Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti QX56 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• suv_searchsuv_search Member Posts: 10
    Yes, the auto up/down feature is in the front (driver and passenger).

Also, does anyone know if it is possible to directly connect your Ipod (or in my case Zune) to the QX's stereo system? The dealer mentioned yes, but I haven't figured that out yet. I know there is a compact flash connection, but what about direct USB connection of the Zune.

Thanks In Advance
  • eagle34eagle34 Member Posts: 22
    Gave them the mdx and 40k. That was 14400 for the mdx (wife's car with dings and kid's wear and tear) After 7% tax and 1500 rebate off the invoice of 53100 roughly, we settled at 40k difference. I started at the mdx+38k and they countered at mdx+42k. Got the dark grey with black interior. Gotta have the black with the kids.
    Also drove the land cruiser (couldn't justify lack of space with value) and we drove a denali (piece of junk and I'm an old gm loyalist). Thought about the Armada but the Nissan dealer in our area is a dive and unfortunately my wife was spoiled with the Acura service. This is why I picked the Q over the Armada, besides the obvious differences. Probably could've saved 8000 or so but after 25 years of marriage you learn the importance of keeping the wife happy. Love the Q, good power and as nice as the GL450.
  • keg97keg97 Member Posts: 189
    I'm pretty close to you and may end up having to go up to your area to buy if I have to since I'm in Hampton Roads, VA.

We plan on getting a 4WD with Technology Package (I love the laser cruise) and the DVD package. My plan is to pay invoice minus whatever incentives they have going...which would be the 1750 plus the sweet interest rate.

Eagle...your impressions of the other vehicles are much like ours. I really wanted to like the Sequoia, but just like you said, can't justify that interior (or warranty or dealer) for the same price as a QX (or Denali/Escalade, GL, etc.). I'd love to cheap out and go Armada....the brain says that is where the value is, but my heart (and more importantly the wife) says she wants more of the luxury. Interestingly, I also have an Acura TSX and brought home the MDX as a loaner this past summer. I was hoping that the wife liked it as much as I did (I like sporty compared to big and trucky), but we both agreed that it was not nearly as large as we would have thought, considering that it was larger than the Gen 1 MDX. If I had to get a 3 row SUV though for me and my driving style, that would be my first and last drive....MDX loaded! My wife is pregnant now and we were a bit scared for a couple of week period btwn ultrasounds that she was having twins. I was hyperventilating over having to lose my car/getting something larger and paying for another mouth. I had only budgeted for one baby :)
    Our 03 Mdx was a nice ride coming from a 99 Suburban. As time went on with the Mdx we got tired of the road noise and torque steer associated with unibody front wheel drive cars. Road noise in the mdx was worse than my son's 06 4runner. We just wanted something a little bigger and smoother riding. Wife thought the new mdx was too small inside. I liked it but did hear a lot of the same road noise I had from the 03. Drove a Denali (wouldn't be caught dead in an Escalade) what a piece of junk. Dash rattles galore, sloppy handling, poor third row seating, typical gm hunting and pecking tranny, camaro exhaust note. Looked at the landcruiser but third row seats and lack of value killed that. Looked at GL 450, 65k and no dvd or rear air, not even sure if it had real leather. Wanted to like the Sequoia because I love my new Tundra but couldn't justify paying 58k for the same interior that I have in my work truck. What was Toyota thinking? I looked at it this way. Toyota>Lexus,
    Nissan>Infiniti. I'm getting the Infiniti for less than the Toyota and it's as nice or nicer than a Lexus. Little things add up too, like 3yrs free sat radio. Best value and nicest suv out there.
  • mlevinemlevine Member Posts: 581
    I debated about waiting but obtained QX56 4x4 with DVD. Had seqouia trade as part of the deal. Similar deal to Eagle with 40,000 left to finance. By the way was at the infiniti dealer to 11:30PM on 1/2/2008 to make the deal.
    You guys have had your QX's for a couple of days now, right? How do you like them?
    Very pleased thus far. Nav system is even better than Acura was. Smart key is cool so is having power folding third row and power liftgate. Enjoying the bluetooth and very quiet interior. Power is nice. Ride is incredibly smooth. Heated steering wheel has been nice on cold nights and kids have enjoyed rear heated seats. Nice to have peace of mind with longer than normal warranty and we have free oil changes for life as well. Did you buy yet keg?
    Have been in the QX56 only once. I drove home the night of 1/2/2008. Great ride and luxury. Highly recommend this vehicle especially when traveling with family. I believe many individuals will choose QX56 over both cadillac escalade and toyota sequoia. I hope this helps in your decision.
    Not yet :(
    I'm getting some things done on my trade in first. My father backed into it last week so it is has been getting some body work done. Then I need to get the windshield changed out and get the Blose CD changed fixed. That is all ok though b/c I'm likely to want to wait and see what February incentives end up like. I don't "need" the QX until March-ish when my wife delivers the next baby. We both are not looking forward to payments either! It is amazing how that is such a psychological barrier when you don't make any car payments. I used to think that folks were full of BS when they said that, but tightwad me is feeling it first hand :)

