Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi mike. Acura's March lease program is similar to but not exactly the same as its February program. It is no pushing 36 month leases instead of 39 month leases. Also, its residual values dropped by 1%. To help offset this slightly shorter term and slightly lower residual value Honda Finance lowered the TSX's money factor from .00250 to .00215 for "Super Preferred" tier customers.

Acura extended the $750 dealer cash that it was providing on the '09 TSX through May 4th.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • scooter21scooter21 Member Posts: 14
    What is the residual on a 12,000 mile/36 mos. lease for a TSX no NAV?

Thanks!
  • marys236marys236 Member Posts: 90
    Could I get more information about the $750 cash incentive for consumers on their first lease? I currently have a lease through Honda, I make my last payment on 4/26, but it technically doesn't expire until 5/27. If I turn the car in a little early, would I qualify for the cash incentive? Thanks for all your help.
  • XxHaimBonxXXxHaimBonxX Member Posts: 135
    These March numbers make a TSX pretty good buy. I think I have a buyer's remorse of not waiting another month.
  • liz15liz15 Member Posts: 24
    Wondering if anyone knows if the new offers will be lower this month. I waiting to hear back from the dealer. I was offered 39 Month $339.00 with tax, $1,450 down 10,000 miles last week. I'm wondering if the new 36 month lease will be lower.
  • Jack1234Jack1234 Member Posts: 16
    Liz, i got 336x36 with1500. 10k. picking up next week. Tsx base
    $1,500 due at signing
    12,000 miles for 36M
    $319 plus tax
    TSX base

Is that fair?
    I think that's fair. I got pretty fair deal too.
    I think you could do better. If that included tax, I would grab it.
    Confused by dealers offer ... went last week (Feb) and I was offered $339 a month $1,450 down 10,000 mile 39 M. Wanted to think about it, I emailed the dealer this week and asked if the offer changed in March. He told me that it was now $1,500 down 12,000 mile $319 plus tax for 36M. So I went there today, test drove the car and we sat down. He told me to wait, he was going to see if he could do better. Came back wth $1,800 down 10,000 mile $339 with tax. When I told him that was worse then the email and last weeks offer he said it was but the rates changed in March that Feb was better. He said that if I call him in April they might be lower. Problem is my lease on my current car (not an Acura) is up April 2nd. No other dealers in my area. So is this true that the lease offers are worse in March then they were in Feb?
    i dont think is that much different, this month just few dollars more than last month but u getting 36 months, not 39 months. i would go for 36.
    What is local? I drove 90 miles to get my deal. You got 4 wheels don't you?
  • GTIGRGTIGR Member Posts: 9
    12k/year
    Msrp: $32820
    Sale price: $30175
    Money factor: .00215
    Residual: 59%
    Down payment: $2499
    Payment: $369 plus tax

How good of a deal is that?
  • dtorz21dtorz21 Member Posts: 8
    after leasing a new tsx, and loving it so far... i am now wrapping up my old nissan lease. i just received the bill for the mile overage and there is sales tax added on... is this common practice to charge sales tax on miles over the allocated yearly amount or is nissan cooking my invoice?
  • drseifdrseif Member Posts: 8
    I am also looking at a TSX in Ohio. What dealer are you working with? Do you know how sales tax works in OH? My dealer tells me Ohio is an upfront sales tax state. Have you been told this? You must pay all sales tax and roll that into the capitalized cost?
  • drseifdrseif Member Posts: 8
    Looking at leasing a base TSX. 10K/year 36 mo.; $0 down
    Sales price: $26,831
    Sales Tax: $810
    Bank Acq. Fee: $595
    Total: $28,236
    Residual: 63%; Money factor .00215
    Monthly payment: $370

Does this seem like a good deal or do I have some negotiating to do?
    Has anyone found the offer about $ 750 for returning Honda lessees? I am aware of the $750 marketing support for dealers but saw something in the forum about this as well. Thank everyone for any help you can provide!
    I just picked up my TSX base last weekend. They gave me $26650. so i think they can go down another 100 or 200 for sales peice.
    Everything is taxable, including your additional miles. This has nothing to do with your taxes paid upfront.
  • scooter21scooter21 Member Posts: 14
    How does $26,219 sound for a price on a base TSX in MA? I am a returning lessee so have the benefit of the $750 cash.

Thanks for any comments.

Also, does anyone know the residual for a 36 mos/12k mile lease?
    Hi scooter21. Honda Finance's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 Acura TSX without navigation with 12,000 miles per year are .00215 and 62%, respectively. When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $750 dealer cash that is currently available on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    That's a very good question, marys236. The version of the program that I have seen states that it is for Honda lessees whose deals expire from 2/1/09 - 4/30/09. Yours does not, leading me to believe that you might not qualify for this offer. The only way to know for certain is to ask a dealer.

Car_man
    Host
    My current lease a Subaru Legacy is up in a few weeks. The Subaru was my first lease and I did not do a good job with this lease with regard to the price. I have to make up my mind between the Subaru 2.5i limited and the Acura TSX (base). I am unable to get the rep to give me the final selling price and the money factor. Here are the lease offers I have, please let me know if they are fair.

Acura TSX - 12,000 miles a year 36 months. $1,450 down $319 a month before tax. I stressed that the $1,450 is everything including registration and plates

Subaru 2.5i limited - 12,000 miles a year 36 months. $2,000 down $299 a month incudes 7% tax plus I have to pay for registration and plates. Because I currently lease from Subaru they will pay the first month and waive the $300 disposition fee. I will have to pay the dispositon fee if I do not lease again.

So which is the better and fair offer? If I go with the TSX could I go lower, for example get the monthly payment down to $319 including tax or at least $325?

My last concern with the TSX is the performace in winter weather. I live in Rockland County NY, can anyone tell me how the car rides in the snow? The sales rep told me that the performance tires would not be good but the all season tires that come with the car should be OK.
  • ejoyce423ejoyce423 Member Posts: 42
    We have been negotiating with the same salesperson and we are at $319 a month for 36 months with $700 total out of pocket due at signing. This is on a base TSX with 10K miles annually using AHFC. This includes our Acura Select Advantage Program $750 coupon received in the mail for cap cost reduction. Let us know what you think. We are supposed to take delivery Monday evening.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Member Posts: 1,724
    Both sound like good deals, but its a matter of what you want now. Which car, gives you that, WOW! factor Also, the TSX will handle just fine in the snow, but coming from a car that is 4wheel drive, it may feel different. I think you'll be fine. If you live in an area where you do have a lot of snow, get snow often, well you might choose the subie. Just test drive them both again on roads you can really feel the car out, and then make your decision. In the end, its your car, and what you want. Ask yourself if you can be happy with the car for a few years. Is everything I want on it.

Good Luck!
    $319 including tax? If yes, then it's no brainer. If no, it's still pretty good, but about $25 more.
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    not sure -- for 10K miles a year seems you're hardly driving the car. averages to 27 miles per day. Not sure the point of driving such a nice car for only a 10K miles per year lease. go with at least a 15K miles a year lease.
  • mikeut2k3mikeut2k3 Member Posts: 4
    I have been reading this thread for over a month and have contacted half a dozen sales managers. I had decided that Haim's dealership was too far; I settled on a 48mile drive into Suffolk, NY.

With the new March deal, I did the following:
    Base 09 Acura TSX
    29720 MSRP
    62% Residual 12K Miles
    .00215 / 5.16% money factor.
    36 Month Lease
    26394 Purchase price (destination included in this figure)
    $349 per month, includes taxes rolled in.

I paid the following up front:
    $595 Bank Fee $48 tax on this as well.
    $137 DMV + New License Plates
    $349 First Month's
    $12.50 tire $10 Inspection
    $45 doc fee (was optional, I let them have it.)
    That amounts to a $1196 drive off.

If it was a 39 month lease, using those numbers, it would have been real close to Haim's deal in up-state NY(39 month leases are typically cheaper than 36 month leases).

It was not difficult to get this deal from them either. But, every other dealership would not even attempt to come close to this deal. You just have to keep trying until you find the right one.

-Mike
  • AXM23AXM23 Member Posts: 64
    HaimBonx,

I may be going to the same dealer you got your TSX from. (DCH). I want to make sure you did not get haggled or they jacked up the price after you made an agreement with the dealer over the phone.

Please advise.
    Thanks
    10K is low, however, not impossible. I used to commute 10 miles each way daily and errands on the weekend. On average once every two months I took a round trip from Albany to NYC, 130 miles each way, 300 total. Summers we got out of town taking longer trips. All in all, I drove 24K in 2.5 years. Now I live even closer to work and my daily round trip is 10 miles. I don't even know what I am going to do with my allowed 36K.

If I have a short commute, why should I drive crap if I can afford not to? And for a "such a nice car" comment, TSX is great, it's not a KIA, but come on.

Many people get to work by taking public transportation, since there is traffic and parking issues. That leaves them driving mostly on the weekend. These people would probably ok with even 5K per year.
    Thanks again for the offline info XxHaimBonxX. I agree 10K miles is low but we have 8K miles to rollover from our 2006 MDX turned in 2 weeks ago. The $750 from the Acura Select Advantage Program and rollover miles swayed us to the TSX. This deal already includes 7% NJ state sales tax, 3 years NJ motor vehicle and all miscellaneous fees. We are waiting to see the faxed contract Monday morning. If everything is legitimate we will call our insurance company and make the 2 1/2 hour drive to Wappingers Falls.
    I have been trying to contact XxHaimBonxX regarding his experience with the dealer from Wappinger Falls but he has not gotten back to me. Can you disclose the name of the person you are working with from this dealer. I am working with one as well and I want to see if it is the same person.

Did the dealer agree to fax you a contract? If so, I may have him do the same for me before I take the long drive to the dealership as well.
  • stevecarstevecar Member Posts: 148
    I contacted the same dealer and with nothing down they gave me an all in price of 375 a month. I guess it's a moving target.
    I haven't had any e-mails from you man. Fill out their quote request and get a sale price for March. Then work your numbers yourself, don't ask them to give you a lease quote.

March deals I think are better because they lowered the money factor. So even though in theory your monthly payments should be larger, money factor brings them down again. I did the math for March and came up with same monthly payment, only 36 months. I really like the car and don't mind driving it for 3 more months, or maybe even keeping it.

I haven't had any problems with them, except when I got my papers I noticed that it said 10K miles. They said it was a mistake and changed it to 12k in 5 seconds.

I didn't try to have them fax me a copy of the contract since I asked my salesperson 10 times if I should expect any surprises, and took his word for it. He also had his agent take care insurance, and when I arrived, the car was ready with insurance and plates. All I had to do is sign, so I did and drove away. The manager even asked me: "Was this easy?". Overall awesome experience, unlike any other. I even wish I could go through it again.
    I am optimistic that the deal will be a positive experience. I have also asked the salesperson like 10 times if the deal includes everything and there will be no extra surprises. I mean with a two and a half hour drive we just needed some extra reassurance the deal is legitimate. He did not have any objection to faxing the contract and already provided the VIN so we can make insurance arrangements. I was told it would be a quick and painless transaction. I will let you know tomorrow how things actually turned out.
    I think I know why you have to take care the insurance on your own since you are out of state. How does the DMV situation work? You get temp tags and exchange them for NJ plates once you show them bill of sale or other paperwork?
    I tried to email you at your aim.com address that you posted a few weeks ago... oh well. Sorry about that.

I already asked them for a lease quote. I asked them if they could match the deal you got. A dealer whose name begins with D. said that he would do it with whatever he has in stock. He also indicated that the car was being sold "wholesale". What does that mean? Is that below invoice and holdback?

At any rate, I got offered a great deal. I plan to fax him my credit app. in the morning and hopefully pick up the car tomorrow evening.

Thanks for all the info you have been posting. It has helped me a great deal. If this works out, this deal will save me about $1400 over the life of the lease over any other deal I have been offered to date.

I will post tomorrow night to let you guys know how it all went. Hopefully I can confirm that I drove off with the car.
    I haven't heard anything about wholesale, maybe it's another fancy name of buying for invoice. Or they bought so many cars that they were offered a better than invoice price from Honda. When I was purchasing my car, I was able to select any color I wanted with any interior. I think they had every possible combination at that time.

In any case, if you get it for 1100 down and $326 per mos, only 36 months now, you got yourself a steal. Good Luck!
    I actually prefer to handle the insurance myself (less chance of human error). Tags will most likely be 20 day non-resident NY temporary tag. The dealer is collecting three years NJ motor vehicle so I am assuming plates will be mailed to me at my home address. I am sure not driving back up there to pick them up. I will ask for clarification on the MV procedures prior to our departure. Do you get anything for the referral XxHaimBonxX? My wife has a friend who gets $300 per referral from the dealership where she used to work. Sounds like the same salesperson AXM23. What color combination are you taking? We wanted crystal black pearl on ebony but ended up taking polished metal metallic on ebony. Maybe we will see you up there tonight. Good luck!
    Ejoyce,
    I hope they have more than 1 vehicle with those color combinations! lol. I want the same exact colors. The salesperson (D) will be busy tonight... A referral bonus would be good for you XXHaimBonxX.

As for the plates, I think they get mailed to the dealer and you can have the dealer mail them out to you. EJouyce are you registering in NJ?
    Can anyone explain the difference between GROSS CAPITALIZED COST vs. "AGREED UPON VALUE" of a car on Honda's lease agreements? The agreed upon value is always lower than the GROSS CAP even if the GROSS CAP has been reduced with rebates or reduced to be closer to invoice.
    I haven't received anything for referral, not even a thanks, although I know for sure that at least one person picked up the car around the same time I did. $300 for referral is very generous, since I think even sales people don't get much more than that. I wish I did.
    I closed the deal on a TSX base last night. Here is the specifics:

36 months / 12k
    $2,500 TOTAL out of pocket
    $299 a month

The deal includes body side moldings and mud guards.

A special thanks goes out to XxHaimBonxX and ejoyce423 for all of their help, insight and recommendations. My deal was worth the 2+ hour drive to and 2 hour drive back home for the car.

I did all the negotiating of the lease terms over the phone, which lasted only a few minutes. The dealer was very upfront and to the point. When I got to the dealership last night, it took a mere 15 minutes before I was able to drive away in my new car.

I kep waiting for a "hidden" suprise or problem to surface but it never did. My brother, who accompanied me, kept saying under his breath that the transaction was almost hard to believe how smooth everything was going.

If anyone wants to know more specifics just let me know.

Thanks CarMan for all of your help and to the others who have posted here. This web site is a great source of information. :)
    Great deal, enjoy the car! Is that place something or is it something?
  • GTIGRGTIGR Member Posts: 9
    After negotiating for some time with a dealer in Cleveland, OH, here are the current lease numbers for a 2009 TSX TECH at 36 months w/12,000 miles per year. Monthly payment is $399.04 tax included (7.75% in my county) w/$2,871.57 due at signing. The breakdown of the monies due at signing are as follows :

$ 399.04 First Payment
    $1,435.30 Down Payment
    $ 111.24 Tax on Down Payment (7.75%)
    $ 595.00 Bank Fee
    $ 46.11 Tax on Bank Fee (7.75%)
    $ 250.00 State of Ohio Documentary Fee
    $ 19.38 Tax on Doc. Fee (7.75%)
    $ 15.50 Title Fee

IS THIS A GOOD DEAL? I still have a couple of weeks before I make up my mind.
  • bryan41bryan41 Member Posts: 12
    AMX,

That is a great deal! I've been trying to get the same deal from my local dealer and they are saying that your deal is impossible. They do say that they are willing to match any other dealers offer....the best I can get otherwise is $328 with $3800 out of pocket...

Do you have an offer from your dealer with the specs on it? I only have one local dealer so its kind of difficult.

I really want this car but I don't want to overpay. What should I do?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,098
    They do say that they are willing to match any other dealers offer....

I think you are finding that this statement is not true...

It rarely is... if they are willing to make a good deal, tell them to put their cards on the table... Otherwise, it's just talk..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Yes, that place is great. I didn't think any car dealerships could be that pleasurable.
    I know what you mean. I tried to get several dealers close to my residence to match these numbers and they all said that my numbers were impossible to match. I was forced to make this deal over the phone and after I faxed my credit application, 10 mins later the dealer called me with my new VIN number and I went later that evening to pick it up.

The next closest offer I got on the TSX base was $2000 total out of pocket at $339 a month and that did not include the mud guards and body side moldings. So essentially, the deal I landed saved me approx. $1500 over the life of the lease.

The only documents that I have with the specs is the lease contract and lease retail agreement. I have the docs at home and can give you the details tomorrow if you like. Are you anywhere in the northeast? This deal was through a dealer in NY.

$3800 out of pocket is way too much money. Take the commute to another dealer and avoid that offer.
  • bryan41bryan41 Member Posts: 12
    AMX,

I think I found your dealer! Is it Heart Acura?
    They offered me $2500 down, 299 per month, 3 year/36k miles. Is this the best I can do?
  • jfssailjfssail Member Posts: 1
    This dealer should not charge you the $250 documentary fee for a car lease in Ohio. Just leased a 2009 TSX in Akron without the fee. The only way people can comment on this deal is if you give us the negotiated price and comment on what incentives are included.