Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    cndnbkncndnbkn Member Posts: 76
    Thanks r000, I figured I could get right at $500 payment with just the inception fees. I assume you are including the $595 lease acquisition fee plus dealer fee($400 or so) plus title and tag fee($100-200). Totaling around a grand, is that about right? Do you mind sharing what dealers in NJ quoted you this? Saves me some time blasting emails. Also how was their inventory? Seems a lot of dealers do not have many MDX's. Thanks again.
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're very welcome, bstek1. I would just tell the dealer that you want this vehicle for $50,537 and you want them to use the buy rate lease money factor of .00151 to calculate your payment. There's nothing wrong with shooting got a selling price that's lower than that if you think that either they might go for it or that it will help you to arrive at the price that you really want.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    Welcome aboard swajames. Here's the information that you're looking for. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 MDX Advance with 10,000 miles per year are .00151 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi sl1288. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 MDX Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00151 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

15,000 miles per year is the highest mileage allowance that Acura publishes residual values for. If you need to drive more than this, you will have to purchase additional miles on a per-mile basis. It is less expensive to do so at lease signing than it is to wait until lease-end and have to pay an excess mileage penalty.

Using this program, an MSRP of $46,715, and a selling price of $42,900, I estimate that this vehicle's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $594.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Thanks afmf22. If I was in the market for a 2010 Acura MDX, I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 or so over invoice, probably starting the negotiations lower than that and coming up if I had to.

I'm not completely surprised that none of the dealers that you left messages for called you back. For one, business is actually pretty good this month. Also, dealers don't like to provide price quotes over the phone that can be shopped around. They are much more likely to give legitimate price quotes to consumers who are physically in their showrooms.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi lhsa. Acura Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 MDX Technology with 12,000 miles per year are .00151 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Acura charges a $595 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. You can either pay that fee at lease signing or roll it into your vehicle's capitalized cost to make it part of your payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    grace7000grace7000 Member Posts: 6
    I am new to this. Looking to lease a MDX with Tech and Entertainment in NY or northern NJ.

I saw one of the hosts wrote:

Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2010 Acura MDX with 10,000 miles per year are .00151 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I don't know how to apply this to what I am looking at. Even if I could find a calculator on the web I am still not clear on whether this is just their standard lease rates or if the end result is a calculation of a number I should expect to negotiate down to.

Can someone advise?
  • Options
    rizzotreemanrizzotreeman Member Posts: 14
    Hi - I am looking to lease an MDX tech and wanted to add running boards and a roof rack. Do accessories like that typically get figured into the end residual for purposes of calculating monthly payments, or does the residual get calculated purely off the car w/o accessories added, and you end up basically paying for the entire cost of the accessories over the course of the lease because the cap cost is bumped higher initially? Any help much appreciated.
  • Options
    rbrrbr Member Posts: 113
    The residual value is applied to the MSRP of the car. I suggest you use the lease calculator on Edmunds for more information, but everything you need (MF and RV) is here for a 36 month lease. That's the most common lease term for this car as the MF increases a great deal for terms longer than that.
  • Options
    mdxleasermdxleaser Member Posts: 2
    Can you demonstrate how the below scenario/monthly payment would change simply by changing it to 10,000 miles per year? Thanks so much.
    Also, do you ever recommend 48 month leases or 36 is more ideal? Thanks again.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 Acura MDX Advance with Entertainment that has an MSRP of $54,565 and a selling price of $50,537 ($500 over invoice) through Honda Finance right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $692, assuming that you qualify for its top credit tier.

I used a money factor of 0.00151 and a residual value of 55% to arrive at this payment.
  • Options
    mdxleasermdxleaser Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone ever used newcarslowestprices dot com as a broker? Can't find much reviews on them but they seem nice on the phone and charge around 200 dollars for helping you buy or lease a car and guarantee much better than you can do alone. Seems like a reasonable price, but wanted to see if anybody has been scammed or anything like that. Thanks.
  • Options
    jvettejvette Member Posts: 70
    I don't think you need a broker to make the purchase or lease for you. You have all the information you need to make an intelligent offer right here on this site. Go to the dealer yourself and make an offer at invoice or a little lower and then come back on here and post the offer you get. You can get the help on here for free and save yourself $200.
  • Options
    maleaser58maleaser58 Member Posts: 2
    I got a 2010 Acura MDX for $570 per month with first payment and fees down of $1,579. $1,009 in fees were acquisition, tax tiltle and $289 processing fee which I did not like so I got all weather mats thrown in to cover me a bit. Very satisfied on the deal. Northshore MA Acura dealer. East to deal with no BS. i went with the 15k per year and got .00151 and 56% residual. Much better than the rates i was getting for volovo xc90. Good luck to the rest of you. I will rate the dealer carman.
  • Options
    boatskigolf1boatskigolf1 Member Posts: 7
    I also live in MA and have been looking at purchasing a 2010 MDX w/tech+ent. You said you bought at a Northshore MA Acura dealer, would that be Acura of Peabody? Can you give some details on the actual purchase price $ for the MDX that was used for the lease calculation. What was the price relative to invoice and was it difficult to get your price? Did you look at other dealers in the area? Did you try any e-mail or internet connect previous to walking in and negotiating? Did you get any other accessories?
    Thanks, any additional info would be helpful, I am looking to buy with in the next month, would like to have hit the end of the month "deals", but not sure I can get it all together by Wednesday.
  • Options
    Welcome grace7000. All of the terminology that is associated with leasing can definitely be confusing if you're not familiar with it. Don't worry about it. Leasing isn't all that difficult to understand once you have read how it works. You definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Take a look at the articles and let us know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi mdxleaser. Switching the lease that you referenced from 12,000 miles per year to 10,000 would lower its pre-tax monthly payment by $14 to $678.

Acura's special lease program is only available for up to 36 months. That means that if you want to lease for longer than that, you will have to pay a higher interest rate which isn't a good idea.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hey maleaser58. Thanks for sharing the details of your lease with everyone and for rating your dealer experience. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    ducati_fanducati_fan Member Posts: 1
    Hey all! There is a lot of great info here!

With the arrival of our new son, I'm looking to lease a 2010 MDX with the Advance / Ent package with 12k in Los Angeles. Does anyone have any recommendations for which dealership location and or sales person I should deal with?

Looking to pull the trigger this week if they have a black on black available or a pearl on black.

Thanks everyone! Great site!
  • Options
    EricD123EricD123 Member Posts: 1
    I received so much help from this forum I figured I would post the deal that I just got in hopes that it would help someone else.

I am in the Cleveland, OH area. I just went to an Acura dealer (after fielding offers from online leasing companies) and got the following deal:

2010 Acura MDX
    Base
    36 Months
    12,000 miles per year
    $2000 Down (includes 1st month payment)
    $546.50 per month

After evaluating all of the info on here it appears to be about as good a deal as I could get (within a few bucks). Since the taxes amounted to just over $1500 the $2000 down was basically for taxes and first months payment.

For those curious in more details here they are:

Gross Capitalized Cost: $41,978.15
    Purchase Option/Residual: $24,919.10 (just over 59% residual)
    Int Rate/Money Factor: I don't have it on my paperwork but I saw it and I think it was in the 3% - .00151 range

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    gator00sigator00si Member Posts: 61
    edited April 2010
    I just inked the following deal:

2010 MDX w/ TECH
    36 months
    15,000 miles/yr
    Options: Protection Package (wheel locks, cargo tray, and all-season mats)
    $0 down (no cap cost reduction)
    Out of pocket costs: $1350 (Aquisition fee, first month, and tag/title transfer)
    Payment: $608 plus tax = $650 total

Happy Hunting!
  • Options
    Congratulations on getting your new MDX, EricD123. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. I'm sure that others will find it very helpful. If you haven't already and you have a few seconds, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    mechanicalmechanical Member Posts: 4
    I HAVE ORDERED A 2010 WITH A ADVANCE PKG. ITS DUE IN IN JUNE. IT WILL BE ANYONE'S GUESS WHAT THE FINANCE RATES WILL BE. HOWEVER, IF I WERE TO LEASE IT TODAY BASE ON 15K/YR AND NO MONEY DOWN IN NEW YORK STATE AND ASSUMING A 595 BANK FEE, WHAT WOULD BE MY PAYMENT?

IS THERE A LEASE CALCULATOR OUT THERE THAT IS ACCURATE AND REALISTIC. I DID HAVE ONE THAT WAS IN EXCELL, BUT IT'S BEEN DELETED FROM MY HARDDRIVE.

