2016 BMW X3 and X4 leasing questions

ipic_0825ipic_0825 Member Posts: 9
edited January 2016 in BMW
Can anyone give me an idea of the current money factor and residual for the following BMWs:

X3 xdrive28i
X3 x drive35i

X4 x drive28i

36 months/15K mile
39months / 15k miles
39months/ 18k miles

Would the extra miles for the third scenario be calculated up front based on cents per mile and then taken off residual?

i live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida if that makes a difference
Tagged:

Answers

  • ipic_0825ipic_0825 Member Posts: 9
    I have the following intial deal from the dealer on a 2016 BMW X3 xdrive28i (I have decided against the X4):

    MSRP: $49,970
    Selling Price: 47,970
    Dealer fee: $699

    Out of Pocket: $2,834.46
    Rebate: 1,000
    36 mo/18K
    $730.53 monthly

    I was told the MF was .00151 and Residual was 55%, however when I calculated it with the salesperson the residual came in closer to 52%.

    The salesperson was not receptive to any comments to reduce the MF and said the Residual is lower than the 55% in the end because of the 18K. I also think the Selling Price is a bit high. I was trying to get closer to $46,395. Per Edmunds the average price in my area (Fort Lauderdale, FL) is even lower than that...$45,743.

    Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.

    My credit should come in over 800 so would that affect any of these numbers?

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,544
    ipic_0825 said:

    Can anyone give me an idea of the current money factor and residual for the following BMWs:

    X3 xdrive28i
    X3 x drive35i

    X4 x drive28i

    36 months/15K mile
    39months / 15k miles
    39months/ 18k miles

    Would the extra miles for the third scenario be calculated up front based on cents per mile and then taken off residual?

    i live in Fort Lauderdale, Florida if that makes a difference

    .00131 MF and 55% residual for 36mo, 15K/yr.. for all three. $1000 option credit.

    There is no 39 month special on these models. 18K/yr would result in a residual reduction for the extra 9000 miles on a per/mile basis.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,544
    ipic_0825 said:

    I have the following intial deal from the dealer on a 2016 BMW X3 xdrive28i (I have decided against the X4):

    MSRP: $49,970
    Selling Price: 47,970
    Dealer fee: $699

    Out of Pocket: $2,834.46
    Rebate: 1,000
    36 mo/18K
    $730.53 monthly

    I was told the MF was .00151 and Residual was 55%, however when I calculated it with the salesperson the residual came in closer to 52%.

    The salesperson was not receptive to any comments to reduce the MF and said the Residual is lower than the 55% in the end because of the 18K. I also think the Selling Price is a bit high. I was trying to get closer to $46,395. Per Edmunds the average price in my area (Fort Lauderdale, FL) is even lower than that...$45,743.

    Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.

    My credit should come in over 800 so would that affect any of these numbers?

    Considering the $700 dealer fee, you are only $1300 under MSRP. ($2300 under with the option credit). Your money factor is marked up from the base number. The lower residual is because of the extra 9000 miles.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • lsbmw47lsbmw47 Member Posts: 20
    edited January 2016
    How about the January residual/mf on 36months10/12k miles? Also,  I want to verify January promotions. $1,000 option credit? $1,000 loyalty? Any other discounts? 

    Thanks. 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,544
    lsbmw47 said:

    How about the January residual/mf on 36months10/12k miles? Also,  I want to verify January promotions. $1,000 option credit? $1,000 loyalty? Any other discounts? 

    Thanks. 

    New program starts tomorrow. Check back later this week.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • lsbmw47lsbmw47 Member Posts: 20
    Thank you. 
  • lsbmw47lsbmw47 Member Posts: 20
    Is there any new information on January Rates/Promotions?

    Thanks.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,007
    lsbmw47 said:

    Is there any new information on January Rates/Promotions?

    Thanks.

    lsbmw47 said:

    How about the January residual/mf on 36months10/12k miles? Also,  I want to verify January promotions. $1,000 option credit? $1,000 loyalty? Any other discounts? 

    Thanks. 

    For which model?

    .00132 is the new MF for January.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • lsbmw47lsbmw47 Member Posts: 20
    2016 X4,  10k and 12k.  Any new promotions on X4? $1,000 loyalty and $1,000 option credit? 

    Thank you. 
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,544
    lsbmw47 said:

    2016 X4,  10k and 12k.  Any new promotions on X4? $1,000 loyalty and $1,000 option credit? 

    Thank you. 

    .00132 MF and 58%/57% residual for 36mo, 10K/12K/yr. $1000 option credit.

    Don't see any loyalty info.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • bmw_x3_loverbmw_x3_lover Member Posts: 3
    2016 2.8 X3 sDrive Purchase Question

    Folks, my local local informed me that the 2017 X3 can be ordered starting April 1. Has anyone heard this? If this is true, then 2016 model's KBB value is going to depreciate pretty quickly. So, is the following (~$7,500 off MSRP) really a good deal in that event? Looks like folks have been able to buy even the 2014 and 2015 X3's with $7,500 off MSRP so perhaps it's not.

    MSRP = $44,095 (Jet Black, Saddle Brown (no extra charge) + Premium Package + Driver Assist Package)
    Offer = $36,505
    OTD = $38,750 (Above + $600 Doc Fee + Tags + Taxes)

    Also, two other questions:
    1. Is the firmness of the seat different when you have heated seats vs. not?
    2. How does the sDrive handle compared to the xDrive?

    Thanks in advance!!
  • mindanalyzer10mindanalyzer10 Miami FLMember Posts: 4
    What would be the residual and money factor for a 2016 X3 Xdrive35i for 24 months and 10k/12k miles?

    Trim I am interested in:
    2016 X3 Xdrive35i
    M-sport
    Premium
    Driver Assistance
    DHP
    Harman Kardon
    technology
    MSRP: $58k
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,007

    What would be the residual and money factor for a 2016 X3 Xdrive35i for 24 months and 10k/12k miles?

    Trim I am interested in:
    2016 X3 Xdrive35i
    M-sport
    Premium
    Driver Assistance
    DHP
    Harman Kardon
    technology
    MSRP: $58k

    .00132 and 63% / 64%. $1000 option allowance.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Patelshivam94Patelshivam94 NJMember Posts: 59
    edited February 2016
    Can I get the February numbers please on both X3 and X4. 36 months/ 12 and 15k miles per year. 

    Please provide numbers on both 2015 and 2016 models as I am looking at a few pre-owned vehicles.

    Thanks, in advance. 
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,007

    Can I get the February numbers please on both X3 and X4. 36 months/ 12 and 15k miles per year. 

    Please provide numbers on both 2015 and 2016 models as I am looking at a few pre-owned vehicles.

    Thanks, in advance. 

    No change in the numbers for February.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Patelshivam94Patelshivam94 NJMember Posts: 59
    Michaell said:
    Can I get the February numbers please on both X3 and X4. 36 months/ 12 and 15k miles per year. 

    Please provide numbers on both 2015 and 2016 models as I am looking at a few pre-owned vehicles.

    Thanks, in advance. 
    No change in the numbers for February.
    Thanks Michael.

    Would you please be able to provide just the numbers on the X3? I was not able to locate the 2015 numbers.  

    Thanks, in advance.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,544


    Michaell said:

    Can I get the February numbers please on both X3 and X4. 36 months/ 12 and 15k miles per year. 

    Please provide numbers on both 2015 and 2016 models as I am looking at a few pre-owned vehicles.

    Thanks, in advance. 

    No change in the numbers for February.

    Thanks Michael.

    Would you please be able to provide just the numbers on the X3? I was not able to locate the 2015 numbers.  

    Thanks, in advance.

    2015 X3: .00132 MF and 48% residual for 36/12

    You'll be better off leasing a 2016 model.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

Sign In or Register to comment.