Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevrolet Malibu: Problems & Solutions

Comments

• maxx4memaxx4me Member Posts: 1,340
    no, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night! ha: I've always wanted to do that!
  • gla4601gla4601 Member Posts: 40
    skyhawk

Well now I got someone telling me I dont know how to drive in the snow :). Just kidding.

OK the Sonoma is the same as a chevy S10 but there has to be some difference. Do you have extended bed, extended cab or locking differential as the call it. I have none of those. Where I live there are steep hills to get up and the S10 has trouble getting up them when it rains. In fact on level roads in the rain going along 25 mph, if I press the accelerator just hard enough to cause a downshift the rear end will break away violently. Do you have the 4.3?.

If you live near Johnston RI, next time it snows maybe you can stop buy for coffee and show me the trick to getting the S10 to go anywhere in the snow. Just down the street and back would impress me.
    Right now I dont think its urgent that the car goes to the dealer or that it would be productive. I can live with the rattle for now and the no start situation has happened 3 times in the 4 months that I have had the car. I have bought 2 vehicles from this dealer but I have never stepped foot inside the place. I think its in Newport or Middletown. The guy lives across the street from my mother. I tell the guy to drop off a car at my mothers. He asks what color? I say any color. He says what do you want in it? I say 4 tires, a steering wheel, and air conditioning. He drops it off, I drive it for a week or two and if it dont break down he tells me how much and I write a check. No dealing with salesman or shopping around. When it come to service I'm in good hands - He simply takes it in for me and brings it back.
  • minn_maxxminn_maxx Member Posts: 51
    Thanks for the idea kurtamaxxguy.

I checked the area you mentioned and I too have a gap. However, the leak I am having is at the top of the door glass seal. It is almost like the glass is pushed up too high, deforming the seal a little bit. I'll have to get it looked at next time I go to the dealer. Thanks again.
  • sacmaxxsacmaxx Member Posts: 1
    This is my first posting on this site. I've been monitoring for a while.

Bought my Maxx end of September. At 32 miles, (got it home, went to work)a sensor for traction control and ABS in wheel hub malfunctioned and the manual indicated it should be towed. It was replaced and for my trouble the dealer sold me extended warranty 6yr/100,000 $0.00 deductible for $1211.00 which is supposed to be cost.

Also having the warped gas tank problem, causing DIC "Check Gas Cap" and check engine light, so I took it in. While there, asked for sunshade reinforcements, and for them to check into why remote start did not work.

Gas tank on order, grounded sensor (in hood??) caused remote start issue also on order, reinforcements on order. Just waiting for parts.

Other than those issues, love the car.

Thank you to e2helper, as I did have to provide the service department with the bulletin number for the gas tank issue.
  • skyhawkskyhawk Member Posts: 126
    The sonoma was an extended cab, locking differential with the 4.3 v6. With the std tranny I controlled the gear. That makes a big difference in a pickup. I also carried 240 lbs of tube sand from Home depot.

My suggestions were designed to aide you in becomming happier with the MAXX. My car came from East Providence. The major issue for me is the 195 bridge when I need service. They appear to be very eager to please me.

My last Chevy was an 65 Impala ss396 with a 4 spd. I would not even start it when the roads were slick.

Good luck with the Maxx
    Ok. Lets get em all out of the way.
    He's not a doctor but he plays one on TV.

Or is it?
    He not an auto technician but he plays one on the internet.
  • e2helpere2helper Member Posts: 1,002
    Hi sacmaxx,

Likely the remote start sensor you are having fixed is the hood switch which is part of the hood latch. It is there to make sure you don't remote start vehicle with the hood open.

I hadn't seen anyone post yet about that part so I thought I would mention it.
  • islandpeteislandpete Member Posts: 94
    e2helper , OK, you were right again :-) They have confirmed the problem as being the "SDM" module that regulates the function of the airbag. They also said that they are trying to locate one and that it may take a week (holiday and all). I just picked up a loaner vehicle, compliments of the dealership at a local rental company(Enterprise). The loaner is a 2005 Impala with 4500 mi. Not at all impressed with it but it is wheels for me right now. My 2004 LT Maxx has it all over this car OMO :-) Thanks again e2helper.BTW gla4601, in response to who is e2helper. Whatever his calling in life is, he has shown much knowledge when it come to answering a lot of our sometimes demanding idiotic questions :-) He has been right on all of my issues. That's why I like to call him the Chairman of the Board :-) Have a great holiday all and gla4601, really hope you finally get a break with your problems. Can't say I blame you for being bitter.
  • maxxlt2004maxxlt2004 Member Posts: 71

