Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Odyssey vs. Toyota Sienna

Comments

• benchbench Member Posts: 14
    http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/do/MediaNav/styleId=100801029/firstNav- =Gallery#

This should lead to the Edmunds, click on Trunk/Cargo and notice the photo that shows the 3rd row seats in the forward position. Even when the seats are put upright there still remains a "well". You could also view the link at Honda for a photo of the cargo area. Unfortunately, some photos are taken with a charcoal/black interior which makes it impossible to view.

http://automobiles.honda.com/models/interior_gallery.asp?ModelName=Odyssey

I don't know if Toyota made a change in the '07 as we weren't in the market for a minivan at that time. I wonder what the '08 will look like with both manufacturers since CR's current issue has reviewed the Sienna again.
    When will the 2008 Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna be on the market? Will there be any changes in either? Our shopping has been stalled but we still plan to purchase soon. Thank you for your help. :)
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    The Odyssey should receive a modest freshening (updated horsepower, styling, features) but not a total redesign. Look at the difference in the 2001 and 2002 Odyssey to get an idea of what type of changes to expect.

2002 offered:

30 more horsepower
    5-speed auto (vs. 4-speed in 2001)
    New taillights
    New front grill
    Addition of optional DVD player
    Addition of optional leather

That sort of thing. Not life-changing, but maybe worthwhile to wait.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    I read the 08 Ody will get the new version of their GPS system.

The 07 Sienna just got here early this year, with the new 3.5l engine. I don't think we'll see an 08 until December or so.
    The 07 Sienna just got here early this year, with the new 3.5l engine. I don't think we'll see an 08 until December or so.

What? A car model-year arriving at THE NEW YEAR? Propsterous! :)
    :D
    We're nearing the finish line, or so I hope, and it seems that Honda is out of the running, for us anyway. I test drove one on Sunday and still had problems with my back, couldn't see the the instrument panel well and the steering wheel positions interferred with my view. I believe it's built for a taller, younger person but a beautiful vehicle anyway.

We're going out to test drive the Sienna today and I'll be checking the passenger seat comfort, visibility behind the wheel etc. My husband seems to feel that, if it works for me it'll be great for him. :blush: What, no complaining allowed???

New question: Since we have family who lives in the foothills at 4500 ft. and at the holidays years ago we had to leave our '83 Crown Victoria in town and have our daughter take us and gifts in her SUV up the hill, would we be wise to add AWD to our wish list? Our excursions in the future could be 8-11,000 ft. IF we remain as active as we hope.
    We're nearing the finish line, or so I hope, and it seems that Honda is out of the running, for us anyway. I test drove one on Sunday and still had problems with my back, couldn't see the the instrument panel well and the steering wheel positions interferred with my view. I believe it's built for a taller, younger person but a beautiful vehicle anyway.

Really? Even with the infintely adjustable steering wheel (it tilts up and down and telescopes in and out) and infintely adjustable 8-way seat, you STILL couldn't see the instrument panel? I am 6'4" and 19 years old and drive my great aunt's (she is 5'3" and 67 years old) 2005 Odyssey (which happens not to have the telescope feature that was added in 2007) and we both can adjust to see the instruments perfectly. Did you not adjust the steering wheel and seat? May I ask how tall you are? I'm not giving you the third degree, I just would think that the Odyssey could be adjusted for your comfort.

The Odyssey may not be comfortable in the end, but I'd hate for you to cross a vehicle off of your list because of an adjustment that could have been made that nobody told you about.
  • olanolan Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,
    I have been following this forum for about few months now and decided to join just now. Anyway, I know that some of the Ody owners will probably interested in this story that my friend told me. And there was an accident about two weeks ago involving a van with 5 teenagers on a joy ride(some witness, said that they go up & down the highway), cruising at about 180-190kph(111mph)as per what the police found out and lost control, rolled over a few times and skidded a few meters away before resting into a stop on the side of the highway. Local police said that it was a horrific accident and they were very suprised that ALL 5 Occupants were alive but was seriously injured as they (Police) were looking at the unbelievable damage caused on the vehicle and. The most serious injury was one of the passenger that had his face dragged on the pavement while the van was skidding. The Police said that by the looks of the wreckage, they wouldn't think that there will be any survivors, and also said that they maybe out of their sanity while doing high speed but at least they were all wearing seatbelts, that helped save their lives.

One of the officers even quoted saying "If I will buy a van, definitely will be the Odyssey".
    Did the 05s have stability control standard? I guess it could still always be tripped, and at those speeds all bets are off. :sick:
    Yes, my aunt's 2005 Odyssey EX cloth model has VSA.
  • mxylplik21mxylplik21 Member Posts: 18
    Which one does better with 3 car seats in the middle row? I read somewhere that the Toyota had a full-size middle seat (in the middle row) whereas the Honda's was smaller. If I had a car seat (booster) attached to the middle seat, can the side seat still tumble or will the overhang of the car seat prevent the side seat from tumbling forward (to gain access to the third row)?

I could also put two car seats in the 3rd row and one in the second row and using the tumbling feature for the kids to get access and have enough room to buckle them in. Thoughts?

Thanks.
    I much prefer the Sienna for the 3 individual seats, in fact that would be the one thing that would make me pick a Sienna over an Odyssey.

One thing you can do is move the center seat forward a bit, expanding shoulder room for everybody. You could also put the youngest child in the middle and have them closer to you.

You do give up captain's chairs on the outsides, though.

Edit - better pic of the Sienna:

The Ody sort of gets a "bridge" between the seats, but it's not really an individual seat. Works in a pinch, but not as well as the Sienna's purpose built middle seat.

Can't comment on the folding action, maybe others here can help.

Basically I think the Ody is better for 2, the Sienna is better for 3 passengers in the middle row.
  • mb6986mb6986 Member Posts: 30
    I have an 07 EX-L Nav & RES. Having two car seats in second row basically requires someone to climb over a folded down middle seat or remove it outright to get to the third row. Not convenient at all as the outboard seats can not fold over and slide forward as they were designed to do for third row access. The problem is the same with the Sienna. A friend of mine has a similar setup in the second row where she basically tell her third row passengers to climb over. The middle seat in the second row is great if someone has to sit there to mind two kids.
  • taxesquiretaxesquire Member Posts: 681
    In our 7-passenger Sienna, there are times when we use a config that makes it difficult to get in the back.

In those situations, the easiest way to enter is to fold down 1 of the back seat sections (if you can :( ). Then, from the back, your guest steps into the rear well on the side where the back seat is not folded, then steps onto the part of the back where the rear seat is folded and then moves into the cabin. Sometimes it's easier to do that and then unfold the rear seat for their use, then to have then squeeze past the carseats in the 2nd row.
  • bobber1bobber1 Member Posts: 217
    In our Honda Odyssey EX we just took the middle seat out so there is an alley to the back. We have two car seats on each side in the middle and a third car seat in the back row. There's still room for two small adults or one big one in back. That works just fine for us.
  • user777user777 Member Posts: 3,341
    you mean you people expect children to use a walkway between some seats? :confuse:

my little angels prefer entering our '03 through the hatch and over the back seat and head-rests. :blush:
    I wish more vans would copy Mazda's side-by-slide seat. That was brilliant.

You could slide the 2 middle seats together as a bench, leaving a clear path to the smallish 3rd row, or seperate them. Plus they were true captain's chairs.

That was the most convenient seating I've seen in a van. Too bad they didn't invest and update that vehicle.
    At least the Hondas up through '04 have the same. Don't know about '05 on.
    Not quite - they can be moved over, but you have to tilt, lift, move, and put 'em back down.

With the MPV's side-by-slide you just pull a lever and slide it over, no lifting.

Nice thing about that is you don't have to move a child safety seat. In fact you can slide the chair to any position even while you're sitting in the chair! :shades:

An idea worth copying, IMO.
    I didn't realize you could do that in the MPV. I agree, seems pretty convenient to be able to just slide it.

To be honest, I think the Honda seat that can be in one of two positions, you'd pull a level tilt it forward and then push it over to the other position. I don't think you'd have to lift the seat out to move it... just disengage the latches on the back of the seat and rock forward. Would require a bit of effort.

If you had a child's seat that had the 3-pt harness, then you could be good to go. Otherwise, if you're using the shoulder strap, probably not.

A few features of the MPV I liked (a lot), even though we went with the Honda: great visability out the front, nice turning radius, appropriate amount of road feedback/steering effort. Its handling was more like what I was used to in prior vehicles owned: VW Rabbit, ">Jetta, Mazda 323, Honda Accord.
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    Too bad they didn't invest and update that vehicle.

