Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Jeep Gladiator- People who want it built!

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    While that would be nice, I wouldn't expect official comment on this vehicle from the manufacturer to be posted in an independent forum. I anticipate that any comments about the likelihood of production would be posted on their own website. Sometimes, we get "scoop" about manufacturing plans, and those stories are most likely to be found on our Inside Line section: http://www.insideline.com.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    pogsaucepogsauce Member Posts: 2
    This is my dream car.

JEEP - I HAVE THE MONEY READY TO SPEND and will buy one straight away.

If they don't build one before I win lotto, I will make my own when I do win. I'll just buy a JK and extend the chasis and put a tray bed on it.

Here's what I want, 4 seats (or at least dummy seats that I can put a child restraint on) a decent tray, 4wd and diesel. And ..... make mine a yellow one!
  • Options
    kprestonkpreston Member Posts: 2
    The JEEP GLADIATOR is the best concept I had seen in a long time. When Chrysler killed to plans to build it, I sent a letter to them telling them that it would big a hit as big as the PT Cruiser. I was told that it was not cost effective to build the truck; I then responded that since the Dakota was losing its popularity that it could be built on that platform and save some money. I then received a letter that Chrysler does not take suggestions from the public they are the experts in what the public wants, but yet they continue to build Soccer mom SUV's with Hemi's. With the cost of gas and fuel economy on every ones mind I don't see how that is better than the four cylinder diesel they planned for the Gladiator and other vehicles
  • Options
    pogsaucepogsauce Member Posts: 2
    There is a lot of information here -
    http://www.allpar.com/model/upcoming.html

unfortunately there is very little that is good news for all of us that want to see a GLADIATOR make it to production.
  • Options
    nomad283nomad283 Member Posts: 1
    this will be the biggest mistake jeep has made in years if they don't bring it into production.but i would like to see also a regular cab without the extra doors/extra seats and then put rock chip guard material on the lower body line to prevent paint damage when going off road.(in other words make it jeep tough for actual off road use not just driving on the freeway for moms/dads who have no desire to use it for what it is intended for -four wheeling off road) i would also like to see a factory rhino type bed liner so the bed can handle anything that can be thrown into it without damaging the bed or causing it to pre-maturely to rust out. also the biggest thing for me would be a undercoating to stop any rust/considering this is a off road vehicle. i hate when i buy a new vehicle and then find rust on the underside within 6 months of driving it off the lot.especially when they are charging over 20 grand for a base model.this is sort of the same thing chevy did when showing off a 1957 nomad retro concept possible production car and then deciding not to go through with it while dodge took the leap and is selling their version of their wagon like hot cakes.chevy also messed up when holding off on the anniversary version of the camaro.probably why they almost went bankrupt. i also could not stand what they did to the subaru brat/new baja when they made it into a mom mobile instead of a of road four wheeling monster with heavy duty suspension and ground clearance.something to really be able to drive off road without the bottom be torn out/ripped off just by driving over a 6-8" high obsticle/road hazard/bump.anyway i hope they take the leap and put the gladiator into production even if it is limited to people who place orders.afterall it should not take much to re-vamp jeep parts into the gladiator design.afterall didn't lee iacocca take some spare parts to make the biggest seller ford ever had,the mustang. seems like the new genereation just does not have the faith in their own abilities like the old war horses of the past when they had no limits on their designing abilities to produce new ideas and concepts that can be put into to production.maybe jeep needs a good swift kick in the rear end from the old engineers and designers to get them jump started again. : ).blahblah blah i could go on but i think you get the idea. build it and they will buy it.
  • Options
    killerbeeeekillerbeeee Member Posts: 1
    Chrysler/Fiat are brain dead if they do not build the Gladiator. Its a natural. I am ready to buy one right now. Everyone who has seen its pictures in my neck of the woods rave about it. We need a decent, smaller truck with serious off road capability built on Jeep. Come on Guys. build the dam thing. You have a major market waiting for you here.
  • Options
    kprestonkpreston Member Posts: 2
    I saw several drawing that a local kid from a design school has done with the Gladiator tricked based on some after market things available for the Jeep Brand now and the Gladiator would make for some really nice rides stock or set up. He also did some based on full size truck designs and it would make the military envious. There is a lot of potential with the design and like you said the people are brain dead or they are a bunch of girlie men who like the soccer mom designs. I say it is a time for Chrysler to get rid of the standard pick up look, dump the RAM and Dakota build them both as tough trucks based on the Gladiator design and sell them to both civilians and the military.
This discussion has been closed.