-June 2024 Special Lease Deals-

2024 Chevy Blazer EV lease from Bayway Auto Group Click here

2024 Jeep Grand Cherokee lease from Mark Dodge Click here

2025 Ram 1500 Factory Order Discounts from Mark Dodge Click here
Options

2016 sDrive35i M-Sport Lease Question

amt4529amt4529 Member Posts: 5
edited May 2016 in BMW
Hi there, first time leasing a vehicle. Any help is greatly appreciated! I am in Los Angeles, CA by the way.

This is the initial email quote from the dealer:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Base Price $54,700.00
M Sport 4,450.00
Premium Package 2,550.00
Driver Assistance Package 1,400.00
20" M Wheels 950.00
Harman Kardon Surround Sound 875.00
Enhanced Bluetooth/ Smartphone Integration 200.00

Destination and Handling 995.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL AS EQUIPPED $66,120.00
SELLING PRICE $63,411.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Term 36 Months
Mileage 12,000/year
Money Factor 0.89
Residual Factor 59%
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Selling Price $63,411.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Capitalized Cost
$63,411.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Residual Value $39,010.80
Total Depreciation $24,856.81
Capital Reduction ($456.61)
Monthly Depreciation $690.47
Monthly Rent $91.56
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Monthly Payment $782.03
Tax (9%) $70.38
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Monthly Payment + Tax $852.41
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Capital Reduction ($456.61)
Cap Reduction Tax (9%) $90.45
License & Registration $508.75
Bank Fee $925.00
Documentation Fee $80.00
First Payment $852.41
Security Deposit $6,300.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Drive Off $8,300.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade Equity $0.00
Rebate $0.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Due at Signing $8,300.00
----------------------------------------------------------------------
This is MUCH higher than my calculations. A couple of questions:

1) MF is being shown here as .89?! I thought base MF was .00132 for the X5 in May? I can't seem to figure out how he's doing this MF.
2) Are the fees normal?
3) I show invoice on this car being $61485. How close to this price should I aim for?
Tagged:

Comments

  • Options
    amt4529amt4529 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2016
    How would I go about efficiently and kindly asking for
    1) the purchase price to be reduced
    2) a base MF with no markup?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 244,135
    amt4529 said:

    Hi there, first time leasing a vehicle. Any help is greatly appreciated! I am in Los Angeles, CA by the way.

    This is the initial email quote from the dealer:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Base Price $54,700.00
    M Sport 4,450.00
    Premium Package 2,550.00
    Driver Assistance Package 1,400.00
    20" M Wheels 950.00
    Harman Kardon Surround Sound 875.00
    Enhanced Bluetooth/ Smartphone Integration 200.00

    Destination and Handling 995.00
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    TOTAL AS EQUIPPED $66,120.00
    SELLING PRICE $63,411.00
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Term 36 Months
    Mileage 12,000/year
    Money Factor 0.89
    Residual Factor 59%
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Selling Price $63,411.00
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total Capitalized Cost
    $63,411.00
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Residual Value $39,010.80
    Total Depreciation $24,856.81
    Capital Reduction ($456.61)
    Monthly Depreciation $690.47
    Monthly Rent $91.56
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Monthly Payment $782.03
    Tax (9%) $70.38
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Monthly Payment + Tax $852.41
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Capital Reduction ($456.61)
    Cap Reduction Tax (9%) $90.45
    License & Registration $508.75
    Bank Fee $925.00
    Documentation Fee $80.00
    First Payment $852.41
    Security Deposit $6,300.00
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Drive Off $8,300.00
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Trade Equity $0.00
    Rebate $0.00
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Due at Signing $8,300.00
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is MUCH higher than my calculations. A couple of questions:

    1) MF is being shown here as .89?! I thought base MF was .00132 for the X5 in May? I can't seem to figure out how he's doing this MF.
    2) Are the fees normal?
    3) I show invoice on this car being $61485. How close to this price should I aim for?

    1. Each of your 7 security deposits reduce the MF by .00007 - .00049 total. Subtract that from the .00138 base rate and you get - ta da! - .00089 :sunglasses:
    2. Yes, the fees are normal. And, non-negotiable
    3. For BMW, a discount of 5-7% from sticker is common. But, you can certainly ask for more.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Options
    amt4529amt4529 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2016


    1. Each of your 7 security deposits reduce the MF by .00007 - .00049 total. Subtract that from the .00138 base rate and you get - ta da! - .00089 :sunglasses:
    2. Yes, the fees are normal. And, non-negotiable
    3. For BMW, a discount of 5-7% from sticker is common. But, you can certainly ask for more.

    Thank you for the input.

    At this point where should I be negotiating? Solely the sales price? Would getting a hair above invoice be reasonable on a high demand car like an X5?
    I am plugging the dealers numbers into my calculator but am coming up at $842.61 at their Sales Price...where am I wrong on this? Do your calculations add up?
    I am aiming for $760-$780 a month with the absolute lowest money factor. I would pay all fees upfront and max out MSDs.
  • Options
    amt4529amt4529 Member Posts: 5
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 244,135
    amt4529 said:

    1. Each of your 7 security deposits reduce the MF by .00007 - .00049 total. Subtract that from the .00138 base rate and you get - ta da! - .00089 :sunglasses:
    2. Yes, the fees are normal. And, non-negotiable
    3. For BMW, a discount of 5-7% from sticker is common. But, you can certainly ask for more.

    Thank you for the input.

    At this point where should I be negotiating? Solely the sales price? Would getting a hair above invoice be reasonable on a high demand car like an X5?
    I am plugging the dealers numbers into my calculator but am coming up at $842.61 at their Sales Price...where am I wrong on this? Do your calculations add up?
    I am aiming for $760-$780 a month with the absolute lowest money factor. I would pay all fees upfront and max out MSDs.

    I get $838/mo with tax using your numbers. Only way to get the payment down is to negotiate a lower selling price.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Options
    hailrosehailrose Member Posts: 11
    Hello,
    Could you tell me the may rates for 2016 X5
    36 months. 12k miles in new jersey.

    thanks
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 244,135
    hailrose said:

    Hello,
    Could you tell me the may rates for 2016 X5
    36 months. 12k miles in new jersey.

    thanks

    .00138 and 59%

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Options
    amt4529amt4529 Member Posts: 5
    @Michaell Thank you. I stopped by the dealer yesterday and got them down to $61970. Unfortunately, they do not have any leasing incentives going on or the deal would have been made. Base MF, no additional cap reduction, all fees paid upfront, $780~ /month. I think if I wait till the end of the month there will hopefully be some pop up incentives.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 244,135
    amt4529 said:

    @Michaell Thank you. I stopped by the dealer yesterday and got them down to $61970. Unfortunately, they do not have any leasing incentives going on or the deal would have been made. Base MF, no additional cap reduction, all fees paid upfront, $780~ /month. I think if I wait till the end of the month there will hopefully be some pop up incentives.

    Don't count on it. X5's are very popular and there haven't been any lease incentives on the BMWs for the last couple of months. Instead, they bumped up the residual value.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Options
    billmac3billmac3 Member Posts: 1
    What is MF May, 2016, X3. 36 mo and 10K
    Thanks.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 244,135
    billmac3 said:

    What is MF May, 2016, X3. 36 mo and 10K
    Thanks.

    .00138 and 61%

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Options
    honzacervhonzacerv Member Posts: 6
    Hello.
    Dealer here in RI claims MF for 2016 X5 in may 2016 is 0.0016.
    offers 36m lease on X5 35i msrp 62,595

    sale price 58,050.-
    res. value 37,344.05
    12,000 miles
    $3200 down
    749.79advanced payment
    $1505.29 fees
    $944.92 Cap red.
    Mf 0.0016
    $700.74 monthly pay + 49.05 tax = 749.79

    I see Mf 0.00132 quoted on this site for may?
    is New England different?
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 244,135
    honzacerv said:

    Hello.
    Dealer here in RI claims MF for 2016 X5 in may 2016 is 0.0016.
    offers 36m lease on X5 35i msrp 62,595

    sale price 58,050.-
    res. value 37,344.05
    12,000 miles
    $3200 down
    749.79advanced payment
    $1505.29 fees
    $944.92 Cap red.
    Mf 0.0016
    $700.74 monthly pay + 49.05 tax = 749.79

    I see Mf 0.00132 quoted on this site for may?
    is New England different?

    MF is .00138 this month. BMW numbers are national.

    Might be time to contact additional dealers.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Options
    bmwravibmwravi Member Posts: 3


    2016 BMW X5 xDrive40e SAV
    66145 MSRP

    2k down
    monthly $520 +tax

    residual 39,690

    good deal ?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 241,357
    bmwravi said:



    2016 BMW X5 xDrive40e SAV
    66145 MSRP

    2k down
    monthly $520 +tax

    residual 39,690

    good deal ?

    Term and Mileage?
    Selling price and/or CAP cost?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • Options
    bmwravibmwravi Member Posts: 3

    3 year 10k miles

    cap cost 63k

    reduced cap cost 58.5k ( may be 2k down and some credit)

    down 2k + tax,title,inital,aquisition ( advantage of conquest audi q7 otherwise 3.5k down)

    resicual 60%

    I hope answered your questions. ( hard to get details from sales person )
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 244,135
    bmwravi said:



    2016 BMW X5 xDrive40e SAV
    66145 MSRP

    2k down
    monthly $520 +tax

    residual 39,690

    good deal ?

    bmwravi said:


    3 year 10k miles

    cap cost 63k

    reduced cap cost 58.5k ( may be 2k down and some credit)

    down 2k + tax,title,inital,aquisition ( advantage of conquest audi q7 otherwise 3.5k down)

    resicual 60%

    I hope answered your questions. ( hard to get details from sales person )

    I can't make the numbers work.

    .00138 MF and 59% for 36/10 on the X5 xDrive40e.

    Using the MSRP of $66,145 and the adjusted cap cost of $58,500, I get a payment of $676/mo before tax.

    I would confirm all the numbers from the dealer --- $520/mo seems way too good for a $66K BMW.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Options
    bmwravibmwravi Member Posts: 3
    I did sign the deal. It is 36month/10k , dowpayment 2k + tax,title,inital,aquisition +first month = 4.1k
    resedual = 39.6k .
    couldn't see any catch in the papers.
    ( may be audi q7 current lease and my company part of BMW CAR CLUB OF AMERICA might have helped.

    I think additional l there is 4.8 irs tax credit which need to figure end of this year which not discussed during signing the deal.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 244,135
    bmwravi said:

    I did sign the deal. It is 36month/10k , dowpayment 2k + tax,title,inital,aquisition +first month = 4.1k
    resedual = 39.6k .
    couldn't see any catch in the papers.
    ( may be audi q7 current lease and my company part of BMW CAR CLUB OF AMERICA might have helped.

    I think additional l there is 4.8 irs tax credit which need to figure end of this year which not discussed during signing the deal.

    Congrats!

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Options
    hailrosehailrose Member Posts: 11
    Hello,
    Could you tell me the June rates for 2016 X5
    36 months. 12k miles in new jersey.
    thanks
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 244,135
    hailrose said:

    Hello,
    Could you tell me the June rates for 2016 X5
    36 months. 12k miles in new jersey.
    thanks

    .00138 and 59% for all trims other than the xDrive 40e - that model has a 58% residual

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Options
    pass16_norcalpass16_norcal Member Posts: 15
    Hello, is 2016 X5 xDrive35i the MF and residual the same for Northern California - San Francisco region (zip 95050). And is the MF discount .00007 for every MSD put down; what is the max MSD can be applied? Thank you in advance.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 244,135

    Hello, is 2016 X5 xDrive35i the MF and residual the same for Northern California - San Francisco region (zip 95050). And is the MF discount .00007 for every MSD put down; what is the max MSD can be applied? Thank you in advance.

    BMW numbers are national.

    Max 7 MSDs can be used for BMW; each reduce the MF .00007

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • Options
    pass16_norcalpass16_norcal Member Posts: 15
    Great! Thank you for the info.
  • Options
    chucktownhskrchucktownhskr Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2016
    South Carolina
    2016 X5 xdrive SAV

    36 mo 10,000 miles
    MSRP 73920
    Cap cost 70054.95 (Including dealer fee (284)/acquisition fee (925))
    Cap cost reduction 308
    MF 0.00157
    Residual 60% (43549)

    $1531 due at delivery (First monthly payment(884) + Sales tax (300) +License (39) + Cap cost reduction (308))

    Monthly payment 884.

    Outside of MF being a bit inflated, sounds reasonable. Your thoughts?
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 241,357

    South Carolina
    2016 X5 xdrive SAV

    36 mo 10,000 miles
    MSRP 73920
    Cap cost 70054.95 (Including dealer fee (284)/acquisition fee (925))
    Cap cost reduction 308
    MF 0.00157
    Residual 60% (43549)

    $1531 due at delivery (First monthly payment(884) + Sales tax (300) +License (39) + Cap cost reduction (308))

    Monthly payment 884.

    Outside of MF being a bit inflated, sounds reasonable. Your thoughts?

    Yes.. other than the money factor, it seems fair.

    If I lived in SC, with $300 sales tax, I would be flipping cars like crazy.. Probably a good thing that I don't.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • Options
    chucktownhskrchucktownhskr Member Posts: 5
    edited July 2016
    Thank you for your assistance. The dealer's calculated monthly payment is still less than my calculation using MF of 0.00137, and they just won't budge on the MF any further. The math seems fuzzy but appears to work out in my favor.

    The roads here suck, and they get you with the property tax!

    Thanks again.
  • Options
    chucktownhskrchucktownhskr Member Posts: 5
    Awesome service and website BTW. This is very helpful and has made me a better negotiator.
Sign In or Register to comment.