Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Audi A4 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    You're welcome, gsjiv. Thanks for the additional information. I neglected to mention that I need to know the exact model that you are getting as well. From the look of the prices that you mentioned, I'm guessing that you are considering getting an '06 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan without quattro with an automatic transmission. Correct me if I am wrong. The selling price that you were quoted looks good to me. You are being given an $1,800 discount on a car that has a spread of $2,400 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice prices. Audi just introduced its new July lease program yesterday. Its new buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of the aforementioned car with 10,000 miles per year are .00057 and 55%, respectively. Using this lease program, an MSRP of $32,035, and a selling price of $30,207, I estimate that this car's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $377.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    Hey golakers32. It is difficult to predict what manufacturers will do with their future incentives programs. If I was in your situation and had a lease that was scheduled to expire in September, I personally would wait until then to lease a new A4. Chances are that Audi's lease program for it then will not be significantly different than it is now, at least not enough to justify wasting the last few payments on your current car. This is just my opinion though, remember that it is difficult to predict what automakers will do with their future lease programs.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    Hi sgorelik. Audi just introduced its new July lease program yesterday. Its new buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of an '06 A4 2.0T Avant with 12,000 miles per year are .00082 and 55%, respectively. It is difficult for me to give you an idea of how good a deal this is without knowing this car's full MSRP. This number will show me how much of a discount you are being given on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    Greetings bellefax. Audi just introduced its new July lease program yesterday. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T quattro through its new program for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00062 and 55%, respectively. This car's 10,000 mile per year residual value would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    Welcome Lynn. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You need to find out what sort of selling price the lease payment that you were quoted is based upon. As you seem to already be aware, the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. You should be able to get an idea of how much you should pay for this car by visiting the following discussion: "Audi A4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    Hi nyaudime. Most manufacturers supplier purchase programs provide consumers with a set price for the car or truck that they are interested in instead of an additional discount off of any price that one is able to negotiate. The only manufacturer's program that I am aware of that does not offer a set price is BMW's. BMW just sends suppliers who purchase a vehicle a check for a certain amount, I believe $500 or $1,000 depending upon which model one gets. Since you are an Audi supplier, you should be able to find out the exact details of its program through your company or by contacting Audi directly.

The dealer that you are working with was telling you the truth about not being able to give you an idea of what the lease program will be like on your 2007 A4. Audi just published its new July lease program yesterday and the only '07 models that it has numbers for are the Q7 and RS4. I don't think that the dealer you are working with will be able to give you an idea of what your lease payment for an '07 A4 will be like until they begin to arrive at dealers and Audi publishes money factors and residuals for it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    Hi audilaudi. What was this car's selling price? I ask because it will show me how much of a discount you were given on your car and it will enable me to use Audi's actual lease program to calculate a payment that I can compare to the one that you received. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • Options
    rjlaerorjlaero Member Posts: 659
    Your local Audi dealer gets reimbursed from Audi on a supplier deal. To my knowledge, it's not 6% plus whatever you can negotiate. It's 6% total. 2007 A4's haven't arrived and there are no lease numbers yet. Expect them shortly in a matter of days.
  • Options
    socal79socal79 Member Posts: 4
    What is the current money factor and residual for an A4 2.0 Front Trak. 3 year 15k miles?
  • Options
    mhawkesmhawkes Member Posts: 3
    2006 Audi A4 2.0T FrontTrak, Automatic
    > QUARTZ Gray with Platinum leather
    > Sunroof Package
    > Premium Package
    > 17" wheels
    > MSRP: $34,035
    > Invoice: $31,929
    > Final Selling Price: $32,029

36 Month Lease
    > 15,000 miles per year
    > $3,000 total out of pocket
    > $425 monthly payment including tax

The residual for 15,000 miles is 52%. The money factor (at the buy rate!) is 0.00072.

Thoughts? I'm new to leasing and am really interested in the Audi A4. I just want to make sure I'm getting a good deal and not paying more than I should.
  • Options
    gsjivgsjiv Member Posts: 18
    mhawkes - you should be able to get selling price below invoice if you can walk away and really have the bargaining power - i would not do a nickle above invoice but this seems like a fair price in my mind - actually on second thought looks like a very solid deal for a great car w nice features

good luck and you will love the car
  • Options
    schaeflyschaefly Member Posts: 3
    I have a dealer who is realaly giving me a great deal
    a4 quatro AWD
    dolphin gray(cost 250.00 more than other colors)/platnium
    sunrf
    tech pack
    premium
    list is 38,035.00
    selling price is 36,186.00
    payment are 445.00
    I changed the interior I wanted so they had to get it from another dealer. They told me the car had an ad fee of 300.00 that they can not wave b/c it comes from Audi and is on any car made after April 2006. True??
    I am thinking of getting the car without the tech package and just installing the bluetooth aftermarket.
  • Options
    schaeflyschaefly Member Posts: 3
    It seems high to me.
    I got a price of 34,571 from MSRP of 36,260. Mine is for AWD and Dolphin Gray which is 250.00 more.
    My MF is 62! that is what they told me the current lease rate is.
    My payments are 445.00 for 12,000yr 36th
  • Options
    nyaudimenyaudime Member Posts: 8
    2007 A4 2.0T Auto
    Silver
    Premium
    Heated seats

MSRP: $35,085
    Selling price: $32,670

Residual 60%
    Money factor .000175
    36 months at 12K yr.

1st payment, total NY sales tax, security deposit, license fee = $2,200 total due
    Monthly payment = $433

Questions:

1. Should I pay the total NY sales tax upfront?
    2. Dealer mentioned I could split the security deposit, reducing $6 more off a month?
    3. Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    99civiccng99civiccng Member Posts: 9
    Hi Carman -

I've been reading the forums for a while now and know you're well respected. Can you tell me if Audi is doing anything "magical" on S4 leases in July - or, what the numbers are?

I'm looking at 36 months and 12k miles/year.

Thanks a lot!

-Eddie
  • Options
    mhawkesmhawkes Member Posts: 3
    Carman - do you have any thoughts on this lease offer? Is the Residual and MF on target?
  • Options
    ipip316ipip316 Member Posts: 8
    Hi nyaudime:

It looks like a very good deal! which dealer did u go to in NY? i am also interesting to lease a A4. btw, do u have to put andy money downpayment beside the $2200 total? is the $433 including tax as well?
    thank

ERIC
  • Options
    Here's the information that you;re looking for, socal79. If you were to lease a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan without quattro through Audi Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00057 and 52%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    conelsonconelson Member Posts: 2
    Carman - can you provide the residuals and money factors for the '07 A4 when you get that info?

I'm specifically interested in the 2.0TQ with manual transmission. Looking for 36 month lease at 12,000 miles/year.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Greetings mhawkes. The selling price that you were quoted for this A4 looks very good to me. The money factor is good as well, provided that you are having your car's security deposit waived. What does the $3,000 that is due at lease signing comprised of? I ask because consumers can and should lease any vehicle that they are interested in without making any sort of down payment. I always advise community members against making down payments on leases because if their leased vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered their down payment essentially disappears. The bottom line is that this looks like a good deal, but eliminate the down payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi gsjiv. Why do you say that mhawkes should be able to lease this car for less than dealer invoice? Audi is not currently providing any cash incentives on leases of the 2006 A4. As a result, the price that mhawkes was quoted, a hundred or two over dealer invoice, is a very good deal. I personally would lease a car at this price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi schaefly. I always advise consumers who are concerned about the little fees that dealers try to tack on to deals to focus on the big picture. The bottom line is that you want to drive off in the car that you are interested in for as little money as possible. Shop around and get out-the-door price quotes for the car that you are interested in from a couple of dealers in your area. The out-the-door quotes will keep dealers from clouding things by quoting you a low price and then trying to tack on all sorts of little fees later on. Once you have a couple of out-the-door price quotes, go with the dealer that offers you the best overall deal, provided you feel comfortable with them. Afterall, it doesn't really matter how your car's price breaks down as long as you are paying as little as possible to get it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi nyaudime. If possible, I personally would rather roll my vehicle's sales tax into its monthly payment rather than pay it at lease signing. By doing so, you protect yourself from having paid all of the taxes that are due on your car and then having it totaled in an accident or stolen.

I'm not sure what your dealer meant when they said you could "split" the security deposit. Consumers who lease new vehicles through Audi Financial Services either have to pay a security deposit that is equivalent to their vehicle's monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment at lease signing or have it waived in exchange for an increase of .00015 in the money factor that is used to calculate their vehicle's monthly payment.

A base 2007 Audi A4 without quattro but with an automatic transmission has a spread of around $2,225 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice price. You are being given a discount of $2,415 on the specific car that you are interested in. I personally feel that this is a very reasonable price. Make sure to stop by the following discussion for more information on how much you should pay for this car: "Audi A4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Thanks Eddie. While Audi is currently providing lease support on the 2006 S4 this month, I would hardly call its current program magical. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 S4 Sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00215 and 55%, respectively. If you decide to finance or lease this car through an independent bank or pay cash for it instead of lease it through AFS, make sure to take advantage off the $3,000 dealer cash that Audi is currently providing on it. This cash incentive is not compatible with the aforementioned lease program though.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Here's the info that you're looking for, conelson. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro with 12,000 miles per year are .00175 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    desertfox1desertfox1 Member Posts: 80
    Carman,

I am considering an 07 A4 Cab, but I do not know enough about leasing vs buying.

Is there an earlier message that you may have posted or other site that you can recommend) that can explain all the terms and their usage about leasing so I can better understand the various posts and answers here? i.e - money factor, residual, etc.

Thanks
  • Options
    phaedrus76phaedrus76 Member Posts: 3
    Carman, first, thank you for maintaining this and all the other boards. What a great resource.

I'm looking at the below car and wanted to see what you thought of the deal. Also, what would be the residual and money factor for this car on a 3yr 36k mile lease?

Finally, the price below is what I got before mentioning a lease. When I did, the dealer told me "Audi will not let me use their cash and their sub-vented lease program together." What does this mean? Thanks.

2006 AUDI A4 2.0T QUATTRO 6AT

SILVER METALLIC WITH EBONY INTERIOR

OPTIONS:
    SUNROOF PACKAGE
    PREMIUM PACKAGE
    AUDIO PACKAGE
    TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE
    S-LINE PACKAGE
    TITANIUM PACKAGE

MSRP: $42,260.00
    INVOICE: $39,783.63
    SALE PRICE: $39,799.00

plus $199.50 doc fee
    TOTAL: $39,998.50
  • Options
    joshdjoshd Member Posts: 1
    I went ahead and bought a 2006 A4 2.0T quattro today.

MSRP was around $41.7K (tech, sunroof, audio, sport, wood). Sales price was $38.8K They claimed this was invoice, but I need to double check ...

The lease deal for 36 months and 15K miles was 3.88% with 52% residual. I'm now wondering if this is correct or if the interest was inflated? I can't find a post for the July lease rates on a 2006 2.0T quattro ...

I folded absolutely everything in and paid only the first month down, which came to $632/month.
  • Options
    101audi101audi Member Posts: 5
    2007 A4 2.0 CVT

Convenience Package
    S-Line (2007 model come with Premium Pack & Sunroof)
    Titanium Package

Cap Cost $35236.61
    Residual $25,872

Lease $950 drive off(without fee), 15 K miles per year 24 months.
    Payments 500/month including tax
    Is this a good deal?
    So California
  • Options
    mrfoxy76mrfoxy76 Member Posts: 2
    does anyone happen to know the actual

money factor/res for

Audi 2,0t auto advant

audi 2,0 auto quattro

also what should i expect to pay over invoice? was quoted horrible price of $1000 under MSRP

just so i have an idea of realistic lease cost

thx Marc
  • Options
    audia4leaseaudia4lease Member Posts: 1
    Hi Car_Man

I recently leased a 2007 Audi and I wanted to get your take on whether or not the deal was a good one.

Here are the details:

Audi A4 2.0L (Front Wheel Drive, not Quattro)
    Fully loaded (Navigation, bluetooth, all leather, sunroof…everything but the seat warmers and 18” wheels)
    12,000 miles/year
    Roughly $38,350 MSRP
    Money Factor: .00187
    Residual (3 year lease): 59%
    Cap cost reduction: $500.00
    Payments: $450.00 per month (includes tax)

What do you think?
  • Options
    jrummijrummi Member Posts: 5
    What is the current deal on the leftover 06's? Is it worth it to just lease an 07?
  • Options
    tborahtborah Member Posts: 3
    CARMAN...CAN YOU LET ME KNOW THE RATE AND RESIDUAL FOR A 2007 A4, QUATTRO, S-LINE, STICK, 15K, 36 MONTHS...WHAT IS A GOOD DEAL ON THAT CAR...THANKS...TB
  • Options
    smithers1234smithers1234 Member Posts: 3
    Yes, I would like to know too! The dealer is trying to sell me a 2006 but I want a "steal of a deal" on a lease.
  • Options
    taitandotaitando Member Posts: 17
    Hi Carman, first of all, thank you for the service you provide. It's very much appreciated.

As to my question, I searched but couldn't find the MF & Residual for an '06 A4 2.0T S-line Quattro. Here's what I was quoted:

'06 A4 2.0T S-line Quattro (6 spd manual)
    Dolphin Gray w/ sunshades, Premium, sunroof, tech, cold weather, titanium, and s-line package.
    MSRP $40,735
    Cap Cost $38,663
    36 mos. lease at 15k miles/year
    MF (Money Factor) .00095 or 2.28%
    52% Residual $21,182 at lease end.
    Monthly is at about $588 with total drive off at $900 something (don't remember for sure).

Is the money factor correct? I thought it was supposed to be in the .0006 range. The salesman stated the standard MF is supposed to be about 3%. Saleman also said the .00095 quoted was achieved by using the dealer lease incentive to pay down the MF. I'm not sure if I believe him. Should I bite on this deal? I'd appreciate your take. Thanks.

P.S. My credit is great and I have no security deposit.
  • Options
    vshasta21vshasta21 Member Posts: 1
    Hello Everyone. This is my 1st post! I hope someone will be able to help me out.

I am looking at a 06 or 07 Audi A4 2.0T. Some of the options I am looking for are the premium and tech package (maybe the navigation if I can afford it). I am willing to pay 3000 down but I want to keep my montly payments below 450.00. Can anyone give me some price breakdowns and whether this is possible. I am looking for a 36 month/12k per year lease.

Thanks

PS. I have excellent credit history.
  • Options
    Greetings desertfox1. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment. Once you have checked these articles out, stop back and I will be more than happy to answer any specific questions that you have. Enjoy :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    You're very welcome, phaedrus76. I'm glad that you enjoy this forum so much. Here's the information that you're looking for. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2006 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro and 12,000 miles per year are .00062 and 55%, respectively. What the dealer told you about Audi's cash incentives and its special lease program not being compatible is correct. Audi is currently providing $2,000 dealer cash on '06 A4 Sedan 2.0T models. The dealer that quoted you the above selling price probably took this cash into account when offering you the deal. If you opt to lease, they can't use the dealer cash and will probably have to charge you more for the car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi 101audi. What is this car's full MSRP? This number is important because it will show me how much of a discount you were given on your car and it will enable me to use Audi's actual lease program to estimate what its monthly payment should be. Let me know and I will be happy to share my opinion with you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    taitandotaitando Member Posts: 17
    Follow up to my own post (#749). I was able to get the .00062MF and a 53% residual with monthly coming to $566.86 (tax included Sacramento, CA) and total drive off at $937.23 (nothing down, no cap reduction). I saved about $20 bucks from the initial quote, but that's extra gas money for me.

That's all folks, I'll post my buying experience on the other board too. Good luck to everyone else.
  • Options
    Hi Marc. This car's lease program varies depending upon how long you lease it for and its mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Audi Financial Services' current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year buy rate lease money factor and residual value for the 2007 A4 2.0T Avant are .00175 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '07 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro are .00175 and 58%. I am personally not all that familiar with how much these vehicles are selling for right now, I would guess that if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition you would be able to get them for $500 to $750 over invoice. Again though that is just an educated guess. You should stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar models recently: "Audi A4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Congratulations on your new car, audia4lease. I would be happy to share my thoughts on your deal with you. It would be a big help though if you would provide us with your car's selling price. This number will show me how much of a discount you were given on it and will enable me to use Audi Financial Services' actual lease program to estimate what your lease payment should be. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hello jrummi. Audi is providing 2.9% to 4.9% financing or $2,000 to $3,000 dealer cash or a special lease program on the 2006 A4 right now. If you want to lease I would be happy to compare what the monthly payments should be like for a 2007 A4 and a 2006 A4 for you. Just tell me exactly which models you want and provide me with their MSRPs and approximate selling prices.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi tborah. I am sorry to say that I have not seen Audi's lease program for the S-Line model recently. If I am not mistaken Audi Financial Services makes some sort of residual value adjustment to its vehicles' normal lease program for models that are equipped with the S-Line package. I do not know the exact impact that it has though. Sorry that I could not be more help.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    You're very welcome, taitando. Audi Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2006 A4 2.0T Sedan with quattro is .00062. I am not sure what impact the addition of the S-Line package has on this car's lease program though. I suspect that it affects its residual values, but not its money factor but I am not absolutely positive that is the case. I do not believe that Audi is currently providing any sort of lease cash on this car. If I was in the market for this car, I would get another price quote or two, making note of the money factor that the other dealers are using. There is a chance that the dealer you are currently working with is marking your car's buy rate money factor up to add additional back-end profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Welcome vshasta21! You should be able to get an idea of what sort of selling prices to expect on these cars by visiting the following discussion: "Audi A4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Once you have an idea of their approximate selling prices and MSRPs, let me know and I will be happy to use Audi Financial Services' current lease program to estimate what your monthly payments should be.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    bdog34bdog34 Member Posts: 1
    Hi CarMan! Can you let me know the following for a 2007 Audi A4 2.0 (not quatro)?.

Term: 48 months
    Miles p/year: 15000

can you tell me the residual and money factor???

Are there any rebates or money back programs right now?
  • Options
    101audi101audi Member Posts: 5
    The MSRP is $36000.
    Thankyou.
  • Options
    wvu1003wvu1003 Member Posts: 8
    I just today got a lease quote on an 07 A4 s-line. MF was .00175, residual at 24 mos at 72%. Salesman indicated that S-line subtracts 2% residual over non s-line models. 36 months lease on s-line A4 was at 58% instead of 60% for the A4 without.
  • Options
    wvu1003wvu1003 Member Posts: 8
    what a great resource. First time attempting to lease, and I'd like to get an opinion on this offer I received today.

07 A4 quattro manual
    s-line
    Other options making it:

MSRP: $38,310
    selling price: 37,100 (including audi care)
    Acquisition: 575
    Adj. Cap Cost: $35,750
    sales tax: $1,127.97
    Other fees: $511

MF: .00175
    Residual: 72%

24 mo. lease, 12K/year

Payment at $451.11 with amount due at start of $4,015.08

This seems a bit high, with all that money up front.I was thinking It would be in the 415-433 range, base on another lease offer I saw here on an 07 A4 w/o s-line.

Opinions?? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.