2017 Audi A4 Lease Monthly Payment Calculation

sixsencesixsence Member Posts: 51
edited September 2016 in Audi
I would just like to know if I'm calculating the monthly payment correctly based on the lease terms I was given by the dealership. This is assuming I pay nothing down and nothing at lease signing, so all fees and taxes are rolled in to the lease.

This is for a 2017 Audi A4 Quattro AWD w/ Technology package (Brilliant black w/ black interior)

Lease period: 36 months
Miles per year: 12,000

MSRP: $46,450 + $950 Delivery fee = $47,400
Final negotiated price (6% off MSRP) = $44,556
Residual (58%): $47,400 * 0.58 = $27,492

Base Payment (Final negotiated price - Residual): $44,556 - $27,492 = $17,064
Sales tax (4.15% in VA): $1,963.04
Processing fee: $599
Lease Acquisition/Bank fee: $795
Plates / Registration: $60.75

Interest payment based on MF =
((Final negotiated price + Residual) * MF * Lease period) =
($44,556 + $27,492) * 0.00134 = $96.54 per month * 36 months = $3,475.44

Total loan amount = $23,957.23
Monthly payment = $23,957.23 / 36 months = $665.48

The dealership quoted me at between $670-$680 per month, so my calculated amount is not in this range.

The MSRP, final negotiated price, sales tax, and all fees were given to me in writing from the dealership, so I'm simply calculating the interest amount based on the MF they told me, and calculating the base payment, adding everything up and dividing by the lease term (36 months). Where am I going wrong?

Comments

  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,717
    sixsence said:

    I would just like to know if I'm calculating the monthly payment correctly based on the lease terms I was given by the dealership. This is assuming I pay nothing down and nothing at lease signing, so all fees and taxes are rolled in to the lease.

    This is for a 2017 Audi A4 Quattro AWD w/ Technology package (Brilliant black w/ black interior)

    Lease period: 36 months
    Miles per year: 12,000

    MSRP: $46,450 + $950 Delivery fee = $47,400
    Final negotiated price (6% off MSRP) = $44,556
    Residual (58%): $47,400 * 0.58 = $27,492

    Base Payment (Final negotiated price - Residual): $44,556 - $27,492 = $17,064
    Sales tax (4.15% in VA): $1,963.04
    Processing fee: $599
    Lease Acquisition/Bank fee: $795
    Plates / Registration: $60.75

    Interest payment based on MF =
    ((Final negotiated price + Residual) * MF * Lease period) =
    ($44,556 + $27,492) * 0.00134 = $96.54 per month * 36 months = $3,475.44

    Total loan amount = $23,957.23
    Monthly payment = $23,957.23 / 36 months = $665.48

    The dealership quoted me at between $670-$680 per month, so my calculated amount is not in this range.

    The MSRP, final negotiated price, sales tax, and all fees were given to me in writing from the dealership, so I'm simply calculating the interest amount based on the MF they told me, and calculating the base payment, adding everything up and dividing by the lease term (36 months). Where am I going wrong?

    If you are rolling this stuff into the lease payment
    Sales tax (4.15% in VA): $1,963.04
    Processing fee: $599
    Lease Acquisition/Bank fee: $795
    Plates / Registration: $60.75

    then, you have to add it to your negotiated price, before calculating depreciation. Since you are financing that money, it's all subject to the money factor.
    So it looks like this:
    Base Payment (Adjusted CAP cost - Residual): $47974 - $27492 = $20,482/36 = $568.94/mo.
    Finance: ($47974 + $27492) * .00134 = $101.12/mo.

    $568.94 + $101.12 = $670/mo. approx.

    Of course, if you are paying ZERO at lease signing, you have to roll in the first payment, as well. That will add another $18-$19/mo.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • sixsencesixsence Member Posts: 51
    kyfdx said:


    If you are rolling this stuff into the lease payment
    Sales tax (4.15% in VA): $1,963.04
    Processing fee: $599
    Lease Acquisition/Bank fee: $795
    Plates / Registration: $60.75

    then, you have to add it to your negotiated price, before calculating depreciation. Since you are financing that money, it's all subject to the money factor.
    So it looks like this:
    Base Payment (Adjusted CAP cost - Residual): $47974 - $27492 = $20,482/36 = $568.94/mo.
    Finance: ($47974 + $27492) * .00134 = $101.12/mo.

    $568.94 + $101.12 = $670/mo. approx.

    Of course, if you are paying ZERO at lease signing, you have to roll in the first payment, as well. That will add another $18-$19/mo.

    Thank you so much! This clears up so much for me, you have no idea. Thanks again :smile:
  • driven8driven8 Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2016
    I'm looking to lease a 2017 A4 prem plus with tech 36/10k and zero down in CA. I'd pay the tax upfront and look to a one time pay lease. What is the going money factor and residual for such an offer?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,717
    driven8 said:

    I'm looking to lease a 2017 A4 prem plus with tech 36/10k and zero down in CA. I'd pay the tax upfront and look to a one time pay lease. What is the going money factor and residual for such an offer?

    Quattro or FWD?

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • driven8driven8 Member Posts: 4
    Quattro. And if I didn't go with the one time pay lease, what would the money factor look like?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 207,717
    driven8 said:

    I'm looking to lease a 2017 A4 prem plus with tech 36/10k and zero down in CA. I'd pay the tax upfront and look to a one time pay lease. What is the going money factor and residual for such an offer?

    driven8 said:

    Quattro. And if I didn't go with the one time pay lease, what would the money factor look like?

    .00061 MF and 58% residual.

    With a single-pay lease, the money factor would drop to .00001

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

    Edmunds Moderator

  • driven8driven8 Member Posts: 4
    Great. Thank you so much!
  • msochemist1msochemist1 Member Posts: 31
    Hi,
    Can you give me the money factor and residual value for 2017 A4 scuba blue with premium plus, tech pkg, cold weather package, and sport package in MA state?
  • msochemist1msochemist1 Member Posts: 31
    36 m/10k
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,039

    Hi,
    Can you give me the money factor and residual value for 2017 A4 scuba blue with premium plus, tech pkg, cold weather package, and sport package in MA state?

    36 m/10k

    Assuming this is Quattro, .00061 and 58%

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • msochemist1msochemist1 Member Posts: 31
    Thank you. How about 1 time paid lease?
    The dealer said that the buyout rate is 0.00015 is this true?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,039

    Thank you. How about 1 time paid lease?
    The dealer said that the buyout rate is 0.00015 is this true?

    Not exactly. There is a .00060 discount in the MF one a one-pay lease. Audi stipulates a minimum MF of .00005 for any lease, however.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • rdsglenrdsglen Member Posts: 2
    Hi, Can you supply MF and residual for 2017 A4 Quattro Prestige w/Driver Assist, Warm Weather Pkg 36/7.5K, Calif.
    Thanks.
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,039
    rdsglen said:

    Hi, Can you supply MF and residual for 2017 A4 Quattro Prestige w/Driver Assist, Warm Weather Pkg 36/7.5K, Calif.
    Thanks.

    .00061 and 54%

    Complimentary first payment.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • mike99cmike99c Member Posts: 17
    Hello. Could you please provide the MF and residual for 2017 A4 Quattro Prestige in Massachusetts for the following terms & miles:

    36/10
    36/12
    36/15

    Thank you very much!
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,039
    mike99c said:

    Hello. Could you please provide the MF and residual for 2017 A4 Quattro Prestige in Massachusetts for the following terms & miles:

    36/10
    36/12
    36/15

    Thank you very much!

    .00061 and 54% / 53% / 51%

    $1000 marketing allowance and complimentary first payment

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • mike99cmike99c Member Posts: 17
    Thank you!
  • bceagles88bceagles88 Member Posts: 49
    Is the $1000 marketing allowance for the Prestige only?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,039

    Is the $1000 marketing allowance for the Prestige only?

    No, all trim levels have the incentive available.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • talhas3talhas3 Member Posts: 3
    sixsence said:

    I would just like to know if I'm calculating the monthly payment correctly based on the lease terms I was given by the dealership. This is assuming I pay nothing down and nothing at lease signing, so all fees and taxes are rolled in to the lease.

    This is for a 2017 Audi A4 Quattro AWD w/ Technology package (Brilliant black w/ black interior)

    Lease period: 36 months
    Miles per year: 12,000

    MSRP: $46,450 + $950 Delivery fee = $47,400
    Final negotiated price (6% off MSRP) = $44,556
    Residual (58%): $47,400 * 0.58 = $27,492

    Base Payment (Final negotiated price - Residual): $44,556 - $27,492 = $17,064
    Sales tax (4.15% in VA): $1,963.04
    Processing fee: $599
    Lease Acquisition/Bank fee: $795
    Plates / Registration: $60.75

    Interest payment based on MF =
    ((Final negotiated price + Residual) * MF * Lease period) =
    ($44,556 + $27,492) * 0.00134 = $96.54 per month * 36 months = $3,475.44

    Total loan amount = $23,957.23
    Monthly payment = $23,957.23 / 36 months = $665.48

    The dealership quoted me at between $670-$680 per month, so my calculated amount is not in this range.

    The MSRP, final negotiated price, sales tax, and all fees were given to me in writing from the dealership, so I'm simply calculating the interest amount based on the MF they told me, and calculating the base payment, adding everything up and dividing by the lease term (36 months). Where am I going wrong?

    I put your numbers in the lease payment calculator on bankrate.com and I am coming up with a monthly payment of $493.

    http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/auto/auto-lease-calculator.aspx

    Is that not a reliable source to calculate the lease payment on a desired car?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,039
    talhas3 said:

    sixsence said:

    I would just like to know if I'm calculating the monthly payment correctly based on the lease terms I was given by the dealership. This is assuming I pay nothing down and nothing at lease signing, so all fees and taxes are rolled in to the lease.

    This is for a 2017 Audi A4 Quattro AWD w/ Technology package (Brilliant black w/ black interior)

    Lease period: 36 months
    Miles per year: 12,000

    MSRP: $46,450 + $950 Delivery fee = $47,400
    Final negotiated price (6% off MSRP) = $44,556
    Residual (58%): $47,400 * 0.58 = $27,492

    Base Payment (Final negotiated price - Residual): $44,556 - $27,492 = $17,064
    Sales tax (4.15% in VA): $1,963.04
    Processing fee: $599
    Lease Acquisition/Bank fee: $795
    Plates / Registration: $60.75

    Interest payment based on MF =
    ((Final negotiated price + Residual) * MF * Lease period) =
    ($44,556 + $27,492) * 0.00134 = $96.54 per month * 36 months = $3,475.44

    Total loan amount = $23,957.23
    Monthly payment = $23,957.23 / 36 months = $665.48

    The dealership quoted me at between $670-$680 per month, so my calculated amount is not in this range.

    The MSRP, final negotiated price, sales tax, and all fees were given to me in writing from the dealership, so I'm simply calculating the interest amount based on the MF they told me, and calculating the base payment, adding everything up and dividing by the lease term (36 months). Where am I going wrong?

    I put your numbers in the lease payment calculator on bankrate.com and I am coming up with a monthly payment of $493.

    http://www.bankrate.com/calculators/auto/auto-lease-calculator.aspx

    Is that not a reliable source to calculate the lease payment on a desired car?
    On-line calculators are notorious for making assumptions we know nothing about.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • ian2001rian2001r Member Posts: 1
    Looking at leasing a 2017 A4 Prem Plus Quattro. Current Audi owner. Is the $1K marketing stackable with a loyalty bonus, or is it either/or?

    Also, how does the MF and Residual change if you do a 42 vs a 36? or a 7.5K Miles vs 10K?
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,039
    ian2001r said:

    Looking at leasing a 2017 A4 Prem Plus Quattro. Current Audi owner. Is the $1K marketing stackable with a loyalty bonus, or is it either/or?

    Also, how does the MF and Residual change if you do a 42 vs a 36? or a 7.5K Miles vs 10K?

    36/10 - .00061 and 58%
    42/10 - .00081 and 54%

    Add 1% for 7.5K

    $1K marketing allowance should be stackable with loyalty.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • abhi_sahaabhi_saha Member Posts: 1
    Looking to lease loaded out 2017 Audi A4 Premium Plus with tech package, convenience package, cold weather package. Probably a $0 down , 36 months with 12k miles/year. I want to register the vehicle in Lansing,Michigan. What will be the lease break down please. I am open to lease from any state even New York, New Jersey also will work for me. Thanks and let me know if you need more details.
  • novaman6novaman6 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2016
    Hello there! I am looking to lease an Audi A4 Premium Plus Quattro. I plan to lease it for 36 months, 10K miles. Registration will be in Virginia. What is the money factor, residual value and any incentives for Audi? (not a current audi owner)
  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,039
    abhi_saha said:

    Looking to lease loaded out 2017 Audi A4 Premium Plus with tech package, convenience package, cold weather package. Probably a $0 down , 36 months with 12k miles/year. I want to register the vehicle in Lansing,Michigan. What will be the lease break down please. I am open to lease from any state even New York, New Jersey also will work for me. Thanks and let me know if you need more details.

    .00061 and 57%. $1000 mkt allowance and complimentary first payment.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

  • MichaellMichaell ColoradoModerator Posts: 206,039
    novaman6 said:

    Hello there! I am looking to lease an Audi A4 Premium Plus Quattro. I plan to lease it for 36 months, 10K miles. Registration will be in Virginia. What is the money factor, residual value and any incentives for Audi? (not a current audi owner)

    .00061 and 58%. $1000 mkt allowance and complimentary first payment.

    Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!


    MODERATOR

    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

Sign In or Register to comment.