Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Welcome to the Edmunds forums! We are changing the way you sign into our forums. Click here to learn more.

Please advice on 2016 535xi m sport demo car lease, please advice , thanks

damien1981damien1981 Posts: 2
edited June 2016 in BMW
Carbon black . 535xi, drivers assistant package , Hartman kardon, m sport . Loaner car of the dealer 5000 miles . Msrp 68k. Sale price $63k.
Lease offered to me is $2500 down and $770 / month for 36 months and 12k miles. Is that a reasonable deal for a demo car

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 60,708
    Here's a LEASE OFFER for $609 a month, 36 months but there's $3,500 down, so it's really $706 a monthl and it's only for 10K miles a year. Still, yours does sound a bit high.

I think you need to bargain hard on the selling price to get the payments down a bit. No sense leasing a "used" car for more than you could get a new one.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Share Your Vehicle Reviews Here

• MichaellMichaell ColoradoPosts: 78,195

Carbon black . 535xi, drivers assistant package , Hartman kardon, m sport . Loaner car of the dealer 5000 miles . Msrp 68k. Sale price $63k.
    Lease offered to me is $2500 down and $770 / month for 36 months and 12k miles. Is that a reasonable deal for a demo car

Two things to remember when leasing a demo vehicle

1. you should absolutely be able to negotiate a lower selling price than on a vehicle with 0-50 miles on it
    2. however, the residual is also adjusted downwards to reflect the mileage

I think you can lease a new 5-series for that payment -- no real incentive to get the car with 5K on the odometer already.

2016 VW Jetta 1.4T SE / 2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Share your vehicle reviews

• damien1981damien1981 Posts: 2
    edited June 2016
    Thanks a lot micheal& mrshiftright