Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Wanted: Bucket Seats & Console

awhitlow0869awhitlow0869 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2016 in Chevrolet
I am in the process of restoring a 1972 Monte Carlo Custom. I am looking to replace the split bench seat with bucket seats and console. If anyone has or know any one who may have bucket seats from a 69-72 Chevelle or Monte Carlo please let me know. Condition of seats are not a grave concern as of course they will be redone to match remaining interior. Also looking for the center console which can come from anything 70-72. Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited March 2016
    You might scan the Hemmings Motor News classifieds for parts vendors.

Also once in a while these seats will show up on eBay, although often they are singles and need rebuilding.
  • Options
    uplanderguyuplanderguy Member Posts: 16,110
    edited March 2016
    Won't the console need to be specific to a Chevelle or Monte Carlo, with the basket-handle shifter?
    2024 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2LT; 2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT; 2015 Chevrolet Cruze LS
  • Options
    uplanderguyuplanderguy Member Posts: 16,110
    Here's the '72 Monte Carlo console illustration, straight from the brochure, if you're interested in an authentic look:

http://www.oldcarbrochures.com/static/NA/Chevrolet/1972_Chevrolet/1972_Chevrolet_Monte_Carlo_Brochure/1972 Chevrolet Monte Carlo-10.html

Chevelles did not have woodgrain. Other GM mid-sizes had different shifters.

I believe a '70-72 Monte Carlo will have the same console. The "Old Car Brochures" site I linked would have the '70 and '71 brochures too, just to make sure.
    2024 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2LT; 2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT; 2015 Chevrolet Cruze LS