Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Can someone help with numbers on RX 350?

sebejonesebejone Member Posts: 3
edited May 2016 in Lexus
I live in Boston Area, and have had discussions with local dealer and I can't seem to get to the same number they are for a 36 month lease.

MSRP: $53,439
Residual: $32,063
MF: .00130
15K Miles/year
MA Sales Tax: 6.25 %

NO MONEY DOWN, just drive off.
Dealership say $730/month.

I can't figure that out- I get just over $600/month given their numbers.

Can anyone explain what they have done?

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    sebejone said:

I live in Boston Area, and have had discussions with local dealer and I can't seem to get to the same number they are for a 36 month lease.

MSRP: $53,439
    Residual: $32,063
    MF: .00130
    15K Miles/year
    MA Sales Tax: 6.25 %

NO MONEY DOWN, just drive off.
    Dealership say $730/month.

I can't figure that out- I get just over $600/month given their numbers.

Can anyone explain what they have done?

Can't calculate a lease payment without the CAP cost or selling price. So, can't tell what either of you have done.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    sebejonesebejone Member Posts: 3
    So, good question, and that must be the details I have not been able to get from them. They say that the selling price is $50,471. I have been calculating that as CAP cost, but not sure that is correct,
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,316
    sebejone said:

So, good question, and that must be the details I have not been able to get from them. They say that the selling price is $50,471. I have been calculating that as CAP cost, but not sure that is correct,

Adjusted cap cost = selling price + taxes and fees you aren't paying up front - cap reduction amount (down payment)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    sebejone said:

At $50,471, I get $619/mo.

Of course, you'll have to ask the dealer what "just drive off" is going to be.

The payment will be taxed. If MA rate is 6.5% (?), then that is $659/mo. after tax.

That still leaves you $2500 short of their payment. Better ask for that adjusted CAP cost, and find out exactly how much they want at lease signing.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator