Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Honda Pilot 2006

Comments

• Options
    denadadenada Member Posts: 18
    Teebees,

I live in NYC. Where is your price from? I think that is a fair deal in NYC area.

All I can get in NYC is 1000 off msrp only.

Could you share the dealer's name?

Thanks
  • Options
    jagnmgjagnmg Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know the technical reason why the 2006 Pilot 2WD is a rear wheel drive and not a front wheel drive? Appears Honda really goofed on this one. FWD has the weight over the front wheels and RWD in snow would have less weight over the wheels. I wanted to improve my MPG but not haul all the 4WD/ rear wheel drive stuff. It appears the 2006 2WD does not have much MPG improvement

Our Odyssey with FWD has excellent traction and on trips gets 28MPG.
    Honda may have lost a sale on this goof.
  • Options
    opus4opus4 Member Posts: 11
    Where did you get the information that it is rear wheel drive? I just looked at my 06 2WD Pilot and it sure looks like a front wheel drive. I didn't see a drive shaft to the back wheels, the engine belts,pulley's, etc. are on the left side, etc.
  • Options
    Hello opus4,

Seems you are not sure what you buy a front wheel drive or rear?

Just kiding! Congrat!
  • Options
    ublinkublink Member Posts: 5
    Well I thought it would be easy to go to the Honda website and get clear information on which 2 wheels are driven on the 2WD, but it wasn't as easy as I thought. The only thing I could see that confirmed my strong suspicion that it is FWD is the weight distribution - 57/43 for 2WD, 54/46 for 4WD. That certainly indicates the 2WD is FWD.
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,952
    I'm also willing to bet its front-drive, but based on the fact that even the "AWD" pilot is primarily FWD until the rear wheels are called upon. So Honda merely had to remove the transfer case and rear differential in the 2wd models (ok, i'm simplifying it a bit). I don't see them going through the trouble and expense to redesign the whole thing to be RWD only.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    jlee6jlee6 Member Posts: 13
    I just got one last night.
    2006 Honda Pilot 2WD RES, White with Olive/Beige/Gray Interior
    It is very nice and I paid $500 over Invoice
    -Corssbar
    -Chrome Side Steps
    -Chrome Exahust Tip
    -Cargo Tray
    -Cargo Cover
    -All Wooden Trims Interior/Dash/Center
    Include Taxes, Registration and License
    Total: $35300 Out to Door Price

Tips: 2WD VCM is a cool feature to save fuel
  • Options
    jlee6jlee6 Member Posts: 13
    Rear Splash Guard too!
  • Options
    Where you buy it from?

Congrat!
  • Options
    gearjammer62gearjammer62 Member Posts: 108
    Anyone know the technical reason why the 2006 Pilot 2WD is a rear wheel drive and not a front wheel drive?

There is no reason technical or otherwise, because it's not RWD. Curious as to where you got that idea - ?
  • Options
    jchan2jchan2 Member Posts: 4,956
    Isn't the Pilot a FWD SUV based on the Odyssey?
  • Options
    imacubimacub Member Posts: 8
    For all those in the KC area...I HIGHLY recommend going to John Chezic Honda and working with Greg. He was extremely kinda and helpful. Went out of his way to take care of us...even driving a vehicle off the show room floor so we could test drive it. Above all else, he gave us a great deal! $300 over invoice (28,600) for a 2006 2WD EX-L and didn't try to talk me down at all!!! I was extremely impressed with him and the dealership. Unfortunately my car wasn't in stock so I will haev to wait a couple of weeks but for the deal I got, I think it's worth it.
  • Options
    I think that is a good deal today. congrat!

But the problem is that two week later the price may be drop.
  • Options
    I doubt very seriously the price drops much lower than 300 over invoice. Based on most quotes on here, my offer was at least half of what most are getting so I am willing to take the risk.
  • Options
    I think so. I almost take the risk today to deal with a EX 4wd. The car come next week. But I don't want to pay deposit at last. Just wait for next week to see what happen.
  • Options
    Well...invoice isn't going to change so if you can get yours for less than 300 over (which is what I got) then more power to you. From what I have read on here...many people are getting anywhere from 600-700 over invoice up to 1000 off MSRP. I wish you the best of luck and hope you get what you're looking for.
  • Options
    seattlytseattlyt Member Posts: 5
    $300 over IV would be a good deal even a month from now, and is especially so right now. I picked up an '06 EXL AWD last night at Honda of Seattle for $750 over IV. Could I have gotten a better deal? Maybe. But I went through the Costo Auto Website, and the sales rep called me w/in an hour and quoted me the Costco price over the phone. It was very convenient.
  • Options
    amcpaamcpa Member Posts: 10
    I am looking to buy a 2006 AWD Pilot EX-L with Navigation. I received a price of $33,214 including all fees. It does not include tax and title. Is that a good price? I am located on Long Island (NY) but would be willing to travel to parts of NJ or CT for the right deal.

Also, does anyone know what the dealer invoice is on this vehicle? I was told $32,408 but am not sure that is correct.
  • Options
    dorkbeardorkbear Member Posts: 11
    Seattlyt, would you mind posting more detail on your deal with Honda of Seattle? Ideally breaking out price, TTL, etc with the out-the-door total? I am also in Seattle in the market for an 06 EXL. Thanks!
  • Options
    amosbamosb Member Posts: 12
    Hi everyone,

I priced the '06 Pilot EX-L with Nav and EX Sport Package and here's the first price out of the shoot. Car: $33,900 not including TTL and $1,495 for sport package upgrade ( running boards, cross bars on roof rack and front grill enhancement).

Please give me some guidance as to what you think would be a good offer to make a good deal. I live on Long Island, New York.

Thanks,

Amos
  • Options
    I am also on LI and looking to buy a 2006 Pilot EX-LN AWD.

I am going tomorrow to sign and if they honor the price I was given of $32,700 plus tax and title/tags....I will get you the info. What dealer did you get your price from? I approached about 7 or 8 different dealers thus far.
  • Options
    toobad44toobad44 Member Posts: 1
    Could you keep us updated on your gas mileage. I am in the market for a 2WD EX and I am interested to see how well the VCM improves the gas mileage. Honda claims 18/24. Thanks!
  • Options
    hondaguy12hondaguy12 Member Posts: 10
    hello amosb,
    How you do today? Got the price of $32,700 including destination charge plus tax and title/tags for the 2006 Pilot EX-LN AWD?

Did you get other option such as running board? Let us know the prices of any options you took.

I will get it this week the same exact car. My dealer in Maryland quotes $33,357. I will use your number to negotiate.
    Thanks
    Hondaguy12 :)
  • Options
    fred25fred25 Member Posts: 92
    Check out Hillside Honda in Queens NY.

Fred
  • Options
    Hi Hondaguy,

I was quoted 33,900 for the car and 1,975 for the sport package (running boards, roof rac cross bars and special front grill) excluding TTL. What were you quoted from the start?

Amos
  • Options
    Hi Amcpa,

I stopped by South Shore Honda in Valley Stream. I am going to check out what I can do at P.S. Honda in Manhasset.

Let me know if they honor the deal.

Amos
  • Options
    Hi Amos,

I was quoted $33,357 for EX-L with NAV. I have not checked the sport package or other options. I used the internet service from cars.com and edmund but only one dealer that is far away from where I live (Washington DC metro area) comes back with a quote. The other five dealers locally gave me a bogus number to "hook" me in their dealer. What is a disappointment. I am going to use Costco auto service on the internet. Hope I will have a better luck.
    Hondaguy :(
  • Options
    pint6pint6 Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone know the 06 Pilot invoice prices? Can't find them on the web yet.
  • Options
    bogiejimbogiejim Member Posts: 51
    I inquired of Edmunds about invoice pricing, as they had told me the information would be up last week. I received a response that the invoice price info. would be posted on their site sometime on September 29th.
  • Options
    surffishjimmysurffishjimmy Member Posts: 4
    Amos,

Not really sure if that is good or not. I live in Nassau County Long Island and have not been able to find am dealer to quote me a price. In the past the best deals in pricing is in Suffolk County (Patchogue) Baron Honda. The number is 631-475-8400 and ask for Dominick in sales. Tell him that Jim Gillette sent you. I have bought 4 Hondas from him in the past and sent him numerous people. He gives you the lowest possible price that he can give you up front. In other words he doesn't start high and come down. He start at the lowest.........

What dealer did you get a quote from?

Best of luck.
    Jim
  • Options
    aec1aec1 Member Posts: 21
    Amos: I am in the DC area (Md). Try O'Donnell Honda up in Ellicott City off of Route 40. I purchased a car there back in 98 and have sent others there and know friends who have also had very good experiences with them. They are honest and do not BS around w/dealer add-ons. Good luck.
  • Options
    berardberard Member Posts: 13
    Amos and Hondaguy,

I picked up a 2006 EXL-NAV 4WD from Sport Honda in Silver Spring, MD last weekend for $32,900 plus tax and tags. I dealt with Internet Sales, initially by e-mail. They were responsive, helpful, and easy to deal with. It was a very pleasant and pressure-free buying experience. Feel free to e-mail me if you want details. I also know a couple other MD dealers who offer competitive prices.
  • Options
    hoshos Member Posts: 31
    This is what I have learned.

2WD EXL $28,652
    2WD EXL RES $30,089
    4WD EXL $29,730
    4WD EXL RES $31,168

I believe that these do not include the $550 destination charges. I have negotiated $1000 over invoice but I am sure I can do better. Have not committed to this deal yet. Last year near the end of the year I was getting emails from dealer offering me $100-$200 dollars over invoice.

I do not like SUVs but my wife refuses to drive a van and this is the only type of car the is best suited for us. I have done lots and lots of research on mid-size SUV and the Pilot kept coming up as number one in every category you can imagine, particularly safety/comfort/usability as my first set of priorities. Granted, it is not the most attractive car but its the safest and most versatile. I have even interviewed in the parking lots if I saw them get out of one. My bro-in-law has a 2003 which he adores.

Good luck.....
  • Options
    hoshos Member Posts: 31
    amosb,

06 Pilot EX-L with NAV has the same invoice price as the one with RES (rear entertainment system). The Inv is $31,168 plus $550 destination. This brings your price to $687 over invoice which is not bad at all. I tried to price your options but I cound not find a price for grill enhancement or cross bar, but its seems that the price of the options is based on the MSRP. If you add the MSRP profit of the dealer on the package, I guess it may add up to close to $900 - $1000 over invoice which is still ok. There is always room for negotiation though.
  • Options
    Berard,
    Thanks. Look like you got a good deal. Could you clarify if the price of EX-L with NAV including destination charge of $550? My only comes from one local dealer was $33.357 without destination charge. This is $1650 over invoice price.
    Could advise the point of contact at Sport Honda? I have been sent sale pitch email by the following local dealer without any quote or response to my questions/clarification, Herson, Ourisman, Bowie, Criswell.
    Thanks
    Hondaguy
  • Options
    alexashaalexasha Member Posts: 51
    Edmunds.com posted invoices for 06 pilots
  • Options
    sammyhondasammyhonda Member Posts: 1
    I just got the honda intro email & want to trade in my 04 pilot nav for the 06.
    Can any one tell me if it has bluetooth - i hope so!!!! :confuse:
  • Options
    tagmantagman Member Posts: 8,441
    There seem to be different invoice numbers floating around, and to make sure everyone is on the same page, let's post the very latest accurate invoice information on the '06 Pilots here in the forum. Can someone who is absolutely positive of the numbers go ahead and post the invoices (excluding destination and handling) and please take credit for clarifying this. THANKS!!
  • Options
    seattlytseattlyt Member Posts: 5
    Base: $29,730.36
    Destination: $ 550.00
    Costco Markup $ 750.00
    Total = $31,030.00
    Title $ 175.75
    Tax $ 2,879.15
    Doc Fee 35.00
    Out-The-Door = $34,119.90

I could've probably gotten it for less by shopping around Western and maybe even Eastern Washington. But the money I might've saved wasn't worth the time and effort. I hit the Costco Website, got the price over the phone, and was done that day. Had a great salesman, too.
  • Options
    wcnngtwcnngt Member Posts: 4
    Atlanta area, bought 2006 EX-L NAV silver, on 9/29 for $32,553.28 plus $21 tag from Honda Mall of Georgia. Not much haggle. quoted online and went there to pick up the car. They are more willing to negotiate at the end of the month.
  • Options
    Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you ... my browser was shot and did not let me get into any secure sites.

