Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 RAM 1500 Crew Cab Lease

hayerobhayerob Member Posts: 2
edited March 2016 in Ram
I have never owned a truck and interested in leasing a 2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 5.7 liter. I was quoted $39,015 MSRP prior to dealer adjustment and rebate(4500, 1000). A MF of .00056, residual 60%. On a 36 month 12k lease and $3000 down it comes to a monthly payment of $311.08. I am located in Sacramento, CA. Is this a fair deal or should i negotiate further? The salesman indicated that there is no point in reaching out to multiple dealerships as they all have the same discounts and the monthly payment, residual, MF, MSRP will all be the same based on 3k down.

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,232
    hayerob said:

I have never owned a truck and interested in leasing a 2016 Ram 1500 Crew Cab, 5.7 liter. I was quoted $39,015 MSRP prior to dealer adjustment and rebate(4500, 1000). A MF of .00056, residual 60%. On a 36 month 12k lease and $3000 down it comes to a monthly payment of $311.08. I am located in Sacramento, CA. Is this a fair deal or should i negotiate further? The salesman indicated that there is no point in reaching out to multiple dealerships as they all have the same discounts and the monthly payment, residual, MF, MSRP will all be the same based on 3k down.

4x2 or 4x4?

What trim level?

And, the line from the dealer is bunk - you can, and should, work with multiple dealers. One may be able to give you a bigger discount than another.

Why?

That dealer may be one unit away from a volume bonus, so they'll be willing to do just about anything to make the sale.

In addition, we do not recommend making a down payment on a lease - if the truck is stolen or totaled, you lose that money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,046
    hayerob said:
    Your link says it's a Tradesman, but the window sticker says its an Express.

If it's Express:

.00014 MF and 60% residual.

The maximum money factor markup on Chrysler Capital leases is .00042. Looks like they are taking the maximum.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator