2015 BMW i3 lease deal / MSRP ?

karensfkarensf Member Posts: 10
edited February 2016 in BMW
I test drove a BMW i3 loaded with range extender yesterday at SF BMW. (Sticker $55k). Wonderful car, but I don't think I was getting a great deal. Considering these are 2015 models and the 2016's are already on the lot, what is a reasonable expected percentage off of MSRP? Is 18-20+% or higher on these vehicles out of the question? Essentially these are 1 year old cars... The final number I was given was 13-14% off MSRP, but I am not convinced that was really a good deal. Thoughts?
Tagged:

Comments

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,287
    karensf said:

    I test drove a BMW i3 loaded with range extender yesterday at SF BMW. (Sticker $55k). Wonderful car, but I don't think I was getting a great deal. Considering these are 2015 models and the 2016's are already on the lot, what is a reasonable expected percentage off of MSRP? Is 18-20+% or higher on these vehicles out of the question? Essentially these are 1 year old cars... The final number I was given was 13-14% off MSRP, but I am not convinced that was really a good deal. Thoughts?

    Probably best to check the dedicated i3 lease thread ....

    http://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/33950/bmw/i3/2015-bmw-i3-lease-questions#latest

    Good pricing info to be found from others.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • hongbx8hongbx8 Member Posts: 12
    I am about to lease i3 REX.
    I got the following offer. 
    MSRP: $52,245 
    cash due: $6,000
    monthly: $285
    30 month / 10k miles 
    This include all taxes(CA), fees, registrations, etc. 


    I plan to counter offer $6000 / $275 for 36/12. 
    Is it reasonable to get?

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,287
    hongjik said:

    I am about to lease i3 REX.
    I got the following offer. 
    MSRP: $52,245 
    cash due: $6,000
    monthly: $285
    30 month / 10k miles 
    This include all taxes(CA), fees, registrations, etc. 


    I plan to counter offer $6000 / $275 for 36/12. 
    Is it reasonable to get?

    You don't want to negotiate the payment; you want to negotiate the selling price, before taking into account the large incentives that are available.

    Second, we do not recommend putting any money down on a lease to lower the price - that money would be lost if the car is stolen or totaled during the lease. Instead, consider using multiple security deposits to lower the money factor.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • hongbx8hongbx8 Member Posts: 12
    Thanks Michaell. 
    I will ask further question on 2016 thread. 
  • kxc2622kxc2622 Member Posts: 44
    Looking for some assistance on residual values and MF for June for one of my friends. I believe monthly is around $340 including taxes. This is for Kansas City, MO.

    2015 fully loaded i3
    36 months / 10k

    MSRP - 55345
    Dealer Discount - $8500 (dealer loaner car)
    Dealer has passed on the $7500 lease credit and $2k build out allowance
    Adjusted cap cost - $38871 (base cost = $37345 + $925 acquisition fee, $599 dealer fee, $2.5 title fee)
    MF - 0.00178

    Monthly - $339.42 with taxes, $297 before taxes.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,906
    kxc2622 said:

    Looking for some assistance on residual values and MF for June for one of my friends. I believe monthly is around $340 including taxes. This is for Kansas City, MO.

    2015 fully loaded i3
    36 months / 10k

    MSRP - 55345
    Dealer Discount - $8500 (dealer loaner car)
    Dealer has passed on the $7500 lease credit and $2k build out allowance
    Adjusted cap cost - $38871 (base cost = $37345 + $925 acquisition fee, $599 dealer fee, $2.5 title fee)
    MF - 0.00178

    Monthly - $339.42 with taxes, $297 before taxes.

    .00138 MF and 58% residual.

    I get $314/mo.+tax with that CAP cost and the .00178 MF (marked up the max).
    $286/mo. with the base MF.

    Considering the huge incentives, they can do a lot better with a 30 month lease. Residuals are 6% higher, and those huge incentives are amortized over few pay,ments, making for a bigger monthly discount.

    $50-$60 per month less on a 30 month term... I'm surprised the dealer didn't suggest it.

    Also, a demo should have a residual reduction to account for the current mileage.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kxc2622kxc2622 Member Posts: 44
    kyfdx said:

    kxc2622 said:

    Looking for some assistance on residual values and MF for June for one of my friends. I believe monthly is around $340 including taxes. This is for Kansas City, MO.

    2015 fully loaded i3
    36 months / 10k

    MSRP - 55345
    Dealer Discount - $8500 (dealer loaner car)
    Dealer has passed on the $7500 lease credit and $2k build out allowance
    Adjusted cap cost - $38871 (base cost = $37345 + $925 acquisition fee, $599 dealer fee, $2.5 title fee)
    MF - 0.00178

    Monthly - $339.42 with taxes, $297 before taxes.

    .00138 MF and 58% residual.

    I get $314/mo.+tax with that CAP cost and the .00178 MF (marked up the max).
    $286/mo. with the base MF.

    Considering the huge incentives, they can do a lot better with a 30 month lease. Residuals are 6% higher, and those huge incentives are amortized over few pay,ments, making for a bigger monthly discount.

    $50-$60 per month less on a 30 month term... I'm surprised the dealer didn't suggest it.

    Also, a demo should have a residual reduction to account for the current mileage.

    There is about 5k miles on the car. How much should we expect in residual reduction?
    Also, I believe BMW allows 7 MSD too? Would you know if we can do MSD on the i3?

    Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 197,906
    kxc2622 said:

    kyfdx said:

    kxc2622 said:

    Looking for some assistance on residual values and MF for June for one of my friends. I believe monthly is around $340 including taxes. This is for Kansas City, MO.

    2015 fully loaded i3
    36 months / 10k

    MSRP - 55345
    Dealer Discount - $8500 (dealer loaner car)
    Dealer has passed on the $7500 lease credit and $2k build out allowance
    Adjusted cap cost - $38871 (base cost = $37345 + $925 acquisition fee, $599 dealer fee, $2.5 title fee)
    MF - 0.00178

    Monthly - $339.42 with taxes, $297 before taxes.

    .00138 MF and 58% residual.

    I get $314/mo.+tax with that CAP cost and the .00178 MF (marked up the max).
    $286/mo. with the base MF.

    Considering the huge incentives, they can do a lot better with a 30 month lease. Residuals are 6% higher, and those huge incentives are amortized over few pay,ments, making for a bigger monthly discount.

    $50-$60 per month less on a 30 month term... I'm surprised the dealer didn't suggest it.

    Also, a demo should have a residual reduction to account for the current mileage.

    There is about 5k miles on the car. How much should we expect in residual reduction?
    Also, I believe BMW allows 7 MSD too? Would you know if we can do MSD on the i3?

    Thanks!
    Somewhere around $0.25/mile, so $1250 reduction.

    Yes, you can do MSDs. That would lower the money factor by .00049 if you did the maximum of seven.

    I'd look at the 30 month term.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • kxc2622kxc2622 Member Posts: 44
    We took the car with 30 months. Didn't do MSD, but got it down to aronud $250 per month. Not too bad!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 193,287
    kxc2622 said:

    We took the car with 30 months. Didn't do MSD, but got it down to aronud $250 per month. Not too bad!

    Congrats! Enjoy the new i3

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Sign In or Register to comment.