000 units at the end of May. And what happened to that 100,000 units predicted??

>>>I also agree with Bowke when he says the sales are where (or close) Nissan wants them.<<<

Which is NOW 50,000 units?

>>>It is a very tough market...,<<<

Maybe tougher than Nissan counted on.

>>>Ford is giving HUGE discounts and incentives (not forgetting the individual dealer discounts)....<<<

Yeah, but who isn't. A Titan ad in today's Rochester Democrat & Chronicle has Titans at discount.

*Remember all of the arrogant Titan bravado at the very begining of this thread, you know where a millameter here and a tenth of an inch there, or five pounds there, proved it was the vastly superior Titan against all of that other flotsam? Now the Titan's lackluster (to be kind) market performance finds an excuse at every measurable angle. But, hey, now it's "just where Nissan wants to be."

Only in the eyes of Titan lovers could the picture be so rosy.
    i know they are for 2005...dont forget, i sell them.

i was referring to the lack of a work-style truck in the 2004 new body. the reference was to illustrate the skewed sales numbers, since 35% of retail sales are heritage model, and 96% of fleet sales are as well.
    It shall be different in the coming months since the last of the Heritage models stopped being produced last week.
    the v6 and manny tranny models wont start arriving till mid-september.
  • morganvmorganv Member Posts: 49
    Mr.dustyk you're commentary is to thought provoking and carefull to have me believe that that was an accident. are you a country guy or gal at heart? Our titan is now gone. at 28k the transmision blew we started to have electrical problems and had 3 sets of brakes put on iy in the short time we had it. tHe thing had a lot of rattles and noises. my husband hates a noisy truck, It just didn't look like itwas going to hold up. i didnt know that nissan and ford wqewre connected in any way. Thats to bad, my daughter just bought a sentra.

Morgan
    Isn't that terminated now? Their only partnership I was aware of was the joint venture of the Quest/Villager built in Flat Rock, I think. That ended last year. Nissan is owned by Renault.
    the only ford/nissan connection was the quest/villager twins.

i think he is thinking of mazda. they are owned by ford.
  • importfan14importfan14 Member Posts: 18
    Anyway, I'd like to know where you got this little gem from regarding the sales targets for the Titan:

"Which is NOW 50,000 units?"--If you really think that, especially considering that the Titan's sales have been almost--emphasis on almost--consistently been increasing since its launch, then I have a bridge to sell you in the Middle East. ;-)

According to Nissan's news website, it YTD is 34,317 units. Let's just say--for the sake of argument--that that the Titan sells 8,000 units and just stays at that level from July through December--6 months--that would equal 48,000 units, then add that to 34,317=82,317 units, then if you wanted to, add 2,072 units for its first month performance, and you'd get 84,389 units. Either way, that is under Nissan's 100,000 target, and way better than the 50,000 unit number you probably pulled out of your...uh, nevermind. ;-)

For the record, I chalk it's relatively "lackluster" performance up to Nissan's soft-sell advertising that they have been using for the Titan thus far, and not enough saturation of the ads they already have--I see probably 5-10 domestic ads for 1 Titan ad. I think that if they use some more agressive advertsing, then they will see better sales. That reasoning is contrary to popular belief--its styling.

And, contrary to what you believe, I don't think that anybody here is calling the Titan's competitors "debris" or "wreckage," I think all people are saying in general is that right now, the Titan is the best truck for the money, and I happen to share that view. It doesn't mean I don't like the other trucks; it's just that they have nothing to offer me for the way I'd use a truck.

Dusty, you need to stop being such a blowhard and a chest-thumper on all this; in the end, these are just trucks, and competition is still good for everybody.
  • keaneckeanec Member Posts: 349
    YTD frontier (end of June)33,686 June 6164
    Titan 34,317 june 7606 (an increase over may's 7236)

F-150 June 74,935 (78,847 May)

Satisfied? The Titan continues to increase sales, even in months where the F-150 went down.

As to the 10% of total f-150 sales, the F-150 sales contains a lot of f-250s and higher as well as the 35% heritage model that Bowke referred to.

And yes it is a tough market, the rebates are flying still even if Ford's are down a couple of hundred over last year. The Titan has only had one rebate and it wasn't as high as the F-150, especially the heritage.
    There are issues with the Titan; as well as all the rest of the Nissans made in Canton. It was expected, in fact those Detroit newspapers always being referred to in this thread said that whenever a new model is introduced, the JD rankings are expected to fall. Now, this is a new plant, making brand new models in brand new segments, in a state that hasn't made cars before. Problems? yes!

BUT, the RAMS, Chevys F-150s, and Tundras all have had issues in different years.

There are some owners who have had problems, there are many others who haven't. It will improve as those engineers fix the problems. At least Nissan is showing they know there are problems and are trying to fix them! GM would never admit they had a piston problem, Ford wouldn't admit they had tranny problems.
    "Satisfied? The Titan continues to increase sales, even in months where the F-150 went down."

Since it's introduction, the F-150 has had increased sales from previous year's number's.
    "Since it's introduction, the F-150 has had increased sales from previous year's number's."

I said last months numbers; not last years. May to June this year, the Titan increased and the F-150 decreased. If you want to go back and check against prior years, like last year, go back and look at two years or three years ago. You will find the the F-150 hasn't always increased each month. Last year wasn't a banner year for the F-150, so you are comparing this years results against a down year.

And don't forget the big numbers of Heritage models being sold.
    You didn't specify, so I was clarifying. So it's a revelation that sales are down on a month to month (when traditionally June's are slow), when it's 8% ahead of last year's numbers?

It used to be 35% are Heritage models which have stopped being produced, and reality it was 18% last month. And 550-600K are F-150 LD.

So why is the smoke being placed on the F-150 which doesn't have a selling issue, when people are mentioning the Titan's (less than expected) sales ?
    "So it's a revelation that sales are down on a month to month (when traditionally June's are slow), when it's 8% ahead of last year's numbers?"

The F-150 was only 1.3% ahead of last junes numbers. 7.7% YTD which means the Junes numbers were very disappointing for Ford. Which brings us to:

"It used to be 35% are Heritage models which have stopped being produced, and reality it was 18% last month"

That makes it look even worse.

"So why is the smoke being placed on the F-150 which doesn't have a selling issue, when people are mentioning the Titan's (less than expected) sales ? "

I didn't start it...this is a F150 vs Titan thread and people said the Titan was selling poorly. I said that is not true as it keeps on increasing each month and is now pretty well at it's monthly target (especially if you say June is a soft month!) I brought up the new F-150 sales figure to show that the Titan is actually performing better than people are saying and the F-150 worse. You Ford F-150 guys just have a hard time seeing reality. Your posts do more and more to prove my point

Thanks!

That all said, I still like the F150 and I like Ford, but I also like Nissan and the Titan. The F-150 was my 2nd choice and it could be my 1st choice in three years when I buy another truck. That will depend on which truck I like better then.
    Year 2002 YTD F-150 436,791 -3.5% down over 2001

June 2002 F-150 91,481 -16.0% decline over June 2001

Jeez, it doesn't seem to show that June is a "traditionally" slow month as you posted above. In fact, the 2002 June numbers were a big drop from 2001!!! yet they still were far higher than this June.

My point is to show it is actually the "new" F150 that is having truly disappointing sales, not the Titan.
    Far from it, F-150 sales are doing quite well overall. Double digit percentage increase from previous year sales, last month's 1.3% was the only one digit percentage of increased sales it has had.

And as for a softening month, outside critics have already reported that June is usually a slow month for vehicle sales overall. As is February BTW, just as Winter Months are slow for RWD Mustang and/or converible Mustang sales.

So the F-150 had a softer month this month than the last 11 is irrelevant compared with it's overall sales, and to say it's a sales dissapointment is comical considering more F-150 are sold in a year, than some other manufacturer's total brand sales figures.

And who brought in the whole sales aspects anyway? Last I remember the topic was the Titan's quality issues.... Are sales number's the smoke being used to deter the topic of the Titan's horrible quality issue which is what some people were bringing up?
  • dustykdustyk Member Posts: 2,926
    Not at all. I am, however, one to not let go unnoticed blatant arrogance, condescension, misinformation, and down right juvenile silliness. This thread was started just to fill the ether with pseudo-superiority and "chest thumping," pure and simple, and as a vehicle to practice those "chest thumping" skills to a honed edge.

>>>Dusty, you need to stop being such a blowhard and a chest-thumper on all this; in the end, these are just trucks, and competition is still good for everybody.<<

Yeah, like that. You call me a "chest thumper" and "blowhard?" Well excuse me but this is just another example of the rich cognitive dissonance that is rapidly becoming the hallmark feature of the Titan lovers. I guess they define "chest thumper" and "blowhard" a little differently where you come from, but an excursion through these posts I think is self evident of who the "chest thumpers" and "blowhards" really are, all signatures of the new breed of bellicose Titan apologists, apparently.

Now I'm sure you see it a different way, but without realizing it you've just summed up everything I've been trying to say. Let me also point out the extreme double standard that's being exerted in here, and now especially by you. But it seems that Titan egos are so fragile, aren't they. Criticise the other fellows opinions in stern, vituperative tone, but bristle at apologetic assertions when it comes the Titan way.

As to the "debris" or "wreckage" comment, please don't use quotes. It
    assumes that those were terms that I used, and that is completely false.

The revised 50,000 figure for projected Titan sales was not pulled from my "nevermind," either. I do agree with you that it likely came from somebody's "nevermind," but it wasn't mine. This was a statement made by one of your own. Please see post number 696.

Since the title of this thread is "Titan vs. Ford F150," you have no right to expect that the rules are going to be different for those wishing to challenge the Tuculent Titans. The mere titling, by the way, and the tone set by a number of Titan lovers, was destined to draw in defenders of the F-150. So count me as one of them.

And since you sign yourself "importfan," please, please don't try to make me believe that your opinion is without significant bias. By the way, your personal attack response to me, although I'm sure making you feel better, is far more indicative of your anger, not mine. Yes, I admit to having grown impatient with certain behaviors, but anger. No. There are far more important things in life to get angry about and it would be a much wasted emotion in this forum.
    "please don't try to make me believe that your opinion is without significant bias."

i know you werent talking to me there, but i, actually, have no bias. i sell both, and both line my pockets nicely. my opinions on here are simply those that, in knowing both trucks head to toe, i think the titan is a better truck overall for a better price.

to get a ford for a similar price, you have to go to the antiquated heritage model, and that doesnt compare in any way to the titan.

if you want to get a ford, and want competitive features/utility, you have to get the new body...but to get one of those, its gonna cost you $2000-$3000 more.

to me, if it were a matter of hundreds instead of thousands, it would probably be a 50/50 decision. but to get something SO equal for SO much less makes it a no-brainer.

case-in-point...

a customer came in looking at a supercab f150 xlt 4x4 w/5.4 and the 8800 GVW pkg. we were about $2100 away from a deal, and i asked if he were stuck on a ford. he said he would entertain the nissan if he liked the #'s.

he drove an SE KC 4x4 w/the big tow pkg., and liked the truck equally with the ford.

his OTD # on the ford was $30450. this was using the rebates in lieu of the rate.

his OTD on the nissan was $29700, waiving the rebate, and using 1.9% for 60 months.

needless to say, he took the nissan because, on top of everything else, he saved about $2400 in interest over the life of the loan.
    That was well explained, bowke, and certainly there are lots of customers out there like that. You're fortunate to be able to sell two such similar products for folks like that, who can then choose between the deals if they're not fixed on a particular brand. I'm one of those customers are is far more concerned that I get the vehicle I want than what it may cost me, so that wouldn't work for me, but I can easily see the point you were making. My dealer connections assure me of a decent price for the car, but even before I had those connections, it was always about getting the car I wanted, not the best deal on any acceptable car.
    it wasnt about getting the best deal. it was getting a truck he liked for a specific budget he needed to keep. the ford he liked couldnt get there.

another point:

the f150 supercab 4x4 xlt has a 3 year residual of 48% based on 15k miles/yr.

the titan KC 4x4 SE has a 3 year residual of 57% based on 15k miles/yr.
    "Far from it, F-150 sales are doing quite well overall. Double digit percentage increase from previous year sales, last month's 1.3% was the only one digit percentage of increased sales it has had.

And as for a softening month, outside critics have already reported that June is usually a slow month for vehicle sales overall. As is February BTW, just as Winter Months are slow for RWD Mustang and/or converible Mustang sales.

So the F-150 had a softer month this month than the last 11 is irrelevant compared with it's overall sales, and to say it's a sales dissapointment is comical considering more F-150 are sold in a year, than some other manufacturer's total brand sales figures."

Okay...Are you hard of hearing(reading); do you not know math? Can you not understand numbers? You just ignored my posts and stuck to " some unknown "expert" said June is a bad month and the F-150 is doing fine". Ya, way down from 2001 (I mean WAY down) and much of the increase over those last 11 months (over last year) was with big discounted "old" models. Let me guess, you ARE one of those salesman (not the factual one like Bowke) who is true and blue even when proved wrong. Ya just ignore the proof and slip back to weren't we talking about the Titan's lack of sales or quality or something like that?

Also, I did bring up the quality issues of the Titan, and the F-150 as well as the other FS trucks...they all have problems! Case in point my mention of the two F-150 (new models by the way)that were FORD (Found On Road Dead). No Titans to be seen. But I am sure they are around because they also have some issues. BUT mine doesn't.

Man you tire me out! Read the numbers. The F-150 does not have the sales it use to! Ya can't argue that! Yes it still sells the most, but it doesn't sell as much as before.
    And that's a problem ? Taurus doesn't sell the high number's it used to, but Ford ia making more profits on it now counting on less fleet sales. Which is better, sales number or profits ?

As I stated before, the F-150 isn't problems selling, the Titan is as some articles have stated. And that's what some people (as well as the media) have pointed again. BUT as Dusty mention, it's the usual bias that is brought up to deter it from the real topic. The Titan's goal was 100K, and now suddenly the spin is whatever sales is "just enough and we are happy"...Yet if the sales of the F-150 drop, the sky is falling ? Heh...
    I am sure Ford is just thrilled about the Taurus's sales figures. I am sure they are making a ton of money off the Taurus!

Hey, I already answered your comment about the Titan's sales - so did Bowke. Since this is a topic about the F-150 vs the Titan, I thought we were allowed to bring up other topics like how unflattering the F-150s sales are. :-)

For you Ant - The Titan's sales started a little slow because of many factors; including production problems, and inventory problems, as well as others. However, they are reaching their monthly goal (around 8000) even in that really soft month of June - as you stated June is a slow month (at least for Fords)
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Avoid the trap of talking about each other instead of the trucks. Do NOT let this degrade into silly personal namecalling...

Stick to the trucks and things will be fine...

Thanks for your cooperation and participation!

PF Flyer
    Host
    Pickups & News & Views Message Boards
    "Taurus doesn't sell the high number's it used to, but Ford ia making more profits on it now counting on less fleet sales."

this proves to me that you dont know ford. ford is ramping up fleet sales of the taurus, because after this year, they will not be available to retail buyers...only fleet.
  • crosley4crosley4 Member Posts: 295
    I've read these posts about the Titan for weeks. Some helpful information here and on the Titantalk.com bbs

I thought I wanted a new 04 Ford 150 till I looked at them in person. I like the interiors , the exterior does not appeal to me.

The Titan has a nice interior and the exterior is similar to the Ford yet better looking IMO.

In a year or so if Nissan can straighten out some of the issues with the Titan I will give them a serious look.

Currently we own a 2000 Silverado 1500 xtra-cab & a 2001 Ford 150 super crew. Both are paid for and zero troubles with them.... I can wait a year to look at the Titan for a replacement for the Chevy
    " I am sure they are making a ton of money off the Taurus!"

The Taurus' tooling/engineering has already been paid for. So even with heavy incentives, they are still making a profit. Same with the Crown Vic/Grand Marquis/TC. Cash cows. Plus production of the new Ford 500/Freestyle/Montego start in Chicago on the 12th, while just ATL will be building the Taurus/Sables.

