Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Paying more than MSRP for (new) Hybrids, Depreciation/Value of used Hybrids

Comments

• Options
    danashieldsdanashields Member Posts: 49
    You know, I think I'm going to come unglued when I read stuff like this: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8975473/

My wife & I just drove to the Atlanta airport, a trip of about 70 miles. We registered 67 MPG with the windows down, going 55 miles per hour.

67 MPG. There are a lot of motorcycles that won't get 67 MPG. When we returned, I tried to pump a gallon into the tank, but I think the computer had underreported the rate, because I couldn't even get a gallon into it.

I just don't get it. There seems to be an insane attachment to gasoline, like a crack addiction or something. When I read that the only reason why I'd buy the car is "to make a statement", I just want to throw my hands up in the air and say, you're right.

Man, the press really is a confederation of dunces.

See ya at the pumps (or not).
  • Options
    rhaeffelerhaeffele Member Posts: 149
    Glad you're enjoying your new car and I wish you every success with your decision. However, not everyone feels a $3,000.00 sticker premium (and perhaps more when the "Charging-What-The-Traffic-Will-Bear" additional dealer markup some dealers paste on the window is figured in) is worth taking a hit on the depreciation of their current car. It takes a LOT of gasoline (even at $3.00+/gallon) to make that difference up. I'm also curious what today's enthusiastic hybrid owners will be saying 4 or 5 years from now when the piper has to be paid for the inevitable replacement of the battery packs. At best, some techno-prognosticators feel hybrids are interim technology until hydrogen fueled vehicles become available. I'm in no position to comment on that one way or another, but I do suspect conventional gasoline fueled vehicles will be with us for quite some time to come. (Remember Back To The Future III in which Christopher Lloyd's modified DeLorean "burned" household garbage in its "Mr. Fusion" reactor? Now THAT would be worthwhile technical innovation!) ;)
  • Options
    sr45sr45 Member Posts: 144
    I will never purchase any veh at or above MSRP, never....If we all said the same thing, and stuck to it, than the dealers, and manufactures would not try to sell it at MSRP...But, we purchase anyway, and they see us coming. Their saying is " Got another stupid fish who pays MSRP ". When more hybrids are manufactured, the price, I'm sure will go down, and those that paid out the nose will be very unhappy. I too want a hybrid, but will now get the 06 Corolla LE instead, and wait until 08 for the hybrid corolla ( Hope-Hope ).
  • Options
    sinepmansinepman Member Posts: 137
    Battery replacement will not be an issue for quite some time if at all. Batteries are warranted for 150,000 miles in some states (100 elsewhere). The engine in a Chevy Cobalt is warranted for 36,000 miles. See the picture I'm painting? I ain't worried.
  • Options
    ideleidele Member Posts: 200
    I and all the Toyota/Lexus synergy hybrid car owners that I know lease their cars. If you purchase and keep the car for more than 100000 miles, replacement costs for the batteries are a potential cost just as engines, transmissions, etc. are. It seems to me 100000 miles is a genuinely excellent warranty. For my car I got something off MSRP and a somewhat higher trade in value tha I expected. using the web trade-in evaluation sites.
  • Options
    otis1otis1 Member Posts: 142
    why does the Anne Thompson piece say that hybrids have WORSE depriciation than conventional cars? past depreciation hasn't shown that and as far as future depreciation goes- that's pure speculation.

Also people have pointed out that the current hybrids are just a form of "interim technology" and that something better is around the corner. show me one piece of technology that is "the end all be all." Technology is always improving and something better is always around the corner. let's change the subject to cars with safety features... one could make an arguement that the cars of today are generally safer than those of 10 years ago. I'm willing to predict that the cars 10 years from now will be even safer. yet if safety is a primary concern, and I'm afraid of interim technology, then I'll never buy a car because cars will always be built safer as technology advances.
  • Options
    Okay, I decided to NOT come unglued but to see if I can rouse someone who's evidently fast asleep (or well-paid by the non-hybrid interests).

I compared a Prius to a Camry non-hybrid.

Driving the 2,334 miles a month that we're putting on the car, I get a monthly difference as follows (assuming $3 gasoline):
    Camry: $249
    Prius: $135

If you spread that over 60 months, that's a total savings of $9,720.

Plus, I have a VERY strong hunch that because the motor is not subject to the normal high torque required from 0 to 20 MPH, the drive train's going to be in MUCH better condition in the Prius. I'd be willing to bet that the motor stays well under 3,000 RPM in the city, representing a significant decrease in strain on the internal combustion motor.

So I just don't know where the Confederation of Dunces is getting their numbers from. Because my monthly outlay is absolute, positive proof that hybrid technology saves you gas IMMEDIATELY.
  • Options
    I mean, incontrovertible.
  • Options
    john1701ajohn1701a Member Posts: 1,897
    > I'm also curious what today's enthusiastic hybrid owners will be saying 4 or 5 years from now when the piper has to be paid for the inevitable replacement of the battery packs.

Inevitable? Hardly. There is simply no evidence to support that claim.

The "full" hybrid design goes why out of its way to protect the battery-pack, to the point of using extra gas for that purpose. Never allowing the charge-level to dip below 45 percent does quite a bit to ensure a long life. And Prius owners are now exceeding 150,000 miles with reports that the battery-pack is still operating just fine, no sign of the need for replacement.

JOHN
  • Options
    zacharyazacharya Member Posts: 71
    I wholeheartedly agree. This battery issue comes up every so often and it is just mere speculation. The stats show that the batteries are indeed holding up.
  • Options
    I agree with what one respondant has already posted.

Please support your claim that the batteries need replacing on a routine basis after five years. If you can show me any evidence that this is actually occuring on past models, I'll sell you my hybrid for a cut-rate price of $38,995.

Just special for you, because you'll be right and I'll be...the other thing.
  • Options
    gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    I don't think anyone would argue for a person that drives an excessive amount of miles per year, a hybrid is a good option. Your arguing that these news writers are trashing the Prius mileage. It is Consumer Report that says it gets 35 MPG and many people believe their reports. Including many news writers.

I think the battery issue becomes much more acute if you do not drive a lot of miles per year. I have two cars under 90k miles that are over 15 years old. So when the 10 year battery warranty ends, I am a sitting duck for a lot of expensive repairs. Maybe on any car that is overly computerized. Maybe we are stuck with these throwaway cars built today.
  • Options
    backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    No wonder people have the wrong idea about hybrids, when only certain facts are highlighted from reviews and news reports. For example, CR got 35 mpg in the city, but overall achieved 44 mpg in their real-world testing.
  • Options
    You did not take one thing into account...That's the out the door cost of the Prius and the Camry. Now add up what the total cost would be having the Camry for three years and cost of the fuel and the same with the out the door cost of the Prius. Now you will have a better figure to work with, if you keep the car only three years like some do.
  • Options
    I've never been able to get city gas mileage as low as 35 MPG. Not in four months. Couldn't do it if my life depended on it.

I did get something like 23 MPG when I was climbing a long series mountain switchbacks that were around a one-in-four grade. But I don't imagine anybody's commute is that demanding. I suppose if I tied a dead holstein to the back bumper, I could do it.

so maybe I'm beginning to get a clue what the problem is. Nobody I know that owns a Prius has EVER, EVER gotten that low a mileage rating. NEVER EVER. So it looks like Consumer Reports deflated the rates.

With AC on full blast and the tires soft, I consistently get 42 MPG around town. With it off, I get around 52 MPG. Every single person I've ever spoken to gets those same rates.

And I've gotten as high as 73 MPG on a twenty-five mile trip on GA 400.

That's the truth.
  • Options
    And thank you for taking the time to explain the misunderstanding. I've seen post after post discussing not being able to recoup the $3,000 extra tab for for the hybrid, and I've always been left utterly stumped.

Now I understand what they're basing it on.

Again, thank you, gacrice.
  • Options
    In fairness, that's a premium I paid cover the "I want to make statement" (which is actually, I want to force the industry to change its focus) that I'm willing to pay. So to that extend, the MSNBC article is correct.

Truthfully, I'd have paid $38,000 to make sure my money isn't being funneled into the oil consortium, exuding unnecessary noxious fumes.

And next year I'm going to pay the $10,000 required to convert it to a plug-in premium to do the same. Even if it voids the warrantee.

That's where I start becoming glib and superior about the whole thing.

(It may take somewhere around 55% of the votes to win an election; but it only takes a 10% shift in consumers' collective habits to swing the outcome favorably. And I'd be willing to bet I could get more rich people to buy Priuses than someone else could get poor people to buy Hummers.)
  • Options
    stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    "Driving the 2,334 miles a month that we're putting on the car, I get a monthly difference as follows (assuming $3 gasoline):
    Prius: $135

If you spread that over 60 months, that's a total savings of $9,720. "

I'm not sure I get the math. 249 - 135 = 114 * 60 = $6840. Where did the 9720 come from?

Also, I suppose it would depend on your driving habits. So let me try it here.

Lets say the Prius at 50 MPG (Conservative) and the Camry at 30 MPG (also conservative, assuming mostly road miles). That is 20 MPG difference. Ummm, 2334 miles per month / 50 = 46.68 gallons, 2334 / 30 = 77.8 gallons, difference = 31.12. That times 3 = $93.36 extra per month * 60 months = $5601.6. That is the gas savings.

Now for the cost. Depends on the Prius model. Lets say the mid level, about $24,000. Now the Camry may actually go for near invoice, about 18,500. That is $6000 difference. It would be about $9000 for the top of the line, and only $2000 or so for the base model - if you can find one (the Toyota dealers apparently make more $$ on the higher end models, and these are the most common).

So that's about 4 years to recoup the cost. However, it is a variable equation, depending on the actual amounts spent and the driving styles and if is was city or highway, etc. There are also the intangibles, such as long term batteries (there is a whole forum on this issue) - of which it needs to be pointed out that people's perceptions of battery reliability are almost as important as reality at resale time. But in general, on the purchase amounts, it would appear that one could break even in 3.5 - 4 years provided one was buying a new car anyway.

It is a far different story if one already has a car that is paid for, or mostly paid for. People sometimes forget that not everyone can afford a new car every 3 - 4 years.

It is also a vastly different story with cheaper cars in the compact class, which can be had for under $15,000 and get in the high 30's or mid 40's in MPG. The break even is much harder in such situations. We should also realize that the Camry is a larger vehicle, with more room; the Prius is actually sized more towards compact (in fact Edmunds lists it as a compact sedan, though the EPA lists it as mid-size).
  • Options
    I am struggling with the purchase of a prius or corolla. Since I only drive 4500 miles per year, and keep a vehicle 3 years, I don't think for a moment I will be better off with the hybrid. I do however, would like to get maybe the hybrid corolla, if they offer one in about two years, so I won't have to spend all that money on a prius, and keep the darn thing for 5 years. I will never pay MSRP for any car, and hope the hybrid corolla will be much better in price than the prius. Wish I had money to spend, than I would not care as much as car cost, so the corolla is the choice for me..... Reading this thread has given me some needed answers and want to thank all for the imput on this forum.....Corolla, here I come....I think
  • Options
    larsblarsb Member Posts: 8,204
    sr45,

PLEASE don't buy a Corolla over a Prius......

Buy a USED Prius, something with 20K-30K miles on it, keep it until 2008 when it will then have only 45K miles on it, and sell it at a premium.

Reap the benefit of the extra 10-15 MPG for the whole time. Reap the benefit of the extra creature comforts and the WAY WAY lower emissions....

Think about it !!
  • Options
    I haven't heard of a Corolla hybrid; such a car would compete with the Prius. Eventually they may offer such a thing, but probably not for many years.
  • Options
    Larsb,
    Not to be critical or anything, but what's with the big font text? It's a bit like shouting...
  • Options
    gagricegagrice Member Posts: 31,450
    How can you compare a new Corolla to a used Prius? A used Prius with 20k to 30k miles will still be more expensive than a new Corolla. Then you are stuck with someone else's problem. Who would unload a newer Prius unless it was giving them problems. Remember CR says 94% of owners love their Prius. A low mileage 2004-2005 Prius is suspect in my book. And they are not way way lower emissions. The emissions difference is not enough to lose any sleep over.
  • Options
    bri66bri66 Member Posts: 220
    Thanks for the two reply's. I did some checking over the weekend and found that there a no 05 Hybrid left overs on any local dealerships in my area. I refuse to pay over invoice on any vehicle I buy. I don't believe there is a large enough savings fuel wise to change from the V6 to the 4 cylinder so I guess my best bet is to continue to drive my 01 until later in the 06 season when a descent deal can be made at invoice for the Hybrid. Thanks again to both of you.
  • Options
    rhaeffelerhaeffele Member Posts: 149
    You're conveniently overlooking the serious expense of replacing the batteries in the 45K - 50K mile range for around $5,000.00. Most drivers are used to cars still being on their "first wind" at 50,000 miles, but hybrids will have an obligatory maintenance shock in store for people unaware of their limitations.
  • Options
    falcononefalconone Member Posts: 1,726
    Batteries are warranted for 100k/150k (CA,NY,ME,VT,MA). We've beaten that horse to death numerous times.
  • Options
    Latest information showed up a little while back, that in 08, a hybrid corolla should be appearing ( Hope ) to compete with the Honda Civic Hybrid.....Found this information that has yet to be addressed by Toyota however on one of these automobile sites for future cars. I tend to agree with this possibility, since Honda now has a market for a slightly lower cost hybrid civic over the more costly prius, and toyota would be wise to enter into it as soon as possible...

Cannot believe the American automotive industry is slow in this area.
  • Options
    ideleidele Member Posts: 200
    The Toyota synergy hybrid is vastly superior to the current Honda hybrid. In the Honda the ICE and electric motors work independently, never together.
  • Options
    john1701ajohn1701a Member Posts: 1,897
    > hybrids will have an obligatory maintenance shock in store for people unaware of their limitations

Question: Where's the proof of that?

Answer: There isn't any. It's nothing but a misconception, based on assumptions from electrical devices that don't operate the same way.
  • Options
    Huh? What exactly are you talking about?

Obligatory maintenance shock? Are you just writing poetry for your adult education class? Please show me ANY conclusive, anecdotal evidence that shows that people are having to buy batteries at 50,000.

In fact, show me one, single instance where that was required. I think you're engaging in "CREATIVE WRITING 101".
  • Options
    I think he is just baiting.
  • Options
    I unwittingly seem to be doing a little bating of my own these days. Yesterday, as my wife ran into the grocery store, I parked in the fire lane, immediately in front.

At one point, I counted in my rear-view mirror eight people who'd coincidently arrived from all different directions, admiring my car. "That's one of those hybrids," I heard.

I truly believe that I've managed to make up for every dumb decision I've ever made in my life by buying this car, considering that we traded in our 2000 (14 MPG average) Pathfinder, getting its full price six months ago, we did quite well. Today, if I still had that Pathfinder, I could drop it as a mooring into Lake Lanier.

I'm tellin' ya: when I explain that you don't have to plug it in because it invokes generators in the wheels instead of using just brakes which waste energy in the form of heat, you can see the lightbulb go on. They really get it. It's like an ah-ha, every single time. Their eyes always light up.
  • Options
    midnightcowboymidnightcowboy Member Posts: 1,978
    The truth hurts doesn't it . Hybrids are economic! So why in the world would someone pay greater than MSRP.

And long-term dpreciation is still another unknown. What will happen to resale value when the traction batteries get near then end of thier warranty life?

Go hypermilers! How long did the 70 mile trip take you, two(2) hours? :)

MidCow
  • Options
    The use of the large font is intended to bring attention to the post. I wanted make sure the person to whom I was directing the post would have a better chance of noticing it. All these posts with the same font, sometimes things can get missed.

P.S. Worked, didn't it?
  • Options
    I think hypermilers account for .00001% of the population. It certainly does not make sense to pay over MSRP for any vehicle, let alone a hybrid. Thank goodness I paid UNDER MSRP for mine. I don't even care about the traction battery. It has a 150,000 mile warranty. I'd be more worried about the transmission in a conventional vehicle. A friend of mine had to spend $4,000 on his JGC after the transmission went at 72,000 miles.
  • Options
    Gary, Gary, Gary.....(long sigh) ;)

In this particular case, it's a "no-brainer" to choose the used Prius over the new Corolla because of the driver's needs.

This driver in question puts 4500 miles a year on a car. Very VERY small load. And this driver in question trades cars every three years. So in essence, this driver should NEVER EVER buy a *Brand New Car.* Because if they do, they are paying the STEEP "first three years depreciation cost" of any new car. That's financially unsound and wasteful.

Because of that circumstance, they should always buy a USED car which is 3-5 years old, drive it for three years and put less than 15,000 miles on it, then sell it for MUCH CLOSER to what they bought it for than they could do for ANY new car they buy new and keep for three years. See the AWESOME logic !!???!!! :blush:

People unload 'new' Priuses for the same reasons anyone unloads any new car: they need something else, either practically or financially. Maybe it was a service member who got shipped overseas. Or a man who got married into a pre-built family. There are a lot of reasons people dump new-ish cars, and very rarely is it "because the car has a problem." Cars that are lemons get junked or they get fixed - not put back up for sale. Any "used Prius" at a Toyota dealer is likely to be "Toyota Certified" which adds a good smoking warranty to the standard one.

This person should ABSOLUTELY shop for a used Prius instead of a New Corolla, only because of their particular unusual situation. This advice is not for every buyer, but for a buyer in that circumstance, nothing else makes more sense.
  • Options
    Danashields said:
    "Driving the 2,334 miles a month that we're putting on the car, I get a monthly difference as follows (assuming $3 gasoline):
    Prius: $135 "

That is Voodoo economics. You don't give the details so let me try an interpret. If I am wrong , please correct.

You are looking at gas only correct???

Prius gas used ($135/3) = 45 gallons Mileage 2,334/45 = 51.67 miles per gallon

Camry gas ($249/3)= 89 gallons Mileage=(2,334/89) = 26.22 miles per gallon.

Okay so far let's look at prices

Let say you bought a Prius option package=6 TVM price $126 over MSRP = $26,706

And since we want economy, let's get a Camry LE maual shift EPA= 24/33 and 33 mpg is more reasonable so we only use (2,344/33)= 70.72 gallons of gas instead of 89 so the gas cost is only ( 72.2 * $3)= $212.18 monlty

Now lets finance at typical 5years 5% no down an not include TT&L the Camry is $341.87 per month and the Prius is $503.98

Total cost:

Camry = $212.18 + $341.87 = $554.05
    Prius = $135 + $503.98 = $638.98

So when you facvtor in the car cost on the gas cost the Camry is much cheaper!

If you disagree show me you figures.

YMMV,

MidCow

P.S. - As gas prices increase so will the addtional delaer markup above MSRP
  • Options
    Zacharya said : "I wholeheartedly agree. This battery issue comes up every so often and it is just mere speculation. The stats show that the batteries are indeed holding up."

H'mm where have you seen the Priuses that are 10 years old or 100,000 miles? They don't exist yet do they so how do we know how the batteries will hold up ?
  • Options
    Danashields said " I'll sell you my hybrid for a cut-rate price of $38,995. "

Wow you really must have gotten taken when you bought your Prius. How much over MSRP did you pay anyway, if $38,995 is now you cut-rate price?
  • Options
    I am referring to the previous generation Prius. Also check out the blogs on the Vancouver cab company that has Prius in his fleet. A few over 100k miles. No issues. Don't forget there IS a warranty. I'd rather have a 150,000 mile warranty vs a 36,000 mile as on my Envoy. The battery issue is not even a thought. Couldn't care less. In the meantime, the Envoy is in the garage with pre Katrina gas and it ain't moving. Currently 53.2 on my MFD. Quite pleased to say the least.
  • Options
    There have been numerous Priuses with more than 100,000 miles. The famous Cabbie in Canada had 200,000 km on his Prius, and Toyota bought it back from him to inspect the battery.

I found a Russian auction site a few months ago that had cars from all over Asia an Europe for sale and there were dozens of 1997-up Priuses with 100,000 miles on them.

Up until only a few months ago, Toyota had said they had "never" replaced a battery due to the battery aging process.

A certain very popular Auto search site I just now searched has 4 Priuses over 100,000 miles: 109K, 126K, 126K, and 141K. Another one has Prius cars at 89K, 90K, 99K, and 119K. That site listed 31 Priuses with more than 60,000 miles.

Recent HCH owner has 65,000 miles on his HCH and the battery tested 96% of original charge capacity. It would take 450,000 miles to get down to 75% capacity !!!

The evidence SO FAR shows that Hybrid batteries are holding up JUST fine, as will resale values - thanks much !! :D
  • Options
    danashields said

"I've seen post after post discussing not being able to recoup the $3,000 extra tab for for the hybrid, and I've always been left utterly stumped.

Now I understand what they're basing it on."

I want one of those non-hybrid Priuses that are $3,000 less. Danashields where can I get one ?

They don't exist so how can a Prius be compared ,correctly, to anything quantitatively? Answer is it can't

Cheers,

MidCow
  • Options
    Previous generation Priuses were not that popular and used a different hybird system with different battery voltages. A very, very few over Priuses have over 100K miles. I don't know about you ,but I would use a cab drivier as my standard for car driving.
  • Options
    Actually I just read that NYC is going to allow the Prius to be a taxi! No better way to show how it can do in that type of environment.

Larsb: I read that report too regarding the battery.

To all: Battery replacement should be the least of your problems. I am quite confident that the batteries will hold up. If not, you get a new battery for FREE under the generous warranty.
  • Options
    larsb said "There have been numerous Priuses with more than 10,000 miles."

Yes there are probably a lot of Priuses with 10, 000 ( ten thousand) miles by now, but I am talking about 100,000 miles ( one hundred thousand) .Driving at a typical annual rate of 15,000 miles that would mean 6.67 years of driving and would mena the car was put into service in late 1998 . Therfore only very high mileage drives ( i.e. taxi cabs) would have reached the 100,000 mile mark yet. 4 Priuses over 100,000 and 31 over 60,000 miles is not a valid statistical sample.

Larsb also said "Up until only a few months ago, Toyota had said they had "never" replaced a battery due to the battery aging process. ' I am not exactly sure where that came from. I have a nephew that is a Toyota mechanic in St. Louis and they have replaced a few batteries already. That again is not a statistical sample, but it dispuutes the absolute statement that non have ever been replace becuase of the aging process. However, maybe they are twsiting the wording of "aging process" to mean chronological years.

Cheers,

MidCow

P.S.- Are you still driving slow in the HOV lanes ?
  • Options
    The rest of my post was clearly indicative that I was talking about 100,000 miles, you know that silly willy !!! :D:D

Well, as far as a "valid statistical sample," we've got what we've got.

And what we DO have is ZERO reports of Prius batteries dying of old age and/or losing their ability to hold a charge. These VERY high tech batteries don't die for any other reason.

Toyota has sold more than 400,000 hybrids worldwide since 1997. That's a pretty big sample, wouldntcha agree? Zero reports of old age batteries out of 400,000 vehicles? Pretty darn indicative of a solid technology, eh?
  • Options
    zacahara,

Hate to burst your bubble about the generous warranty, but there was at least one hybrid driver who was having a battery problem with the batteries discharging too fast. He took it in for a repalcement and they told him that the batteries were still within specifcations and were not considered bad and would not be replaced. It was a honda insight and it could have just been a story, but I am not sure how good the long-term battery arranty will really be. Is it full replacement, replacement of justed the failed module or a prorated repalcement. Or even worse, replacement only if the battery or battery midule failes to meet their test criteria.

You know Hyundai has a 10 yr 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, but I do not think thier powertrain is the best becuase they have a long warranty.

Zacharya, by reading your comments in threads you seem to take both sides of the battery issue, knid of a devil's advocate. I hope you don't have any problems, but I sense there is some deep down fear of eminent failure.

Whew ! too much interaction with this forum ,

MidCow
  • Options
    Yes but most of the 400,000 Toyota hybrids sold since 1997 have been sold in the last 3 years, i.e since 2002.
  • Options
    I always play devil's advocate. As you know there are always two sides to every story. There will always be parts i.e. batteries that are bad from the factory. Those are probably the issues you were referring to. My vehicle has close to 30k and runs/drives like new. I DID buy the extended warranty recently for $985 for piece of mind. I have no doubt that if my battery fails at 148,000 miles, I will receive a FREE replacement. Truth be told, I bet when I DO reach that mileage the battery replacement will be LESS than the cost of a clutch or transmission replacement in your car. My bubble can't be burst. I am getting 50 MPG and bought PRE Katrina fuel at 2.62. Prices are dropping so I doubt I'll be spending $3 + on gas. Whew..... I am SURE glad I bought this vehicle!!
  • Options
    Whew... some folks are desperate!! An 04 Prius with over 50k miles and the bidding (22 bids so far) has topped $18.5k!!!
This discussion has been closed.