Options

Infiniti G37 Lease Questions

Comments

• Options
    jcb123jcb123 Member Posts: 18
    Based on residiual and money factor info from post 2025 above + pricing at Edmunds.com -- can someone check my numbers?
    2008 G35x with premium package, splash guards, and including dest charge of $715, MSRP should be $37,265. Invoice is $34,216. Making some assumptions about what kind of deal I can make, but assuming for moment that I can split difference between invoice and MSRP, and use 12,000 miles/36 months, 60% residual and money factor of .00245 seems as if monthly payments are still around $575 to $600. Nothing down of course, only paying acquisition fee, 1st payment and TTL at delivery. Previous Infiniti leaser, so no security deposit required. Any help appreciated. Can't believe prices are so much higher - paying $476 for current 2004 G35x lease (39 months/15,000). :confuse:
  • Options
    dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Using $36,000 as selling price I came up with $521.90 not including tax with nothing rolled into the cap cost. Even if you could bargain down to $35,000 you would be at $491.67 not counting tax. More likely would be $36,750 which would be $544.57 per month plus taxes.

I don't have the x 39 month rates, but the residual would likely be 1 point higher and the rate may be the same or slightly higher and the net payment may be $10-20 less per month. In any case a lot higher than previous deals.

When is your current lease up? Either look for a left over 07 and get better rates, or go month to month until IFS comes across with better numbers.

Dennis
  • Options
    mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    voting along with you on this one.

The dealer here in CT seem to be trying though, latest quote on an 07', $300 over invoice, an 08' $1500 over. None have he sport option on the sedan.
  • Options
    drtraveldrtravel Member Posts: 395
    I'm not quite there yet but this is the first car I've ever leased and have never gone through the turn it end at the end of the lease ceremony yet. Does anyone have any experiences (good and bad) with Infiniti leases?
  • Options
    CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Member Posts: 38,514
    Congratulations on getting your new G35, ivanl3. Thanks for taking the time to stop back and share the details of your deal with everyone. Make sure hop over to the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others. Enjoy your new ride!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Options
    andreydandreyd Member Posts: 3
    carman,

do you have the residuals and money factors for the 07 models, i'm particularly interested in the G35X and Sport models for 36m/15K a year. thanks!
  • Options
    phantom5phantom5 Member Posts: 22
    Well all of a sudden three dealers contacted me today via email after a week of silence. They want me to come in. My first of two lease extension payment is due on Oct/16. My kids have fall break next week and I'm taking the family to cabo san lucas :P . I shall wait to see what November brings in the way of IFS support on leases but right now I'm starting to lean towards a BMW coupe. The BMW dealership here offered $1950 total out of pocket $497 out the door for 36 months 10K miles/year. This was a quote for an 07 coupe with Prem. Sport and sirius Sat. radio. These are better numbers than what Infiniti is offering. Good luck all.
  • Options
    96gator96gator Member Posts: 10
    This is a lease deal I got through the Internet department at a dealer. They are saying it is a blowout deal. Can someone let me know if this is a good deal? thanks

2007 G35 Journey with Premium, Navigation, Perf Wheel/Tire pkg, splash guards, and cargo net.

MSRP $37,815

Cap Cost $34,572.26 + $695 dealer fee = total cap $35,267.26

money factor .00219

Residual 56% or $21,176.40

$135.95 Cap cost reduction.

$481.13 + tax per month

$1,485.30 Total due at signing includes: $135.95 Cap reduction, $595 bank fee, $510 first payment w/tax, $66.50 Gov fees, $47.85 Tax, $130 License plate.
  • Options
    The invoice on that car is $34,519 so they are pricing it to you just over invoice, then hitting you with the highest dealer fee I have ever seen - $695. So your price is really $748.26 over invoice.

Is this a 39 month lease or some other term? I have seen 0.00219 shown as the 39 month MF for the left over cars so that MAY be the buy rate.

To be a blowout deal they would need to:

1) Discount the car so that the after adding the dealer fee the total is at or close to invoice.

2) Give you the buy rate on the lease - ask them if 0.00219 is the buy rate or have they marked it up

The deal is "decent" as they offered it to you, but paying $750 over invoice for a left over 07 in mid-October seems like too much to me.