"this proves to me that you dont know ford. ford is ramping up fleet sales of the taurus, because after this year, they will not be available to retail buyers...only fleet.
    "

Ford has lowered fleet sales for the Taurus for the past year, which is why sales number's have dropped. This to gain profit, and lower it's depreciation rate. Once the (Sedan formanlly named Futura, which is new named is being tested on consumer clinics as we speak) goes on sale, then the Taurus will be left for fleet sales. Such as what GM has done with Malibu "Classic". And the same will occur with Crown Vic, when the next RWD replacement, comes online in 2008-2009....

Your only at the sales person level. Do not tell me what I know and not know when it pertains to Ford. Your NOT talking to a customer.
    I understand the higher residual for the Titan (this is my neck of the woods), but I also remember when 99 Navigators were being leased with 73% residuals after 4 years - and the huge losses banks took at the end of those leases once the competition had caught up, and everybody was offering large luxury SUVs. Your customers are smart to snatch these up while the residuals are high, but is not a reliable indicator of real resale yet. In a few years, we'll know how the Titan holds up, and what the demand for them may be. I expect they'll be good, but you never know.
    "Your only at the sales person level. Do not tell me what I know and not know when it pertains to Ford. Your NOT talking to a customer."

AHAH!!!

it finally comes out!

but you are still wrong.
    I'd be careful bashing ANT. You don't know who he is, he may be Bill Ford for all we know! Frankly, I don't think he is wrong, his logic makes sense to me, but there is no reason to get defensive and make this personal. If we could discuss features of the Titan vs. the F-150, that would be useful. I don't think anybody is saying one is bad, or worse than the other. Little less passion, little more information would be helpful.
    Don't know who you are, doesn't really matter if you really are Bill Ford because he has said the same things I have said in the past. I am not really questioning what you say because a lot of it makes sense concerning Ford, it is just what you won't say.

I just wish you wouldn't try to pick out little things out of my posts to try and pick on, respond to the over all post. For example, the "NEW" F-150 is still way below the F-150 sales of 2-3-4 years ago. Or how about commenting on how the Titan is just about at its monthly goal. You ignore this. But it was an answer to your original post.

This is not personal, I am not attacking you...if you think I am, sorry.,,But I just have to say it...You post like a lawyer, ignore the overall facts and pick apart the little things.

By the way, I do agree with your observation about the Taurus. Bill Ford himself said what you are saying. The only thing is the horrendous quality issues they had with the Tuarus put them in the position where they had to do this. You don't see Toyota or Honda scaling back sales of the Camry or Accord.

One last thing, you work for Ford but you are not a customer...Do you own a Titan Then? :-)

just kidding!
    "Before anyone looks really stupid here..... by nvbanker"

Yup I agree with you.. but I really wish he/she would stop picking on the little things and we will be fine.
    "I just wish you wouldn't try to pick out little things out of my posts to try and pick on, "

I pick out the parts that are incorrect, and (as in the past) have linked you to the correct information. If those links are from a media source, and you dislike what it is they are saying, then you write them an Email about it. I just link it, doesn't mean you gotta kill the messenger over it.

It's the typical biased that's quite common. BMW has a recall (like the X5 which has 12+), "Oh it's quality control to improve their product, how nice of them" gets printed on the back pages, IF ANY. When Ford does it "Oh my god, the sky is falling, they are backrupt, the whole company is sinking, abandon ship!!!" 5 articles over the doom of the company gets printed on the front page. And that's what I have seen repeated on this topic.

The issues presented NOW (as the quality issue that was mentioned by a few media outlets) is about the Titan, and that's where the general discussion was at and should have addressed by those who have cared to comment. But it's just comical how old ghosts are resurfaced to try to prove a point that's irrelevant to the issue at hand.

Just like the "OH mine has one inch longer leg room"..just sounds like teenage boys in the bathroom whipping out their private parts to measure with a ruler and just irrelevant because it's going to grow later on anyways, heh...
    I am confused I guess.

"The issues presented NOW (as the quality issue that was mentioned by a few media outlets) is about the Titan, and that's where the general discussion was at and should have addressed by those who have cared to comment. But it's just comical how old ghosts are resurfaced to try to prove a point that's irrelevant to the issue at hand."

I was sure I had answered that and gave my $0.02. I was also sure that someone else had also moved the discussion to the Titan's sales. Which I was trying to answer within the context of Ford as this is a Nissan vs. Ford thread. Bringing up the F-150 sales to show the slaes of the Titan are okay makes sense to me and is in the context of this thread. Who says we have to "stick" to a topic brought up by one person anyway? This thread is about the Titan vs. the F-150. That makes Ford just as fair game as Nissan.

AS to this:

"It's the typical biased that's quite common. BMW has a recall (like the X5 which has 12+), "Oh it's quality control to improve their product, how nice of them" gets printed on the back pages, IF ANY. When Ford does it "Oh my god, the sky is falling, they are backrupt, the whole company is sinking, abandon ship!!!" 5 articles over the doom of the company gets printed on the front page. And that's what I have seen repeated on this topic."

That is a little paranoid in my humble opinion. although, Ford did have a very high number of recalls on a couple of different vehicles but that seems to have gone away.

Now on to the intent of the thread - F-150 vs. Titan.
  • kg11kg11 Member Posts: 530
    It's F150 by a landslide.

Mr. Ant: What can you tell me about the rummored 6.2 V8?
    what do you mean?
    "Mr. Ant: What can you tell me about the rummored 6.2 V8? "

The "Hurricane" 6.2L will be an optional engine to possibly replace the V-10 since it's power ratings will be similar to the new 3V 6.8L V-10. And will obviously follow with Variable Valve Timing, Drive by Wire, easy maintenence design, etc.

Currently supplier's are bidding for the job, and a few other things need to be finalized as well. The engine will be offered on the F-150 but will also be an optional engine on a few other vehicles as well. Notice how the Expy has a standard 5.4L 3V V8 for MY 2005... You could see it as a standard engine on Navi/Mark LT as well coupled with a 6 speed Auto. Transmission.
  • aspesisteveaspesisteve Member Posts: 833
    one feature I think is great in the new F150 super cab is the power roll down windows on the rear flip out doors. It gives the rear passengers the ability to see out and a faster way to let the heat out of the cab.

Other things I liked were the feel of the material (cloth seats) and the feel of the stearing wheel while driving. IMHO
    in the seats of the f150 is almost identical to that of the titan...just a different shape and color combination.
    Same vendor, possibly, bowke? Ant? Clearly, the specs are very close evidently.
  • freekyfx4freekyfx4 Member Posts: 1
    OK. I spent the better part of Friday test driving both the Nissan Titan LE and the Ford F-150 FX4. In my opinion, nether truck felt "anemic". The Nissan seemed to handle a little better, but the Nissan just felt "cheap" to me on the inside. In contrast, the Ford with its leather captains chairs that look to be straight out of a Volvo, are absolutely the nicest seats I have ever sat in. Today, I went back and bought the F-150. Granted, I paid a little more for the Ford, but I believe that the Ford is still a better value. Here's a couple of pics of what mine looks like inside and out...I will take some of my actual truck tomorrow.

http://info.detnews.com/dn/pix/2003/07/02/g04f150inside.jpg

http://info.detnews.com/dn/pix/2003/07/02/g01autosmain1.jpg
  • bfdtpktbfdtpkt Member Posts: 2
    JEEEEZZ!!
    I came to this forum to get a little info and do some research on the F-150 & Titan, but you guys only wanna bicker back and forth about personalities!

I'm trying to decide on which truck to buy...
    I guess I'll go elsewhere for info........

I do thank the few that have stuck to the topic, however, it's very helpful!
  • snhemi1snhemi1 Member Posts: 1
    the titan has a very cheap intier quality and radios. that is why f.m. does not recieve very well.they use thin plastic and the a pillar is ridiciously large and causes massive blindspots.i have no idea of the endurance of there endurance engines, however nissans have alot of recalls and just wait and see when they start rolling in the recalls.
This discussion has been closed.