Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura TSX Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi superchief20. Acura's current lease program is scheduled to run through May 2nd, so it really doesn't matter when you start negotiating your new lease...now or next month. Do whatever is most convenient for you. If I was in your situation, I would shoot for the end of March. Dealers often seem to be more willing to cut good deals at the end of the month.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi mikeizzy. Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TSX 4-cylinder MT with Tech and 15,000 miles per year are .00129 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey njtechwarrior. Acura's March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TSX V6 without Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00091 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Acura is currently providing $1,000 dealer cash on 2011 TSX V6 models.

Car_man
    Host
  • rrs79rrs79 Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2011
    made and got the following offer for 2011 base tsx without tech in maryland
    $346 per month, with 0 down and tax, titles and all fees rolled into the monthly payment - basically just 1st month's payment and drive off....
    im guessing this is based on a MF=0.00129 and sale price to be around 27500...MD taxes at 6% off the sale price, which totally sucks :(
    Good deal?
  • ohh_henryohh_henry Member Posts: 4
    Sounds like a great deal. 12k miles per year?

I got my 2011 base tsx 3 weeks ago for $363/month with everything included, and dealer paying first month. GA tax at 7%. I felt pretty good about my deal, looks like you beat me. Enjoy!
    12k - thanks. had to play one dealer against another (not my proudest moment ;)) - but considering the target sale price mentioned above, im sure there is something left for the dealer...these damn acquisition fees are killer for leases...they'll almost always tack on $20-30 on the monthly payments...
  • njtechwarriornjtechwarrior Member Posts: 12
    Thanks for the 2011 TSX V6 base numbers Carman,

One last question, can the $1000 dealer cash be used on a lease? Making the TMV price I should shoot for $32,145 not $33,145?

Thanks.
  • jamesbond15jamesbond15 Member Posts: 145
    In the past I have found truecar.com to be a better indicator of current sales prices for cars. In the LA area (I just used my own zip code), a V6 TSX Base goes for around $31k, so I would aim for that.
  • njtechwarriornjtechwarrior Member Posts: 12
    Thanks Mr Bond. I checked out that site , the 31k you reference is for the 2010 model. The have the 2011 as $32,474. Would still like an official work on whether the dealer cash can be used because the dealer will say it cant be used no matter what.

Thanks
    just leased a 2010 base tsx with 12k miles/year for $299 per month, inclusive of all MD taxes, tags, etc - first payment due at signing...36 months. just had 38 delivery miles on it...
    i think i got a great deal?!?
  • jpljpl Member Posts: 36
    Hi: Live on Long Island, have Accord lease expiring, if I switch to Acura, does the Repeat Customer Loyalty $$$ carryover? Also, anyone lease a 2011 TSX in NY lately?

jpl
    Yes, njtechwarrior, the dealer cash is compatible with the special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • endaarendaar Member Posts: 1
    Hi All,

I'm looking at leasing a 2011 TSX 4cyl AT w/Tech package, 36mo, 12k/yr. Thus far I've gotten figures of $403/month and $436/month, paying only tax upfront in either case. The $436 number was in person and was not negotiated at all. The $403 was over the phone.

If I'm using the right MF and residual based on the posts here, both seem a bit high.

Thoughts?

Thanks
  • chloetanchloetan Member Posts: 11
    Hi All,
    Does anyone knows if there's a 12 - 24 months short term lease offered on 2011 Acura TSX?

Thanks~
    Hi chloetan. Acura definitely offers 24 month leases, but I don't think that is has 12 month leases.

Acura's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a base 2011 TSX are .00129 and 67%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • ez627ez627 Member Posts: 4
    Anyone know the April rates for a 2011 TSX base model for 12k/36months? Thanks.
    Hi ez627. Acura's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 Acura TSX with 12,000 miles per year are 00129 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • wallet45wallet45 Member Posts: 6
    Car_Man,
    Can you please provide the money factors and residuals for the following:

'10 TSX w/Tech and 12k miles per year for 36 months
    '11 TSX w/Tech and 12k miles per year for 36 months
    '11 TSX V6 w/Tech and 12k miles per year for 36 months

Thanks in advance for the help!
  • plyr611plyr611 Member Posts: 1
    Hey Car_man,

I'm trying to make sense of the TSX lease special this month at $350/mo with nothing down. Do you know if this special includes a required dealer contribution or whether the bonus cash is already included in the advertised price?

Thank you!
  • jossh417jossh417 Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking at the 2011 TSX Base. The dealer wants $1,650 down $353/mth 36mths 12k. What do you think?
    I would suggest you get the sales price of the car (yes, you are getting a lease but there is still a sales price). Then compare that sales price to what truecar.com shows for your area.
    Here you go wallet45.

Acura's April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 4-cylinder TSX Tech with 12,000 miles per year are .00129 and 59%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical '11 TSX V6 Tech are .00091 and 55%.

The numbers for an '10 4-cylinder TSX Tech are .00190 and 52%.

When negotiating your deal, make sure to take advantage of the $750 dealer cash that is available on the '11 TSX 4-cylinder, $1,000 on the '11 TSX V6, and $1,250 on the '10 TSX 4-cylinder.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey plyr611. Manufacturers' advertised leases usually to include some sort of dealer discount...however savvy consumers who are in areas that have a decent level of competition are usually able to beat these deals. If I was in the market for a 2011 TSX, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus the available dealer cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • airecken1airecken1 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,

Whats the money factor and residual for a TSX Sportswagon 15k 36 months?

Thanks,
  • paulvppaulvp Member Posts: 8
    Is this a good deal .
    Dealer wants 2500 total out of pocket for 389
    2011 tsx tech 4 cyl 10k miles
    389 x 36 mon +2500
    includes 1st month down
    I would greatly appreciate for feedbacks .

Thanks in advance ,
    paul
    Doesn't really sound good to me. But you should find out the sales price and check that against truecar.com in your area.
  • htram516htram516 Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2011
    I'm wondering if Acura's new lease special is negotiable? I'm looking for the base model tsx and here is their current offer:

$289 a mo for 36 months
    10k miles a year
    $2499 due at signing (first month + cap cost reduction of $2210)

Think I would be able to go in there and get it at $289 a month with 0 down? I'm not sure how negotiable these offers are when they come out.........

Thanks
    Hi airecken1. Through May 2nd, Acura's buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TSX Sportwagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00129 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

As I mentioned, this program is only good through the end of today. Acura is scheduled to introduce its new May numbers some time tomorrow. Let me know if you're interested in an update.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi htram516. If this is Acura's official advertised payment for this car then yes you probably do have a little room to negotiate. Most manufacturers advertised leases leave a little meat on the bone so to speak. It makes sense if you think about it. Dealers would be pretty annoyed if the manufacturer that they were associated with advertised the thinnest possible deal on a vehicle.

Savvy consumers who are in an area that has a decent amount of competition are usually able to beat these deals by lowering a lower selling price than what they were based on.

Car_man
    Host
  • deek1680deek1680 Member Posts: 2
    I got a 2010 Base TSX from pohanka acura here in VA.

O down
    O first month payment
    $319 a month for 35 months
    12k a month milage
  • kacey007kacey007 Member Posts: 3
    Car Man,

Are there any lease deals and/or rebate incentives for the month of May for the 2011 Acura TSX with Tech Package? I'm totally clueless of what I should ask for in a 15K, 36 month lease. What would be a good car payment range with great credit?
  • ahashmiahashmi Member Posts: 141
    Car_man,

I was looking to know if you have MF and Residual on a 2011 TSX base with 12k mi/yr and 36 months, please let me know soon!

I know they suspended orders on TSX for Jun and Jul, which is when my current lease is ending, so I need to know what to do =/
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    Honda pulled all the incentives for Japanese made cars (TSX, RL) due to upcoming shortages. It'll be tough to get a deal for the next few months.
  • areyes1010areyes1010 Member Posts: 20
    I am an avid fan of Acura's cars and have been leasing for a number of years. Presently I have a 2009 TSX fully loaded which is at the end of it's lease. I am interested in leasing another however, the prices have jumped over $100 per month in the last week.

What is the current money factor and residual for a fully loaded 2011 TSX, 36 months, 15k miles per year for Bergen County, NJ? No money down except first month's payment. I would like to roll in the taxes, doc fee, bank fee of $595, etc.
    Thanx,
    Hi kacey007. Unfortunately, the production problems that were cause by the tragic quake in Japan have caused a number of Acura vehicles to become supply constrained. As a result, Acura has pulled the plug on its incentives on the TSX.

You can still lease a TSX, but in order to do so you will have to use Acura's standard lease program. If you provide me with the MSRP and approximate selling price (or at least the dealer invoice price) of the car that you're interested in I would be happy to work up a sample payment on it for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Here you go ahashmi. Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 Base TSX with 12,000 miles per year are .00190 and 62%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi areyes1010. Unfortunately, it is going to be much more expensive to lease most vehicles this summer, particularly Japanese ones.

Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TSX V6 Tech with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Thank you for the info however, I was interested in the MF & Residual for the 4cyl not the 6. More importantly, I am concerned about your comment regarding leasing being more expensive this summer. I can appreciate the Japanese cars, but why would other manufacturers be affected?
    Hi areyes1010. While it's difficult to predict exactly what will happen this summer with incentives, theoretically it's possible that non-Japanese automakers won't feel the pressure to crank up their incentives to compete with the Japanese companies. Furthermore, its possible that even non-Japanese manufacturers will face some supply constraints if they use some Japanese suppliers for parts. Again, this is just speculation but I can tell you that the incentives that are out there today are definitely lower than they were a couple of months ago.

Acura's May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TSX 4-cylinder with 15,000 miles per year are .00190 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi Car_Man,
    What is the June money factor and residual Lease Rates for 2011 Acura TSX w/ Tech Package @ 15k miles for 36 months? I would qualify for the super preferred credit tier.
    Also, are there any Incentives that can be passed on for 2011 TSX w/ Tech Package.
    Here's the information that you're looking for, areyes1010.

Acura's June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TSX Tech 4-cylinder with 15,000 miles per year are .00151 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • amandasfamandasf Member Posts: 34
    I was in the Acura dealer getting a service and I wondered over to the new car showroom. I started talking to a sales associate and next thing I know he was emailing me with a new lease deal on a 2011.

I have a 2010 TSX Base/automatic with 12k miles on it. I have 14 months left on my lease, and pay $374 a month which includes the FL usage tax of 6% per month. I have 10k miles per year, and it was originally a 36 month lease.

I told the sales associate that I would ONLY be interested if I could walk out of the dealer with no $$ down and the same exact payment per month. Well, he was able to make me that deal with only 1st months payment due at signing (my current payment is due on Friday, so this is not a big deal). It's the same lease conditions but on a 2011 TSX base/auto- 36 months 10k miles.

Should I do it?
    Not a bad deal considering the shortage of this model and their swallowing your payments too.

If you like the car, then I think its good. But I would say push one step harder and either ask them to give you 12k mi/yr, or swallow the first month payment.
    I am not sure they are swallowing my payments. They want my current car. It's a 2010 with less than 12k miles on it. My lease payoff is $23,800 and the KBB on the car is at least $25 and similar are selling for $28k.
  • biker4biker4 Member Posts: 746
    The resale values on used cars with good gas mileage has been really high - hence the offer. Seems like a no brainer to me - take the deal.
    I found out that the dealer is going to be paying off my current car.

I originally said no to the deal and he came back with an offer for $25 less than what I am paying now with only 1st month down, so I am going to do it.
    Good luck, sounds like a good deal :)
  • postytsxpostytsx Member Posts: 15
    Hi Car_man,

Wondering if you could tell me what the July Money-factor and Residual would be on a 2011 TSX Tech 6 speed, 12,000 miles per year. I'm pre qualified for Acura's best financing.

I currently have a 2009 TSX Tech 6 speed with 20,000 miles that I have to return back to the dealer in August. Is there anything I can do with my current car that might help me get a better deal on my next TSX?

Thanks,
    PostyTSX
    Hi PostyTSX. Acura's July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 TSX Tech V6 with 12,000 miles per year are .00092 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top aka "Super Preferred" credit tier.

Many dealers are definitely clamoring for trades right now. I know several people who have used the fact that they are returning a vehicle to make money that they then applied towards their next lease. There's no guarantee that you will be able to do this, but it's worth a shot.

Car_man
    Host