Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Audi A4 Lease Question

luizperlluizperl Member Posts: 7
edited August 2016 in Audi
Hi All

Can anyone please advise on would be a good monthly lease payment deal based on the following:

2017 Audi A4 Premium Plus FWD

Negotiated Price: $42,000
Florida Sales Tax: 6%

$3,000 Down
36 Months
12,000 Miles

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,103
    luizperl said:

Hi All

Can anyone please advise on would be a good monthly lease payment deal based on the following:

2017 Audi A4 Premium Plus FWD

Negotiated Price: $42,000
    Florida Sales Tax: 6%

$3,000 Down
    36 Months
    12,000 Miles

Thanks in advance.

.00034 MF and 56% residual.

What is the MSRP?

Is $3000 the total amount due at signing?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• luizperlluizperl Member Posts: 7
    Thanks KYFDX

MSRP: $46,525

$3,000 was the out of pocket sum I was planning to pay.

Net sales price ( Selling Price + Fees and Sales Tax): $46,622.44

In the small print of the proposal I received from the dealer it says: 1st payment, security deposit, tax on down payment, license, title and documentation due at delivery

Does this help?

Thanks
    luizperl said:

Thanks KYFDX

MSRP: $46,525

$3,000 was the out of pocket sum I was planning to pay.

Net sales price ( Selling Price + Fees and Sales Tax): $46,622.44

In the small print of the proposal I received from the dealer it says: 1st payment, security deposit, tax on down payment, license, title and documentation due at delivery

Does this help?

Thanks

It helps a little. One problem is that Florida doesn't charge sales tax upfront, so if they included that in the price, then that really isn't part of the lease quote. Dealers like to mix up the numbers, to confuse the buyer.

If you can get a breakdown of how they got from the $42K selling price to the "Net sales price" of $46,622, then we can pull out the numbers that don't apply (like sales tax), and add in the ones that do (like $795 acq. fee). Then, once a payment is calculated, you can apply sales tax to that number.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• joker86joker86 Member Posts: 6
    Hello there,

Audi A4 premium Quattro 2017
    What should be the MF and Residual Value on the same.

Also, going for 24 months/12k mileage - MSRP - 43825.. Yet to negotiate the price and I m from NC, SO Gguess the sales tax on vehicles is 3℅.

If I plan to go for a 0 down - what should I expecting on monthly payments assuming a reasonable negotiation.

Thanks in advance!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,284
    joker86 said:

Hello there,

Audi A4 premium Quattro 2017
    What should be the MF and Residual Value on the same.

Also, going for 24 months/12k mileage - MSRP - 43825.. Yet to negotiate the price and I m from NC, SO Gguess the sales tax on vehicles is 3℅.

If I plan to go for a 0 down - what should I expecting on monthly payments assuming a reasonable negotiation.

Thanks in advance!

.00061 and 64%

$1000 marketing allowance and complimentary first payment.

For Audi, 6% off sticker before incentives is a good target price.

Do you mean $0 down payment or $0 out of pocket?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving :-)

I meant 0 down payment. Still I guess I ll have to pay upfront fees of $741 due signing - guess it includes acq and doc fees and yeah I have the Audi paying my first payment as complimentary

Just have two questions... 
    When u meant $1000 marketing allowance - what is that? Is it kind of discount ?

Secondly, when I was negotiating with the dealer via email for 6% off on MSRP (inclusive of destination fee) with an Audi care inclusive - I got the below response from dealer

"As you probably know, we only have 6% mark up before any NC inspections and post delivery preparation. We also have no control over the delivery charge and Audi charges us for Audi care, we make no money on it. We cannot sell the car for over a $2,000 dollar loss"

Could you help me understand whether whatever he has replied makes any sense to negotiation and is to ok for me to stick with whatever I have asked for as part of the negotiation.
    joker86 said:

Thanks! Happy Thanksgiving :-)

I meant 0 down payment. Still I guess I ll have to pay upfront fees of $741 due signing - guess it includes acq and doc fees and yeah I have the Audi paying my first payment as complimentary

Just have two questions... 
    When u meant $1000 marketing allowance - what is that? Is it kind of discount ?

