Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

4K Over MSRP?

golf2mkvgolf2mkv Member Posts: 1
edited January 2016 in Ram
today i stopped by a bay area RAM dealer, they are selling the RAM Rebel 4K over MSRP. The MSRP for the truck was 53K, but they ask for 57K. Is this normal? i thought it was totally crazy. They also have a black 2016 Charger Scatpack asking 9K over MSRP...

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I didn't option one up, but a RAM Rebel 4x4 is running close to invoice for both a Chattanooga area zip code and a zip in San Fran. TMV is based on actual selling prices although the number of sales is probably still low at the moment. That can skew the TMV numbers.

Think I'd ask for some more quotes within ~100 miles or more of your location.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,319
    Dealers are free to express their first amendment rights by asking whatever they want as a selling price. As a consumer, you are free to run, not walk, to another dealership and strike a better deal.

That said, there have been many times over the years where limited supply has driven up transaction prices for those who want to be the first on the block with something new - first gen Miata, PT Cruiser, Hellcats, the new Mustang GT350, pretty much all Ferraris and Lamborghinis, etc.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Just sit tight until the pipeline fills up, and then name your price.