11-22-2004, 06:52 PM 2004 malibu maxx lt steering column replaced (Post #1)
    6,300 miles and had to have steering column replaced.

here's the scenario:
    i came home last night and was parking in reverse in my driveway, all of a sudden the yellow wrench sign comes on the dashboard and the radio read the text "steering column". at that point i couldnt turn the car left or right i could only go straight! isn't this dangerous while driving fast speeds on the highway? I took it to the dealer and they replaced the steering column today so I figure this would fix it....WRONG!

As im driving out of the lot I notice that the car is pulling to the right and when i turn the steering wheel left it is really tight and hard to turn left completely, but when you turn right it is very very loose. i took it back to the service advisor who stated they will work on tomrrow and called the sale manager as well who told me he will speak to the service manager in the morning. looks like to me that they didn't even test out the car after replacaing the steering column. 1 more problem with the steering column and i could consider this car a lemon, or is it 4 times. ill check here in WI what the law states.....what a mess on the steering column in general.

anyone else have multiple problems with ther steering column or steering in general on the 2004 maxx's? Will Chevy look at this as a very serious problem especially when the steering wheel locks up when the steering column text and yellow wrecnch sign displays? because you can't turn left or right!!! you can get killed!

any help/feedback is appreciated.....
    .....the dealer sold me extended warranty 6yr/100,000 $0.00 deductible for $1211.00 which is supposed to be cost.

WOW: assuming that is true, Capper's price is $1,870. That shows you how much profit the dealers are getting from the sales of warrantees. I don't know of anyone getting a better price than Capper, so congrats sacmaxx; than is an amazing price!
  • paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    I will let him answer..but I beleive he is an interested GM employee...he had mentioned in the past he was part on the overall design project for the Maxx..but he is here in a totally unofficial capacity.....a wealth of knowledge...and he does seem to pass consumer problems and concerns on to ears that might listen.....just my two cents
  • kurtamaxxguykurtamaxxguy Member Posts: 677
    Glad last post was help wrt rear windows. Also, I have had case where rear window trim "descended" from the top of the window frame and no longer properly mated to the glass. Putting hands around the trim and "squeezing" it back upwards into the door frame appeared to reseat it. Also found one broken piece of bottom window trim on the rear door that I had to glue back into place.
    would/could misalignment of the hood start switch cause problems with REGULAR starting?
    Very well said, pao and a good memory :)
    Nope, hood switch only used for remote start and content theft functions.
  • sgr5516sgr5516 Member Posts: 163
    See post #762 from e2helpher in this discussion. After a steering column change they need to perform a zeroing procedures of the new column. The column has both a torque and handwheel sensor in it that the power steering module needs to "learn". If this was not done, it will affect the "feel" of the steering.

From what I gather from reading these Malibu discussions, many service technicians are not yet familiar with all the new technology designed into this vehicle. With assistance from e2helper, the frequent readers of these discussions know more about how this vehicle works than some dealers. If you bring the info you learn here back to the dealer, it points them in right direction and they usually wind up fixing your problems to your satisfaction.

I believe everyone in this discussion that have had their steering column replaced and correctly calibrated, have not had a repeat steering failures.

My Maxx was built mid Feb 04 and I have not had a steering failure where the wrench light turns on and DIC displays the "steering column" message. I did have 1 episode where steering stopped when my son was repeatedly practicing his parallel parking for his driving test. I think it just overheated. I just let car sit a while, and it worked fine after restarting the engine. Have not had any other problems.

Good luck with your fix.
  • bluedevilsbluedevils Member Posts: 2,554
    "no, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night!"

Good one. I really like those ads.
  • bluedevilsbluedevils Member Posts: 2,554
    Thanks for your continued participation on these forums. Your knowledge is invaluable. With our Maxx, this is the first time I've owned a vehicle for which a knowledgeable corporate employee has participate on the Town Hall forums. You are providing a benefit that money can't buy - a concerned and helpful voice from the manufacturer. I hope folks realize how lucky we are to have you here.
    Thanks bluedevils - My collegues also send me back messages thanking me (really you'll) for the experiences/problems/questions on your vehicles as well. I do occassionally get them riled up - but in a good way :)

I am not sure if I have gotten any of them interested enough to be monitoring edmunds.com directly though :?

Edmunds.com is certainly the most active forum I have found for current body style Malibu and I try to check a couple times a day.

Disclaimer: All unofficial participation from a GM standpoint and just based on my personal interest to help where possible - as pao mentioned ;)

Anyways, how about those Malibu Sedans and Maxxes? :LOL
    Where is this wrench in vehicle light? Is it in the lower left corner of the instrument panel? Is it supposed to light up during going through "run" to "start" mode (normal start up procedure)?

Just making sure it __will__ light up if needed, but am hoping it never does.
    Wrt e2helper post 853, it seems like my Maxx transmission is getting a little "smarter" about how it handles hills with the throttle. With small throttle changes I've seen the proportional mode between 4th and 3rd more often which helps keep the hill driving experience smooth. In this respect the transmission is better than any 4 speed I have driven.

However, at higher freeway speeds that "hard accelerations" (when you need to pass something fast and "stomp" on the gas) take at least a second to register with the transmission before anything happens.
    Yes it is in the lower left portion of the "cluster". The owner's manual shows a somewhat decent picture in section 3.

The original printing of 2004 owner's manual indicated you would get a bulb check of this telltale when you turn ignition ON. This is incorrect. That was fixed in 2nd printing of the manual.

Actually for the 2005 model year the number of reasons this telltale is turned on for has been reduced due to confusion it was causing service technicians and customers. Too many people were calling it the "Check Engine Light". It was also redundant with other telltales and messages showing up in the DIC.
    I think you have a better "feel" for this than me, Kurt. You are using engineering terms that I am not to familiar with. If you start talking about transmission "tizzle" I will know you have insider information ;) - I will pass your comments along.
  • 3chevies3chevies Member Posts: 8
    I have owned 3 chevrolets over 20 years. Never doubted I would always buy chevy, until now. Just bought 04 Malibu Maxx LS (VIN 243166 last 6 #'s). Not really any major problem with it I guess, to be honest, but compared to my last two Chevys this one is stressing me out a little.

I bought it late September 04 and within 2 weeks it had stalled. Ended up being the bad gas tank issue, I have read about on here. I did have trouble filling the tank. The dealer replaced it, and there were no hassles. I was happy again.
    About three weeks later I got the Check Gas Cap warning. So I removed it and put it back on and it went away. It had been days and about 80 miles since I had filled up so I wasn't sure why it came on at such an odd time. I chalked it up to temperature change as it got colder here.
    Now about 2 weeks after that episode the Check Gas Cap warning came back on today. I removed the cap and put it back on and I am still getting the same warning. Again it has been a few days and about 100 miles since I filled up, so I still don't understand why it would happen that many days and miles after the cap had been removed. I even filled up on the way home from work and the warning was still there.
    I plan on getting it into the dealer, but I have been putting it off based on principal. I hate the idea of having a brand new car in the shop twice with only about 1,000 miles on it. But I will take it in. I just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem, especially since the gas tank has already been replaced.

Other thing that has me wondering is the mileage. The computer has been calculating gas mileage of around 23.5 to 25 for day to day travel to and from workabout 12 miles, rural roads. Very happy with that number. But.... I reset the computer trip miles and mileage every time I fill up and I am calculating, what I consider, fairly lesser numbers when I fill up. I manually calculate 21.5. Not a bad number but one week the computer calculated 23.5 and I calced 21.5 and the next week the computer did 25 and I calced 21.5 again. My calc was the same and the computer said I was getting better mileage. I even was intentionally driving very cautiously to improve the milage so I was expecting to see an improvement. I was hoping to get 23 with my calc and just live with the fact that the computer calcs higher. But I didn't see the improvement I was expecting.
    When I first got the car I was going to a station I have been going to for a long time and the manual calc was the same as the computer within 0.5mpg. Then we got a new station with alot cheaper gas so I started going there and that is when the difference showed up. One visit there I would understand the difference, but I have filled up there three times and the calc has been the same. The gallons I put in match exactly to the reading on the fuel gauge. The gauge says half a tank and I put in almost exactly 8 gallons. If the pump is shutting off early the manual calc would get worse if more gas went in. Assuming their pumps are shutting off the same each fill up, the following visits should have went back to matching the computer number.
    I plan on going back to the original station next fill up to see if fixes the problem. But the logic says the new station numbers should work themselves out after a few fill ups if the pumps were different then the old station.

