Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Payment waiver program, or pull ahead program?

rattaomrattaom Member Posts: 2
edited November 2015 in Lexus
Hi,
I am in the middle of a lease on a 2014 Lexus IS 250 that is set to mature in June 2016. I've seen references to a payment waiver or pull ahead program whereby Lexus may let you out of a lease early if you're within 6 months, and you lease a new vehicle through them. Does anyone know if this is accurate, or how exactly it works?

Thanks.
Tagged:

Answers

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You may want to read Edmund's article on Early Car Lease Returns.

The pull ahead program is probably more beneficial to the dealer than to you, but if you have some equity in the car (that is, if retail value exceeds your pay-off amount), you might be able to cut yourself a good deal.

For some owners, just getting a new car is a good enough deal. For others, they want equal or lower payments before they make the switch.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,527
    rattaom said:

Hi,
    I am in the middle of a lease on a 2014 Lexus IS 250 that is set to mature in June 2016. I've seen references to a payment waiver or pull ahead program whereby Lexus may let you out of a lease early if you're within 6 months, and you lease a new vehicle through them. Does anyone know if this is accurate, or how exactly it works?

Thanks.

I don't see any pull-ahead programs for Lexus, at this point in time. That doesn't necessarily mean there aren't any, but it looks doubtful.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I think these pull ahead programs come and go and are related to how many lease returns are being dumped at one time and what the used car inventory is.
  • rattaomrattaom Member Posts: 2
    Thx for all the feedback.