THANKS
  • Options
    I have always used the one off leaseguide.com

http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm

good luck!
  • Options
    tomy3tomy3 Member Posts: 46
    I too am from the Cleveland area and was checking out the MDX at Motorcars. The lease info is the same I received. I would hope to do a little better in terms of the lease buy price though. Looks like you are about $1900 over invoice I will be shooting for $40,600 which is about invoice plus $500. I will post once I close on the car.
  • Options
    dmv2dmv2 Member Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    I am a current CX-9 owner thinking of leasing an MDX. Dealer gave me a price that she said was rock bottom non negotiable.
    MDX with Tech package. 36 month at the stated acura finance numbers.
    43900 Cap Cost 56% residual ( I think)
    Price 599 per month plus taxes and fees.
    Is this a good price. It is good until the end of the month.
    She is also telling me inventory is limited. Dealer is located on Long Island

Thanks
  • Options
    That 599 price was for 12,000 miles per year.

Thank you again.
  • Options
    dmw2,

What is the amount of your fees (out of pocket costs) you are talking about? What is your cap cost reduction a.k.a how much $ are you putting down if anything?

E
  • Options
    Here is a deal I posted on Apil 7th...

I just inked the following deal:
    2010 MDX w/ TECH
    36 months
    15,000 miles/yr
    Out of pocket costs: $1350 (Aquisition fee, first month (incl. tax), and tag/title transfer)
    Payment: $608 plus tax = $650 total
  • Options
    Just got a response from a different dealer.

Sales price 43,418
    12,000 mile 36 months
    585 per months plus taxes of 1866 and fees of 595.

Thats $500 less on the selling price and $15 less a month on the lease
    that the other salesperson told me was lowest I would find anywhere and not negotiable.
  • Options
    dmw2,

First off, sales 101....the sales people will tell you anything to lease or sell you a car.
    So from what you told me your TOTAL out of pockets looks to be $2,461 at $585/mo plus tax and 12k miles/year. You can definately do better if you have the time to shop it around to different dealers like it appears that you are. Good luck!
  • Options
    is95a1is95a1 Member Posts: 7
    CarMan, I am looking for a 2010 Tech/Entertainment in Maryland. I was quoted the following lease terms:
    MSRP 48,615
    Negotiated price 45,289 (incl. destination and accessories below)
    Body Side Molding 308
    Roof rack and rails 689

lease term 36 months
    12k miles/year
    55% residual
    MF 1.51 (I assume .00151)
    MD Taxes 2717.34 (6%)

Money down 3644
    Monthly Payments 644.39/mo

Thoughts?
  • Options
    snake_docsnake_doc Member Posts: 3
    Car_man and others, please tell me if this is a good deal.

2010 MDX w/ TECH
    36 months
    12,000 miles/yr
    $4000 down - includes Cap cost reduction + Aquisition fee, first month (incl. tax), and tag/title transfer
    Payment: $599 (includes tax)
  • Options
    No....I suggest you read through the forum and you will see what deals people are getting.
  • Options
    n4roninn4ronin Member Posts: 14
    Hi everyone,

I was quoted around 40k for a MDX base. with the following

620.90/month for lease with 15k miles a year. Plus they will cut me a check for $1500.00 to pay off my TSX lease. Thoughts?
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

I was quoted around 40k for a MDX base.

620.90/month for lease with 15k miles a year. Plus they will cut me a check for $1500.00 to pay off my TSX lease. Thoughts?
  • Options
    I recieved another quote with the following breakdown.

MDX base Invoice - 300. Lease payments come out to 594.15 for 15k/mile year includes everything.

They are also cutting me a check for the final 3 months payments on my TSX.
  • Options
    Hi is95a1. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with Acura's buy rate for this model, so that's a good sign. Let's take a look at the selling price.

The dealer invoice price for a 2010 Acura MDX with the Tech and Entertainment Packages but without the other options that you mentioned is $44,642. That puts the selling price that you were quoted at around $647 over invoice. I'm sure that there's some margin built into the other options that you mentioned, molding & roof rack, so you're probably paying a little more than that over invoice.

That's not a bad deal. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the MDX in your area right now, but if I was in the market for this truck I personally would shoot for a selling price of around $500 over invoice. You're within a couple hundred bucks of that, so doing any serious shopping around probably isn't worth your time...but it wouldn't hurt to see if you can shave another couple hundred dollars off with this dealer.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    Hi snake. The best way to evaluate this deal is to take a look at the MSRP and selling price that were used to calculate this payment. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these numbers, it is difficult to tell how large a dealer discount you are being given and in turn whether there is any room left to negotiate.

Let us know what these numbers are and I'm sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly tell you what they think.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    qu2ttr0qu2ttr0 Member Posts: 2
    gator00si, what is the end of lease residual value? Thanks.
  • Options
    tomy3tomy3 Member Posts: 46
    Just settled with my local dealer on 2010 MDX Base..$500 over Invoice. The same deal was available for the Tech as well. Good time to buy or lease!
  • Options
    Good job, tomy3. If I was in the market for an MDX, that's right around the selling price that I'd shoot for.

Car_man
    Host
  • Options
    nicedayniceday Member Posts: 1
    Hello Car_man and everyone on the boards,

got a price on a lease for a 2010 MDX advance
    36 month
    12k miles
    4k down - includes 1st month
    49,000 sale price
    residual price of $28,439, or 54%

$660 / month (including tax of about 6%)

Using a lease calculator with the .00151 money rate, my monthly payment calculation (including tax) came out closer to 600/month. Am I missing something or am I getting a fair deal?
  • Options
    cndnbkncndnbkn Member Posts: 76
    Carman, Can you provide the new May numbers for MF and Residual for 15kmiles for the Base and Tech 2010 MDX? Thanks in advance. Also let me know if there is any trunk money but i seriously doubt there is.

cndnbkn
  • Options
    buckeyeryebuckeyerye Member Posts: 2
    Hello Board,

I am looking to lease a MDX with tech. pkg. What is a good deal for this?

I was quoted a purchase price of $43,565 (not sure if that includes dest. charge, but I assume it doesn't).

*36 month lease, 12k miles per year $589 per month
    *36 month lease, 15k per year $612 per month

* above prices take into acccount that I will pay no cap cost reduction and will pay taxes, mv, 1st month, security and other normal lease fees upfront (approx. $3k). Quote rc'd on 5/5/10 from Smithtown Acura in NY.

Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    vista1vista1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello Board,

I was quoted the following for Base MDX lease:

10,000 miles / year
    36 months
    Monthly payment = $500.39 (tax included)
    $2,000 due at signing (1st months payment, dealer fee, acquisition fee, tags, etc...)

What do you think? This quote was after very little back and forth.
  • Options
    vbinncvbinnc Member Posts: 3
    Payment 616.34 + 18.49 (3%) NC sales tax. Not another red cent, for anything, all fees etc. were rolled into the payments. All I brought when I picked it up was my beautiful wife and a check for $634.83. I sure it's not the sharpest of all deals, but I'm satisfied. And I really love this MDX! Good fortune to you still seeking.
  • Options
    vista1vista1 Member Posts: 2
    Ignore my post above, the dealership misquoted and pulled the quote back.

New quote:

10,000 miles / year
    36 months
    $1,500 total due a signing
    $550 / month (tax included)

Still a good deal?
  • Options
    calzephyrcalzephyr Member Posts: 2
    Car man:

Just got quoted the following from a Northern California dealer. It seems to be in the ballpark, but wanted to do a sanity check.

2010 MDX w/ Tech

MSRP - $46,715
    Purchase price - $42,920
    three years
    12,000 miles per yer
    money factor - .00150
    Residual - $26,160 (is residual % calculated using the MSRP or the purchase price?)

Drive off - first payment of $639.67, $8.75 tire fee and $597 DMV fees.(total $1,245.42)

Payment $588.20 + Tax

With a 15,000 per year lease the residual is $25,226.10 and the payment is $612.74 plus tax

Is there any room for improvement here?

Thanks for any input...

CalZephyr
  • Options
    stanleetstanleet Member Posts: 2
    Calzephyr,

I'm trying to find that same deal in Southern Cal. My lease calculator says they've rolled about $626 in fees into the lease. Without those fees, the payment would be $570.
  • Options
    That is pretty close to the deal I got last month:

2010 MDX w/ TECH
    36 months
    15,000 miles/yr
    Out of pocket costs: Total of $1350 (Aquisition fee, first month, and tag/title transfer)
    Payment: $608 plus tax
This discussion has been closed.