Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Destination fee

swuellingswuelling Posts: 1
edited January 2016 in General
I just bought a CPO 2014 Honda Pilot. We did not have a great experience but after reviewing our final documents I have a question. Is it common to have a destination fee added to a used car price? We were charged $890 for the destination fee but the car was on the lot and they didn't get it from anywhere. I just wondered if this was typical practice or if we got screwed?

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 119,734
    swuelling said:

I just bought a CPO 2014 Honda Pilot. We did not have a great experience but after reviewing our final documents I have a question. Is it common to have a destination fee added to a used car price? We were charged $890 for the destination fee but the car was on the lot and they didn't get it from anywhere. I just wondered if this was typical practice or if we got screwed?

No.. not typical.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 64,490
    edited January 2016
    The only time I have seen this is when the customer requests a car from another city, like when you buy from Hertz or Carmax and they have to bring your car in from elsewhere.

In your case, being a CPO I presume it is a) used; b) from a regular car dealer, so yeah, you were scammed.

Why don't you raise a little hell about this? Or better yet, take it to your local TV station---they love stories like this.