I'm glad to hear that you both like it though!
    Wish I had the time to wait for deals but Mdx was definitely on the fritz. Congrats to you and the wife, good luck! Enjoy them while they're young I just sent my 20 year old back to college after the break. Time flies!
  • utvols1utvols1 Member Posts: 16
    Sounds like you guys are enjoying the QX. Hey Keg, my wife currently has the MDX. We are planning on keeping it and trading my car in. That said, how would you compare the two? I realize they are totally different class, but are you just as comfortable in the QX as you were in the MDX?

Also, how have you all felt about the gas for the QX? How much does it costs to fill it up? Do you have to use 93 octane?

Lastly, can anyone provide an updated price and/or anything you've heard for the February and March incentives?

Thanks!
    First tank on the QX got 14 mpg all stop and go. We'll probably use 89 octane. My tundra actually gets 16 on 89 octane. We liked the Mdx and I liked the 08 but she felt it was too cramped inside. It is cramped when the four of us travel 6.5 hours but my son and I are over 6'. The QX is much more comfortable inside. My sister was nearly killed in July in a broadside collison. Spent a month in the hospital. She's better now but it has us thinking bigger might be better and my wife felt we sat kind of low in the mdx. I wouldn't drive the QX into a corner as fast as I would in the mdx but that's not why I bought it either. I have other rides I do that with. I drove almost every suv out there besides caddy or anything ford and truly believe this is the best thing we could've bought for our needs. By the way thanks for putting that spanking on UGA this year! I've lived in Atlanta all my life and can't stand these dawg fans around here.
    Thanks Eagle. All good points and I think they are in alignment with our selection thoughts. I am trying to get the local dealer to move a little on the sales price. I hope to be in one by month end.

As far as the Vols go, I think UGA had the last laugh, but it is always nice to play in the SEC championship.

Many thanks!
    I'll concur with Eagle on the MDX v QX. Two totally different vehicles with space and drive being the biggest differences. For some reason, the new MDX just feels cramped to me, if that were my primary family hauler. Yet it drives just like a sporty sedan....to me it felt like a TL that was just a bit taller. Again, if I had to get a 3 row something, I'd get the MDX, hands down. The 3rd row is fine for adults for short periods, but nothing more. The QX is more of a larger "take your time and enjoy the comforts" drive while MDX is more of a "gotta get lots o folks in here but I'm still driving a sporty sedan" vehicle. Bad descriptor, but the best that I can do tonight!

Here is one last thought on the QX....I took my wife to drive the Mercedes GL450 first of anything that we looked at. We both very much liked it (hard not too)...drives very nicely and has that solid, German feel. We next drove straight to Nissan and she drove the Armada (which is the same as the QX) and I could not believe it, but she preferred the 'Mada. Why? Larger, taller, more open, and very similar to our Pathfinder. Even not considering price, she liked the Armada more. You're talking a 50K sticker to a 70K sticker.

After hearing that, I knew that she'd love the QX since it is the Armada with more luxuries (nicer leather, real wood, HID lights, etc.) and she did. Nothing has unseated the QX since then...
    Went in the QX56 for the second time tonight. I was the passenger this time. Handles nice and many luxurious features. Still learning about all the bells and whistles. I recommend this vehicle to those still interested. My wife, myself and one son are all very tall( the other son is still growing), and the QX56 is extremely roomy.
    Totally off topic, but you will love Dave Clawson as your new OC at UT. I'm a Richmond grad and have loved how DC has turned around the program, adapted the O to meet his personnel and ran a first class operation, emphasizing academics and good character. Congrats....

Now, back to our regular QX programming :)
    Just got an email from my Infiniti dealer that they have dropped the APR a percent to 1.9 over 3 yrs or 2.9 over 5 years. No word on what the rebate is...
    This was on the QX, FX, G coupe and sedan, and I think the M.
  • monkeyshiftmonkeyshift Member Posts: 87
    Any word on the leases? :)
    ^^^^ No but the rebate dropped to 1500 (instead of 1750)
    Does not look like there are any lease deals through March. Sorry :(
    Is that rebate good towards leases?
    I actually was mistaken. I saw that last night Infiniti had added the lease deals to their website. Looks like the same 639/659 deals on the 2WD/4WD models.
  • robertrobert Member Posts: 14
    Hi all, Edmunds shows $1500 rebate and 1.9/2.9 financing but I don't see it anywhere else including my loca dealers website. Is this true? other websites don't mention as well, but Edmunds has as starting 1/31. Anyone else see it elsewhere are at dealer? I know old incentives ended 2/4 I think......thanks
    Yes, the infiniti website says the same thing. :shades:
    Yup...plus at least 2 dealers that I'm talking to are offering the 2.9 over 63 months, not just 60 months
    Keg97,
    what discounts are you seeing off MSRP?
    I've gotten 500 over invoice and then take off the 1500
    Thanks. And sorry, last question, but I can't find the invoice on Edmunds or KBB (it just says Not Available) for an AWD MSRP 58,065...
    No problem on the questions....that is why we all come here!

Figure that invoice is abt 5K off from your sticker. My sticker is 59301 and I've been working from roughly 54K as an invoice.

You must not be getting the Tech package, eh? That is a must have for us...I'd pay 1K just for the front sonar system so my garage door lives to see next year! The intelligent cruise control is just icing on the cake...although that too is quite nice. I can actually see myself using that a good bit, especially on our late night road trips to Hilton Head.
    I actually would like the tech package, but I want a really good deal and I don't feel like the dealers will be willing to discount as much on a loaded black/ black AWD with the tech as the other more 'available' choices. I may be wrong. I'll let you know!

Thanks!
    I'd say go for it...it is only another grand and I can't imagine the dealers not wanting to wring another sale out, whether for a fully loaded QX or an almost loaded QX. My perception (and that is all that it is) is that the Tech package is becoming much more available. Apparently there was a production issue early in the model run and no Techs were produced until August/Sept. Production has been getting ramped up from there, I think as I see many more Techs are available now than in later CY07.

My QX that I'm currently waiting on is due on 2/25 so it is a "new" build. I like that since I'll be the only driver of it and it may have gotten a bit better built than the early run '08 models. I bought a later run '04 TSX (brand new model at the time) and I had no issues that some of the early run buyers had. My assumption is that manufactors iron out some minor build issues as they go.

Good luck and keep us posted!
    You're right, and if I'm going to shell out all that money, what's another grand. (I'd probably pay that hitting something when parking without it...) Did you order your QX and if so, how long will it take? Also, did you agree upon the price before you ordered it?
    Perfect logic! I'm already looking at a clear bra to put on the front bumper. I have it on my other car and it has been great. I don't think that I'll get the fenders and part of the hood done b/c the QX sits up so much higher and I'm not thrilled with the how well the clear bra "fits" on the body panels.

I've got what I call an agreement in principle. The dealership gave me a buyers order for a QX that is due to the dealership in 2 weeks. Once I told me what I wanted exactly, they looked to see what was inbound and one just so happened to be due in 2 weeks. So we never talked about ordering one. I'd imagine that they'd have tried to dealer trade before ordering. I'm glad that it is working out this way b/c I'll be the only one to drive it and I won't need to fight the fight of having a dealer trade flat-bedded in, instead of driven down. We did a dealer trade for one of our last vehicles and on the 150 mile trip in, it caught a rock and got a nasty gash on the hood. The dealership was great and exchanged the hood for another same colored vehicle, but I was not thrilled at having "body" work done on a brand new vehicle. I've had no issues on that work, but still....it just is not right!

The buyers order includes a VIN number and a clear accounting of the price. I also put a grand down for a deposit. That is on my amex so I know that I can get that back easily. I'm still conversing w/a few dealers to see if they'll beat my price by a good bit. I won't switch dealerships for a couple hundred bucks. That is not worth it to me, considering that my dealership is the closest to me (abt 30 miles) and they have treated me well so far.
  • lykourinoulykourinou Member Posts: 67
    My QX that I'm currently waiting on is due on 2/25 so it is a "new" build. I like that since I'll be the only driver of it and it may have gotten a bit better built than the early run '08 models. I bought a later run '04 TSX (brand new model at the time) and I had no issues that some of the early run buyers had. My assumption is that manufactors iron out some minor build issues as they go.

I agree that is why it's not a good idea to purchase/lease a vehicle that is the first model year like the 04 QX. It took Infiniti some time to iron out the problems and I believe that they have completely done so. They might have come up with the perfect SUV. I think that they have, it is much more luxurious than the Escalade. I love the QX, I was torn between getting my mom that or the Escalade. QX56 wins hands down.
    Good to hear...what did you get her? That is a helluva gift for Mom!!!
    Congrats keg you're going to love the Q.
    We're looking forward to it....going out tomorrow to finalize the deal. We should take delivery on 2/25
    Finalized our deal....1200 under invoice (including the rebate)
    Delivery is scheduled for 2/25
    Keg - If you don't mind me asking, what is your final sales price going to be?

I have an offer from a dealer for '08 QX with 4x4 and DVD for $49,890. I've countered with $48,900.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
    Congrats Keg, great deal! Did you buy or lease it?
    Dang...that is a great deal.

My MSRP- 59301
    My Deal- 53200 plus TTR

I am also getting the $400 interior protection package since I have 2 young kids and the wheat interior is pretty light. I'm a wee bit concerned that the policy does not mention covering "juices" but I can just pass everything off as a "soda" that is covered.
    Buy...we drive waaaay too much to lease (20K/year). We're going to take advantage of the 2.9 rate over 63 months...don't ask me why it is 63 months.

I'm currently shopping for extras. I'll definitely get a cargo carpet protector. We're also going to get some parts of the truck clear bra-ed (probably just the bumper and headlights and perhaps the door sills) We'll also tint the front windows to VA legal limits of 50%
    Post pics on the nico site!
    Yes Sir! Gladly :)
    Keg,

What part of VA are you in? I'm in Northern VA. I am talking to a deaer in AZ abou the deal that I mentioned earlier and am discussing option of them shippng the truck to me.
    Hampton Roads, but I also had a very similar deal with Passport in DC. I was working with Tommy Smith. I got in touch w/him through Costco since his dealership is the closest Infiniti/Costco one to me. I can check my records, but I want to say that he was offering 500 over invoice and then take the 1500 off that so a net price of 1000 under invoice.

I also was working with Pearson in Richmond and he was willing to match the deal that I ended up accepting and deliver to my house. I went with my local dealer (but still 40 miles away) since they had come so very close to Passport's price with minimal effort. But Passport was my best price and he offered that price right up front, but I'm not sure if that was only b/c we're Costco executive members.

Let me know if you need direct contact info....I'm more than happy to help!
  • robertrobert Member Posts: 14
    thanks to all on this site. I ended up trading in 05 for an 08 with DVD no tech pkg as I didn't want. I got 53,500 and the 1500 off that, invoice was 53,200. I got that in CA, land of higher prices and they accepted that first offer, made me think I coulda done a little better, but I'm satisfied. As for the vehicle, it's a much better build than my previous, and interior controls are 1000% better. Much superior inside to the earlier. Consumer reports still can't rate the reliability any better as the history isn't there, but I can tell this will be much superior.
    Congrats! What color?
    How much for trade in and what kind of mileage?
  • a4caba4cab Member Posts: 6
    Hi, looking to acquire a 2008 QX56 w/tech. pkg and DVD entertainment pkg. The dealership in Nashua NH has offered me the following deal:
    39X15 = $898 Due on Delivery $1819
    36X15 = $933 Due on Delivery $1854
    24X15 = $1052 Due on Delivery $1973
    24 months MF 0.00049 Residual 63%
    36 months MF 0.00112 Residual 53%
    39 months MF 0.00128 Residual 52%

This does not seem very aggressive pricing to me based on what I have been reading here at edmunds. Any advice and or help would be greatly appreceated! Thanks!!!!!!!!
    No, doesn't seem aggressive. Find out what they're discounting the truck. You should be able to get them down to at least 500 over invoice, which I believe on that truck is 54,687 (invoice is 54,187 on a 59,110 MSRP) and your 39 month payment should be lower than it currently is.