Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Cay Buying Advice --on purchase price of 2016 435i x drive

ajnaduvajnaduv Posts: 5
edited March 2017 in BMW
I am looking to buy a 2016 435i x drive in the fall. Would appreciate any advice on what price to offer, based on the MSRP. As far as options, all I really want are the navigation system and heated front seats but I understand most of the inventory available may have other packages included so it would help if I knew how much less than MSRP to offer, percentage-wise, for the car as loaded. Thanks.

Answers

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 121,674
    Usually for BMW, 5-7% off sticker before any available incentives is a good starting point.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• ajnaduvajnaduv Posts: 5
    Thanks!
    I have found a car that is already marked down 7%. Any advice on how much lower to quote? The dealership seems really eager to get the car sold.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 128,200
    ajnaduv said:

I have found a car that is already marked down 7%. Any advice on how much lower to quote? The dealership seems really eager to get the car sold.

Offer $1000 less and see what happens?

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Okay. Guess that means the 7% markdown is a great deal as it is. Just wanted to confirm. Thanks.
  • ajnaduv said:
    Okay. Guess that means the 7% markdown is a great deal as it is. Just wanted to confirm. Thanks.
    This is on a new car right ? I'm still learning how to haggle on a used 435i, anyways can you let us know what happens with this vehicle anyways...
  • DLuDLu NHPosts: 94
    edited April 2017
    I have found that cargurus helped me the most. I saw a 340i xDrive manual, 2017, sticker was around $63k. They advertised $58k online. I asked for $56k, but they gave me the usual excuses about invoice etc. Then I showed them the price analysis (free) on cargurus, which showed $56k as a "good" price, and $54k as a "great" price. They actually gave me the "great" price, even though I told them I just want a "good" price. I think the fact that it was a loaded BMW but had a stick helped me too. Cargurus shows you how many days was this car on the dealer's lot; mine was around 3 months, so I know they are more eager to get rid of it!