Help with antique car identification

phillyguy10phillyguy10 Member Posts: 1
edited February 2016 in General
Can anyone identify make/model of this car? My grandparents', photo taken Denver, CO in 1921.

Answers

• 93tracker5spd93tracker5spd North East Ohio USAMember Posts: 194
    Hello! I can't help, but if anyone can it would be the folks at www.svvs.org that's surrey vintage vehicle society. Good luck.
  • texasestexases Member Posts: 10,144
    You can also post it at the Antique Automobile Club of America web site:
    http://forums.aaca.org/forum/66-what-is-it/
    It's hard to tell, many 1920-era cars looked similar, too bad the badge on the radiator isn't clearer.
  • phillyboy3phillyboy3 Member Posts: 1
    Can anyone identify this car? The picture was taken between 1946 and 1949 but the car would have been several years older. I suspect that it's a Dodge mid-1930s

Yes, looks a lot like this 1938 Dodge D-8

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaMember Posts: 64,482
    That sounds right. It's got the grille, the side trim and the overhead wipers.

It's an interesting photo in some ways---right after WW II, new cars were scarce and so you saw a lot of old stuff still on the road. That '38 looks okay but it does show a fair amount of wear. It's not that the people driving them were poor--they just had nothing new to buy in 1946. It took another year or so for U.S. automakers to gear up and not until about 1949 to come out with styling that didn't mimic 1941.

This one's closer, a 1938 Dodge 'Doctor's Coupe' - better match with the grill and hood:
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaMember Posts: 64,482
    Neat old car--wouldn't mind having that, with maybe some upgrades.
  • NeiltopazNeiltopaz Member Posts: 1
    Can someone please identify this Renault? The nameplate says 1903 but the Type is not mentioned.

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 210,470
    edited May 28

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator