Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently leased or purchased a Lexus sedan or SUV? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by Wednesday, December 19 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.
Have you recently purchased (not leased) a subcompact sedan (such as a Toyota Yaris, Honda Fit, Chevy Sonic or Ford Fiesta)? If so, a reporter would like to talk to you. Please reach out to [email protected] by Wednesday, December 26 and the Edmunds PR team may connect you with the journalist.
If you experience loading issues with the login/register form, please completely disable ad blocker or use an incognito or in-private window to log in.

hydroplaned on February 17th, 2017, during big storm, ins co. wants to find me at fault?

stellamarisstellamaris Posts: 1
edited March 2017 in General
hydroplaned on February 17th, 2017, during big storm, ins co. wants to find me at fault? Police told me that was an act of nature accident. What do I do?

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 101,043
    Unless the police cited "Nature" for causing the accident, I'd guess you are out of luck.

Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 8,398
    Agree, no matter what they said, it's hard to imagine anything other than the phrase "driving too fast for conditions" being written down somewhere.

Edmunds Moderator

Need some roadside assistance? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Just purchased or leased a vehicle? Share your vehicle reviews

PF_Flyer's 2014 Versa Note Long Term Blog
    How To Start Your Own Long Term Blog

• texasestexases Posts: 8,484
    If $$ are big enough it'd be worth consulting a lawyer.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Sonoma, CaliforniaPosts: 62,464
    The problem with single-car accidents is that there's no one else to blame. I suppose a case could be made for the tires not doing their job but in the case of hydroplaning, even the best rain tires in the world will, at some point, hydroplane. If the tire cannot get rid of the wall of water in front of it, it's going to skate over it.

I guess that poor road maintenance could also be brought up. But like Texases said, unless some horrific injuries or big buck damages are involved here, hiring a lawyer and an automotive forensics expert seems not to be worth it.

Don't you have comp/collision on the vehicle, to cover the damages?

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Share Your Vehicle Reviews Here