Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Car Buying Advice - "NEW" 2015 TDI lease question

hillestadkhillestadk Member Posts: 84
edited April 2017 in Volkswagen
Now that VW has gotten the go-ahead to start selling the remaining inventory of new TDI's that have been on dealers lots since 2015 they seem to be offering some great incentives. I was offered $5k off MSRP and 0% for 72 months OR $8500 off a lease. I'm trying to find if anyone has the current money factor and residual on these cars to calculate a one payment lease. I'm interested in both the Jetta and Golf numbers 24 or 36 months and 10 or 12k miles. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,336

Now that VW has gotten the go-ahead to start selling the remaining inventory of new TDI's that have been on dealers lots since 2015 they seem to be offering some great incentives. I was offered $5k off MSRP and 0% for 72 months OR $8500 off a lease. I'm trying to find if anyone has the current money factor and residual on these cars to calculate a one payment lease. I'm interested in both the Jetta and Golf numbers 24 or 36 months and 10 or 12k miles. Thanks in advance.

I believe that 24 months is the only term being offered on these 2015's.

And, the MF seems to vary by trim level.

My co-host @kyfdx has done a bit of research on this; I'm sure he'll be along shortly and fill in the blanks.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343

24 months is the only term offered.
    Don't have the residuals for Golf or Jetta.

Passat: 44% residual for 24/12
    Golf Wagon: 47% residual for 24/12

Money factor seems to vary by trim line.. on the Jetta wagon, I heard between .00034-.00105, depending on trim. Given the popularity of the diesels, I doubt any dealer is going to accept MSDs.

The numbers you mention are a customer incentive from VW. If that's the only thing you get off, then you are effectively paying MSRP (which may be the going rate).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator