2017 Audi A4 Lease Terms in VA

sixsencesixsence Member Posts: 51
edited September 2016 in Audi
I went to the dealership today and locked in the car and lease terms that I will get when I'm able to sign within the next month or two. I'm trying to see if I got a decent deal and if there is anything else I can negotiate between now and when I sign.

MSRP is based off the car I requested which is:

2017 Audi A4 Quattro AWD w/ Technology package (Brilliant black w/ black interior)

However, they didn't have the exact car so they found a car that matches but also has the cold weather package and all weather floor mats. They are including this at no extra charge and no change to MSRP. These options would normally add $690 to MSRP.

MSRP: $46,450 + $950 Delivery fee = $47,400

Final negotiated price (6% off MSRP) = $44,556

Sales tax: $1,963.04 (Not sure how they came up with this. I believe Virginia sales tax is 4.15% and I can't arrive at that number using MSRP or the final negotiated price)

Processing fee: $599
Lease Acquisition/Bank fee: $795
Plates / Registration: $60.75

Final Lease Price: $47,973

Lease terms:
36 months, 12,000 miles per year
Residual: 58%
MF: .00134

If I pay absolutely nothing at signing, they are quoting me at between $670-$680 a month.

If I pay all fees up front except sales tax, it would be approximately in the range of $612-$622 a month

They told me security deposits won't lower the money factor. I forgot to ask if adding in Audi Care will raise the residual and pretty much pay for itself?


Does this sound like a good and legit deal, and do the residual and money factor numbers they gave me seem right, based on the monthly payment amounts they gave me? Are the fees (Delivery, Acquisition, Processing, Plates/Registration) normal?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,739
    sixsence said:

    I went to the dealership today and locked in the car and lease terms that I will get when I'm able to sign within the next month or two. I'm trying to see if I got a decent deal and if there is anything else I can negotiate between now and when I sign.

    MSRP is based off the car I requested which is:

    2017 Audi A4 Quattro AWD w/ Technology package (Brilliant black w/ black interior)

    However, they didn't have the exact car so they found a car that matches but also has the cold weather package and all weather floor mats. They are including this at no extra charge and no change to MSRP. These options would normally add $690 to MSRP.

    MSRP: $46,450 + $950 Delivery fee = $47,400

    Final negotiated price (6% off MSRP) = $44,556

    Sales tax: $1,963.04 (Not sure how they came up with this. I believe Virginia sales tax is 4.15% and I can't arrive at that number using MSRP or the final negotiated price)

    Processing fee: $599
    Lease Acquisition/Bank fee: $795
    Plates / Registration: $60.75

    Final Lease Price: $47,973

    Lease terms:
    36 months, 12,000 miles per year
    Residual: 58%
    MF: .00134

    If I pay absolutely nothing at signing, they are quoting me at between $670-$680 a month.

    If I pay all fees up front except sales tax, it would be approximately in the range of $612-$622 a month

    They told me security deposits won't lower the money factor. I forgot to ask if adding in Audi Care will raise the residual and pretty much pay for itself?


    Does this sound like a good and legit deal, and do the residual and money factor numbers they gave me seem right, based on the monthly payment amounts they gave me? Are the fees (Delivery, Acquisition, Processing, Plates/Registration) normal?

    Thanks in advance.

    .00079 MF and 58% residual.
    With their numbers, I get $670/mo., with 1st payment due at signing.
    They are marking up the MF for extra profit.
    The processing fee is really high, but not atypical.
    They probably don't want to do MSDs, as that might expose the MF markup
    AudiCare will add 1% to the residual, but it's $849. That will raise the payment by about $12/mo., but you will probably come out ahead, considering the cost of service.
    They might be able to keep your payment the same,but if they get a car with a higher MSRP, then that's the MSRP on the lease. No changing that.
    The money factor markup alone, is adding $42/mo. to the payment.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • sixsencesixsence Member Posts: 51
    edited September 2016
    kyfdx said:


    .00079 MF and 58% residual.
    With their numbers, I get $670/mo., with 1st payment due at signing.
    They are marking up the MF for extra profit.
    The processing fee is really high, but not atypical.
    They probably don't want to do MSDs, as that might expose the MF markup
    AudiCare will add 1% to the residual, but it's $849. That will raise the payment by about $12/mo., but you will probably come out ahead, considering the cost of service.
    They might be able to keep your payment the same,but if they get a car with a higher MSRP, then that's the MSRP on the lease. No changing that.
    The money factor markup alone, is adding $42/mo. to the payment.

    So will they generally negotiate on the MF? They need to make some money, so I wouldn't expect them to go all the way down to .00079, but is it reasonable to ask for .00099 or something around there?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,739
    sixsence said:

    kyfdx said:


    .00079 MF and 58% residual.
    With their numbers, I get $670/mo., with 1st payment due at signing.
    They are marking up the MF for extra profit.
    The processing fee is really high, but not atypical.
    They probably don't want to do MSDs, as that might expose the MF markup
    AudiCare will add 1% to the residual, but it's $849. That will raise the payment by about $12/mo., but you will probably come out ahead, considering the cost of service.
    They might be able to keep your payment the same,but if they get a car with a higher MSRP, then that's the MSRP on the lease. No changing that.
    The money factor markup alone, is adding $42/mo. to the payment.

    So will they generally negotiate on the MF? They need to make some money, so I wouldn't expect them to go all the way down to .00079, but is it reasonable to ask for .00099 or something around there?
    Every lease deal I've done is at the base MF. They make money by selling the vehicle, right?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • sixsencesixsence Member Posts: 51
    kyfdx said:

    Every lease deal I've done is at the base MF. They make money by selling the vehicle, right?

    Wow, thanks for the information. So regardless of the dealership, I should expect to get 6% off MSRP and get the base residual and MF? So I shouldn't settle for anything less than .00079 and 58%, with 6% off MSRP
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,739
    sixsence said:

    kyfdx said:

    Every lease deal I've done is at the base MF. They make money by selling the vehicle, right?

    Wow, thanks for the information. So regardless of the dealership, I should expect to get 6% off MSRP and get the base residual and MF? So I shouldn't settle for anything less than .00079 and 58%, with 6% off MSRP
    The residual is fixed.

    I wouldn't expect that, but that's what you want. I didn't say that it wasn't a lot of hard work. ;)

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • sixsencesixsence Member Posts: 51
    kyfdx said:


    The residual is fixed.

    I wouldn't expect that, but that's what you want. I didn't say that it wasn't a lot of hard work. ;)

    Fair enough. Last question I promise..

    You got $670 per month with the numbers I gave you. I'm getting $665 a month.

    The only way I get $670 a month is if I include the fees and taxes when calculating the interest payment, which is based on the MF.

    So does the interest payment = Negotiated price ($44,556) + Residual ($27,492) + Sales tax ($1,963.04) + Processing fee ($599) + Acquisition fee ($795) + Registration/Tags ($60.75) all multiplied by the MF (.00134) ?

    Or is the interest payment just the (negotiated price + residual) * MF ?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,063
    sixsence said:

    kyfdx said:


    The residual is fixed.

    I wouldn't expect that, but that's what you want. I didn't say that it wasn't a lot of hard work. ;)

    Fair enough. Last question I promise..

    You got $670 per month with the numbers I gave you. I'm getting $665 a month.

    The only way I get $670 a month is if I include the fees and taxes when calculating the interest payment, which is based on the MF.

    So does the interest payment = Negotiated price ($44,556) + Residual ($27,492) + Sales tax ($1,963.04) + Processing fee ($599) + Acquisition fee ($795) + Registration/Tags ($60.75) all multiplied by the MF (.00134) ?

    Or is the interest payment just the (negotiated price + residual) * MF ?
    If you are not paying the taxes and fees up front and adding them to the negotiated price, then your calculations is correct.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • anyaudianyaudi Member Posts: 3
    How about for an A4 Premium Plus, 42 mos/12k miles? Does the MF change?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,063
    anyaudi said:

    How about for an A4 Premium Plus, 42 mos/12k miles? Does the MF change?

    FWD or Quattro?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • anyaudianyaudi Member Posts: 3
    Quattro.

    Also interested in Prestige Quattro. TIA!
  • sixsencesixsence Member Posts: 51
    edited October 2016
    anyaudi said:

    Quattro.

    Also interested in Prestige Quattro. TIA!

    42/12 with premium plus quattro is the way to go. 0.00081 and 53%. If you are in VA, I negotiatied a lease with premium plus quattro w/ tech package and cold weather package, and audi care. MSRP around $48k-$49k, 8.23% off MSRP and monthly payment of about $600 a month only paying first month's payment up front.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,739
    anyaudi said:

    How about for an A4 Premium Plus, 42 mos/12k miles? Does the MF change?

    anyaudi said:

    Quattro.

    Also interested in Prestige Quattro. TIA!

    .00061 MF and 53%/49% residual for Prem+/Prestige for 42/12.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,063
    kyfdx said:
    How about for an A4 Premium Plus, 42 mos/12k miles? Does the MF change?
    Quattro. Also interested in Prestige Quattro. TIA!
    .00061 MF and 53%/49% residual for Prem+/Prestige for 42/12.
    Isn't the MF .00081 for 42 months?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,739
    Michaell said:


    kyfdx said:

    anyaudi said:

    How about for an A4 Premium Plus, 42 mos/12k miles? Does the MF change?

    anyaudi said:

    Quattro.

    Also interested in Prestige Quattro. TIA!

    .00061 MF and 53%/49% residual for Prem+/Prestige for 42/12.

    Isn't the MF .00081 for 42 months?

    You would expect so.... and, it's that way in some regions, but the Eastern Region shows .00061, which is where I found it.

    It's just a guess, but I bet that's a typo on that document, and that .00081 is the correct MF.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,063
    kyfdx said:

    Michaell said:


    kyfdx said:

    anyaudi said:

    How about for an A4 Premium Plus, 42 mos/12k miles? Does the MF change?

    anyaudi said:

    Quattro.

    Also interested in Prestige Quattro. TIA!

    .00061 MF and 53%/49% residual for Prem+/Prestige for 42/12.

    Isn't the MF .00081 for 42 months?
    You would expect so.... and, it's that way in some regions, but the Eastern Region shows .00061, which is where I found it.

    It's just a guess, but I bet that's a typo on that document, and that .00081 is the correct MF.

    Oops. Guess we can hope the OP can confirm with the dealer.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • anyaudianyaudi Member Posts: 3
    Well the dealer (at least at first) said they couldn't do better than .00099, which sounded wrong to me. I may have to check out a different dealer. Thanks for the info!

  • sixsencesixsence Member Posts: 51
    edited October 2016
    kyfdx said:

    Michaell said:


    kyfdx said:

    Michaell said:


    kyfdx said:

    anyaudi said:

    How about for an A4 Premium Plus, 42 mos/12k miles? Does the MF change?

    anyaudi said:

    Quattro.

    Also interested in Prestige Quattro. TIA!

    .00061 MF and 53%/49% residual for Prem+/Prestige for 42/12.

    Isn't the MF .00081 for 42 months?
    You would expect so.... and, it's that way in some regions, but the Eastern Region shows .00061, which is where I found it.

    It's just a guess, but I bet that's a typo on that document, and that .00081 is the correct MF.
    What!? You are saying that it's showing .00061 for 42/12 in VA!? Wtf
  • chwahoochwahoo Member Posts: 2
    Also in VA: Looking for MF and Residual for 10,000/42. A4 Premium Plus Quattro.
  • chwahoochwahoo Member Posts: 2
    edited October 2016
    @Michaell Also, can AudiCare only be used at the dealership from which you lease/buy or can it be used at any Audi service center?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,063
    chwahoo said:

    Also in VA: Looking for MF and Residual for 10,000/42. A4 Premium Plus Quattro.

    .00081 and 54%
    chwahoo said:

    @Michaell Also, can AudiCare only be used at the dealership from which you lease/buy or can it be used at any Audi service center?

    Not entirely sure, but I think you can use it anywhere.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Sign In or Register to comment.