Options

Acura TL 2006+

Comments

• Options
    merc1merc1 Member Posts: 6,081
    Have you had the air checked out yet or are you going to let all us "experts" talk you out of it? ;)

M
  • Options
    frisconickfrisconick Member Posts: 1,275
    Yes the recirculation did make a huge difference!!! It makes the car very cool, very fast. :)
  • Options
    sriggs1sriggs1 Member Posts: 17
    Phastphil, you mentioned that you sell Acuras. Tell us how much over invoice you will sell a new one and you may double your sales quota just on this board. I am willing to go out of state to pick it up.
  • Options
    delmar1delmar1 Member Posts: 744
    Us "experts" may one day help the plagued spaceshuttle solve tile issues. Hey....if we can help Nick...we can save the shuttle. ;)
  • Options
    Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Sorry, we have a strict "no solicitation" policy. Neither Phastphil1 nor any other member can offer vehicles for sale in the Forums.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host
    Host, Future Vehicles & Smart Shopper discussions

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Options
    taxesquiretaxesquire Member Posts: 681
    It's my understanding that Texaco, Mobil, Citgo, Chevron, 7-11, Costco all sell the SAME gas. The difference is that places like Citgo, Speedway, 7-11, etc don't use extra additives.

As an aside, it's never been proven that the extra additives (additives in excess of the gvtl regulations) help, and one company even had to pull an add when it couldn't prove the truth of it's claims that it cleaned engines better than others.
  • Options
    That's a shame, we could all save money.

WHEN DO THE 06s COME OUT. DOES ANYBODY KNOW?
  • Options
    bodble2bodble2 Member Posts: 4,514
    "It makes the car very cool, very fast.'

That's what I've always liked about my TL --- it is very cool. and very fast! :P :shades:
  • Options
    Yeah...I hear you... Yes...the gas does typically come from the same 'gas farm'. Only that each brand places in their own additives.

However...my past personal experience was when I switched to Costco gas when the prices hit the $2 mark was that the two cars in my family....along with some friends cars....mpg decreased over numerous tanks. I cannot rationalize why it did. No idea as I also go along with the idea that gas is gas. Same things happens when I use ARCO (a brand on the west coast).

And now...when I use Chevron...I pick up 0.5 to 1.0 mpg compared to when I use Exxon. Shell also has been about the same mpg as Chevron.

As for additives. I don't know. I figure if I am paying the same for Texaco, Mobil, Exxon compared to a Chevron/Shell which gives me improved mpg...I will reach for the brand that has advertise higher concentrations of additives that also happen to improve my mpg.

No idea. Just practical personal experience.

??? What has been the experiences of others?

btw...we probably should all move this discussion to the MPG board...huh? Couldn't the 'host' transfer all our discussion to the appropriate board?
  • Options
    Nick's TL is hot and sizzles.
  • Options
    dpavdpav Member Posts: 19
    Does anyone know when the 06 TLs will be available ?
  • Options
    I have seen several ask the same question of when the 2006's will be available.

Please look through the messages on this board for the past two weeks and you will find your answer and more.... And make sure to visit the 'prices paid' board for more info.
  • Options
    I have been through the board and nobody knows. Only guesses and estimates.
  • Options
    The guesses and estimates are fairly reliable as it is based upon past history. Once known....these boards are very very reliable to pass along the dates and details of the modifications.
  • Options
    I predict and estimate that the new 06 TL will be out in 2005 :P
  • Options
    g1cv66275g1cv66275 Member Posts: 8
    Tell that guy he is full of crap! There were no mention of awd on any reviews for the 2006 TL.
  • Options
    Little bit of a delayed response, dontcha think?!? :)
  • Options
    Got to give the responder credit for replying to a message from back in April. Wow...that must have been a lot of reading he did. At the same time...many will be asking questions that were just responded to on the same page.
  • Options
    Sorry taxesquire and delmar1, Did'nt realize it was an old message. Anyway wanted to keep you two on your toes.
  • Options
    Any of you guys had your TL's tinted? I had mine recently tinted and at nite I get headlight glare when looking at my rearview mirror. I think its the way the rear defroster and rear window is slanted that causes the glare. Or maybe its just the tints they used. Do any of you guys have this problem? Of course assuming your cars are tinted.
  • Options
    I was considering to tint...but decided not to for the possibilities of distortion and the concern that I was reducing the visibility of those behind me (rear end collision into me if they cannot see ahead).

When I was investigating tinting...I noticed that some color tints were more internally reflective than others. I think it is inherent in the tint.
  • Options
    I don't have a problem with my tinted windows, and am not sure I understand yours. Do you get glare from the headlights of the cars behind you or glare from oncoming headlights reflecting off your rear window?

Have you confirmed your auto-dimming mirror is on? It might've been accidentally turned off during the tint installation.

If you got a metallic tint, I guess it could reflect oncoming headlights off your rear window, but I've had metallic tint in the past and it hasn't been a problem.
  • Options
    zoomer1zoomer1 Member Posts: 42
    the new car test guide (nctd.com) has the answer. A new torque steer control, tire pressure monitor, new colors, and lower horsepower and torque numbers (new SAE testing protocol).
  • Options
    Iet me try to explain what I am seeing. You know how the rear windows have the lines for the defroster. Its seems like every since I had my windows tinted I get night glare. When I look at my rear view mirror with the automatic dimmers on or off I see the headlights glare off the defroster lines. So instead of just seeing the headlights, I see the headlights and the headlights glare from each defroster lines. Hopefully you kind of understand what Im saying. Do you get this problem or do you just see the headlights off your rearview mirror?
  • Options
    telco59telco59 Member Posts: 16
    My dealer (I already have a TSX) told me approximately Oct. 15.
  • Options
    nightcrawler29nightcrawler29 Member Posts: 146
    well don't know if you have noticed it, but whenever I see a truck delivering fuel to a gas station, I don't see a separate tank for 87, 89, & 91 grade... so how can you really tell if you are getting grade 91??.... as far as I know, I could be pumping in grade 87 gas and still think and pay as if grade 91.... so how you know what you are really pumping into your car? Someone that works in fuel delivery told me once that most of the gas stations get their supply from the same source and there is no real difference on wheater if the fuel was bought at a shell, mobil, or exxon gas station since the stuff comes from the same tank. So don't know, but sometimes I would like to have the fuel examined to see if I'm really getting what I'm paying for, or if its only a bunch of B.S. to make you pay more for the same gas. :confuse:
  • Options
    You won't see three separate tankers... Each tanker is subdivided. You just gotta believe you get what you pay for.
  • Options
    yeah that's true!!...one salesman told me the 06 would come out around November, which seems more likely than September as I've been hearing on this board.
  • Options
    Acording to the owner's manual, a window tint with metalic properties could mess up your navigation system, by displaying wrong information or so.
  • Options
    I have tinted windows on my TL which were installed by the dealer, and haven't had any glare issues. However, it seems like the feature on the rear view mirror where its supposed to get darker at night, doesn't work due to the tinted windows. But I haven't had any problems at all.
  • Options
    yeah, but I still question if there's really a difference among fuel grades.... as I said, how you know you are really pumping the grade you paid for? A slight increase of decrease in mpg could be due to different factors besides fuel grades.
    Well I will remain a believer, but I've been pumping grade 89, and haven't seen any difference in performance or anything as compared to using grade 87. Haven't seen any gas stations with grade 91, so will try the next level up available which is 93.
  • Options
    I believe that tint installed by the 'dealer' is where they farm the car out for the tint...or they have the tint guy drive his truck to the dealership to tint. The dealer is only acting as a 'middle man'. Kinda like if you have a door ding...they don't fix it...they hire a contractor to fix.
  • Options
    Yeah the window tinting at the dealer's is done by a third party. But if the dealer is tinting all the cars in the lot and selling to customers, they would be responsible for anything wrong with, or due to the tinting. If your TL has Nav, and it does not display correct info, then it could be argued that the tinting was the cause of it due to its metallic properties; and therefore, the dealer would be liable. So if the dealer (or a third party hired by the dealer) is installing the tinting, one is to assume that the dealer knows what kind of window tinting they can install on these cars.
  • Options
    it seems like the feature on the rear view mirror where its supposed to get darker at night, doesn't work due to the tinted windows

I have tinted windows and my mirror still darkens, I believe. If your rearview mirror isn't darkenning, it's because it doesn't think it needs too. Certainly the rear window tinting would impact this, but the result should be "no glare."

Re some other posts on metallic tiniting and nav systems - I've heard that, too, and it makes sense that the metal would reflect some fo the necessary signals. When I got metal tint in my last car, the installer made sure I know that my rador deterctor would not pick up any radar signals that came from those sides of the car, so that metal tint prevents satellite signals from reaching the nav unit isn't surprising.
  • Options
    Don't say door ding - the horror!!! :cry:
  • Options
    Closer than some think. I talked to a friend of mine who is a sales manager at an Acura dealership yesterday. He had just ordered his second allocation of 06 TL's, and went down the list with me of the colors and exteriors he had coming. Looking for late Sep or early October.
  • Options
    sphtspht Member Posts: 2
    Does anyone know what are the new colors for 2006 and the color-combo of exterior to interior?
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    sphtspht Member Posts: 2
    Can someone enlighten me how the new 2006 TL TorqueSteer Control works and how the 2006 TL is benefited from it vs. 2005 is known for its TorqueSteering as its only downfall?
    Thank You.
  • Options
    Actually, on the Edmunds website (I think the Inside Line TL section), I saw an '06 add - you can probably click on itand get taken to some more info.

From what I recall hearing earlier in this forum (do a search for "colors" in this discussion), green is gone, there's and there's an additional blue.
  • Options
    cmarkeycmarkey Member Posts: 1
    It is weird that you should mention that. I thought it was me. I have a 2005 Acura TL and had the windows tinted the darkest legal amount and when I got it back I saw 'flaring' on the wires on the rear window defroster. The light diffuses along each of the wires and it is annoying.

Is that what you have?
  • Options
    I hope it's a lighter blue, I think the TL would great in a light blue.
  • Options
    Well I'm not sure if it was the 2005 or 2006, but I recently saw a TV commercial of the TL, and I could swear I saw an interior color in ebony with wood accents.... don't remember seeing that on cars when I was car chopping, but they showed a little glimpse of this kind of interior, and it seemed new to me....could that have been for the 2006 model??....or that's been already implemented?
  • Options
    buyercarbuyercar Member Posts: 2
    My dealer in St. Paul, MN told me that MY06 TL can be ordered now for November delivery.
  • Options
    November seems very late! :cry:
  • Options
    acura_tlacura_tl Member Posts: 38
    I wouldn't expect the dealers to give me a correct expected date for the 2006 - they have nothing to gain by telling you that the 2006 TLs are coming in soon and discorage you from buying the 2005.
    It is in the best interest of the dealers to make you believe that the 2006 will not be in anytime soon.
  • Options
    sushi96720sushi96720 Member Posts: 12
    I checked with the fleet manager at an Acura Dealer and he is expecting shipment in October.
    I have a hold on the color that I wanted.
  • Options
    ebony with wood accents

That would have to be an '06 change - '04s & '05s only had the carbon fiber trim with ebony.
  • Options
    I prefer the fake carbon fiber over the fake wood, but who really knows the difference? I would like to see a boost in HP, maybe up to 280 if they can keep the same mpg.
  • Options
    dap2006dap2006 Member Posts: 68
    I'm considering ordering an '06 TL w/ navigation - I e-mailed briefly with a dealer in Phoenix who told me I could do this and "get my car in the first wave" they receive. He said they'll have them in early October. Has anyone had any experience ordering in advance? I'm interested but I'm not sure how the pricing would work. I plan on talking with him about it but thought I'd ask for any insight others might have first...
  • Options
    samuelhsamuelh Member Posts: 10
    Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone knows of any exterior changes on the 2006 TL. I've seen interior and performance issues being discussed but will there be any headlight, tailight changes etc on the '06? I did a search of the forum but wasn't too successful.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.