Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Chevrolet Corvette Prices Paid and Buying Experiences

Comments

• Options
    ssmerocketssmerocket Member Posts: 6
    Ok, well the dealer delivered the car to my door Wednesday night(no charge,70 miles) and my 21 yr old daughter(who didn't know I had bought it) screamed and jumped up and down when she saw it....now I don't know if it will have the same effect on single gals my age...time will tell.
    Just an awesome car. 500 miles can't come soon enough, 55mph is just tough to do all the time. But I'm curious as to why its a speed number for break-in and not also an RPM limit for the engine?? 55 in 5th gear is barely 2000RPM.
    The dealer had 9 cars last week and is down to 3 this week, maybe less, so they are moving them. Yes they will be last years model in a few weeks but thats okay....we're having fun!
  • Options
    ultraman19ultraman19 Member Posts: 24
    I have followed break in instruction for every new Vette I have bought(9) -- 500 miles before going over 55mph, and the corresponding levels on RPM. However, in over half of my Vettes(5), I have had significant oil usage. Cheverolet replaced my engine on my '96 LT4 at 27,000 miles( it had used 2+++ quarts of oil from the first oil change).

Everytime I left the dealership, the owner would tell me: " you don't have to break these in, drive them anyway you want to and have fun."( I have purchased four from the same dealership) But I followed GM's break - in instructions to the letter.

I'm taking another course with my new C6 convertible.

I had to drive 40 miles on a State Turnpike to get home, and I opened it up a little. I got to 100 mph with eight miles on it. I kept the RPM 3100 or under and didn't stay at 100 MPH long. Th remainer of my driving has been slower and varied. I'm at 150 miles and everything seems to be fine.

In the past, I would have never driven that fast that soon, but following manufacture's suggestions have not worked on the Vettes I've purchased. I've already had an engine replaced and my cars looked upon as " research vehicles." What do I have to lose?

I also purchased a 84 month/70,000 extended warranty.

This is the finest and most fun Vette I've owned, and I've only had it two weeks.

To SSMEROCKET: It will work on older gals. On the turnpike home, the toll booth lady told me she was off work in an hour and would " buy dinner " -- and she was FAR north of my age. Maybe that's the answer to limited dating opportunities for males 16-22, buy a Vette. (Sorry, I forgot, the new dating pool are their teachers.)
  • Options
    derekw1derekw1 Member Posts: 8
    Does anyone know if Kerbeck accepts the GMS discount on 06 or even ordering an 07. Also I am looking at getting a base 1 LT and interesting in other people's opinion who may have purchased one etc. Lastly does anyone know when the 07 will be available and price difference. Thanks.
  • Options
    rayainswrayainsw Member Posts: 3,192
    1 - I would suggest that you contact Kerbeck directly.
    2 – Edmunds has 2007 pricing up now . .
    3 – My local dealer has several 2007s listed as “inbound” with due dates as early as 10 July.

Good luck!
    - Ray
    Working on a 2007 3LT . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Options
    It's been one week and 400 miles and I can't say enough about the car, awesome ride, most fun driving a car I've ever had and people wave,smile,stop and ask questions,wow!
    The dealership has called 3 times in the past week to see how I'm doing.. I asked the salesman about the 500 mile break in and he said the same thing: "drive it,it's already broken in". Well, I'm only a 100 miles away from 500 so I'll remain somewhat conservative. I hope the dealership remains this attentive "down the road" so to speak....
  • Options
    This is the finest Vette made to date.When my wife wants to go for a nightly ride, you know it must be awesome.I'm beginning to be very afraid that she might want to learn to drive a six speed.

I'm with you concerning the dealer's "break in" attitude--hoping they're as magnanimous down the road. I think GM's fear about new performance cars is people will begin to redline/abuse/race/ burn up tires immediately.The only folks I've even known that abused new Vettes were kids that received them as presents. In these cases, I'm sure they would have abused anything. I was having my oil changed on my '02 Z06 and a new '03 was in the service area.A kid went to OU and had just received it for his birthday.He went to a Wal-mart parking lot and started doing donuts. He tore the back section off by hitting a pole, ruined three tires and broke the driver side rear axle. His parents were suiting GM and the dealership because they would not cover the damage under warranty.They claimed that a Vette was designed to be a "race car" and it must have been a lemon because this was not excessive treatment. I know the parents finally dropped the case, but I think their insurance paid for the repairs.

If they really want variable driving, I don't see how going 100 mph at 2900-3000 rpm, on a car designed to go 180+, would cause damage. I've always believed that this variable speed meant the high side of the speedometer as well.(even if I failed to go fast in the past)

What do you think? Since you are following recommended guidelines, do you think I've done any damage?
  • Options
    brianapalbrianapal Member Posts: 18
    Kerbeck's will not honor a GM discount. I had several conversations with one of their salesman. They will not negotiate at all beyond their advertised prices. However, their discounted prices are excellent. Kerbecks and Maxies do add on some fairly significant fees though.

Most of my area dealers would not discount a 2007 under the MSRP. I did find one that was willing to compete with Kerbecks and Maxies (Atlanta- onlinecorvettes.com). I was able to get $4,000 off the MSRP on a 2007 locally (Binghamton, NY area) with 3LT package. The best that Kerbecks or Maxies would do on an 07 was $2,000 off MSRP.

I was leaning strongly toward the 1LT but ended up ordering the 3LT. Not cheap but really does include a lot of options in this group. Plus I found that I saved more off the MSRP if I ordered this group. Thus it did not prove as expensive as it appeared at first blush.
  • Options
    “Also I am looking at getting a base 1 LT and interesting in other people's opinion who may have purchased one etc.”

I am not certain that I qualify here (not a C6 driver) but perhaps I fit in the ‘etc.’ category?

I am quite seriously looking at a 2007. (It will be a 3LT.) The 6 speed automatic transmission with manual control really removes the only significant “deal breaker” for me on the C6. ( I could never quite warm up to the C5’s rear end styling or interior. ) With a year of production now on this new trans., and no significant negative feedback on any ‘Vette Forum that I monitor, I am now reasonably confident that this will make the Corvette a very enjoyable car to drive – as my daily (and only) driver.

The 3LT package includes several items that I care about.
    In particular:
    The UV6 HUD – have had 1 on 2 cars, have 1 now, and really enjoy it!
    The KA1 Heated Seats – OK, I am a cold weather wimp.
    The N37 Steering column, power telescopic with manual tilt.
    And the US9 Uplevel Audio System - now w/Steering Wheel Controls.

The AG2 Seat adjuster, front passenger 6-way power and AQ9 Seats, Sport front bucket are in included in the 2LT (and thus also in 3LT) and I cannot imagine the C6 without the Sport Seats, at least. But it is your money!

Clearly, only you can decide what is worth spending your money on. For me, this is likely to be my only shot at buying and enjoying a Corvette, and it will be my only car \ Daily Driver. So my priorities may be somewhat different.

And a dealer that does accept GMID is just over 10 miles from where my Mom lives, in NH. A trip I planned to make this Fall anyway . .

Best of luck!
    - Ray
    C6 A6 (MX0) 3LT and CC3 – in the planning stages . . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Options
    Thanks Ray. All great information. For me this is going to be a second car and will only be driven in good weather which is the northeast is pretty limited. I am trying to keep the cost down and it seems the base comes with quite a few options so I think that is the way I am going to go. I would be interested in the dealer name in NH in case I can't find one local to me that will do it. I do have a name of one in MI that I can use to do the order but perhaps NH would be better. I will be doing the museum delivery option so all they will have to do is write the order.