Could the check gas cap have an effect on the mileage? The first warning light came on before I started using the new station and the mileage dropped after the first warning light came on.
    Hi 3chevies,

Your vehicle was built 06/02/04. With the new fuel tank when you fill tank is the gage reading "F"? And once it reads "F" is it staying there for a while or does it seem to move off "F" fairly quick (in less than 20 miles, for example)?

I know that is likely what you were experiencing on the vehicle originally so I am probably expecting that it is no longer the case but wanted to check. If it is still occuring it might point to gas tank again.

The "Check Fuel Cap" message is coming on because the diagnostic system is doing a check of fuel system vapor pressure and finding the system is not passing. Typically the most common reason is that the gas cap is not tight which is why the message comes up. It helps avoid customer going back to dealer for a simiple cause.

I know that once that message comes on it does take a while for it to go away because the system has to hit the conditions again for it to run another test.

Since it has happened to you a couple times it is probably worthwhile to have dealer check system again to make sure nothing wrong with gas cap itself and that all connections are secure.

In regards to fuel economy reading in DIC vs. manual calculation I am sure other others will chime in with their experiences.
  • 3chevies3chevies Member Posts: 8
    Hi e2helper, thanks

The gas gauge works alot better then it did with the old tank. It goes to F and stays there. Although I think it still comes off faster then my last car, it definitley stays there for a lot longer then it did with the bad tank. With the bad tank, I couldn't put the expected amount of gas in the tank based on the gauge. Since the replaement I have been surprised how accurate the gauge is in predicting how much gas I fill up with. My last car seemed alot more variable.

I am pretty sure I put the cap on tight enough. I usually turn it a couple audible clicks when I put it back on.

In regards to fuel economy, although the DIC is handy, I think, especially in my case, it is too much info, and I over react to it. If it wasn't there I would be happy with my manual calcs of 21.5 mpg based on my driving habits.

Thanks for your quick response. Just having an overall bad day yesterday and needed to vent.
  • 37453745 Member Posts: 152
    I'm happy with my DIC fuel calculation - it seems to be correct. I think it's pretty accurate because the calculations for the computer are simple. Fixed fuel pressure, length of time injectors are open hence amount of fuel that is injected, road speed. This will give you an instantaneous fuel consumption read out.

I would rather suspect a gas station pump that's not accurate.
  • occkingoccking Member Posts: 346
    I have posted on this board several times RE gas mileage. Just a few miles shy of 20,000 and the gas mileage has been remarkably consistent. When I have the time I will add up all the gas I have put in the car since I got it (I am fastidious about doing that--keep track of every gallon of gas I have put in any car I have ever owned (going on 40 years). Don't ask me why I do that, but I do! I would gas the the average mpg for the Maxx has been around 26 - 26. For mostly highway driving have been averaging 28.5 to 31. The computer is usually about 2 mpg higher than actual, and the overage has been very consistent. So far, only one time was my actual mpg a little less than 20, but that was a period in which I did little highway travel. A lot of running around short hauls. Other than that, have never gotten a combined mileage of less than 22 or 23.
  • mr_botsmr_bots Member Posts: 236
    Got my first oil change in my LS Sedan yesterday at 3500 miles. I got 10 free oil changes when I bought the car, but not very happy with their service, it took almost an hour and when I asked them to look up whether the 3 recalls had been performed while it was on the lot and which they didn't seem happy to do because she assured me that none had been issued on the Malibu's but when she found that the recalls on my car were still open she said that they must have been recently posted, I don't remember the exact dates, but on my own research it showed the most recent one was posted in June. Scheduled for Friday and will have them check out two rattles, one that sounds like maybe the front left strut is loose, and one in the passenger seat when its empty, anyone else have these rattles? were they solved? Also, I'm half expected the power steering to go out before too long because of the early build date, Dec 03. But overall still happy with my purchase. Just a few first year gremlins.
    mr_bots: please let me know what they say about the front driver's side (strut) rattle. I have that too. Thanks very much in advance.
  • waitinginsfwaitinginsf Member Posts: 5
    Hi,
    I noticed that my new M Max 2004 falls backwards. This happens when we are on a hill going up, on drive mode and not toching the peddals.

Is this normal? I would expect it to move slowy up the hill on its onw.
  • townhometownhome Member Posts: 104
    That's an unsual feeling for an automatic isn't it? My Maxx does that too. Kinda freaked me out the first time, but now I'm use to it. I just figured that the transmission doesn't have a lot of "creep" built into it. I guess they designed it like that for a reason.
    ...probably to save on gas, by keeping the idle down. The low idle (as some have described it in the past) is set to a level which narrowly borders on a stall. As a result, it makes sense that the Bu rolls backwards on hills.
    Thanks for the reply. Everything seems to be working fine after the fix. I noticed a bit pulling to the left, but maybe that's because it was a bit windy when I got my Malibu back from the dealer.

Have to go back tomorrow to have them replace a part in the 6 cd in dash changer, cd's get stuck and wont play sometime....

will keep everyone posted!
  • jess33jess33 Member Posts: 13
    Hi e2helper-
    Just a few questions. I have an o4 Maxx LT build date 4/04. Last six of the VIN 204893
    Currently has about 9,500 mi.

A previous post alluded to 3 recalls, I have only had one addressed re: a seat belt clip. Are there 3 recalls?

I have experienced the transmission howl, I refer it to a "whoop" since driving it off the lot. The service techs look at me like I have three heads when I ask them to look up technical/service bulletins on the vehicle, and then tell me there are none. Is this an issue that should be addressed or is it just an annoying sound? I am apprehensive to have the transmission torn apart if it's not needed. I also have the 100,000 mi. warranty, I guess I could take a wait and see attitude.

I also have the rough idle issue, no help from the dealer, they claim to know nothing of the bulletins. I am concerned about the steering column, is this applicable to my vehicle? No issues w/ it but I want to be aware if it pertains to my build date.

So far, other than these small issues, I love the car, my kids enjoy it w/ the DVD, it has all the bells and whistles. We'll see how it does this winter in Massachusetts. Any feedback you could give me on this build date and any service bulletins out there would be appreciated. It helps as a woman to go into the dealer w/ my ducks in a row, being able to refer to actual documents. Thanks!!
    Specific date is 04/05/04

Those "campaigns" (recalls) only affected certain vehicles and your vehicle was built after all but the seat belt clip one was implemented for production. That is why you hadn't heard of others - with respect to your vehicle.

I don't have any practical experience on the transmission howl (other "REAL" owners please help out here with your experiences/descriptions of sound and when it happens to see if you agree that jess33 is describing what you have heard - esp. those that had it fixed). My "gut" says it is only an annoying sound. Your vehicle likely falls within the range defined by Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) 04-07-30-21A. It does require the transaxle to be pulled to service which is a pretty big job (IMHO).

In regards to rough idle, I would suggest you ask them to look up TSB #04-06-04-080 (PCM reflash) and confirm it is applicable to your vehicle (I am sure that it is).

Your vehicle was built well AFTER the steering column change was made.

I am not sure how your dealer looks up TSBs but hopefully with these specific TSB numbers in hand they can find them. Dealers do have the "help desk" consultants at the Technical Assistance Center available to help them out if they are running into issues finding required information. Those folks have a lot of information available at their fingertips to assist dealer technicians and service managers.
  • joe3891joe3891 Member Posts: 759
    I had the howl, build date 3-04, had the chain and sprockets replaced. Not a bad job in a dealer shop with a trained Tech. The Julian date on the trans that it applied to is about 12-15 03 to 4-26-04 so I believe yours is one, it does howl. BTW the trans has been going great, no more issues. I have the Sedan, great car, I like the electric steering, to me its seamless.

e2helper My # 192274 is that ok on the steering torque sensor grease contamination issue. thanks
    Specifically your date is 03/16/04.

Yes, this vehicle built after the steering column update per information from GM on NHTSA site.
  • jess33jess33 Member Posts: 13
    Thank you e2helper!! That is all invaluable information for me! I will continue to watch this message board. I am certainly seeing more Maxx's out there, and I do love this vehicle. I think I'll wait and see w/ the tranny howl, I'm covered to 100,000 mi. I feel better knowing that I shouldn't have the steering issue w/ my car. Thanks again :-)
  • mr_botsmr_bots Member Posts: 236
    I just picked up my Malibu from the dealer, they performed the ABS reprogram, and the new airbag stickers for the sun visors, but they had to order the clips for the seat belt recall. Also the rattling passenger seat wasn't solved, they said they couldn't hear it (only happens going down my drive-way when its cold outside) But they claimed to have found the rattling that sounded like a strut was loose, which was the steering assembly, so maybe I'll get two birds with one stone here and not have to worry about it going out soon if they're replacing it now.
    e2helper, I just spent about 30 min. looking for a post I think I read yesterday. You had gathered together a list of all the TSB's for the 'Bu and put them in one post, didn't you? I was going to print it out but now I can't find it. Your help is appreciated!
    thanks mr_bots. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to post back. Please let me know if the front "strut" rattle disappears as you drive it over the next few weeks. Have a great weekend!!
    Sorry for the hidden info (LOL).

It took me a while to find as well

Post #4331 (last one) in Chevrolet Malibu forum is where you will find it.

I was a little leery of putting out that amount of information but hope it helps you.
  • prdmprdm Member Posts: 145
    From the end user consumer point of view please don't ever hesitate to put out any information that contributes to a better understanding of these vehicles. If it's an internal corporate issue I, for one, promise not to tell!
    Thank you for your input.
    Well I guess TSBs (at least the number and title) are pretty much in the public domain since alldata.com (Autozone) and NHTSA site post them - although quite a time lag on when posted. Alldata currently only shows a very short list of TSBs thru April 2004 (7-8 months ago) while NHTSA shows a more complete list of them up to beginning of June 2004 (5-6 months ago) but its site a pain to navigate. There are a couple other places that I see TSBs available at but I am sure others might have their favorites?
    I'm getting in the habit of thanking you e2helper! That list is very helpful since I am actually going to have time to get my 1st service soon. I'm sorry to make you search for it since it was right in front of my face the whole time! Doh!
  • avantiavanti Member Posts: 27
    I'm planning on ordering a Maxx in spring, after a quick trip to Chicago Auto Show to make sure I've looked at every car available!
      The LS is mostly fine for my family but I would like to add two LT features: Homelink and the passenger-side visor with the illuminated vanity mirror. Assuming buying these from GM is not price- prohibative, are they likely to be plug-and-play (or close to)? If wiring for the Homelink panel (the same part has the moonroof switch too, I believe) is already there, for example, that one may be really easy. Any chance there is unused wiring buried in the headliner for the passenger visor? Or buried wires for the LT's autodimming mirror so I could just plug-in an aftermarket autodimmer/compass? For some reason the dealerships are not good at answering questions like these...
    here the latest on the steering problems on my 2004 maxx lt which is fully loaded:

1st visit to service:
    yellow wrench light on and steering locked up.

2nd visit to service:
    dealer replaced steering column, gave me the car back. problem now was that i couldnt even turn the steering wheel left only right.

3rd visit to service:
    when i accelerate the steering wheel turns left as far as about 10 o'clock on clock for example. i test it out without holding the wheel just to see what happens and i tested it out on 10 different streets where all of them are flat.

what would you in my case? would you ask for an exchange or would you allow them to fix it for a 3rd time and risk possible more problems?

as they say once a problem always a problem. it has 6,900 miles on it and in perfect shape. do you think the dealer would allow an exchange for the same or entirely different auto. i was also consdering the Equinox.

let me know.
    I can answer the question, avanti. But the news is not good :(

Wiring for the headliner on this vehicle is incredibly proliferated by all of the optional stuff you are asking about - no wiring is given away for Homelink, passenger visor mirror or autodimming rear view mirror, so if you got an LS you wouldn't find these wires available for you to add the content. Each of these features only add a few wires (passenger illuminated mirror=2 wires, Homelink = 3 wires, autodimming mirror = 3 wires). Each also requires a "wiring connector" to plug into the components.

The only slight good news I can give you is the the wiring required for those functions is ONLY lacking from the headliner "harness" which plugs into the rear fuse center in left rear corner of vehicle.