Ok, Here is where I am in the old Honda Negotiation Game. I have a deal on the table for $32,859 ( EX-L with Navi) inclusive of Destination and the upshot is that with tax (8.65%) Title I will be at $35,625 +/- Gross. It seems that these dealers are going to make upwards of $650 on the car .... being that this is fresh into the new model that may be the way it is until things cool down a bit. I ordered the Steel Blue Metallic but as I sitting here perhaps I should have chosen the Sage brush pearl. Of course the biggest game now is for the dealers to scramble to find the colors. My guy tells me it may have to be towed or transported from another dealer out of state.

For those keeping tack of pricing: I went to three dealers and the prices I got were: $33,900, $33,300 and the $32,859. I know the guys very well at the lowest price and have purchased four cars from them before. We'll see.

On a side note, I am hearing of an after market process to install a cradle for Ipod's which entails having the radio unit pulled out and attaching the wires in the back ... you can have it done at Best Buy or perhaps a dealer and supposedly it does not voidany warranties -- Anyone else here of this?

Thank you all for your help and feedback ... with any luck I hope to have the car by next week. Oh, on financing -- Honda is offering 5.9% which is ok. I was able to beat it through my credit union so I would urge all of you to look around first.

Amos :)
  • Options
    Amcpa,

Did they honor the deal? Where did you go to get the pice? Any funny business when you got there?

Amos
  • Options
    Hi,

One last point on the extras ... I was looking into the sports package $1,979 .. In my opinion not worth it. I opted instead to purchase separately: Cross Bars for Roof Rack, Cargo Tray and Cargo Cover (Prices on the internet cheaper than at Honda site) but total for all three: $325.89

Amos
  • Options
    berardberard Member Posts: 13
    Yes, the $32,900 included destination. With taxes (3%) and tags, the out-the-door price was just a few dollars over $34,000. The rules of the website do not allow posting of specific points of contact, but if you e-mail me (click on my user name and you will see my profile with my e-mail address, I will be happy to fill you in.
  • Options
    jemmettgjemmettg Member Posts: 5
    Amos:

I remember hearing that Honda will have such a device (actually just connection cables), where the iPod is connected and located in the glove box. Unfortunately, the retail price of this was cited at $250! (Come on, Honda, give us a break). At that price, for a savings of $200 you can get a cig socket power cord and fm transmitter. True, the sound quality of fm will be less than hard wired, but for a $200 savings.....? With the 6-CD changer, and *if* it also plays MP3 disks (which may get more songs, if I remember correctly), there is that factor which delivers extended tune time. Moreover, think 1 years down the line. Who knows what sort of iPod or iPod connections will be available then, and the extent to which it can easily be connected. In any event, Honda's product was scheduled to be available sometime around december. I don't know if the Best Buy after-market device is available for Honda's Pilot. I suspect there will more after-market device developed, too, Best of luck finding your item, as regardless, I respect your role as an "early adopter" of technology.
  • Options
    Stop by Soth Shore Honda, ask for Roy in sales and mention amcpa...he was easy to work with and worked out a good deal on a 2006.
  • Options
    Check out www.carsdirect.com for a good price to negotiate from.
  • Options
    It does not....just bought one.
  • Options
    I ended up paying a little more to get the car sooner from a different dealer. I got a very good deal from Roy in sales at South Shore Honda in Valleystream, NY. There was no funny busibness and he was easy to talk to. If you go in, mention amcpa and hopefully he will give you a good price too. Let me know how it works out. I love the car too.
  • Options
    jamiejjamiej Member Posts: 4
    I just paid $700.00 over the $31,178.00 invoice for a Silver EX-L RES w/ cargo mat, mud flaps, etc... How is this comparing to other deals being had out there? Purchased in Roseville, CA, about 20 mi East of Sacramento.