Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Car Buying Advice - I am considering leasing a Honda accord hybrid 2017 and need feedback

Elliot UdellElliot Udell Member Posts: 83
edited April 2017 in Honda
I test drove it and it was fine. This month the lease per month on a hybrid is only 25 dollars more per month than the non hybrid. That is for me, one week of gas. Does it pay to go for the hybrid over a regular accord?

Answers

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,108
    elliotu said:

I test drove it and it was fine. This month the lease per month on a hybrid is only 25 dollars more per month than the non hybrid. That is for me, one week of gas. Does it pay to go for the hybrid over a regular accord?

The mileage would have to be 33% better on the Hybrid, for it to pay off from a fuel cost perspective.
    Other variables to consider:
    Insurance rates. Are they the same?
    Maintenance requirements. The same?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• I would like to know the lease numbers (residual, MF) for 2017 Accord Hybrid EX-L for 36/15K in Southern Cal. Thank you. 
    kara8154 said:

I would like to know the lease numbers (residual, MF) for 2017 Accord Hybrid EX-L for 36/15K in Southern Cal. Thank you. 

.00039 MF and 49% residual
    $1250 dealer cash + $2150 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• stark9182stark9182 Member Posts: 17
    Do you have the June lease numbers for the 2017 Accord Hybrid EX-L for 36/15K in NY? Any lease incentives?

Thank you.
    stark9182 said:

Do you have the June lease numbers for the 2017 Accord Hybrid EX-L for 36/15K in NY? Any lease incentives?

Thank you.

.00039 MF and 49% residual
    $1250 dealer cash + $2150 lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Elliot UdellElliot Udell Member Posts: 83
    could you explain what 1250 deal cash means and what 49%residual means and what 2150 lease cash means
    elliotu said:

could you explain what 1250 deal cash means and what 49%residual means and what 2150 lease cash means

Those are dealer incentives from Honda.

The residual percentage is applied to the MSRP to get the residual amount in dollars.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• csx1982csx1982 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Kyfdx, Do you have the current lease numbers for the 2017 Accord Hybrid touring for 36/15K in NY/NJ? Any lease incentives? Thanks.
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,282
    csx1982 said:

Hi Kyfdx, Do you have the current lease numbers for the 2017 Accord Hybrid touring for 36/15K in NY/NJ? Any lease incentives? Thanks.

.00039 and 44%
    $1750 dealer cash
    $2700 bonus lease cash

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• microdianmicrodian Member Posts: 1
    Good evening! Do you have the September residual and MF for the base model 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid in northeast Ohio (36 months / 12K per year ----or---- 36 months / 10K per year)? What about cash to dealer incentives or lease cash for September? Thank you so much!
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,282
    microdian said:

Good evening! Do you have the September residual and MF for the base model 2017 Honda Accord Hybrid in northeast Ohio (36 months / 12K per year ----or---- 36 months / 10K per year)? What about cash to dealer incentives or lease cash for September? Thank you so much!

.00039 and 49% for 36/12; no 10K allowance from Honda.
    $3950 lease incentives

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• zwang96zwang96 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, do you have the Nov numbers for both Accord Hybrid Ex-L and touring? Any incentives? This is for 36 mon / 12 k lease in PA. Thank you.
    zwang96 said:

Hi, do you have the Nov numbers for both Accord Hybrid Ex-L and touring? Any incentives? This is for 36 mon / 12 k lease in PA. Thank you.

.00039 MF
    $4750 incentive
    46%/45% residual for EXL/Touring

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rajivrrajivr Member Posts: 12
    Hi, do you have Jan numbers for Accrod Hybrid Touring; 36 month/12 or 15K lease in California?
    rajivr said:

Hi, do you have Jan numbers for Accrod Hybrid Touring; 36 month/12 or 15K lease in California?

.00039 MF
    43%/41% residual
    $5450 incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• rajivrrajivr Member Posts: 12
    They only quoted me 3700 lease incentive
    rajivr said:

They only quoted me 3700 lease incentive

The other $1750 is a Honda-to-dealer incentive

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    I've been out of this for so long I'm no longer up to date but I never saw a lease where a hybrid made more financial sense than a non hybrid. The don't really get THAT much better mileage for one thing!