Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Destination fee

swuellingswuelling Member Posts: 1
edited January 2016 in General
I just bought a CPO 2014 Honda Pilot. We did not have a great experience but after reviewing our final documents I have a question. Is it common to have a destination fee added to a used car price? We were charged $890 for the destination fee but the car was on the lot and they didn't get it from anywhere. I just wondered if this was typical practice or if we got screwed?

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,725
    swuelling said:

I just bought a CPO 2014 Honda Pilot. We did not have a great experience but after reviewing our final documents I have a question. Is it common to have a destination fee added to a used car price? We were charged $890 for the destination fee but the car was on the lot and they didn't get it from anywhere. I just wondered if this was typical practice or if we got screwed?

No.. not typical.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited January 2016
    The only time I have seen this is when the customer requests a car from another city, like when you buy from Hertz or Carmax and they have to bring your car in from elsewhere.

In your case, being a CPO I presume it is a) used; b) from a regular car dealer, so yeah, you were scammed.

Why don't you raise a little hell about this? Or better yet, take it to your local TV station---they love stories like this.