Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Radio keeps on switching off and on intermittently

Susie_QSusie_Q Member Posts: 3
edited December 2015 in MINI
I've tried searching in all forum no one seems to have the same problem as I do. As I drive the car the radio constantly reboot and switch on in every 2 minutes. I can't change channel or alter the sound...no matter what it will come back to the same channel and volume setting after rebooting. Why is this happening? A friend told me maybe the fuse is out but if it is...the radio won't be unable to switch on at all.

Hope someone out there could help me here

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,055
    Susie_Q said:

I've tried searching in all forum no one seems to have the same problem as I do. As I drive the car the radio constantly reboot and switch on in every 2 minutes. I can't change channel or alter the sound...no matter what it will come back to the same channel and volume setting after rebooting. Why is this happening? A friend told me maybe the fuse is out but if it is...the radio won't be unable to switch on at all.

Hope someone out there could help me here

I would guess along the same lines. A loose electrical connection of some sort.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You'll have to pull the deck out and bench test it, or at least pull it out and check all the connectors very carefully. The "jiggle test is one way--by jiggling various wires with the deck plugged in--if you can duplicate the problem this way, then you know you have a wiring or connector problem. If all the connections test out OK, then the problem is internal to the deck.
  • Susie_QSusie_Q Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for yr prompt replies.What I have not told u that prior to this I had changed a new battery. 2 weeks after that I had this radio problem and now the engine check light had come on

Now am thinking...it may have nothing to do with a connector and as far as I know my mechanic have registered the new battery