Mazda did update and invest in the MPV. Unfortunately, it is not being sold in the United States. It looks pretty good too. Has dual reclining second row captain chairs, 248 hp turbocharged engine, etc etc
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
    And we get the CX9, with 16 mpg city. :sick:
  • mxylplik21mxylplik21 Member Posts: 18
    Is the 8 pass Sienna only offered in LE configuration? Website seemed to suggest that. Again, I was thinking of putting car seat in the middle seat and one in the other seat of the second row. To access the third row, I would tumble the open second row seat and that would provide a decent amount of space to get back there to buckle my son in the third row. Then, in a pinch (such as carpooling kids to school), I can use that tumbled seat as another seat for a booster (which is easier to install).
  • gotoyotagotoyota Member Posts: 280
    Was the Sienna a AWD model or FWD?
    Is that question for me? Which post are you replying to? :confuse:
    No - sorry. I think I hit the reply button for the message below the one I wanted to reply to. My apologies. :blush:
    No problem. :shades:
  • feliciatwofeliciatwo Member Posts: 68
    Owned Both;Drove Odyssey for 5 years.I now drive a 2007 Sienna. Toyota listened to the customer and it shows. Bigger engine than Odyssey, smoother driving, quieter, and classier. Always felt like I was sitting on my Grandmothers couch in the odyssey. If Lexus made a van it would be Sienna. I research relentlessly...and compulsively.
    feliciatwo
    Both engines are 3.5l, i.e. roughly the same size.

Toyota's engine is bigger than their own old one, but it's about the same as Honda's now.

Also, you're comparing a brand new Sienna to a 5 year old Odyssey. I certainly hope it's better.
    After months of researching we're near a decision on the Sienna. I tried to work the third row seating yesterday and found it difficult due to my lack of height and back problems. We previously saw a fully loaded XLE Limited with no complaints except it was so flashy! I guess that tells you my age group. ;) My only complaint against the Odyssey is their lack of consideration for the front passenger, i.e. no power adjustments of the seat or heated seats. Otherwise it's a beautiful vehicle. Enjoy your '07 Sienna.
    Sienna's engine is about the same size as the Ody, but has more power - 266HP vs 244HP, and it feels much stronger (the Ody is somewhat sluggish until VTEC kicks in at about 4 grand). It's a "Ten Best Engine's in the World" honors recipient, also. I own a 2004 Ody and have driven the latest generation. I can say the 2005+ is much improved over my 2004, but the body hardware is still below Toyota standards and not what I expected from Honda. Also, I've had a surprising number of electrical issues with my 2004 EXL-RES, which I surmise is common to these cars, based on what I've read and heard from other owners. The Ody has left my wife stranded three times. The paint looks like crap - it's peeling in one place, it dents way too easily, feels tinny... the real issue for me is that it just does not have that feeling that it will still feel solid for many years to come and it makes me feel like I've been suckered. I simply find it very disappointing for all the accolades it has received from the automotive press and I get an allergic reaction when I hear people oozing praise over it. Driving dynamics and functionality are it's strong points. Quality is not as good as I expected - I've been spoiled with Toyota's for most of my driving life, but even the two Nissan Maxima's I've owned have not disappointed the way the Ody has, and I've always considered Nissan less good than Toyota OR Honda. Just my personal experience.
    I know sort-of what you mean. My family has driven mostly Hondas all my life (since 1982). The 2000 Odyssey EX we had, while a very nice car, was the vehicle with the most rattles and little "issues" out of all of them. My 1996 Accord has less rattles with 172,000 miles on it than our Odyssey did when we traded it in with 39,000 miles on it.

By the same token however, my ex-girlfriend's 2004 Corolla had more problems (warped steering column, loose ignition that required replacement - all before 30k miles) and rattles (sunroof/dome light area in particular)than the Odyssey did, so Toyota's have their own issues too.

Both Odyssey and Sienna overwhelmingly nice vehicles for the price. They are just the difference in French Vanilla and Vanilla Bean. One's a little more smooth, one's a little more flavorful. Both are very good.
  • mvbuyermvbuyer Member Posts: 1
    What features pursuaded you to purchase an Odyssey vs a Sienna or vice versa? Both seem very comparable, and we are having difficulty making the final decision
    thanks for your input
  • theodrandtheodrand Member Posts: 3
    I'm also interested: After considering the CR-V and RAV4 for a long time (because they are more economical on gas) we finally came to terms with the idea that we would benefit more from a minivan for our family of four; however, I am concerned about the gas mileage reports relating to the Sienna and Odyssey and therefore would be interested in hearing among the comparisons what gas mileagae moms get in the real world of driving around town.
  • minivanguyminivanguy Member Posts: 85
    First off I would like to say. I've owned a 05 Odyssey Touring w/o nav&res, But the Sienna has more features by far
    . Let's start off with.

1. Bigger Engine 266hp
    2. 3rd row windows that open
    3. 3rd row back seats that are powered or
    you can fold them for tailgating
    4. Day time running lights
    5. Signal side mirrors with auto dimming drivers side
    6. Xenon Headlights
    7. Bluetooth
    8. Auto express moonroof opens and closes with just one
    touch
    9. 10 speaker high performance JBL sound system
    10. Power passenger seat
    11. Larger interior except 3rd row according to Edmunds
    12. I forgot to mention puddle lamps on
    your side mirrors
    13. 2 in glass antennas
    14. 2 115v power outlets
    15. Battery saver feature
    16. MP3/WMA built in the stereo
    17. Toilet Bowles built into all the seats for long journeys. "JUST KIDDING"!!!! :blush: As you can see the Sienna is a true luxury van, and with 266 ponies under the hood you also have a "HOT :shades: ROD". I'm pretty sure it has more features, but can't remember what's on my 07 limited with nav&res :confuse:. So come on you 07 Touring owners "SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT"!!!! :D;)
    Well I get 19mpg driving around town in my Sienna. In my old 05 Ody I got just around the same. Maybe you can get a female perspective also :surprise:.
    (my reviews from another thread)

Time for a family car, so we naturally decided to try out the two segment leaders in the minivan segment. That led us to a Honda and a Toyota dealer. Honda came first.

Hersons Honda had a tent event outside and was passing out free hot dogs, so we were glad the kids were along and had a quick lunch there. Then we met a surprisingly low-pressure salesman who was very helpful in answering my specific questions and showing us some of the detailed features on the loaded EX-L model we test drove.

We actually sat in an LX model first, outside, under the tent. The whole family really liked the plush, velvetty fabric on the seats. The model doesn't offer the 8th seat, or the power sliding doors, and a few other things high on our priority list, but the seats were great.

They pulled up the EX-L NAV RES and we immediately fell in love with the power sliding doors. Touch two buttons and both kids piled in just like that. Plus you can close them from the driver's seat. I think all day long, this simple feature was what we liked most.

I went to program the NAV, and it wasn't quite as intuitive as I expected. I'd heard great things about Honda's GPS systems, but this required use of buttons and touchscreen controls, and I'm used to touchscreen only. The voice was soothing and it re-calculated directions when I intentionally drove a different path effortlessly.

The screen also serves as a backup cam. I thought I would love it. Nope. Found that visibility was pretty good already, and I looked back to back up anyway. In fact I did not use the backup screen at all. That was a surprise. It would help to line up a trailer, sure, but it's not at all essential for basic parking and backing up.

The leather seats were a bit hard, 3 out of 4 of us found them *less* comfortable than the LX' cloth. That was a bummer. The driver's seat also had a lump in the lumbar support, even at the lowest setting. I was simply not comfortable in that seat, so right there I decided that would not be the model I got even if we did choose an Odyssey.

It drove well, riding far better than the Pilot, as I recall it, and handling decently for all its size and mass. I did sense some torque steer, but I wouldn't be driving a minivan in that manner, so I think here it's acceptable.

The engine was fine, and VCM was unnoticeable, doing its job quietly. Steering is Honda standard, i.e. way overboosted and a bit numb compared to what I'm used to. To be fair, I'm used to smaller, sportier vehicles.

The kids saw the DVD movie player, and that deal was sealed. We will get one, regardless, even if we have to go aftermarket. They loved it.

The middle of the 2nd row is not very comfy. It's a seat for use in a pinch, not for a long trip. The armrests become the backrest, and it's just not wide enough for an adult. OK only in a pinch.

I really wanted better seats, though, so we then asked to check out a regular EX model, with cloth seats. I was disappointed to find cheap looking mouse-fur style cloth. I have no idea why they put plush velvet in the LX, and recycled peach fuzz in the EX. At least the seats were better than the leather in the EX-L, and the lumbar support did not bother me with the cloth. Odd, but the cheaper the van, the more I liked the seats.

Still, even though the fabric was a bit cheesy, we still left the dealership thinking the EX model was the best compromise for us. I say compromise because you can't get NAV or the RES with that model - you have to get the hard leather.

Internet price quotes run in the mid $26k range. Not too bad, but I'd need to add the DVD movie player and a portable NAV system, so with tax and those two things we're getting close to $30k.

It was informative and useful to drive it, because we established a benchmark for Toyota to beat.
    (Note: this is as close to an Odyssey EX as you can get. The Ody adds auto climate control and a power driver's seat, while Toyota counters with a trip computer. To me it was basically a draw in terms of content, both mid-level models with the basics.)

The name is a handful, and so is understanding the option packages. Toyota hired puzzle experts to come up with their packages, and compromises galore in picking the one for you.

We decided to drive the closest to the Honda van that we liked, so that meant an LE model with package 3. That package adds stability control (shamelessly still not standard), rear disc brakes, and the much-desired 2nd power sliding door. It matches up pretty closely to the Odyssey EX, each model offering a couple of very minor items the other doesn't have. Close enough.

In terms of comfort, the Sienna wins. The cloth is very plush, equal to the Odyssey LX, and all four of us liked it. That plus the 8th seat is a REAL seat, not a "bridge" to use in a pinch. Wide enough that I was able to sit in it for a quick ride to the gas station (the salesman drove). The kids made it clear they preferred the Toyota, probably with taking a friend along in mind.

I then took over and liked the driver's seat, too. No issue with lumpy lumbar support, though the seat could be juuust a bit firmer and/or offer more side support.

The ride is a bit smoother and noticeably more quiet than the Ody, except when you step in to the new 3.5l engine, which is seriously impressive. It's a hot rod engine in a tame car, and easily outguns the Honda. Fuel economy is also better at this equipment level, because the Honda doesn't offer VCM at this price.

Handling is not as tight as the Honda, a bit more body roll, and it just doesn't encourage you to drive quickly. Acceptable, harmless, sure, but a bit of a compromise. Noone will be asking for the keys to drive, put it that way.

Price (street prices as of 5/22 in the DC area) was better than the Honda, too, by several hundred dollars. Lower price, better gas mileage (at this content level), better seating, all it needs is a better suspension and this would be a complete no-brainer.

The catch is it fails to instill any passion at all. I would drive it, sure, but because I had to, not because I wanted to. So for me, it's time to sit back and think about this compromise.

And that's not the only one, back to those packages...you can add a movie player for the back seat, but you either give up the 2nd power sliding door (why?) or the stability control option (WHY?).

I'm sorry but that is just OBTUSE.

Why, oh why, Toyota, would a family with enough kids to want a movie player not want a key safety feature?

Either that, or give up our favorite feature, i.e. the power door on one of the sides. It simply makes no sense.

So again, we would compromise, and get the model we drove, then add an aftermarket movie player and a portable NAV. This would come in a little more than a grand cheaper than the Honda, and call me unselfish, but I think it's enough to conclude, at this price, with this equipment level, Sienna > Odyssey.

I wonder, though, how many people buy a Honda just because they get upset at the way Toyota packages its options.

I'm still trying to convince my wife to at least TRY an Entourage. Hyundai offers heated cloth seats, a DVD player, and everything except NAV for a lot less than either. So in terms of price and packaging it wins, hands down.

I do have concerns about high speed shimmies Edmunds members report here, however.

The verdict is still out. I have not yet found a choice that is compelling enough to make me buy one now. I'm hoping an Entourage changes my mind. Else I'll shift gears and look at a few more SUVs, including the 08 Tribeca.
  • speterson1speterson1 Member Posts: 228
    Hey juice,

One idea - I know around here you can get a decent portable DVD player for the kids at Circuit City or Best Buy for like $200 or less, would that help make the decision easier? Plus then you can use it other places besides the van.

My wife and I went with the Odyssey EX and we're hoping to stay old school and get our son (currently 2 and a half) to read books in the van. We'll see how long we can hold out on that... ;)

Steve
    Regardless of what we get, we'll look at several options.

I use an old laptop now, 10" screen, but the kids want something easier to use so we don't have to hide it each time we leave the car.

Portable ones are dirt cheap, but I already have that type of solution.

Costco had a 10" for $700 installed, as did Best Buy. I'm going to research them a bit because I want to be able to get replacement headphones easily (I imagine they'll last a week with my kids).

Even built-in, I could go roof mounted, or headrest mounted. The headrest ones are closer to and directly in front of the kids.

A Tribeca owner had a seriously cool one with a THIRD screen for the front passenger, from where you would also control the video. $1700 I recall, but that's for all 3 screens. A bit steep, so I dunno.

I'm a big fan of the aftermarket, so I won't be afraid at all to take advantage of them to accessorize. In fact I'm known for it.
  • bobber1bobber1 Member Posts: 217
    Is the 07 Sienna different other then engine from the 06? We test drove the 06 Sienna and 07 Odyssey last fall I know a lot of people have been saying the Sienna is quieter, but we drove both at highway speeds and my spoke from the back seat and found both vans to be similar?
    The engine is the biggest change, but there were also some minor package changes.

For the better, in this case. Last year's LE package 3 only had one power sliding door. Now the package has power sliding doors on both sides.

To us that was a big deal, because that was our favorite "gadget". We'll use that more than any DVD player, that's for sure. In fact we'll use both sides twice for every drive we take, getting in and getting out. For car pooling, even better.

To me that made it worth the wait to look at an 07.
  • darnoc54darnoc54 Member Posts: 3
    I purchased an07 Touring April 30th and I must say I am disappointed with its quality and fit and finish. It is tinny and seems cheap after living with it for a few days. The glove box is not even close to fitting correctly and I am taking it in to be replaced. The gas filler door sticks out beyond the quarter panel and is made of thin metal. The plastic dash and door trim have stress marks on them making it a different color at those points. Even the optional floor mats are cheap. I also own a 03 CR-V and it is much better quality vehicle, hence my disappointment. :(
    BUY THE TOYOTA!
  • waid10waid10 Member Posts: 21
    Like most on this board, I am trying to decide between the Odyssey and Sienna. Does anyone know the following:

1. Does the Sienna offer both bluetooth and ipod integration? If so, in what model year was each feature offered? I am looking at 2005 and 2006 model years.

2. Same questions for the Odyssey. However, I don't think either option is offered on the Odyssey.

Thanks.
    It's nice to see I am not the only one here who has called the Odyssey's bluff. It IS a cheaply made car, and I have the exact same complaints - THIN sheet metal, dents easily and rusts way too easily and quickly, and you get tired of vast expanses of hard plastic. Most of the readers in this forum seem very focused on content, comparing features for dollars... I get it, but there's so much more to a car, and so much more to the ownership experience. The longer I own my '04 Odyssey, the more I resent being affiliated with the Honda crowd. I will be trading mine in this summer on the '07 Sienna, which, like all the other Toyota's I have been in or owned, feels more expensive. There are a few more hard plastic bits than I would like, but even so, it felt like a Lexus. I don't mind the softer ride either (I'm not old - 34, and somewhat of a driving enthusiast) because the Ody is stiff and noisy on rough roads on account of the firm spring rates and all that HARD plastic, which adds to the overall cheapness of the experience. I just can't understand all the praising and gushing over Honda's. Sure, they drive nicely and look great when new... but living with one makes me feel like I've had the wool pulled over my eyes. I don't plan on buying another one. Toyota's might seem boring to some, but my experience with them is that the ownership experience stays sweeter, longer - a credit to their attention to detail and higher quality components and materials. They just feel and drive like new for many years. Good luck with your '07 - at least it's the prettiest van out there!
    I don't believe they are available on either model.
    I know that the 07 ltd has bluetooth and I-pod integration. Also has an mp3 player built in the stereo system. ;)
    Steering is Honda standard, i.e. way overboosted and a bit numb compared to what I'm used to. To be fair, I'm used to smaller, sportier vehicles.

What? overboosted?

Not a Honda. More than likely, there was an issue with the vehicle you drove, perhaps the tires were over-inflated.

One thing Honda consistently does well is provide decent feedback in suspension and steering areas. It's a driver's mini-van. If you are used to sportier vehicles, then the transition to a Honda Odyssey would be easier for you than the other makes out there.

You're observation doesn't fit with that of others.
    The tires probably were hard. They ship them with 40psi plus in the tires to prevent flat-spotting, and I was test driving a brand new one that had not yet been PDI'd. So that's very likely.

I was comparing the steering boost to cars I'm used to, not really to other vans. The Ody was the first van I drove, so take it FWIW.

After the Ody I drove a Sienna LE, and that model has an aux input jack to the right of the 6CD changer. I'm not sure if you can control an iPod from the stereo controls, but it will play music from your iPod, for sure.

That same 6CD changer (std. on the LE) also plays MP3s.

I sort of disagree with gotoyota - I felt the materials in both were on par with each other. The Ody I drove had very slightly better fit and finish, while the Sienna had more soft surfaces. I'd call it a draw.