Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2007 Toyota Camry

Comments

• Options
    jaxs1jaxs1 Member Posts: 2,697
    Those are not real photos. I wonder if the actual car will look much like that.
  • Options
    heavensoldierheavensoldier Member Posts: 61
    Thanks a lot that helped a lot. Yeah I want a roomy car with a lot of space, with a lot of features witch the lincoln zephyr lacks, but it'll keep looking, I just want a good car for maybe under 33,000. Just haven't heard much about the 07 camry and was wondering how it compared. THanks a lot God Bless.
  • Options
    bigd58bigd58 Member Posts: 39
    Sounds to me like you should seriously consider the Avalon.
    Take a look at the Touring model. The XLS might be slightly more than you're willing to pay.
  • Options
    ineedanewcarineedanewcar Member Posts: 29
    I just saw an '07 Camry XLE with Nav. It looks just as good in person as in the picture. I've also now seen the black leather and gray leather interiors. They both look very good. My favorite combinations so far are gray exterior/black interior, red/gray, and blue/gray. And each time I see it in person, I'm getting use to the grille and hanging globus - it isn't so bad as in the pictures. Wow wow wow wow. Screw the Lexus IS 250, I'm getting an SE with Nav or XLE with Nav!
  • Options
    zulf_szulf_s Member Posts: 8
    Just took delivery of my 2007 Toyota Camry SE! I bought the vehicle without test-driving the SE model, so I really didn't know exactly what I was getting. I just saw the showroom demo and fell in love with the styling (actually I was there for an oil change for my 2002 Camry LE). Anyway, I made what you can call an impulse buy -- but can you blame me after reading the other posts in this forum? Again, because I didn't test the SE, I was really concerned about the ride and specifically the "sports" suspension.

I was also torn between getting the V6 or the 4C. However, after reasoning with my heart and wallet I decided to go with the 4C with 5A and leather package.

Well -- after months of read about it, visiting every forum that discussed the SE and viewing ever conceivable image of the 2007 Camry SE, I finally got MY 2007 Toyota Camry SE with leather, tinted windows, side body mouldings, paint/rust/sound protection package and in Barcelona Red! (I only had to wait about 3 weeks.)

The car looked as I Knew it would. The dealership did a great in delivering the vehicle. However, I was really concerned about the "sports" suspension and the power of the 4C.

Well those fears have been put aside! The "sports" suspension really is a SPORTS suspension. The handling is amazing. The wider stance of the car is noticeable (I previously had a 2002 Toyota Camry LE). The steering is tight and response yet refined. The ride is firm but not bumpy, after all is it a Camry. Toyota has really done a great job on the suspension and it is the most impressive part of this car: the SE really is a SPORTS EDITION.

As for the power, the 4C is great! It is considerably more responsive than the previous 2002 2.4L engine that I had AND it has a great "growl"! Yes, I would of loved to get the V6 but based on the fuel prices, my own experience with the previous 4C engine and the new experience with new engine, the 4C is the one that satisfies all facets of my personality AND it has power to spare.

Toyota has done a great done on the SE and I just can't wait till it's been fully broken in!

(I’ll post pictures soon!)

p.s. Can you tell that I’m excited?
    :blush:
  • Options
    Yeah great car I looked at it, only thing is I want to install a aftermarket navigation system (avic z1). Was wondering looking at the avalon interior, would it even be able to fit in that car? But I think it was installed in one. Thanks and God Bless.
  • Options
    mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    Doesn't look much different than the current one. Back to Camry.
    :shades:
    Mackabee
  • Options
    Blindmantoo, where do u live? Which dealer?
  • Options
    Congrats! It took cajones to order w/out test driving first!

It's sort of like awaiting the birth of a child, you come out of the dealer and yell...

It's a Camry!
  • Options
    Sigh, what a beautiful car. Too bad I have kids and care about gas mileage.
  • Options
    blindmantooblindmantoo Member Posts: 139
    I'm in the Columbus, OH area. The dealer was Tansky Toyota. Since I ordered mine several weeks ago (before Toyota started their heavy advertising), the bottom line may have changed. I've noticed that the dealer who is closest to my home has practically sold out their Camry inventory - and they wouldn't budge from sticker when I tried to negotiate w/ them.
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Don't forget to share your purchasing experience in our topic called Toyota Camry: Prices Paid & Buying Experience. That way, more members who are shopping for the new Camry will see your post and benefit from your experiences!

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    joecarnutjoecarnut Member Posts: 215
    Congratulations and enjoy your brand new ride!

I can relate to your quote as I'm doing that for several possible vehicles:
    "Well -- after months of read about it, visiting every forum that discussed the SE and viewing ever conceivable image of the 2007 Camry SE".

Ken
  • Options
    jrourkejrourke Member Posts: 72
    I have been checking inventory daily,...but only 39 V6 SE in the entire Southeastern Region.

Where are you finding the ability to search all inventory across a region(or are you checking each dealership site individually)? Didn't see it at the toyota site, but maybe I missed it. I'm challenged finding an 07 SE in V6 to test drive. Nearby dealer says so far he gets one about every two weeks and it sells fast.
  • Options
    suave_tequilasuave_tequila Member Posts: 116
    The Camrys are nice! Say 3 of them yesturday 2 grey, 1 black and for a second I thought they were Lexus vehicles!
    My dealership is giving pretty good discount on them, since my parents' friend told us today and bought one!
    Anyways Good Job Toyota!
    Suave Tequila :)
  • Options
    mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    www.buyatoyota.com
  • Options
    markthr1markthr1 Member Posts: 9
    I'm currently looking at new cars and I've got it narrowed down to an Acura TL (which I really love) or the new '07 Camry. Could someone tell me how the Bluetooth integrates with your phone? What I mean is, when you press the "Phone Book" button on the NAV screen when your phone is paired, does it display what is in your phones phone book? Also, when receiving a call does it show who's calling on the NAV display? This might make the difference in whether I get the Camry or the TL! Thanks!
  • Options
    We also had trouble finding a V6SE to drive. When we did it was a no-brainer that this was the right mix. Now the problem is the wait... We ordered one on about March 20th and found out today that Toyota approved building it in our requested configuration - but we won't get it until mid to late May - (we hope).
  • Options
    gtgtcobragtgtcobra Member Posts: 268
    I saw the new 2007 Camry LE and I love the car. It looks like a Lexus. I like the 5 speed manaual though. I am unable to find any 5 speed manual 2007 Camrys anywhere. If I purchase this car it will be the SE with the 5 speed manual transmission and 4 cylinder engine. Does anyone in here know what percentage of the new Camrys will come with the 5 speed manual transmission in the CE, LE and SE models?
  • Options
    petomlinpetomlin Member Posts: 103
    Hello Blindmantoo
    I remember you ordering the Black SEV6 with Charcoal leather. How else was your car configured? I assume you special ordered it. Did the dealer balk at ordering a car special for you? Were you able to get it at a price less than MSRP? Thanks for any info.
  • Options
    mikegillermikegiller Member Posts: 602
    "Has anyone found a way to disable the same electronic nannies on the V6 SE Camry?"

I believe it is the exact same way. You should try it out.
  • Options
    mikegillermikegiller Member Posts: 602
    You are a funny character. Heck, we are both funny characters!

I went to go to my local Lexus/Toyota dealership, just because none of the other Toyota dealerships had a V6 Camry SE with dark charcoal interior.

Lo and behold, my eyes got glued to the IS 250 sport package as I walked by it, trying really hard not to want it. I can't resist! The interior has a look and feel that cannot be replaced. I want to think like my parents and make the more 'economical' choice, but! I am not my parents.

I am getting a Lexus IS.

Sorry, Camry. You are still a nice car, and you still look sexy to me. No hard feelings. OK?
  • Options
    Actually, the dealer has been great to work with. They first tried to find one like we wanted in the region, and then, scheduled for delivery within the region.

They had no problem with the request to special order it. The configuration was: SE V6, leather package (incl heated seats & mirrors), moonroof package, traction control, spoiler, AS (all-season tire option (n/c option)), NAV, XM module & floor mats. The total was about $30,700 & we are paying $28k. We have since deleted the spoiler, but don't know if it was done in time. At least we now know that Toyota accepted the order and have reserved a vehicle. I'm not very patient and waiting two months is torture.
  • Options
    jdeibjdeib Member Posts: 70
    I'm not sure about the phone book feature, but I did see a photo of the new Camry nav system and it was showing the Bluetooth function and the screen was showing who was calling.
  • Options
    That actually coincides with what I saw on another forum where a guy said that he test drove the XLE with BT and navi and within 4 minutes he had his phone paired and the phone book "synced" with the car. It sounds like you can easily display the phone book in your phone on the car's navi screen and dial easily from there. That would be a very nice option if you ask me.
  • Options
    So a 06 avalon XL would be better than getting a 07 camry XLE? I'm not getting the touring version I want something 30,000 or under. Thanks and God Bless.
  • Options
    210delray210delray Member Posts: 4,721
    You will have a tough time finding a manual transmission Camry. I don't have the exact figures in front of me, but in recent years, only about 1% of all Camrys sold annually have had a manual.

One other thing I know for sure: the manual is built only in Japan (the Kentucky plant produces 100% automatics), and only 6.7% of the total number of Camrys sold in 2005 were imported from Japan. This means out of 430,000+ Camrys sold, about 29,000 came from Japan, and most of the latter came with the automatic.

I like manual transmissions too, but with the Camry you are fighting an almost hopeless battle. Plus if you sell the car in 3 years or so, you'll take a bath because of the lack of an automatic (if you can even find a buyer in the first place).
  • Options
    Only you can decide. Check out www.toyota.com. They have a very good website, giving base prices and detailed specs. With the Camry, you can get a 4-cylinder or a V6. With the Avalon, your only option is the V6.

The Camry XLE 4 is less expensive than the Avalon XL, without options.

By all means, test drive both cars before making a final decision.
  • Options
    fsowirlesfsowirles Member Posts: 195
    Check it out here:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f0bc698!make=Toyota&model=Camry&ed- _makeindex=.f0bc698

The host has created another thread jsut for Bluetooth phone compatibility on the Camry. I will tell you it is less related to the car, and more the ability of your phone's Bluetooth operation (software) as to whether the address book and other things will work. Check out the other thread.
  • Options
    I concur with 210delray. I suggested the Avalon because you said you wanted a roomy car and the Avalon is larger than the Camry.
  • Options
    96gc1owner96gc1owner Member Posts: 54
    I drove the 07 XLE V6 today. A fine machine. The wood trim inside does not do anything for me, but I'm sure there will be aftermarket pieces to cover it up. Two questions...the model I drove had reclining rear seats. The salesman said the rear seats would not fold forward. Are all models like that? Second, is the top speed on these limited? I may take it to Germany and would prefer to be able to get out of the slow lane.
    Also, Bob Howard in Edmond, OK had a 07 SE V6 on the lot today. Looked cool with the ground effects.
  • Options
    njeraldnjerald Member Posts: 689
    Yes, XLE's rear seats don't fold down. Just recline with a passthrough.
  • Options
    kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    The XLE's and SE's all have the non-folding back seat due to the "../\.." brace in the back seat.
  • Options
    Perfect! That's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you fsowirles!
  • Options
    johngf1johngf1 Member Posts: 37
    Have ordered a '07 Camry LE for 21,071 which includes auto, body side molding, spoiler, rs3200 alarm and alloy wheels. Any comparisons?

This is supposted to be $500 over invoice.
  • Options
    doug52doug52 Member Posts: 25
    Dealers are closed on Sundays here in Denver, so I went to Burt Toyota and found exactly one 07 Camry in the lot - LE, titanium silver. Seemed a big style improvement over the 06 (they had plenty of those), but the upholstery looked a bit cheap, and the absence of any door guards would seem to invite multiple dings in no time. Dings of course happen in any event, but wonder about that omission.

Previously, I emailed all Denver dealers inviting quotes, noting that I expected prices competitive with FitzAutoMall. Only Burt replied (without a quote), inviting me to come in and talk. A look at the sticker gave me a clue as to why - almost $1,300 for the "Colorado environmental package" - extra soundproofing, plus interior fabric and exterior paint coating! What a joke!

If I buy a Camry in the near future, it looks like I will have to fly to Maryland!
  • Options
    tinatinatinatina Member Posts: 388
    I agree with your comments on the Camry LE about the lack of side moldings and cheap fabric on the seats. We are both looking at the same color/trim. If I do purchase, I will be trading in a 2004 Accord LX, which has a better seat fabric and more comfy seats. I do like the styling of the new Camry and extra safety devices, but its 4 cylinder has less HP and worse window sticker fuel economy than my Accord (or even if I bought a 2006 Accord LX). The pricing would be $1,800 more than what I spend on my Accord LX. Other than the style and the extra airbags,I for one don't think that its that much better.
  • Options
    lzclzc Member Posts: 483
    Side molding strips are available for the Camry as a dealer-installed accessory for (I think) $195.

Toyota seems to have decided to give dealers some more high-profit add-ons. And then there are people who, I suppose, prefer the clean look of the car without molding strips.
  • Options
    tinatinatinatina Member Posts: 388
    Thanks, I know that they are available - but its an option as you correctly pointed out costing $195. In an ideal world, yeah a car may look better without having them, but they are practical in helping to minimize door dings away.
  • Options
    gtgtcobragtgtcobra Member Posts: 268
    Are you sure that the new 2007 Camry 5 speed manual is built in Japan? I purchased a brand new 1997 Camry CE with a 5 speed manual back in 1997 and it was built in Georgetown, Kentucky.

How can I find out whether or not the 2007 Camry 5 speed manual is really built in Japan? Is there anyone at Toyota of America who can give me information about this? If I decide to purchase a brand new 2007 Camry 5 speed, I want it to be built in Japan, not here in the United States. My 97 Camry was a good car, but it had "fit and finish" quality problems when I purchased it. The widow gaskets around each of the doors got sucked into the window door frame. Also, the entire front suspension had to be changed by Toyota because it was making creaking noises. If my previous 97 Camry was built in Japan, it wouldn't of had any fit and finish quality problems and the entire front suspension would have been trouble-free. But it was built in Georgetown, Kentucky. Only the engine and transmission was Japanese made.

I am thinking about buying a brand new 2007 Camry 5 speed, but I want to make sure that it's built 100% in Japan. I know too many people who own Toyotas and Hondas that are built here in the U.S. that are not built in Japan that have quality problems. I don't want my Camry to be built in the U.S.A.. If I wanted an American built car, I would by Ford, GM, Chrysler or Dodge. I would rather see Toyota and the rest of the Japanese auto manufacturers build Japanese cars in Japan, not here in the U.S.. American made Japanese cars are nothing but junk.
  • Options
    kdhspyderkdhspyder Member Posts: 7,160
    I would rather see Toyota and the rest of the Japanese auto manufacturers build Japanese cars in Japan, not here in the U.S.. American made Japanese cars are nothing but junk.
    Sorry that you had problems with your '97.. but it is much better for our country to have the transplants built here.

Your highlighted statement is indicative of your experience but it's just not true for everyone. ( 4 Camry's since 1989 with zero problems in 500,000 mi + )
  • Options
    The problem is not with the American auto worker, it's with the American auto maker.
  • Options
    mitchfloridamitchflorida Member Posts: 420
    How can I find out whether or not the 2007 Camry 5 speed manual is really built in Japan?

All the content details are written right on the Window Sticker. Of course, if the vin starts with a J, that is a clue as well.
  • Options
    lmacmillmacmil Member Posts: 1,758
    "American made Japanese cars are nothing but junk."

That's got to be one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever read here on Edmunds.
  • Options
    lacrimosuslacrimosus Member Posts: 1
    I got an '07 Camry LE 2.4L automatic, with body side molding and trunk cargo package. I pretty mcuh walked in, asked to see the dealer invoice, made an offer of 19,100.. the salesman went back to talk to his boss, and they sold it to me. The sticker price was almost 22,000, so these guys seem to have alot more wiggle room than many are letting on.
  • Options
    faldocfaldoc Member Posts: 84
    This is just plain wrong. As it happens most of the parts even in the Japanese made Camrys are made in the US, about 75% as a matter of fact. The way cars are made anymore, the welding is done by robots. Machining of precision parts like in the engine is done by CNC machines (computers do it). Electronics are made by various subcontractors. Many subassemblies are put together by hand but they plan them so mistakes are rare. Harnesses plug in. Plastic parts are held in place by clips, screws, bolts, and they use preset torque for the bolts. If the QC procedures are there and the design is good then American workers can do it as well as anyone.

To fix some damage on my son's 98 Accord, I removed the entire bumper cover assembly with a few screws and press-in retainers, then replaced an air resonator with a few screws/bolts, and relined the inner fender with some plastic press-in retainers and a couple of screws. Not hard to do and it is insulting to American workers to say that they cannot do as well as those in Japan. And this Accord was made in Ohio, it has run great for the 20,000 miles we put on it over the past 3 years with no problems whatever.

My 95 Lexus LS400 was 100% Japanese made and it had some rattles, it had some parts go bad, like the steering pump, (twice), rack, once, and other minor problems requiring repair at great expense. I have replaced it with a 2007 Camry and it is a fantastic car, made of 75% US parts (including the engine) and put together in Kentucky.

If you want an American car it is falacy to say buy Ford, Chrysler or GM nowadays. Many of these cars are made in Canada or Mexico now. Sure aren't many made in Detroit anymore.
  • Options
    bobsalembobsalem Member Posts: 12
    gtgtcobra is entitled to his opinion as an American but I agree that it is pretty ridicules and narrow minded. It is definitely not the workers. It is the whole company right down to the line supervisors and workers that count. If it was the workers it would be darn harsh to put down the American worker when everyone living in America is an American worker. I know I am a great worker and definitely take offense to comments like his. Have a great day. Bob
  • Options
    patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    we are talking about the Camry itself. Let's leave these other politically charged issues at the door.
  • Options
    bobsalembobsalem Member Posts: 12
    Good Point. Thank you. This is a great board. And Edmunds is the best on the net!
  • Options
    Others have responded to your post, so I won't go into some of the other issues raised.

I have access to Ward's Automotive Reports. They put out a semi-annual report listing engines, transmissions, seat options, etc. on all cars. One report is for North American built vehicles; the other is for all imports.

Under Toyota Camry in the North American report, which I received first, it showed 100% of 2005 models to be equipped with automatic transmissions. I thought this can't be right, because manual transmissions are available.

But then I read on Edmunds that only Japan supplies the manual transmission Camrys now. Sure enough, when I received the next report, it showed a small percentage of manual transmission-equipped Camrys were imported.