Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Upgrade to 2017 A4

venice21venice21 Member Posts: 3
edited December 2016 in Audi
Hi there need some advice,

I am currently leasing a 2014 A4 that I've gone over the mileage allotment for (43.5k/42k....mth 29/42). The dealer I purchased it from sent me a letter to see if I would like to upgrade since by the time my lease ends i'll be over 20k miles. With the holiday incentives I figured this is the best time to get a new car as it would cover some/most of the negative equity.

I visited a local dealer (not the one I purchased from) to get a quote and see what they could do for me. Its a 2017 A4 ultra Premium FWD
MSRP: 39275
Sale Price: 32275
Rebate: 1300 ( 4 month pull ahead "I think")
Remaining payments: 5662 (435.54 *13) Was told it was cheaper to pay off vs trade in.
Dealer Fee: 798 (I'm in Florida "sad face")
Acq Fee: 795
Govt fees: 770 ( I'm assuming tax, tag, title etc?)
Cap cost : 39000
Residual: 19,..something
36/15k - 571 tax included everything rolled in.

1st question : Does this look right? The sales guy wouldn't give me any numbers except the price until I asked a few times.Even then it didn't include the MF or residual %. Then he said he couldn't let me leave with them so that I don't shop at other places...total bs.

I have yet to visit the dealer I purchased from to see what they offer me, in the letter I received it said there's a $750 loyalty credit and $6100 preferred customer credit. If I don't get another car this month it won't be til May but I fear it'll be even more expensive to do so.

Any insight would be most appreciated!

P.s I am also thinking of switching to BMW since they lease better than Audi, I feel that it may help get a cheaper payment.

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,266
    With $5600 in negative equity, it seems fair, but..

You are driving 18K/yr. Won't that put you back in the same boat, in another couple of years?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Exactly. You are not, at least in your present "mode", a good candidate for another lease.
  • Options
    The reason I'm so over was because I was commuting 4 hours a day (2 hours each way) /twice per week for a summer class for 6 weeks. It was a one time thing and I'm graduating in the spring. I'm already back to driving normal mileage (about 1k per month).
  • Options
    thomaskymnthomaskymn Member Posts: 14
    Wow!!! I just made a purchase of a 40k 2017 ultra for 36k.  I wish i had seen your post before I pulled the trigger :(. That is an amazing deal you got!!
  • Options
    venice21 said:

The reason I'm so over was because I was commuting 4 hours a day (2 hours each way) /twice per week for a summer class for 6 weeks. It was a one time thing and I'm graduating in the spring. I'm already back to driving normal mileage (about 1k per month).

If that's the case, I'd want to keep the car for awhile. Even at lease end, you should only be 15,000 miles over. That's a $3000 penalty, right? That's less under water than you are now.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:
    If that's the case, I'd want to keep the car for awhile. Even at lease end, you should only be 15,000 miles over. That's a $3000 penalty, right? That's less under water than you are now.
    It would be $3750 . But I'd also be responsible for maintenance and any issues once the warranty expires. That's what I'm try to avoid.
  • Options
    venice21 said:

kyfdx said:

venice21 said:

It would be $3750 . But I'd also be responsible for maintenance and any issues once the warranty expires. That's what I'm try to avoid.

Seems expensive either way, but more so, if you trade out now. Doesn't the Audi have a 50K mile warranty? I'd ride it out another 6 months, then see where you are then.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator