Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2017 Honda Ridgeline Prices Paid

scottc3scottc3 Member Posts: 137
edited February 2017 in Honda
I ask a friend of mine, if he were to buy a truck, which one would he get? A few days later he came back with a few choices - one was the 2017 Ridgeline. Well, I did not realize this was a very new vehicle - as I had not been looking for a truck until this time - and even now thinking a year down the road. It seems, a few are in stock and there are no incentives. I can go the Tacoma route, or Subaru Outback, but I sort of like the Honda. Point is, there are options that would work fine for me. I'm just wondering how long it might be before we see dealers coming off MSRP? I like the RTL-T (as I recall the model number) but I'm not paying $40K + taxes, license, and $800 for the extended warranty - that brings the price, out the door, to something like $43K - $44K. Not worth that to me.. but $38-39K out the door, paying cash, is something that would get me very interested.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    It's really hard to say when or if prices might come down. Predicting future popularity is really hard. I'll guess it will be quite a while. Maybe, next Spring, but if it's a big hit, then who knows?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• scottc3scottc3 Member Posts: 137
    Well, we can all guess. I was hoping for something more concrete. There are too many similar trucks being sold for less that the pressure is on to be competitive. My guess, 3-5 months when inventory is on the lot and sales are not what Honda wants due to better deals on other similar trucks.. but again, that's just my guess.
  • thebeanthebean Member Posts: 1,217
    Sadly, none of us are omniscient, so guessing is all we can do.
    2015 Honda Accord EX, 2019 Honda HR-V EX
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,012
    Folks who are shopping the Ridgeline are not shopping at Ford or Chevy stores. I think it appeals to a completely different demographic, and the supply will be less than the demand for the near-term.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• wiseone2wiseone2 Member Posts: 15
    Don't wait for dealers to offer incentives, write your own deal and make an offer. I got an email quote for a
    2016 CRV, they offered $3k off sticker. So I'd offer $3k less than sticker on a Ridgeline and see if they bite.
    I'm thinking the profit margin is greater on a more expensive vehicle, so they still are making profit. Wave the money under their noses, maybe on the last day of the month when dealers are trying to meet a quota.
    Ok wise one, I like your idea. Of course I'll hear "huge demand, ...." But all I have to do is walk. I'll try $3k under and see. In no hurry so any result is fine with me.
    Michaell said:

Folks who are shopping the Ridgeline are not shopping at Ford or Chevy stores. I think it appeals to a completely different demographic, and the supply will be less than the demand for the near-term.

Yes, I agree. Just wondering what the "short term is" - I'm thinking a few months.

Just test drove the 2017 Ridgeline today. I liked the room inside - it was fine, but not 'overly' roomy. I was a bit disappointed with the acceleration and torque - but possible I did not get into acceleration mode as I did not 'floor it" - I just pushed the accelerator to the floor - and it accelerated fine, but did not push me back into the seat by any means. The trunk space, under the bed, was larger than I thought - with a lot of room. The dual action tail gate was nice and the radio synced with my iPhone great. The Nav system was nice but had some trouble with voice recognition when the A/C was on high. The quote I got was just above $42K for the RTL-T version and that we with no extended warranty. Add at least another grand for that and you are over $43K. Price incentive will happen at some point and as indicated above, taking off $3K is something to shoot for. I'd pay $40K for the truck with a 10 yr / 100,000 warranty - but I don't think I'll pay over that. While I did not like the no volume knob for the radio, the steering wheel controls worked the volume fine. The steering was great.
    I have now shifted from the Ridgeline to an SUV - looking at the Pilot, Highlander, and the Sorento. It's not an easy decision. But I have time on my side as I'm in no hurry and the new Highlander (2017) will be out soon with new engine and other goodies.
  • toledo73toledo73 Member Posts: 174
    Leased one in June. Wish I didn't. Trucks not for me. One of those impulse buys. Now I'm stuck. Dealer here in Bay Area had 2K off last week and many have have an abundance of them. Not the great demand I was expecting. Not even close to the Pilot. Always liked my CRV's. The redesign looks nice. The Pilot seems too big and the Highlander road feel is terrible
  • m5expressm5express Member Posts: 3
    Does Honda still allow customers to order a particular vehicle during the first three calendar days of the month?
    m5express said:

Does Honda still allow customers to order a particular vehicle during the first three calendar days of the month?

I've never heard that .. have you checked with the dealer? I would think they don't care when you order a car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

This was a while back when the Odyssey first came out. During the first three calendar days, you could order an Odyssey other than what was on the lot. This may have been due to the fact that the van was a very hot item. I am just trying to be ahead of the game with the Ridgeline. I will check with the dealer and find out what is up. Thanks for the help!! :-)
    @toledo73........Are you using your Ridgeline as a "truck" or as a "we make the every now and then run to Homedepot"?

@scottc3.......What year Ridgeline did you own before you traded over?

We are considering both new and used Ridgelines.
  • guitarzanguitarzan Member Posts: 873
    Michaell, what finance rates can I get on a new Ridgeline at this time? Honda shows 0.9% for other vehicles, but not this one.
    guitarzan said:

Michaell, what finance rates can I get on a new Ridgeline at this time? Honda shows 0.9% for other vehicles, but not this one.

I don't see any incented APR rates for the Ridgeline. Don't know what the standard rates are, sorry.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• charlie1974charlie1974 Member Posts: 2
    I drove the Ridgeline RTL-T and found the interior cramped especially around the driving pedals -- the parking brake pedal interferes with foot and leg movement. Try stretching your leg all the way out...tall guys can't do it.

The tailgate does not have a lock--good for thieves to steal -- yes this does happen.

Ground Clearance is awful -- 7 and a half inches. After the drive we pulled into a parking slot at the dealer and the front end scraped on the cement parking barrier. So much for any off road fun.

Spare tire is a donut and not really good for any off road areas.

Option packages do not include an XM radio until you are in the RTL-T price range of $35,860. This is ludicrous as the "lower" priced models of $30,000 to $34,000 don't have a decent entertainment system. Any vehicle that is priced over $30K should at least have an XM radio. Also who really needs speakers in the truck bed??

Towing capacity is very weak...how am I supposed to tow my three Honda motorcycles to the motocross XC events?

Bottom Line: This "truck" is not a working truck. It is for people who like the image of driving a truck, but don't need the utility of hauling or going to off road areas. I would call this a Sport Utility Truck as it is just another Pilot but without the covered luggage area.

Honda had the opportunity to build a Tacoma crushing vehicle, but has instead built a truck that people can't decide whether it is a Sport Utility Vehicle or just a weak truck.

On the positive side...my wife likes it.

• guitarzanguitarzan Member Posts: 873
    edited March 2017

Towing capacity is very weak...how am I supposed to tow my three Honda motorcycles to the motocross XC events?

This did not make sense to me. You have three 250 lb dirt bikes + trailer, and the Ridgeline capacity is over 3500 lbs. Where is the disconnect?

I have a 530 lb motorcycle and am considering this vehicle myself.

Spare tire is a donut and not really good for any off road areas.

My research shows that a full-size OEM wheel will fit in the spare tire compartment. If you are up-sizing that may be a problem. But otherwise you just need to purchase an extra OEM wheel.