Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 vs 2017 BMW X5.. would you wait?

superdogsuperdog Member Posts: 37
edited June 2016 in BMW
Just curious.. would you take the 2016 with a lot of manuf. discounts/rebates.. or wait? I'm leaning towards waiting since my lease isn't up for another 5 months. Does anyone know where I can see some pics of the 2017??
Thx!
Tagged:

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    I'd wait but I'm notorious for that.

Are you buying next time around or going to lease again?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,976
    If this is for a BMW, the lease numbers on the 2017 models that have been released are actually worse than on the 2016s - this is to incent the customers and dealers to clear out old inventory.

If there isn't much difference between the equipment levels of the model years, no reason to wait. Deals on BMWs are pretty strong at the moment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• superdogsuperdog Member Posts: 37
    Stever: i'm leasing again. I think I'm going to wait for the 2017..
  • lisat91403lisat91403 Member Posts: 165
    Michaell said:

If this is for a BMW, the lease numbers on the 2017 models that have been released are actually worse than on the 2016s - this is to incent the customers and dealers to clear out old inventory.

If there isn't much difference between the equipment levels of the model years, no reason to wait. Deals on BMWs are pretty strong at the moment.

When you say deals are strong, what exactly do you mean? Just curious because the MF doesn't seem especially great to me.

Do you see that deals are any better for an X3 vs. an X5? I'm debating between the two.

Thanks!

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 240,976
     What I mean is that the discounts are pretty good.  I would not make my choice of vehicle based on the deal, but on the needs that I have and what appeals to me 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• techno077techno077 Member Posts: 21
    For example i scored 9k off a 535i in CA, when the 2017 will come out they would lease for 7 series numbers. And like it was said before bmw will not flood dealers with 2017 until 2016 stock is cleared.
  • lisat91403lisat91403 Member Posts: 165
    techno077 said:

For example i scored 9k off a 535i in CA, when the 2017 will come out they would lease for 7 series numbers. And like it was said before bmw will not flood dealers with 2017 until 2016 stock is cleared.

May I ask what part of CA you are in? What was the MSRP, and what did your payments end up being?
  • zoombie99zoombie99 Member Posts: 320
    Apple Play is going to be available as part of an option package for all builds after August 1st
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
    BMW 2019 Glacier Silver X3 30i being built to replace a 2017 X3 (wife's)
    zoombie99 said:

Apple Play is going to be available as part of an option package for all builds after August 1st

Actually, select builds but the X5 is included.

BMW 2019 540x Bluestone
  • superdogsuperdog Member Posts: 37
    anyone hearing of a release date yet for the 2017 x5? My lease is up in Oct.. I think it should be in by then no?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    superdog said:

anyone hearing of a release date yet for the 2017 x5? My lease is up in Oct.. I think it should be in by then no?

I haven't seen a date, but you would think October would be safe.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• adam_m_kadam_m_k Member Posts: 1
    Warranty changing. Going from 4/50,000 to 3/36,000miles and maintenance items such as wiper blades, tire rotation etc no longer included.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681
    adam_m_k said:

Warranty changing. Going from 4/50,000 to 3/36,000miles and maintenance items such as wiper blades, tire rotation etc no longer included.

The warranty isn't changing. Still 4/50.

But, the maintenance plan is being shortened, as noted.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

superdog said:

If you are currently driving a 3 series , 4 series or a 5 series, you can do a pull ahead to an X5.
    BMW 2019 540x Bluestone