Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

BMW 3-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Hi spark. You should be able to get any dealer that you work with to cut you a check for your trade rather than using the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease. I personally wouldn't work with a dealer that wasn't willing to do this for me.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Options
    p1dallasp1dallas Member Posts: 11
    Here are the details:
    MSRP- 39,475 (includes premium package, Xenon, heated seats,Auto)
    Purchase Price: $37875
    Invoice-37,025- with MACO($350), Training, Floor Mats
    Profit margain- $850
    36 month term with 12k miles/year
    Residual 63%
    Money Factor: .0018 (4.32%)
    Inception Fee- $825

They refuse to lower my MF or Inception fee, should I walk and keep looking? I am in the dallas area so I may need to look outside Dallas to find a better deal?
  • Options
    lamplamp Member Posts: 20
    Hi Car Man, i think you can help me on this...thanks in advance!

I went to the dealer over the weekend, we test drove a 328 Coupe Convert. and it has a sticker price of $49.5
    we were looking for a 36mo 15k miles per year lease and was quoted $825 per month! The car sales told me there is no good program from BMW, so that the money factor for 3 series convert. is 0.00375, that is 9% interest rate!

Is this true? Do you know if there will be good programs coming out in august? becase the car salesman suggest us to put 1k none-refundable deposit to order a 328 convert. and he said hopefully by the time the car arrives in mid august there maybe a good lease program out for 3 series convertable.

Please help.

Thanks again!
  • Options
    directrpepdirectrpep Member Posts: 47
    Hi everyone,

Ok...new to leasing so i really need your help.

BMW 335i Sedan
    Jet Black, Sports Package, Premium Package, Dakota leather, Navigation, Sirius audio, etc etc.
    Window price $50k

This is what the sales guy is offering me:

DOWN PAYMENT: $6000 (they will pay for my honda about $3800)
    MONTHLY: $499 (includes taxes, etc)
    RESIDUAL: 64%
    LEASE TERM: 36 months
    MILEAGE: 10,000

Is this a good deal? Should i still be able to get the $499 WITHOUT the $6k down payment? Or should I have them only use the car as down payment and not give extra cash?

Thanks. Please let me know.
  • Options
    jaydeeohjaydeeoh Member Posts: 1
    Hello! I'm interested in a 328xi lease....I'm interested in getting a sense of what negotiating room I have. The dealer's opening terms:

328xi with automatic, heated seats & leather (a la carte -- no performance / cold weather / sport packages); black, non metallic paint

MSRP: 38,300
    "Sale"price: 37,430
    Invoice: 35,315

Tax Base: 6%
    Rate: .00190

Cap Cost $36,430 (1k reduction)
    lease 39 months
    10k miles/year
    Residual: 64% / $24,512
    Lease charge $115.79
    Monthly Dep $305.59
    Base Monthly: $421.38 ($459.30 with PA state tax)

Up front costs
    1st month payment $459.30
    Security Deposit $500
    bank fee $695
    tax bank fee $62.55
    Tags $120
    cash down $1000
    tax cash down $90
    total due @ signing $2926.85

I live in Suburban Philly with several BMW dealerships in my area.

What should I focus on negotiating-wise when I return to the dealership this Saturday?

Thanks in advance,
    Jeff
  • Options
    cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    a couple of weeks ago:

Since you seem to be onboard right now, can you check MF & residual for the 328 RWD Sports Wagon for 36/39 months & 15K per year?

Thanks.

I suspect the numbers will be quite a bit higher than the sedan. Any idea why?

The questions remain. I appreciate that you have to cycle among all the boards here to tell people how leases work. I'll be thankful for a response.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • Options
    m3coopm3coop Member Posts: 9
    Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. I am planning on leasing a 335 in Texas very soon. I understand that in Texas we pay sales tax on the entire price of the car, not just the monthly payments. My situation is this:
    I am planning on trading in my current car which has a value of about $28,000. If I were to PURCHASE the 335 I know that I would only pays sales tax on the difference between the purchase price of the 335 (say 45,000) and the value of my trade in (say 28,000). This yields a taxable amount of 17,000. My question is does the same logic apply to leasing? I would like to trade my car in for 28,000 and put little to no money down, only paying the intitial fees, etc., and get the remaining amount from the 28,000 back as a check from the dealer. Does the same tax benefit apply, i.e would I only be paying tax on the 17,000 or the price of the whole car? I hope that makes sense. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
  • Options
    txbmwfantxbmwfan Member Posts: 27
    The tax benefit absolutely applies as you described. And you are correct that you pay tax on the entire sales price of the car in Texas. We're unusually lucky in Texas that way ;) Leasing solely relates to the financing of the vehicle purchase (versus installment loan). The type of auto financing has nothing to do with, and has no impact on, taxes owed to the state on the vehicle purchase.

One other thing to think about. The lease transaction is technically a sale of the vehicle to the leasing company, which then leases the vehicle to you. The leasing company is actually responsible for the taxes to the state. They will always pass through the entire amount to you to pay at closing to cover it. If you buy the vehicle at the end of the lease, only then is it considered a sale titled in your name. You will be taxed again in full on the residual/buy-out price. In other words, you're double taxed.

If you want the lower lease type payments initially, but want to buy at lease end, you should consider the "Buyers Choice Program," which allows titling in your name and avoidance of double taxation.
  • Options
    sirkoondogsirkoondog Member Posts: 2
    currently live in nyc, but found out that I can put down multiple sec deps in NJ for a new 335i lease

Got quote over email and here are the details.

335i
    metallic paint
    AT
    Premium package ( might swap this option out )

Don't have the details of the quote, but here is what I got

$520.84/month TOP $5994.84 (multiple sec dep)
    $559.52/month TOP $2233.52 (single sec dep)

36month/10k

Going to go back and get a breakdown, What should I be expecting with the money factor? I priced a 328xi and it was set to .0019. Would the 335i be the same?

thanks
  • Options
    black00black00 Member Posts: 48
    MR. Host (or anybody else),
    Can you please post the current lease rates/terms (MF & residuals) for the 328i and 335i (Coupe and Sedan).
    I think I read back 500 posts, but could not get all the numbers together... 24-36 mo and 12-15K miles/yr.
  • Options
    idyllidyll Member Posts: 4
    I went to a local BMW dealer here in Sarasota, FL and was quoted $499 per month with $0 money down for a BMW 328i, and $399 with about $2k down. Is this a good deal?
  • Options
    idyllidyll Member Posts: 4
    Oh, by the way.. the $399.00 per mo. is with $2900.00 down.

Msrp $34,450.00 factor .00155
  • Options
    totowatotowa Member Posts: 14
    Hi Carman,
    First, I appreciate all you guys providing such a good information here.

I am getting two different offers from two different dealers. Since I decide to go with one in stock, both 328i come with different options but not much in difference. Both dealers used a current BMW lease MF/RV(0.00140/61%).

Dealer 1
    328i MSRP 36420(Inv 33585)
    Base Cap Cost: $34355
    Mo Pmt: $443.00 (Inc Tax)
    Up-front cost: 1st month 450 + Bank Fee 625 + Doc 249 + MV Fee 337 + Security Dep 500= 2161

Dealer 2
    328i MSRP 35425(Inv 32680)
    Base Cap Cost: $33425
    Mo. Pmt: 433.64 (inc Tax)
    Up-front cost: 2167 Total(He didn't itemized but he said Sec Dep was 450)

Despite of having $50 difference in security deposit, both dealers had same up-front cost. Do I have any room to lower up-front cost?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    guy1974guy1974 Member Posts: 119
    If you go to bimmerfest.com and look at the dealer questions forum at the top is the June figures. Around the 7th of each month the latest figures for all BMW cars/SUV's is listed. They cover 24, 36, 48 and 60 months and the simple calculation to convert from 15K to 12 or 10K a year mileage.
    Hope this helps.
  • Options
    The difference in upfront is only $6 and even with the small difference in the security deposit ($50) they could easily have a different doc fee or bank fee (acquisition fee which is $825 at most).This is all marginal. There is no way to really reduce your up front payment unless you want to waive your security deposit which increases the money factor by 0.0015 and therefore increases your monthly payment. The acquisition fee and doc fee are pretty much fixed unless your dealer rolls it all in your lease and then you pay interest on that - which will cost more over the term of your lease.
  • Options
    d9o9cd9o9c Member Posts: 4
    Car_Man,

Great info. I currently lease a 330xi through BMW Financial which expires in September.

I'm looking to get a 335xi sedan, jet black, with premium package, cold weather package, steptronic transmission, and rear parking sensor.

36 month lease, 12K miles a year, due at signing just security and 1st month. Car registered in New York.

got a quote for 44,415, residual 63%, money factor of .00275, with a monthly payment of 706 per month.

I noticed the money factor for the 335i on some of the posts were much lower. What is the money factor for the 335xi sedan?

Much obliged,
  • Options
    rasta2rasta2 Member Posts: 1
    Offered this by PA dealer

BMW 335i Sedan

MRSP 45,400 (invoice 41770)
    Ask price 43,775
    36 mos / 10K per year
    Money factor .00215
    Residual 29056
    Cash up front 2158 (Acq. fee 650;Sec. deposit 650; 1st pay 612; tags/fees approx 246)
    Monthly payment 612 (incl. 9% lease tax)

The sales guy says he can knock off a few dollars, but that's it. He said the Money factor was per BMW Financial, but looking at other posts it looks like it should be lower (.00175).

Any thoughts?

RV
  • Options
    I have copied this straight off Bimmerfest :

2007 BMW 335i Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 71% of MSRP – .00175 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 61% of MSRP – .00175 Base Rate
    48 Month – Residual 42% of MSRP – .00320 Base Rate
    60 Month – Residual 34% of MSRP – .00320 Base Rate

2007 BMW 335xi Sedan
    24 Month – Residual 71% of MSRP – .00275 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 61% of MSRP – .00275 Base Rate

So the 335xi has a higher money factor than the non all wheel drive version (same for 328i vs 328xi). The buy rate is the minimum that is charged and dealers can charge upto 0.0004 extra.
    The residuals quoted are for 15K miles a year.
  • Options
    megaphanimegaphani Member Posts: 4
    Hell ML,

335i sedan titan met with black. prem, sport, cold, paddle, step, CA, SAT
    MSRP $47700. Invoice $44065. Cap cost $45565. $625 aqu. $650 sec deposit. zero cap reduction. MF .00175 Resid 74% 24mo and 10K mi a year. pmt $605/mo

i am looking for the same exact car. can you let me know which dealership you got this deal from ?

thanks
    Phani
  • Options
    kocsi1kocsi1 Member Posts: 11
    Anyone here from Il? I'm lookin to lease a pretty simple 328i with met paint, AT, and heated seats. The dealer out in Schaumburg had what I wanted, except it had powerseats. He quoted me a price "special" at 1378 over invoice. Basing on what I've read, ppl's experiences with negoatiations there has been ppl getting their cars @ near invoice! So I offered barely above invoice, he said it was below invoice. I said no, then he said that doesn't include training and marketing fees, I said it's not for me to pay (but I guess it is?) and that it's already a 6% off of something. I said the profit margin is 8%, he says they don't take holdbacks (although earlier he said none are offered at all). Then he says "Well maybe you should find another dealer." Which more-or-less his way of saying "buzz off jerk". He seemed hesitant to find out the MF and other details. Should've been a sign. And this was the internet manager! Amazing!

Any tips on the manner you guys are approaching negotiations? Obviously this one didn't work out! :surprise: I figured he'd at least work up from my offer, but nothing! I wasn't trying to swindle the guy or I would've offered below invoice! geez!
  • Options
    Holy cow! that's awesome! read my post, I had the *exact* same MSRP and base cap cost (i.e. same car)! My salesman wasn't too nice when I tried to negotiate. Numbers I got
    MSRP 36420
    Invoice 33585+ MACO fee
    Their "special": 34963 (1378 over invoice excluding maco averaged in)
    0 down, security deposit of 550, 168 for plates and first mo payment.
    residual of 68%
    Mo pay: 527 (with tax)
    He didn't know the MF, but the RV was better at this dealer. However the monthly payment was waaay higher.
    In the end when i tried to bring down the CC, he told me to find another dealer. :(
  • Options
    :confuse: $2005 over invoice? They wouldn't bring it down any further?
  • Options
    atreyaatreya Member Posts: 4
    Hi Car_man,

Thanks to your advice I locked in on a good MF on my 328i coupe. Since I ordered my car, it should be arriving end of July or early August. And the MF at the time of signing counts, right? Do you know what buy rate MF is for a 328i coupe for the month of July?

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    mwlmd1mwlmd1 Member Posts: 5
    That was At Rasmussen in Portland, OR (no sales tax in Oregon).
  • Options
    Sorry he didn`t deal but very few people get just over invoice - realistically you are looking at $1000 over invoice as being a good deal. That is more than half way between MSRP and invoice.
    My experience was that the dealer was pretty upfront and came out close to $1000 over then got him down to that - pushing even further would have been hard going and just sour the whole thing, if not being completely fruitless.
  • Options
    beamer_searchbeamer_search Member Posts: 2
    Hi Car_man,
    Need your help. I am negotiating a lease for a 335i Coupe. Could you tell me the R and MF for July for a 36 month/ 15,000 miles lease. The dealer is saying that most dealerships in Northern California markup the MF by 0.0004. Is this true?
    Thank you.
  • Options
    alchemist25alchemist25 Member Posts: 5
    This is the deal i was offered from SF BMW

07 328i sedan with premium, metallic, steptronic and xenon
    MSRP $38,975
    Selling $37,000
    36/12k
    $1,200 total drive off
    $481 + tax

Internet salesperson claims money factor/apr is set at 1.9%
    Did anyone from the bay area get a better deal on vehicle with the same configurations? If this is not a good deal, what selling price/and or monthly should i be aiming for. Thanks
  • Options
    cucocuco Member Posts: 36
    Hi Carman,

First of all, thanks for your help. Three years ago I learned enough from your information in this forum to allow me to get a great lease on a Z4. I love that car. Now, that lease is ending next month.

I'm looking into a 2007 or 2008 335i Convertible. I was wondering if you have information on the Money Factor and the Residuals for 10k miles per year and either 24 or 36 months.

Also, does anyone know if $1000 over invoice is a good number for the cap cost to this car?

I'm looking in the NJ, PA area for dealers.

Thanks all.
  • Options
    328iguy328iguy Member Posts: 1
    I want a 2007 328i coupe with : metallic paint, premium sound, sports package, power seats, navigation, comfort access, ipod/usb, automatic. I went to the dealership today and they said the MF have increased since Jul 02 . Is this true? I assumed from reading these posts it would be 1.4. But the manager told me this was only for repeat customers. . ??? Also he was calclating off a 58% RV and a 1.7 MF . . . I know I would have to custom order this car but what kind of lease payment can I really expect? I want to lease 36 mo / 15k and put up to $2000 down . . .Please write back. . .
  • Options
    bluemoon32402bluemoon32402 Member Posts: 1
    my boyfriend and i just leased these two cars. here are the deals we got. let me know if you guys think these are deals. i have read through all of the posts and we are still not sure...

328xi
    39/10k
    $35,349 sold price
    $3049 due at signing (includes sec dep, etc and 2500 down)
    $379/mth total payments

335i
    30/15k
    $39,650 sold price
    $3000 due at signing (includes sec dep, etc and 2500 down)
    $445/mth
  • Options
    hebzhebz Member Posts: 9
    that's true 328iguy...i went thru same path and actually i went to dealer last month and got 0.0015 and 61%, but decided to wait more, but now that i went and called them, they are like this car is hot and has high demand...it's a rare car an you need to order it....MF is 0.0017 with 58% RV for 36mo....they are not reducing teh price,best you can get is 1500$ above invoice,and they don't care if you walk out,cuz they actually have nothing in stock to sell to u...but for sedan, u have much more room and it's negotiable..that's why i am leaning toward sedan now...coupe's market is not a stable and reliable market...:((
  • Options
    how bout this..is this a good deal..i already ordered the car

MSRP 40575
    selling price 38130
    2500 down(includ.everything)
    RV 74%/MF 0.00155
    437/mo(incl. tax)
  • Options
    john634john634 Member Posts: 3
    I am interested in buying a 335 coupe or convertible, anyone think I can get a MF of 0.0014 on either of these? Any insights on how much over invoice I should pay? Thanks.
  • Options
    moorparkbudmoorparkbud Member Posts: 1
    I'm just starting to look into leasing a 335 Convertible, I expect the sticker price to come in around $58000. If I put down $3000 cap reduction, 3 year lease w/15k, am I looking closer to $700 or $900? The dealer says these are leasing for about $900/mo and that seems so high compared to the figures I'm seeing here. Thanks for your help!
  • Options
    wildtingwildting Member Posts: 8
    Hi All:

I'm new to this message board and have a very specific question. I just wanted to find out what I should expect is a great price, good price or fair price in terms of leasing the following car:

2007 or 2008 BMW 328i Convertible
    Steptronic
    Cold Weather
    Parking Distance Control
    12K miles / year
    36 Month Lease
    0 Down (well, of course, I would assume first months payment).

Do I go to a dealership or these online guys that promise great lease rates or costco??? Please advise. Thanks for your help in advanced!!! I plan on buy this car ASAP and my credit score is excellent.
  • Options
    From the "ask a dealer" forum on Bimmerfest.com is a complete list of July's residual values and MF's. This is based on 15K a year. Add 2% to the residual for 12K a year.

2007 BMW 328i Convertible
    24 Month – Residual 71% of MSRP – .00325 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 60% of MSRP – .00325 Base Rate

BMW are not dealing on the MF for the E93 comapred to the E90 - they don`t need to sell so many.

Also I have heard that you would be doing well to get $1000 off MSRP. Hope this helps. I can run the numbers through my spreadsheet tonight, when I get home, if it helps.
  • Options
    Wow, THANKS! This forum is GREAT. I'd like to see the numbers that you run through your spreadsheet if possible.
  • Options
    Excluding tax and just using the specification you gave (so no metallic paint) I calculate a monthly payment of $752 if you paid MSRP ($46350 including delivery). Edmunds TMV is only $81 less for my zip code in NC. Assuming you could get $1000 of MSRP you would pay (before tax) $721 a month.
    For these calculations I have assumed the buy rate of 0.00325, you can get charged upto 0.0004 extra and I have assumed an acquisition fee of $625 which is the lowest possible, again they could charge upto $200 extra. So the figures above are if anything on the low side because for an in demand car I would expect them to inflate the acquisition fee and buy rate.

You can lower your MF by 0.0049 with 7 extra security deposits which would lower your payment by about $35 a month . Hope this helps and enjoy your BMW if you get one. I have just got a 328i sedan and am loving it.
  • Options
    THANKS! This definitely gives me some idea on what I should be paying!
  • Options
    beathardbeathard Member Posts: 2
    MSRP 40,695
    Price 39,695
    Trade Allowance 18,000
    Cash 3,615
    Term 36
    Mileage 15,000
    Payment 500
    Residual 24,824

Is this a reasonable deal?
  • Options
    fred003fred003 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at leasing a 2007 328i w/ automatic, metallic paint, and power/heated seats. I think i can negotiate the price down to $1000 over invoice, but i also understand you can negotiate the MF and Acquisition Fee. Currently the terms are .0018 (MF), 61% (resid 15k miles), and $825 (acquisition). The salesman said that they couldn't adjust the MF or Acq because that was set by BMW finance. Who else should i ask to talk to about lowering these figures? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    larkinmcfaddenlarkinmcfadden Member Posts: 2
    Ok..so I live in Spokane Washington and I want to lease for the first time....I am so glad I found this forum because I would have gotten taken on a lease so badly!!!! I am a young girl working on an MBA here and I am on my own for the leasing...my dad is traveling on business and can't make it here to haggle the dealers with me so please help if you can! Ok so I drive a 1999 Acura TL 3.2 right now. I like the car but has 125,000 miles on it now...I owe about six grand on it and it has been very well maintained, interior is immaculate. I was to either lease a new bmw or mercedes. I looked at mercedes c-class this afternoon and to be honest I wasn't that impressed so now I think I like the 328i or 328xi.....I live in Washington and I like to ski and this will be my only car, so is it much wiser to get the xi? That is all-wheel drive, correct? To be honest I am not that familiar with BMW and their packages but I want something as luxury as possible (has to have all the wood grain interior and sumptuous leather) I want an automatic that looks classy with tint and navigation...also must have bluetooth integrated (I'm assuming all the 2007 bmw come with this?) and also hook up for my IPOD and sirius radio. So please help if you can I have no clue about leasing as I have only bought....I read most of this forum but don't how to begin really...do you get to custom order your car? color and all the options you want? how long do they take to arrive? what is the best package for what i want? Most luxurious interior and that I can drive year round in washington? What does metallic paint mean? Is coupe much better than sedan (I like classy and roomy but still sporty). I want to trade in my acura that I have now...and can but money down if i have to but want to put down the least possible....I want my payments to be under 450 a month w/ tax included (8.6% here) and pmts closer to 400 if possible. My credit is about 710, does that qualify for BMW financial?....I don't mind driving to seattle to pick up my car if i can get a better deal there or somewhere else that isn't too far of a drive.....also what is good miles/yr to ask for? I am seeing 12k a year and that seems pretty reasonable? My parents live 4 hour drive away and i like to see them when I can....I don't know what the difference is between premium package, sport package, etc...I want to lease soon so I'm trying to figure out what to offer some dealers in an email...MF residual all that stuff I'm seeing on here that I really don't know what it is! Also is leasing the best option for me? I like nice cars, want a new car every few years...i don't mind budgeting in a car payment indefinitely if its affordable so the lower the payment the better for me....can you get into a lease like this with nothing out of pocket ever? I have the trade in i mentioned above, but still owe on it...anyway i know this is a million random questions but I need help getting started...anything is greatly appreciated!!!!!
  • Options
    larkinmcfaddenlarkinmcfadden Member Posts: 2
    Ok so I researched some more....what is the difference btw. Dakota leather and leatherette? Also I am seeing lease offers for a 328i sedan 2007 for around $370 a month...is this legitimate with a 710 credit score and how much down? Do these have options? Also what is the sport package do for you car? Change the look at all? One last question, has anyone here owned or lease a c-class mercedes? I am choosing between a 2007 c-class or 328i or 328xi or 328 coupe also all 2007...any input? And it's for a girl!
  • Options
    kp22kp22 Member Posts: 20
    Here are the terms of the lease that I just closed on a 2007 BMW 328xi with a New York dealership:

MSRP - $41,520
    Cap Cost - $40,420
    Sales Tax (7%) - $1,361.23
    Registration/Doc Fees - $175
    Acquisition Fee - $625
    Money Factor - .0019
    Residual Percentage - 64%
    Term - 39 months
    Mileage - 10,000/yr

Out of Pocket (Tax,1st Pmt,Reg/Doc Fees,Acq Fee) - $2,531.70
    Monthly Lease Payment - $485.87

If this is a bad deal, please let me know. I used two dealerships against each other and this was the best deal that was offered after a few back and forth negotiations.
  • Options
    it seems that u r prett new to world of leasing BMW...
    1. unlike other dealers, in BMW it's wither approved credit or not approved for BMw Financial services.if u r a cuurent BMW customer, u can use loyality factor.in u rcase,(which is similar to mine), u r approved for 0.0016 MF .so ur creadit score has nothing to do.
    2. the offer 370$ is with 4000$ down.so basically there is no offer!!!u go to dealer and most probably come out with 400$(depends on packages u choose) payment and almost 3000 down.up 2 u....
    3. If u r a bimmer fan, u won't like Mercedes...BMW 3 series i believe is much better for a young girl and more stylish than a c class.

good luck
  • Options
    trewquistrewquis Member Posts: 30
    Leatherette = vinyl (ugh!)
    Dakota leather = real leather
    Sport package = larger wheels, stiffer suspension on the sedan, and cool sports seats

Considering everything you want, you'll need the premium package (leather, bluetooth, etc.)

The i-pod connections and satellite radio will set you back $400 - $500 each.

Coupe costs slightly more, if you're interested in practicality and keeping the price down, go with the sedan.

If luxury is your primary deciding factor, go with the Benz, if you're more interested in how the car drives and the total package, go with the BMW. They sell twice as many 3 Series as C classes so most people seem to prefer the BMW.

Good luck.
  • Options
    furej1furej1 Member Posts: 2
    this forum looked very helpful so this is my 1st post...Went through internet site which connected me to an Illinois dealership... This is the COMPLETE (still unsigned) leasing agreement:

2007 335i Sedan RWD, 6MT

-cold weather pkg (gotta have it in Michigan)
    -Montego Blue metallic paint
    -Leather (Black Dakota)
    -BMW Assist + Bluetooth
    -36m/15k

MSRP:43,070
    Agreed value: 40,700
    ACQ/DOC FEE: +1,383 (high?)
    Sales Tax: +240
    Extr. fees: +20
    Gross Cap Cost:=42,343
    Cap Cost Reduction: -4,005 (gotta be only my down payment?)
    Residual Value: -26,272
    Depreciation: =12,067
    Rent Charge(?): +4,768
    Months: /36
    Monthly PMT: =467 + 26(tax) = 495

1st month payment: 495 (wasn't included in Cap Cost?)
    Cap. Cost Reduction: +4,005
    TOTAL Out of Pocket: 4,500 & Monthly: 495/month
    Good Deal? Better Money Value in August?
    Thank You...
  • Options
    I would see if you could do multiple security deposits (MSD's) - you can do upto 7 extra deposits (after the first deposit) and these would lower the money factor by 0.00049 and would save some money per month. You also get the MSD's back at the end of the lease so you haven`t lost the cash. If you calculate it out the rate of return on the MSD's is about 10% after tax, so a pretty good investment if you have the money.
    You didn`t list your money factor above so I cant work out how much the MSD's would save.
    Your acq/doc fee is high. The acq fee is between $625 and 825 and doc fees usually $400 in my experience. So $1100 would be "reasonable".
  • Options
    I don't know if you really want a BMW if you have no idea what they are like and just want a luxurious car with leather, tint etc. If luxury is most important to you get a Lexus or Acura - both are good brands for that.

If you want a BMW and will appreciate the total driving package (performance and handling, not just ride) then a 328xi is your best bet for Washington state but the xdrive (all wheel drive) costs around $2000 more than the regular RWD version.

My leased 328i with leather, sports package and a couple of other small items costs $466 for 36 months, 15K miles per year. but that is with the maximum security deposits (allowed up 8 in total) which reduces the money factor (interest).
  • Options
    coastal2coastal2 Member Posts: 11
    Hello carman..

This is the car:
    2007 335i sedan w/premium pkg, sport pkg, sirius radio, ipod adaptor, and some other extras...black with terra leather.
    The dealer has quoted this:

MSRP $48120.
    MF .00175
    Rv 61%

36month lease with 15K per year
    $2800 due at signing (includes tax, tags, bank fees and gap insurance and 1st months paymnet)
    $621.00 per month IS this a decent deal??

1.Should I not get the Gap insurance thru them...b/c seems a bit expensive?

2. Can I negoMSRP down about 3000? What is cap Cost?

3. If I want to lease only for 24 months how should I negotiate that?

4. How can I lower the payments (besides putting anymore down? The dealer is very eager to make a deal she keeps calling and asking me what I am trying to accomplish? How should I ask if I want the pymts to be lower??

This is my first time leasing a vehicle , very confusing.
    Also is the gap insurance more expensive from the dealer?
    My own insurance co.said they would give that coverage but there are exclusions..fire, theft, and flood. But the dealer said their Gap Ins covers everything. :confuse:
    Going to make the deal today so please advise asap. Thanks in Advance!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.