Thanks again,
    Derek
  • Options
    "interested in the dealer name in NH "

My understanding is:
    MacMulkin - in Nashua.
    I have not contacted them yet, as my purchase is likely still 3+ months off . . .
    Enjoy!
    - Ray
    Also considering Museum Delivery . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Options
    I tend to agree that if you don't abuse the car, varying speed and RPM is the best thing for it including excursions above 55 mph and not going for redline.
    Just drove up to Georgia this weekend 330 mile trip. Passed the 500 mile mark about an hour out doing 75 and cruised in the 80-90 mph range (with the traffic of course) on I95. (ok hit 100+ a couple of times). The car was a joy to drive, the Nav worked just fine except for one turn close to the destination (a disclaimer item I'm sure) which the map displayed correctly but the voice prompt was a little off. 27mpg for the trip. Comfort?There's something to be said for driving 4hrs 15min without a stop. I'm 6ft2 and arrived quite refreshed.
  • Options
    jmessjmess Member Posts: 677
    The more time you spend in your C6 the more you will appreciate the 3LT. I choked on the price of the full option package when I got my 05 but the longer I have the car the more I appreciate the package. I could live without it but it makes are really nice car a little nicer.
  • Options
    "3 – My local dealer has several 2007s listed as “inbound” with due dates as early as 10 July. "

My understanding is that 2007 production has started.
    But - the captive eval. fleet feedback will be evaluated sometime soon & after that (presuming no quality issues) the 2007s will start shipping.
    - Ray
    Not a GM production expert, but . .
    2022 X3 M40i
  • Options
    Ray,

I am ordering a 07 and have asked the dealer to confirm whether production has started or not. I'll let you know what I find out. I'm going with the museum delivery and hope to have a production date soon. I can't wait!

Regards,
    Derek
  • Options
    motorhead1motorhead1 Member Posts: 110
    Do you get your new Corvette faster by going with the museum delivery of from a dealer?
  • Options
    starrow68starrow68 Member Posts: 1,142
    As far as when the dealer has a slot to get production started it makes no difference. As far as how soon you can pick it up after it's produced, it would save several days to a week or more since no ground transportation to final destination is involved. Also if you are going more than 500 miles, it provides just about a perfect breakin opportunity. You don't really need to jump on it right away since you are just so happy to be behind the wheel for a day or so that keeping things sane is a blessing.
    Randy
  • Options
    The dealer told me that when the car is produced it is put on a truck right away but if you take the museum route that it could take up to two or more weeks to get your car. Does anyone out there know if this is true?
  • Options
    Motorhead 1:
    I ordered a new Vert on May 2, 2006 and received it on May 31,2006. However, I received so much varied information about delivery, I called the plant at Bowling Green--1.270.745.8000. I got security and told the officer I had ordered a new Vette and need information about delivery.He connected me with Lynn Harren. Lynn was nice enough to give me the information below,but I may have caught her at a lull in her day and she was being nice. I'm not sure that she would always take the time to talk.

Here is the info:

1) a Vette takes 36 hours to build and it will be started sometime during the build week. It could begin at 8:00am on Monday or 4:00pm on Friday.(Status 3150)
    2) When it has been built, it goes through quality control tests. She said that could take up to one full day.(Status 3800)
    3) Then it goes to the parking lot-they call it "Baying it up." (Status 4000) The car could set in the parking lot from 3 days to 21 days waiting for a full load to your specific area. I was trying to take delivery of mine in the parking start stage. I called to see if I could pay for the Vette locally and take delivery before it got on the transport. I figured that plan would work well for everyone-Chevy gets one off the lot and I get it faster!! They said no deal. I found ( got the impression ) that museum delivery could seriously delay delivery. In fact, I got the distinct impression a lot of those 21 days in the "Bay" were museum delivery. I'm also sure that corporate would never admit to this.I believe that the Chevy dealership where museum delivery actually happens is across the street or down the road from the plant. Since this dealership probably doesn't make much income on these transactions, they may limit the number of MD per day.

4)Car on the Transport to the dealer(Statue 4150).

5)Car delivered to the dealer (Status 5000)

6)Car delivered to the customer (Status 6000)

Lynn said the dealership is informed of the stage's as they proceed. A communicated breakdown can occur around how long the cars would languise "in the bay." I left the conversation feeling that Status 4000 could be something of a "black hole."

To the best of my analysis, my car had to be built in the early 36 hours of my built week - May 22, 2006. I received it the following Wednesday(5/31/06), and Monday May 29th was Memorial Day. I figured my Vette must have been "in the Bay" by Thursday, May 25th. to arrive early morning on the 31st.

Hope this helped,
    Ultraman 19
  • Options
    abbylouabbylou Member Posts: 33
    I am very interested in purchasing a 2002 coupe, pewter in color with a 5.7 SFI engine. I have never had a Corvette, but am specifically looking at one with 25k mi, 4 wheel disc (ABS), PS, PW, PDL, Power mirrors, power rear hatch,telescopic steering wheel, Bose stereo with single disc, cruise, memory seats, keyless entry, 2 zone A/C, dual roof panels, and a heads up display. The dealer wants 32.500 for this?
  • Options
    Just for the record from memory, the ABS, PS, PW, PDL, rear hatch release and keyless entry are all standard on the 2002. The driver's memory seat, dual zone A/C, telescopic steering wheel & HUD are part of the top package and note that the passenger seat is not memory. Not sure if the Bose was an upgrade or standard, mine has the 6 disc changer that was an upgrade. At 25k miles, my 2002 has 54k, it is very low miles and if garage kept, it should be just about like new. You don't mention but seems like it is probably automatic, while the 6sp manual back then was about a $900 option. The dual roof was about a $1,400 option. You don't mention wheels but they had polished wheels as an option back then as well for I think $1200 or maybe $1.3k. Depends on your zip and what Edmunds says it's worth but sounds like a good point to start negotiation.
    Interesting thing about Corvette buyers, many are repeat customers so their old ones have to find new homes as they upgrade. I think about 10 - 15 in our local club have gone to C6 and they all had to unload mostly low miles C5's. Some traded in but many found local buyers so if you look for a bit in major metro areas you might find a better deal. Then again there are cars like mine that have been on road course race tracks for about 8 - 10k of the 54k miles and it isn't a garage queen, you should be able to tell the difference.
    Randy
  • Options
    Thanks Randy...it is indeed a automatic with the upgraded Bose stereo. It appears that it came from a one owner family and has been kept pretty nice. The LT1 engine is a nice entry level selling point for us as we are using it strictly as a highway vehicle. What a beautiful car and great help that we have received from local clubs.
  • Options
    bruce28bruce28 Member Posts: 1
    Hello All,

I am new to the message board and hope someone can help. I bought a C3 82 vette about 5 years ago. I have gone through 5 computers on this thing. The Chevrolet dealerships that I have taken it to tell me that it is virtually impossible to find a computer for the car. They also told me that since electronic fuel injection was new for that year the fuel injection system stinks. I believe them. The car runs terrible. Does some one out there make and aftermarket computer or something. I love the car but this is rediculous. I hardly drive the car because it runs so bad.

Many Thanks

Bruce
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,155
    Hello, bruce28..

This is a pricing discussion... mostly dealing with new vehicles. You might have better luck posting your questions here:
    Corvettes and all things about them, in our general Corvette discussion.

Regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    pony_piratepony_pirate Member Posts: 317
    Talked to a dealer last weekend about ordering a '07 Z06. I guess the situation is a bit different, not the 1 month or so it takes to get a C06 (which if you look hard enough, you might get at MSRP -- not so with the Z ... minimum markup for an '07 ~$10k). Impression he gave me is that I could get the car by the end of year. Anybody know any different? :(
  • Options
    I just purchased our first Corvette and have a few questions? We bought a 2001 with 25k on the odometer and one of the options that intrigued us was the driving mode settings that are located on the console? There is a touring, sport, and performance setting. We have read the manual concerning this, but really wanted to know from true experienced drivers, is this a pretty worthless option, or is their value added? It also has a Route 66 exhaust system? 3.15 rear end with an automatic tranny, which seems to launch it like a rocket? It looks like there has been two previous owners in its short life and was wondering if the gearing changes the everyday driving of this vehicle?
  • Options
    bigmike5bigmike5 Member Posts: 960
    Museum delivery is just what it says. It takes place normally at the museum or the factory across the street, not at a dealership down town. The have a "nursery" in the main lobby of the museum, and the "babies" are sitting there behind the ropes, waiting for their owners to make the pick-up. You can go to the National Corvette Museum web site and see the nursery area in the lobby on the cameras they have that show the various areas. Usually there are two or three "babies" waiting. Any delay associated with the Museum delivery is generated by the fact that this has become a very popular option. They are delivering up to 4-5 a day this way sometimes. If I ever get another one, it will be with the Museum delivery. Gary Cockriel, who is in charge of it does a great job with the program. The NCM also runs Museum Delivery Reunion events periodically where those who got their Vette that way get invited back for a special event. :shades:
  • Options
    I just bought a 2002 just like you wanted except it has 28k. They also asked $32,500 but with the info I got off of edmunds to show them they came $3000 very easy. My other Vette was a 1991 C4 with 27k on it but this 2002 car is so much better. Good luck
  • Options
    Availability of Z06's is much different from either coupe or vert. There are dealers that took orders at MSRP before the Z06 was first delivered and they still are filling those orders over a year later. They noted at the time that it might take a couple years and some dealers cut off taking more orders when they got more than they felt they could deliver in that time frame. So, those that didn't take pre orders and are now getting a Z06 allocation can pretty much charge what they want, if they find a local buyer willing to pay. Some of the biggest dealers may still be taking MSRP orders but I have no idea about when they might deliver.

As for the coupe and vert, getting several $K off is now pretty standard for internet dealers.
  • Options
    So I don't know the 2001 very well, changed to update

I thought, The suspension settings on the console models before 2002 were the pre-Mag Ride option were done with electronics, I think, and that included the 2001. I don't have it but many say the touring mode is very nice on long trips. The performance mode is not as good as the Z51 performance suspension option but still probably stiffer than touring. If the knob or button is not related to suspension than it is Active Handling and I'd leave it on unless you are getting professional instruction on a skid pad.

As for exhaust system, haven't heard of it but 3.15 rear sounds like the option offered with the auto tranny to get more acceleration (not true, it was the 3.42) and therefore will keep the mileage performance in a fairly good range, not as good as the 6 speed but great for long flat trips.
    Randy
  • Options
    Is a $7k markup for ordering an '07 Z06, delivery time unspecified, reasonable?
  • Options
    The problem is that there are too many undefined variables to say reasonable or not. What area are you in and what is the demand? What kind of allocation does the dealer have for all Corvettes and about 1/4 of those might be Z06's so how long before the next one or more arrive and how many orders are in hand? Can you be bumped?

There are many internet dealers that are taking MSRP orders for the Z if you just want to get on the list and wait your turn. Paying more than that should get you some kind of delivery slot or the salesperson is just playing games. My first Corvette order, $1k under MSRP sat for two months as the salesman couldn't get the marketing manager to give up a slot scheduled for the showroom floor to get it filled. I pulled the order and got on the internet and found a confirmed order production slot and got $2k off, but it was 1300 miles away. Of course my wife thought enough good about the trip that we went back two years later and got her one at a much better deal.

BTW, there are dealers with Z06's in stock who are trying to get over MSRP, you might find your desire if you do some work.
  • Options
    Re a Z06. Try Maxies. I will put down their website but if it gets blocked out just go to Google and enter Maxies and Corvette. Their website is onlinecorvettes.com
    They are a high volume Corvette dealer. They are located in Atlanta, Georgia. So you have to pick the car up BUT they can arrange a courtesy delivery for you to an area Chevy dealer. There is a cost for this service, usually a few hundred dollars. They do have Z06s i :) n stock and are getting more in. The cost to you????? You will have to call them. They will give very good discounts on coupes and convertibles. However the Z06? Hopefully you can get it for MSRP. It is worth a call to them.
  • Options
    gbjerkegbjerke Member Posts: 158
    Just a small addendum to Maxie's in Atlanta---they are a high volume Vette dealer. However, ask about their "standard charge" of like 500-1,000 for a "handling fee" or some such on each Vette (maybe even other Chevs) they sell.
    Not sure this is still a fact but it used to be. When one cuts a deal with a dealer for a car, you would not expect this additional "handling fee."
    Another forum jokingly referred to this as the owners "condo fee" (as told to him from a salesman).
    Something to inquire about at least.
  • Options
    Thanks, guys.

brian, will call Maxie's.

starrow, what do you mean by 'internet dealers'? The only internet hookups I've gotten have been to real brick-and-mortar businesses with internet sites. This may sound naive, but are there trustworthy businesses that sell cars only on the net, like Amazon sells books? Can they back a warranty and be held accountable to lemon laws like a regular dealer?
  • Options
    As to the lemon laws and being out of state, I don't know the details, it has never come up. As to where to find other internet dealers it takes some searching. One Edmunds TOS is that you can't post other forums addresses since they compete with Edmunds, hence I can't give you a link. There are several Corvette specific forums and they all have a list of dealers and there is much overlap since the big guys are working as many sources for buyers as they can find. The big ones I remember off the top are Kerbeck, Maxie Price, and I think Les Stanford. I got mine from Fichtner in Montana. Search on any of those and you should get more info. As to how good they are, get them to give you places you can search for references. The guy at Fichtner who I bought from 3 1/2 years ago has now sold 3 that I know of locally to Bay Area club members, he's good.
    Randy
  • Options
    I live in the Bay Area. Is there a club that helps one buy a Corvette, for example, a group discount or other in?
  • Options
    I'm in Diablo Valley Corvette Club and I know that Santa Clara has a large club too. There are several others in the North Bay and out in Discovery Bay. Might find a full listing if you track down Western States Corvette Council of clubs. It seems that most have a like to some of the local dealers but nothing that I've heard about that gets a good discount without going through the painful, to me, process of dealing with a salesperson. Most clubs encourage visitors at meetings and are willing to talk about sources they use to get deals on cars so you might try the web sites.
    http://www.dvcorvettes.com/
    That also has links that could get you closer to home.

BTW, one of the best deals for Corvette's can be the GM supplier or employee programs if you qualify. Then you have to get a dealer to honor it too, it's not mandatory.
  • Options
    texflyertexflyer Member Posts: 3
    I'm attempting a decision on an '07 Vette convertible. What are the most popular int./ext. color combinations? Which is the better choice for long term costs, reliability, and enjoyment: mag. ride or the Z51 option? Have dealers started taking orders for the '07 and at what price point(MSRP and down or Invoice plus? Vette will be 6-spd. man. with man. top.
  • Options
    Most popular colors are red, black, and silver. Yellow is most definitely not selling. Metallic orange was a mistake.

I went to digitalcorvette.com and looked at dozens of pictures before deciding to order my '07 Z06 in silver (black came in a close second).
  • Options
    The red, black & silver is true but not the whole story. They switched the reds in '05, the last year of full production info, and there are two reds, as I call them fire engine and burgundy. The reds totaled just under 30% with Victory/Precision at about 19% and Mag II/Jewel at 11%. Black came in at 21+% so it is the most popular single color and then Silver at 18+%. The only other double digit % was 10% for Blue, my favorite.

But you have to ask if we have a chicken or an egg. I wish I knew what most buyers who order were getting as opposed to what the dealership orders when they don't have a buyer with cash. From the dealers I talk to they order what moves but that is back to ch/egg, does it move because people want it or because it was available on the floor when they walked in? If a dealer has three Vettes on the floor, a lot for most dealers, they are probably red, black and sliver.

My wife love her 2004 Mil. Yellow coupe. It was ordered, just like my Electron Blue.
    Randy
  • Options
    Saw an orange Z06 parked in the sun on the street yesterday. Walked over and took a good look at it. Definitely doesn't look anywhere near as good as it does in the ads, kind of dark, not quite right -- imo, they should have made it a few shades lighter, more metallic, so that it glows, captures the light, like it does in the ads, like silver does.

Fichner is not taking any more orders. They've taken orders for their allocation, 3 per year, for the next 5 years. They sell at MSRP. No wonder they're sold out.

Maxie wants an $8k markup. (I can do better elsewhere.)

Haven't heard from Kerbeck. Assume their allocations for '07 Z's is too low for them to sell at or near MSRP, my offer.
  • Options
    texflyertexflyer Member Posts: 3
    So, I guess silver is probably the best choice for ext. color. I had a red/red '62 and am partial to red, but silver was my 2nd choice. What is the popular int. color? Titanium or ebony. I can go either way on this. Lastly, are any of the dealers pricing below MSRP? I haven't tried the waters yet, but will before summer's gone. Thanks....
  • Options
    Color is a matter of personal choice. A color that is hot now won't necessarily be so in 3 or 4 years. Example- Green was a hot color about 8 years ago and now is almost non-existent in new cars.
    I ordered a 2007 coupe in Lemans Blue Metalic with cashmere interior. I talked to several dealers in my area. One had already filled their allotment of 3 2007 Vettes over 2 months ago. I ordered one about 6 weeks ago with an expected delivery date in late August. I was somewhat amazed that an area Chevy dealer agreed to $4,000 below MSRP for an 07 3LT. I contacted a number of area dealers via the internet to see who would deal. (I live in the Binghamton, NY area.)
    Order the color that you like!
    Good luck!
  • Options
    bruinjohn98bruinjohn98 Member Posts: 1
    I'm going to order a 2007 C6 Coupe Black/Black Z51, Nav, 3LT, with competition gray wheels. I've called several dealers in the So. Cal. area and everyone is more than willing to sell the vehicle 2K under MSRP without any wheeling and dealing. Couple of high volume dealers so no problem with allocation...how low do you think they'll go? I see that in NY they'll go 4K under...
  • Options
    jmzootjmzoot Member Posts: 7
    If you can get a GMID certificate and find a dealer that will accept it you can save 4.5k on a base coupe and prolly close to 5.5k on a vehicle similar to the one you are looking for....

Don't forget you can order it from out of state and do a courtesy delivery to a local dealer for a small fee compared to the thousands of dollars you are saving !!!

GMID on a 2007 coupe auto with 2LT MSRP was liek 47740....GMID is like 43,153...
  • Options
    flyboy986flyboy986 Member Posts: 9
    I am ready to buy a new 06 or 07 Corvette - most dealers in AZ will sell at MSRP - got a couple down to $2500 off MSRP -is that all I can get - should I wait and buy an 07 - I have gotten all sorts of misleading info from the dealers!
    I am all ready to go and no one seems to be interested!!
    thanks
  • Options
    my5tvettemy5tvette Member Posts: 4
    Your right on the c6 Vettes.whats happening most dealer ships here in Arizona are buying car from out of state and selling them between 1500 to 2000 off mrsp. but the ZO6 they are adding 12000 to 20,000 over msrp... Just remmber the depresiation on any of these cars the moment you buy these cars :confuse:
  • Options
    my5tvettemy5tvette Member Posts: 4
    :sick: Sorry I have tried ... ZO6 are marked at 30,000 msrp. but yet there willing to deal on the mark up to 12k to 15k over msrp :cry: . I have one better a dealer here in Mesa AZ has a used ZO6 with 4kmile and there asking 89,000. Is that Crazy :mad:
  • Options
    flyboy986flyboy986 Member Posts: 9
    I located a dealer in Michigan ( Les Stanford) who will take orders on new ones for $3500-$4000 off MSRP - might just go that route - anyone out there have knowledge of these guys?
  • Options
    I ordered an 07 Coupe a couple of weeks ago with Museum delivery option. I was just given a build date of the week of 8/7/07. I am wondering if anyone has experience with how long after the build date it will be before I can pick the car at the museum. Thanks for your input and I can't wait to get the car! Any other input on the museum delivery experience is welcome and appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Derek