Secondly, when I was negotiating with the dealer via email for 6% off on MSRP (inclusive of destination fee) with an Audi care inclusive - I got the below response from dealer

"As you probably know, we only have 6% mark up before any NC inspections and post delivery preparation. We also have no control over the delivery charge and Audi charges us for Audi care, we make no money on it. We cannot sell the car for over a $2,000 dollar loss"

Could you help me understand whether whatever he has replied makes any sense to negotiation and is to ok for me to stick with whatever I have asked for as part of the negotiation.

Up front costs are likely to be more than $741. Get a breakdown from the dealer on that.

$1000 is a factory to dealer incentive. Deduct from your best price.

Check with another dealer - the competition between them will get you the best deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

Okies... And jus one query 

Which is a preferred leasing approach ?
    Going for the fees payment upfront or getting it rolled into monthly lease payments.

Also, just wanted to know expecting 6℅ off after the incentives is a fair expectation rite and not a insensible one.
    joker86 said:

Okies... And jus one query 

Which is a preferred leasing approach ?
    Going for the fees payment upfront or getting it rolled into monthly lease payments.

Also, just wanted to know expecting 6℅ off after the incentives is a fair expectation rite and not a insensible one.

1st payment and non-taxable government fees upfront. Roll everything else into the payment.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

Could you help with this alone ?
     just wanted to know expecting 6℅ off after the incentives is a fair expectation rite and not a insensible one.

Incentives being $1000 marketing allowance and first payment covered by Audi.
    edited November 2016
    joker86 said:

Could you help with this alone ?
     just wanted to know expecting 6℅ off after the incentives is a fair expectation rite and not a insensible one.

Incentives being $1000 marketing allowance and first payment covered by Audi.

I'd go in and offer 8% off sticker and work your way up. Get multiple dealers involved to compete against each other.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Suppose if the car I m looking for is NOT in the dealer's lot but have to ordered or transferred - would that affect my 6-8% negotiations or I can still go ahead , negotiate and lock the deal as we wait for the car to come in.

Just wanted to know how the dealer might react to negotiations if the car being NOT in the lot.
    joker86 said:

Suppose if the car I m looking for is NOT in the dealer's lot but have to ordered or transferred - would that affect my 6-8% negotiations or I can still go ahead , negotiate and lock the deal as we wait for the car to come in.

Just wanted to know how the dealer might react to negotiations if the car being NOT in the lot.

It won't help..if they don't actually have the car you want. But, I'd still use the same target price.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

MSRP: $45925
    Discount negotiated: $2500
    Negotiated Cap amount: $43425
    Lease term: 24/10k
    Residual: 67%
    MF: 0.00101 - couldn't negotiate to base mf of 0.00061
    Acq fee - $780 ; doc fee - $595; DMV fees - $91
    Upfront fees due signing - $1466 out of which Audi pays $754 leaving me $712 due at signing.
    Sales tax - 3% in NC on the lease payments

Given this I was quoted $655 per month inclusive of sales tax with no down payment except for $712 fees due at signing.

Could you advise if this looks ok and $655 per month seems as per the expected calculations

joker86 said:

MSRP: $45925
    Discount negotiated: $2500
    Negotiated Cap amount: $43425
    Lease term: 24/10k
    Residual: 67%
    MF: 0.00101 - couldn't negotiate to base mf of 0.00061
    Acq fee - $780 ; doc fee - $595; DMV fees - $91
    Upfront fees due signing - $1466 out of which Audi pays $754 leaving me $712 due at signing.
    Sales tax - 3% in NC on the lease payments

Given this I was quoted $655 per month inclusive of sales tax with no down payment except for $712 fees due at signing.

Could you advise if this looks ok and $655 per month seems as per the expected calculations

If the sales tax is applied against the monthly payment, I get $612/mo with those numbers. $582/mo with the base MF.

Confirm the adjusted cap cost with the dealer.

And, politely tell them you won't sign a deal with an inflated MF. Dealers do have to make money, so they'll either give you the base rate and an "OK" discount from sticker, or an inflated MF and a killer discount.

Looks to me like an OK discount and an inflated MF.

I'd say you can do better ... try reaching out to other dealers; the competition between them will get you the best deal.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• Amt001Amt001 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to Lease Audi A4 Premium Plus, can someone help me with Residual Value and Money factor for New Jersey?
    Amt001 said:

I am looking to Lease Audi A4 Premium Plus, can someone help me with Residual Value and Money factor for New Jersey?

Quattro?
    36/15
    .00050 MF and 49% residual
    $2500 lease bonus

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator