Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

BMW 3-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    aj23aj23 Member Posts: 4
    I'm not confused anymore, I got a great deal on the 335i coupe 2500 of sticker. $550 a month with 2500 down for a $46,000 dollar car, not bad. So shop around and you will get the best deal. Never settle for one offer.
  • Options
    trusaleen1trusaleen1 Member Posts: 98
    I want to get some numbers for a 335i Coupe

Im looking for Black with Black Leatherette, 6-speed manual and Sport package. This is for 12,000 a year lease. Im open to either 24 or 36 months depending on the best deal

On Edmunds it states MSRP is $42,645 and Invoice is $39310

I have about $1000 equity in a trade and want to put down $1500 cash.

I would love to be at under $500 for the payment plus tax. Is this possible?

what residual (63?) and money factor (.00175?) is a good deal and whats and whats a ball park price price. Also what other dealer fees are reasonable in regards to training, bank, and security fees? I live in CA tax rate is 8.25%.
  • Options
    trusaleen1trusaleen1 Member Posts: 98
    Great Aj23, what was your money rate, residual, fees etc. Where are you located?
  • Options
    djzhudjzhu Member Posts: 12
    Hello,

I am completely new to car buying and leasing. I am looking to get the 335i sedan, 36 months, 10k. It has the premium, sports, and automatic transmission with paddle shifters. Here's what the dealership sent me, it looks pretty off. Please advise.

MSRP: 45,300
    Residual: 64%
    Cap Cost: 44,890
    MF: 0.00215
    Adjusted Cap Cost: 45,825
    Base Monthly Rental: 628.44
    Amount Due at Start: 1,613.51
    Total Monthly Payment: 686.26

I am in Washington. These numbers are probably funny to some of you but please help. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks.
  • Options
    aj23aj23 Member Posts: 4
    My money factor was .00185, the residual was 58% and the only fees I paid were my first months payment, security deposit equal to first payment and transfer fees. I live in Illinois and in the county I'm in the tax is 7% but I only pay on the difference of my trade. I did include my trade in the deal which means I put $3000 down + the fees mentioned above for a total of $4300. But they did give me a thousand more than my trade was worth so I'm cool with it. You can never be sure you're getting a good deal or not, but if you shop around, at least you can choose who gives you the lowest price by comparing the same factors at more than 3 dealerships.
  • Options
    eagleeye3eagleeye3 Member Posts: 44
    Wow. That might be the worst deal I've ever seen - at least in quite a awhile. I ordered a 335I last month in SoCal for 1K over invoice (about $2100 under MSRP) - very similar config - I added the IPOD connection. The MF is marked up .0003 and it seems your acq fee is marked up the max $200. $410 under MSRP is a joke. The Wash market could be diff, but I doubt it's that much diff. My base rental for the exact same car, plus IPOD, is $555 and that includes MACO and the acq fee rolled into my cap cost. This is zero down mind you - my total drive off is $1,038 (1st pmt, registration, and $45 doc fee). I would run, no sprint, from this dealer.
  • Options
    djzhudjzhu Member Posts: 12
    hey, thanks for the input.

i realized the deal looked pretty bad but wow, that's truly absurd. i will definitely bring this up with the dealership when i go in again.
  • Options
    rqysrqys Member Posts: 3
    Hi,

I am new to lease process. I am in socal and looking to lease a 328i coupe. Do anyone know the buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW 328i with 15,000 miles per year are?

Thank you. =)

- rq
  • Options
    guy1974guy1974 Member Posts: 119
    Go to the following link :

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204149

This is in bimmerfest.com which is a BMW fan/owner site and they update monthly the current leasing information - buy rate and residuals.
    On this site you will also find other useful information regarding the cars and leasing in general.
  • Options
    rqysrqys Member Posts: 3
    Thank you guy1974. =)
  • Options
    cappy23cappy23 Member Posts: 1
    Its been 8yrs since I leased a car and want to know if this deal is no good? I ordered a BMW 335 Convertible from San Diego BMW and here is the deal the offered. I tried to negotiate a discount but since this a newer car, they wouldn't budge. My feeling is the Money Factor(APR) is a little high. Any ideas of what is should be with BMWFS, my credit is decent, score around 720. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

BMW 335i Convertible
    MSRP 49,100
    with Options: MSRP $54,675
    Acquisition Fee: 825
    Lic Fee: 404
    Doc Fee: 45
    Gross Cap Cost: 55,500

Cap Reduction: $28.85
    Net Cap Cost: $55,471

Residual %: .62
    Residual Amt: 33,898

Mileage: 10k

Money Factor: .00385(APR 9.24)

Mthly Payment: 1016.42(943+73tx)
  • Options
    mwlmd1mwlmd1 Member Posts: 5
    Couple questions.

1. I was offered 335i sedan 24 mo 10K lease with following terms: 2500 drive off. zero sec. MSRP $49775 Neg. price $48500
    MF .0023 resid unknown. pmt $637.55 (no sales tax where I live)
    Is this a reasonable offer? I have read MF of .00175 on this thread? I have also read Resid of 71% Is the resid a % of MSRP or negot. price?

2. I have plugged these numbers into lease calcs and have not been able to reproduce the pmt. terms.

Anyone have any thought?

The MSRP for this vehicle includes: sport, paddle, tip, prem, nav, comf access, cold, ipod, met paint (silver on black)

Thanks. ML
  • Options
    What is the current lowest MF for 335i sedan? Also, what is the residual value (in %) after 24mo 10K/mi year?

Thanks.

ML
  • Options
    liannellliannell Member Posts: 47
    Hi Carman, I haven't been to these boards in several years, I was thrilled to see you're still hosting this one!

Can you tell me the current money factor, residual, dealer acq fee, standard disposition fee and security deposit for a 2007 328i on a 36-month term with 15k miles per year?

Thanks,
    Lianne
  • Options
    guy1974guy1974 Member Posts: 119
    Hi, I am in the process of leasing a 328i for 36 months, 15K miles a year. My money factor is 0.00091 with the maximum number of security deposits), a 3.8% discount from MSRP (I am including comfort access, auto, sports, metallic), $795 acq fee and 61% residual. My monthly payment including NC state tax (3%) is $455. I am paying no cap reduction, just $4000 in security deposits, first months payments and $398 doc fee.
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Thanks guy1974 -- that's great info, helps a lot. If I understand the multiple security deposit deal correctly, each additional $500 deposit after the first one reduced the money factor by .00007. So if I only made the one regular security deposit, the equivalent money factor would be .0014, and that would equate to a monthly payment (using the rest of your deal structure) of around $485. Is that correct?
  • Options
    hadiahadia Member Posts: 2
    Hey guys I'm about to pull the trigger on my 335i sedan after calling and walking into about 5-10 dealerships.

Realize that the MONEY FACTOR on the 335i SEDAN is:
    .000175, If you do not get that money factor you are not getting the best deal and getting ripped off.

As well,it doesnt matter what market if its LA, NY, or some boonied city. If they don't give you .000175 you are being ripped!

Also, out of 10 dealerships perhaps 3 went to 1000 over invoice on the car. Next, I got a dealership finally to give me the buy rate (.000175) and 500 over invoice. You will notice your payment go down big time.

The biggest thing they say at these dealerships is this, we don't need to sell 335i's, we have no reason to, or the demand is high if you hear some BS like this, take your time and your money and walk out.

Before you ever start negotiating with these dealers walk in there tell them your credit is fast, 720+, and how much over invoice they'll give you and the money factor right off the bat. let them know you've test driven the car and you know what you want and your talking to dealerships. Sweeten it up by telling them down the street Blah Blah BMW gave you .000175 but 750 over invoice. Be a hustler. Get in there and work em boys.

To let you know, i've had every single number from a lease worksheet and the lease calculators dont calculate it really the same. There is about an error of give or take +/-20-50 dollars. Go in there and go right into the sales managers office, dont go to these loser high school diploma sales man.

Remember the 335i COUPE is a whole different money factor, but dont let them try to bring their high school econ understanding of supply and demand on you. The 335i has been out for over 9 months.

Good luck.
    -HA
  • Options
    strexcatstrexcat Member Posts: 2
    Hi Liannell

Who is your dealer in NC?
  • Options
    strexcatstrexcat Member Posts: 2
    Sounds like a good deal...Who is your dealer?
  • Options
    atreyaatreya Member Posts: 4
    I am about to pull the trigger on a 328i coupe (MSRP: $38,695), 12K, 36 months lease. Cap is $1,200 over invoice ($37,224), 60% residual, MF 0.00131 - $4,400 security deposit. Boils down to nothing down, $538 with tax per month - 9% sales tax in WA. Is this a fair deal?
  • Options
    dave7196dave7196 Member Posts: 2
    just came back from a Chicago area dealer and was offered this 39 month lease on a 328xi
    MSRP $42,675
    Selling price $40,675
    MF .0021
    RV 64%
    $4,000 total out of pocket
    $575.27/month

Is this a good deal? based on the selling price, the total out of pocket number seems high

what are other people able to lease this car at in the Chi area? what were your MF and res %?
    Thanks!
  • Options
    mybimmemybimme Member Posts: 1
    HI Iam in state of CA would like to know if this is ok deal.
    328 coupe
    comfort access, auto, sports, metallic, ipod, and pwr seats front
    $5000.00 drive off
    36month 15k ,
    460.00 month
    mf .00014
    msrp is 38,987

thanks
  • Options
    What lease term/miles did you negotiate and at what residual %? That seems to be the only missing variable to know if the deal is good or great. Also, what upfront "lease" origination fees did they quote you?

ML
  • Options
    ornaorna Member Posts: 1
    Its a basic 328i with power drivers seat and automatic. I am in south florida. Dealer wants $3500 down includes tax tags first month, dealer fee of $599, aquisition fee of $825. Monthly lease fee is $399 plus tax. What is the best deal i should ask for.
  • Options
    amy9amy9 Member Posts: 13
    I've spent hours reading these posts and have finally put together an offer. Before I present it to a few BMW dealers I've visited I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything and the offer looks reasonable. Thanks!!!

328xi
    36 month / 12K per year
    MSRP: $45,320
    Sell Price: $42,805 (1100 over invoice according to edmunds)
    Money Factor: .00190
    Residual: 63%
    My state sales tax is 5%
    Monthly Payment: $558.06
    Cash Due at signing: Acquisition fee $625; plates/document fee; security deposit of $600 and 1st months payment.

I appreciate any critiques on this offer! Thanks!
  • Options
    secretmodesecretmode Member Posts: 1
    I got this deal:

2007 328xi Sedan
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Package
    Automatic Transmission

24month lease 12000 miles/year

3900down + first month (380) + acqusition fee (825) + plates/document + 400deposit

380/month

everything does not include tax.

Please let me know if this deal is good or I am getting ripped off
  • Options
    rtclacrtclac Member Posts: 2
    I currently am at end of lease on a 2004 330cic convertible with 37k miles- am getting an offer to re-lease the car thru bmwfs for 3 yrs/10k miles for a payment about $40 LESS per month- they will CPO the car and take care of all its needs(tires, touch up if needed,etc) only out of pocket $$ is first month, motor vehicle and bank fee(about $1400)- what do you guys think?? need to pull trigger in 48 hrs!
    has anyone re-leased thru bmw? better than financing?
    thanks!
  • Options
    edusereduser Member Posts: 5
    328i, MSRP: 40,900
    Premium, Nav, Sirius, Heated Seats

24 months / 12k miles

0 cap cost reduction, 1900ish up front (1st, sec. deposit, bank fee, registration)

Payment: $505

I think its a great deal. As good or better as anything I've seen on here. Any opinions?
  • Options
    atreyaatreya Member Posts: 4
    It does sound like a great deal. Is that inclusive of tax? If so what is your tax? Also what is your MF and Cap? Are you doing any security deposits?
  • Options
    edusereduser Member Posts: 5
    It includes tax rolled into the payments. my cap was right around invoice, maybe a smidge above. MF came out to be 3.5% something like .00145. This came with automatic transmission as well. And I'm not doing any security deposits. Well, just the one that BMW requires of 500 or so.
  • Options
    ct1211ct1211 Member Posts: 56
    Hi guys, I am looking for the June 2007 Money factors and residual for 10K & a5K miles for the BMW 328 sedan and the 335 coupe (wife and I are both looking) Thanks so much for your help!! :shades:
  • Options
    Hi Strexcat, no dealer involved yet, I'm just researching right now.
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi arm_jan. BMW Financial Services' lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Its new June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 328i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00140 and 61%, respectively. For each additional security deposit that you make after the first BMW FS will reduce this money factor by .00007, up to a maximum of 7 extra deposits.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hello tml_22. BMW Financial Services' lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Its new June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 335i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 61%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Greetings kalablada. BMW Financial Services' lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what either of these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. Its new June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 328i Sport Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00240 and 60%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 328xi Sport Wagon are .00275 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi ikoln. The selling price that you were offered, $820 over invoice which is really more like $1,020 over once the acquisition fee mark-up is taken into account, isn't bad. Still, it never hurts to stop by the following discussion to compare the price that you were quoted to what others have paid for similar cars lately: "BMW 3-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". If you haven't finalized this deal yet, make sure that the dealer you are working with uses BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor of .00190 to calculate your car's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi Donna. A 24 month lease that only costs $14 per month more than a 36 month lease is a very good deal for such an expensive vehicle. The 24 month deal is probably more desirable, strictly looking at things in terms of the deal that you're getting. I personally like to lease for 36 to 39 months, but the difference in payment is usually more than $14. The enthusiasm for cars that I picked up on in your post leads me to believe that you probably would enjoy going with the shorter lease so that you can get something new sooner, but there's no wrong choice here.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi aj23. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Dealers always make their offers sound like incredible deals. In order to see if this is really a good deal you need to take a look at this car's selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Find out what this dealer is charging you for the 335i Coupe that you want. If it is an attractive price, then have the dealer calculate your monthly payment using BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor, which is currently .00185 for a 36 month lease of this car with a security deposit paid at lease signing.

I see that you are considering trading in your current Mercedes on this deal. There's nothing wrong with trading in when leasing, however it would be in your best interest to have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I always advise consumers against making large down payments when leasing because whose who make them risk losing them if their vehicle if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi imcharles. In my opinion, $3,800 over the dealer invoice price that is listed here at Edmunds.com (in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site) is too much to pay for this car. You should be able to do better than that by comparison shopping a little bit. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "BMW 3-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi trusaleen1. I see that you are considering making a $2,500 capitalized cost reduction on your lease. I always advise consumers against making down payments when leasing. The main reason that I do so is that they risk losing all or part of that money if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

Let's play with some numbers and see what sort of lease payment you should expect to pay for this car right now. You never mentioned what selling price you are being given on it, so for now I will assume that you can get it for $1,000 over invoice. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 BMW 335i Coupe that has an MSRP of $42,645 and a selling price of $40,310 through BMW FS right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $531. I used a money factor of .00185 and a residual value of 60% to arrive at this payment. With this deal, at lease signing you would have to pay your car's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to your payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment, BMW FS' $625 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Welcome djzhu. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

I just took a look at the deal that you were offered and it appears as though you are only being given a $400 discount on this car. You should be able to do better than that if you shop around a little bit. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "BMW 3-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Also, the money factor that you were quoted appears to be a little high. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2007 335i Sedan is only .00175 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing. Make sure that this is the money factor that is being used to calculate your car's payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    Since you seem to be onboard right now, can you check MF & residual for the 328 RWD Sports Wagon for 36/39 months & 15K per year?

Thanks.

I suspect the numbers will be quite a bit higher than the sedan. Any idea why?
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    Hi cappy23. I'm not surprised that the dealer that you are working with was not willing to discount the 335i Convertible that you are interested in. This is a brand new model that dealers are going to try to get as much as they can for right now. Not surprisingly, BMW is not currently providing any lease support on this car. As a result, if you were to lease one through BMW Financial Services right now, you will have to use its standard lease program. Its buy rate standard lease money factor varies by region, but it should probably be more like .00320 than the .00385 that you were quoted. It appears as though the dealer that you are working with is marking up your car's acquisition fee and money factor, in addition to charging you full MSRP. This might be what the market dictates for this model right now, but you might want to see if you can get the dealer to use the buy rate and $625 base acquisition fee. $1,016 per month is a lot to pay to lease a 3-Series Convertible when BMW is advertising a lease on the 7-Series for $1,049 per month right now. I know that it's not an apples to apples comparison because the advertised payment doesn't include sales tax and requires a $3,500 down payment, but still... :surprise:

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi mwlmd1. There's no sales tax where you live...I'm jealous :mad: . Let's take a look at the deal that you were offered. A base version of the 2007 BMW 335i Sedan has a spread of around $3,100 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. You are being given a discount of $1,275 on the specific car that you want, so there is definitely some room to play with. I don't know what the market is like for this car in your specific area, but it probably wouldn't hurt to comparison shop with another dealer or two to make sure that you are getting the best possible deal.

The money factor that you were quoted for this car is a little too high. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 24 month lease of a 2007 335i Sedan is only .00175 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing. Try to get the dealer that you are working with to use the buy rate to calculate your car's payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    By the way, mwlmd1, here's the information on BMW's current lease program for this model that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 335i Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00175 and 74%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Thanks Lianne :blush: . Welcome back. Here's the info that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 328i Sedan with 15,000 miles per year are .00140 and 61%, respectively. BMW FS charges an acquisition fee of $625 on every vehicle that is leases. I believe that it charges a $350 disposition fee to lessees who decide not to lease another vehicle from it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi atreya. $1,200 over dealer invoice sounds like a fair selling price for this car to me. Now let's take a look at the money factor that you were quoted. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2007 328i Coupe is .00140. The maximum number of additional security deposits allowed, seven, at a reduction of .00007 each would result in a .00049 reduction to the buy rate money factor. This would put it at .00091. As you can see, the money factor that you are being charged is way too high. Make sure it is more in line with the number that I mentioned before you agree to lease this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hello dave7196. A $2,000 discount on this car sounds reasonable to me. Still, you may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "BMW 3-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Its current (June) buy rate lease money factor is .00190. Make sure that this is the factor that the dealer you are working with uses to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi mybimme. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

For now I can tell you that the money factor that you were quoted is right in line with BMW Financial Services' buy rate for this model. This is a good thing because it means that the dealer that you are working with is not trying to mark your car's factor up to add hidden profit to your deal.

One other thing, I see that you are considering paying $5,000 at lease signing. I always advise consumers against making large down payments when leasing. Those who make them risk losing all or part of their money if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. It would be much safer not to make any capitalized cost reduction on your lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    Hi amy9. The selling price that you are shooting for, $1,100 over invoice, looks very reasonable to me. The money factor is correct, too. You would be getting a pretty good deal if you can find a dealer that is willing to accept this offer.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.