Dennis
  • Options
    g35floodedg35flooded Member Posts: 44
    I paid around 800 less then invoice in september so that seems extremely high for an 07.
  • Options
    nole1nole1 Member Posts: 1
    Can someone tell me if this deal is reasonable? Seems pretty good to me:

G35X w/ premium and nav (+ cargo net and splash guards) 39 month/10K (I didn't come close to 10K/year on previous lease)

MSRP $39265 (according to edmunds and KBB)
    Invoice $35879 (same)
    Cap cost $38134 ($36382 + $1700 in NY taxes rolled in)
    Residual is #22381, which I calculate as 58% of total cap
    Money factor is .00198
    Monthly payment is $524 with first month, #595 bank fee, tags and $50 doc prep fee up front.

The dealer is also taking me out of my existing lease one month early, so saving $270 payment. The way I figure, with that savings I am $233 over invoice.
  • Options
    shollsholl Member Posts: 5
    Well these dealers in the washington DC area are annoying me. I just had a guy try to get me to believe that a 2007 G35 sport sedan 6MT with prem/nav was a great lease at $559/mon (36mon/15000mi) with $3500 down!!!

He tried to tell me that sales tax is an upfront cost on the ENTIRE cost on the vehicle. Is this true or am I correct in thinking that when leasing you are not taxed on the selling price of the vehicle because you are not buying the vehicle.
  • Options
    I'm thinking about this offer...

2007 G35 sport sedan auto
    prem/nav/tech/trunk net
    MSRP: $39,890
    Invoice (as listed by edmunds): $37,160

Starting Price as offered by dealer: $36,999
    15,000mi/yr
    39 months
    $567/mon with $1359 inceptions

How does this sound. And can I expect to drive the car off the lot for $1359 or will there be other "hidden" fees. I'm just going on what the dealer sent to me.

By the way, thanks Carman and others for your responses!
  • Options
    With a $50 doc fee and a net $233 over invoice that is a decent deal. I would think you could do a little better since they have 08 cars on the lot and more on the way. The residual is set by IFS and the dealer can't change it and the MF looks like it might the buy rate so probably no markup there. I have not seen the October 07 G numbers so I could not say for sure.

The only real gotcha is the "taking me out of my existing lease early". Is this also an IFS lease or some other car? In effect what they are doing is buying your car from you (the lease bank actually) for the current buyout - which is the residual stated in your contract plus the principle of any unpaid payments and some more interest. I would get all of this in writing that you will owe nothing at lease end for extra miles, wear and tear, and will NOT have to pay the next payment. I have heard many sad tales of those that were told "we will take care of that" and then get a bill from the lease bank for the payment(s) and/or miles and/or wear and tear items.

Dennis
  • Options
    sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    The tax thing depends on your area. Some places charge you the tax on the full car...other states are just for the lease term. However, even with the tax rolled in that still seems very high...especially with that much down.
  • Options
    He tried to tell me that sales tax is an upfront cost on the ENTIRE cost on the vehicle. Is this true or am I correct in thinking that when leasing you are not taxed on the selling price of the vehicle because you are not buying the vehicle.

In most states, sales tax is levied on the payment each month. In other states (e.g. NY) tax is levied on the sum of the payments and must be paid up front or rolled into the lease. Some states may tax the depreciation only - the difference between the selling price and the residual. In other states (e.g. Texas) sales tax is due on the entire "sell price" on the car.

One of the advantages of lease is not having to pay sales tax on the whole car. If you live in a state that charges full tax then you just end up paying more than others. Leasing can STILL be a better deal depending on the lease MF and residual.

Normally taxes are charges based on your state of residence. Do you live in the District or another state? Which one?

Some dealers boost the lease money factor for extra profit, some will try to boost the bank fee, but they can't change the residual and better not try to collect taxes and not pay them. The your dealer is either correct or perhaps confused.

Dennis
  • Options
    I am living in Maryland right now, and actually the dealer I visited was in Virginia. And the dealer there was absolutely positive that the tax (taken from the sale price of the car) was an upfront cost and would be part of the down payment. He made it sound like leasing and buying had the same tax procedures. Do all dealers just try to take advantage of people like that? I see no truth in what he was saying.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,801
    Maryland is 5% on the entire purchase price of the car... buy or lease..

In this case, the dealer is correct.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I am living in Maryland right now, and actually the dealer I visited was in Virginia. And the dealer there was absolutely positive that the tax (taken from the sale price of the car) was an upfront cost and would be part of the down payment. He made it sound like leasing and buying had the same tax procedures. Do all dealers just try to take advantage of people like that? I see no truth in what he was saying.

As kyfdx said, that is the law in the state of Maryland. So just like Texas, you have to pay sales tax on the whole cap cost (purchase price) of the car on a lease. The bad news is that it will cost you 5% of the residual amount more than it would if you lived elsewhere. So if you leased a $40k G with a 56% residual you would be paying $1,120 more tax than someone living in another state with the same tax rate.

So the dealer is correct. This would be something you should talk to your state representatives about fixing.

Dennis
  • Options
    Guys thanks for the replies. I may hold off for a little seeing as these prices have been less then favorable lately. Hopefully better lease deals are on the way...
  • Options
    bairesbaires Member Posts: 4
    Anybody knows how the tax works for DC residents? I'm also looking to lease a G35. Any tips on area dealers are welcome.
  • Options
    When I checked that (before they said they were in MD) I could not find that info. I would just ask a dealer. I can't imagine any of them would be dumb enough to lie to a customer and collect taxes they should not. Bad enough to lie to the consumer, the powers that be may not care. Mess with the taxes and they could find them selves in a world of pain.

Dennis
  • Options
    tf9901tf9901 Member Posts: 4
    Would any one offer any suggestions on what the dealer offered me?

2007 G35x with Nav & Premium $36140 to buy

Lease terms: 12k miles/yr, $3550 total due at signing and then $450/month (including New Jersey tax) for 39 months

Since it is my first getting a luxury car and doing a lease, is this a good deal? :confuse: Many thanks to your opinion in advance.
  • Options
    Invoice on an 07 x with nav, premium, splash guards, and cargo net (they all seem to have those last two PIOs on them) is $35,879. So your price is $261 over invoice, more if the car you picked really does not have the splash and net stuff. If this price includes any dealer doc or prep fees, then I would guess this is an OK price. There are no known dealer incentives to help get a lower price, but it IS October of the next model year so you would think they would price even lower.

As to the lease deal, NJ charges state tax (6%, I think) on the total of the monthly payments and has to be paid up front - either out of pocket of rolled into the lease. Find out from the dealer what the residual is on the lease and what money factor they are using for the lease. Also state the exact MSRP of the car you picked out. Then we can examine the numbers and see how the payment works out. To me, $450 a month is $3,500 due at signing sounds too high.

Dennis
  • Options
    Dennis,

Thanks so much for your help. Yes, the actual total due at signing is 4000 which will include first one month of lease. So, I will pay 450/month for 38 months.

Just called the dealer to confirm a few things you pointed out. The car does have both splash guards and cargo net. The residual is $21984, and money factor is 0.00199. Exact MSRP is $39265.

what do you think is a more reasonable lease term? If you need information, please let me know and I will call the dealer again. Thanks so much.
  • Options
    If you are paying $36,140 and the bank fee is $595, there may be (and probably are) other dealer charges and fees in there.

The residual you stated is not an even percentage of the MSRP, so I am guessing it should be $21,988.40 which is an even 56%.

If the take your $3,550 due at signing ($4k less the $450 payment) we have a net cap cost of $33,185 ($36,140 + $595 - $3,550). If I plug this number and the even 56% residual and the MF into a lease calc I get $396.89 per month for 39 months. I think NJ tax is 6% on the total of the payments, so 39 x $396.39 x .06 = $928.73 tax due. If I add this back into the lease I get $422.55 per month for 39 months.

To get the dealer's $450 per month I have to add in another $1,000 to the lease cap cost. I don't know what other fees or taxes or tags or title stuff they add in NJ, but it comes out to about $1,000 in my math. My guess is that some of these are legit fees and some are extra profit items for the dealer - like a high dealer "doc" fee, etc.

Ask them what the net cap cost on the lease is and a break down of all the fees since $1k is "missing" from what you have posted. I guess if the $1k is legit then the deal is OK, but I would guess that most of that missing money is extra profit for the dealer.

Dennis
  • Options
    Dennis,

Thanks for the in depth analysis of this deal. I called the dealer again to ask for the details in fees. So, here what I got,

Cap cost: $36079
    $4K due at signing includes:
    1. $450 first month payment
    2. $59 tax on doc and bank fee
    3. $449 doc fee
    4. $595 bank fee
    5. $342.30 motor vehicle fee
    6. $7.50 tire tax
    7. $1999 down payment
    8. the dealer added $120 to make a deal with me so that the month payment can come down about $10/month.

According to him, the New Jersey tax has changed to 7% from 6% about 18 months ago.

Could you please confirm whether this deal is ok? if so, is this leasing term still too high for the left over 07s and what would it be a more reasonable leasing price in your opinion? Thanks so much again!
  • Options
    96gator96gator Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone have residuals and money factors for 39 month 12K lease on a 2007 Journey?
  • Options
    gguy8gguy8 Member Posts: 29
    To Host or whoever else has an answer,

I live in northern New Jersey and was quoted the following for a lease on a 2008 G35x (Premium package, Navigation, Technology Package, Splash Guards, Cargo Mat, and Wood Trim) 39 months/15,000 miles per year.

MSRP: 41,025.00

Invoice: 37,319

Cap Cost: 39,890.13 (37,805.00 + NJ taxes rolled in of 1,490.13 + 595.00 acquisition fee)

Bank Residual: 56%

Money Factor: 0.002370

Monthly Payment: 582.73 $0 down (except 1166.73 for license, title , first monthly payment, etc.)

Please let me know if this is a good deal or if I should negotiate for a better one? Thanks.
  • Options
    He is correct, I searched and found that they raised the tax in 2006 to 7%.

I assume the "motor vehicle fee" is a legit NJ expense as is the tire fee?

The $449 doc fee is pure profit for the dealer.

With the tax at 7% the numbers line up.

Your price is $261 over invoice plus the (silly high) $449 doc fee, then the dealer is taking off $120 to get the payment down to $450 a month with tax.

$141 over invoice (the net of your price and the $120 extra) would be a good price if they they didn't stick that high doc fee onto the deal. If you could talk them out of the doc fee (unlikely) or have them discount the car that much (may be possible) or find a dealer who does not charge a doc fee and has an 07 you like (could be) then you would save over $12 a month on your payment.

The 08 model lease numbers are worse - a higher residual but a higher money factor as well. The third party lease bank numbers for the 07 cars is not as good as the IFS rate the dealer is giving you. There is no known dealer money on left over sedans. So, if you want this car then the only way to get a better lease would be to get the dealer to discount the car more, not charge the doc fee, or find a car you like someplace else for the same price w/o the fee.

Note than user gguy8 is being quoted a new 08 x for < $500 over invoice and maybe no doc fee - so your price for a left over 07 with the high doc fee seems a bit much. Your dealer should be more motivated to get rid of the 07, don't you think?

Dennis
  • Options
    Sounds like a 3rd party lease to me. The current IFS lease rates should have a higher residual and also a higher money factor. I would ask the dealer which lease bank this is with and I not IFS then ask for their rates so you can compare. IFS is generally more "friendly" with end of lease turn in at the dealer, maybe no turn in fee (check your contract to be sure), and maybe more forgiveness in small damage. But if the cost is more, then you have to go with the better deal if you want a car now.

I checked the numbers and I get $582.36 per month, which is close enough I guess.

You are getting the car for less than $500 over invoice for an 08, which is good. As long as there is not big doc fee hidden in the money you pay at signing then this could be as good as you can do RIGHT NOW.

The lease numbers from IFS are not very good now, so you could wait until new month or the new month or the next - until IFS gets hungrier to move cars and drops the rates to something like they have had in the past. It may be no drop in rates until the 07 sedans are all/mostly gone or until they have a lot on unsold 08s sitting on the lots. Of course, with a much better lease deal the dealers will have an easier time moving the cars so they may not be willing to discount them as much.

Dennis
  • Options
    Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your quick reply. When do you think would be the best time to actually do the lease? November? December? Basically, do you think it would be wise to wait for better rates, or it won't make much difference? Thanks.
  • Options
    Hi Dennis,

Just to let you know. The license, title, and doc fees total $584.00, and the estimated license/title fees due during lease term is $189.00. Since this is my first lease, please let me know if that is a fair amount to pay. Thanks, again.
  • Options
    eshapireshapir Member Posts: 24
    I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my 08 Journey and I was thinking about this the other day when running the numbers on my lease offer. According to my dealer for every $550 in security deposit, I can reduce the MF by 0.0001. Also, if I go this route, I must give a minimum of $1,100 and the maximum is $4,950. Seems like a no brainer if you've got the cash.

If the buy rates on the 08 Journey are 0.00241 for 36 month term, does it make sense for us/me to reduce these high MF's with security deposits? Also, in the event of a total loss accident on the car, how are security deposits handled? Do we get it back if insurance pays the early termination liability on the lease?

Here are the Terms and Conditions from the back of the IFS lease form.

#22 Security Deposit
    "We may use the security deposit to offset any amounts that you owe under this Lease. If you perform all of your obligations under this Lease, the security deposit will be returned to you at the end of the lease term. No interest, increase or profits will accrue or be due to you. We have no duty to segregate the security deposit and do not have a fiduciary duty to you in regards to the security deposit."

#26 Damage, Loss or Potential Loss of This Vehicle
    "If you owe any past due payments or other amounts under this Lease, we may use your security deposit to offset such amounts."

Would love to hear the consensus on this strategy...

Ethan
  • Options
    3rd party lease banks normally use ALG residuals and rates based on the things like the prime rate. Throughout the model year the residual will drop bit by bit to reflect the future value of the car dropping - at its best at the start of the model year and at its worst at the end of the model year. The rates will fluctuate with the normal cost of money.

Captive lease banks operate completely different. If they need to move cars they can both artificially raise the residuals (to numbers the car would never obtain at auction at lease end) and/or lower the lease money factor. So with IFS it is "fluid" - at the start of the model year they may have little incentive to move cars at a discount so they have higher rates and even couple that with low residuals. If they don't move enough cars this month then next month will like be better. They often look at "days supply" - how many cars nationwide are sitting on the lots. If they stopped making/shipping them today how many days would these cars last until they were sold out? One dealer told me a couple of weeks back that they were 20 days or less on 08 G models nationwide, which is not much.

We could look back at last years numbers, but I am not sure that really would help - it all depends on how many cars they have sitting around and how desperate they are to move them. It could be they put a lot of effort into G37 production and have not made as many sedans as early in the model year as they normally do, the coupes seem to be selling well (and near or over full MSRP) and there are not a lot of sedans sitting most places either.

If you don't HAVE to lease now then I would just wait. For most of us, a new car is really a luxury and not a necessity. The good news is that you can pick a time that is more favorable to getting the best deal.

A dealer ordered an 08 sedan for me after failing repeatedly to get me an 07 that matched my specs. The car came in, but the terrible current rates (really bad on sports pack sedans) means I would be paying a lot more per month on the lease. I told them no thanks. If they still have the car they ordered later when the numbers are better, I will take it. If not, then I will start looking again for the right car at the right price. No sense in getting something not what I want or paying too much for it - since I don't HAVE to have it :D .

Dennis
  • Options
    I would assume the title and tag fees are legit and would be the same no matter which dealer you leased through. The dealer fees, on the other hand, can vary from $600 or more to $0. If you include the dealer fee in your price your deal may not be quite as good as you thought. So when shopping dealers be sure to get the price for the car including destination AND any dealer doc or prep fees. Then compare those numbers and decide who is getting you the very best deal.

Dennis
  • Options
    If your lease contract or your car insurance (check with your carrier) has GAP insurance then you are covered in the event of a loss. The lease bank will be paid off what they are owed (residual amount plus all the unpaid principle) and you will owe nothing else and you will get back your deposit(s).

Think of it like a deposit on a rental, like an apartment. If you leave the apartment in nice shape and clean they give you back your deposit. If you leave it filthy or with holes in the walls and ripped carpet, they would keep some or all of your money.

In exchange for you giving them extra deposits they are reducing your "rent" since they have more money to cover any end of term expenses. They also get to hang onto your money for the lease term and pay you no interest on it, in fact they can invest it and make money off of your deposits and keep the profits.

So if you can spare the cash, this is a MUCH SMARTER way to reduce your payments than by paying this same money down into the lease. Any money paid in as a cap cost reduction is normally taxable and could be lost by you in the even of a total loss of the car. Your insurance would pay off the lease bank leaving you with nothing. With the extra deposits, the insurance would pay off the lease bank who would then refund your deposits.

The current IFS rates are TERRIBLE and you should be able to net a MUCH better payment simply by waiting for better terms - but it may be a couple of months. You could also look into a 3rd party lease, lower residual but also a lower MF as well - without having to put up multiple deposits. Check www.leasecompare.com and other online lease brokers to see how the numbers stack up before signing an overpriced IFS lease - if you can't wait for better terms.

Dennis
  • Options
    marcfmarcf Member Posts: 3
    Looking for the money and resid for both an 07 and 08 Sport G35 Sedan Sport, 39 month lease with 18K miles

The dealer has both a loaded 07 and 08, wondering which is a better deal. The 07 has nav, which I really don't care to pay for...

I am trying to figure which will be cheaper IS 350 or G35 Sport
  • Options
    4rings4rings Member Posts: 7
    Hi there,
    I've seen a couple of references--not frequently though--where people have gotten deals below published invoice price (like KBB or NADA). How are you doing this?

I'm working on an '07 G35 6MT, and the dealer is highly motivated as the '08s are hitting the ground and he still has several 6MT's left. I mentioned going below invoice on price, and he said they will lose money. I pointed out that some other brands seem to do this, and he said it just isn't how Infiniti's pricing works. Below invoice is a money loser for them. He said there are no manufacturer incentives in place to cover what they would lose, so they won't do it.
  • Options
    The 08 lease numbers have been posted in the forum earlier this month, a simple search should turn them up. They are not pretty on an 08 sports pack sedan. I have not seen an official posting of 07 left over numbers, but I would bet the lease deal is a LOT better.

I don't think IFS does 18k per year, you may have to take a 15k lease and just pay the extra miles at the end of the lease.

Dennis
  • Options
    They could be: forgetting to include the destination in the price posted, have a trade in they don't mention, be mistaken in the price they gave, not putting in the correct price on purpose, or getting a coupe (they have dealer incentive money on them).

Right now no known 07 sedan incentives means they could only go to invoice or maybe invoice less holdback - which Edmunds says is a slim 1% of MSRP. So on a loaded up 6mt this would be $400 or less, below that they ARE (or would seem to be) losing money.

E-mail me your dealer info, if they have several 6mts left I may see if they have one in my colors and option list :D .

Dennis
  • Options
    marcfmarcf Member Posts: 3
    They came back on 07 load with Nav 42K MSRP 525 + tax and $1,500 out the door. 39 month with 18 miles, what do you think? After doing searching seems inline.
  • Options
    sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    If you have the money, and don't plan on returning the car at lease end with a couple thousand bucks in damages, then it's definitely a smart move to do that to reduce the money factor. I did it and posted many messages here showing what I did so you can get an idea of how it works.
  • Options
    njcruisenjcruise Member Posts: 17
    Dennis and Dwynne, you both seem to be the Infinit gurus. Can you plese advise if you think this is a good deal lease for a 2007 G35x w/nav and premium package, 39 mths., 12k miles

MSRP- 39,265
    Vehicle Price- 35,379
    Base Invoice- 36,079

Residual net- 55%
    Money factor- .00205

Fees include:
    1st month payment- 488.59
    bank fee - 595
    tax- 41.65
    doc fee - 249
    tax - 17.43
    registration - 334
    nj tire fee - 8
    266.33 (this fee wasn't explained; but I plan to negotiate it down to 0)
    Total fees 2,000

I'm trying to negotiate $480 mth. Should I ask them to reduce the registration and doc fee (they appear to be inflated). Not sure if this is relevant but I live in New Jersey. ALL input is greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    and don't plan on returning the car at lease end with a couple thousand bucks in damages

If you return it with thousands in damages, you have to pay no matter if you have multiple security deposits in place or not :D .

The easier way to lower the MF is to just wait for better rates. No matter how many you put down you are not going to make much of a dent in the high current rates (0.00245 for sports pack, IIRC). If you wait for better rates AND put down several deposits then you have a real deal.

Dennis
  • Options
    With that MSRP invoice should be $35,879 - you say they are selling it to you for $500 under invoice at $35,379?

That is a nice price, but then they add the $249 doc fee and the mystery fee on top of that. If you can get them to lose any fees that are not required to license and title and register the car, then if they price it $500 under then giving back the $249 doc fee still nets you under invoice.

The residual can't be changed by the dealer but the MF can be marked up. I have not seen the x MF for left over 07s so I can't tell you if they are marking yours up or not. 0.00205 is fairly low, however.

Dennis
  • Options
    jcb123jcb123 Member Posts: 18
    Just got back from the local Infiniti dealer. Looking at a 2008 G35x AWD. Per Edmunds, the MSRP including premium, splash and cargo net is $37,325 (including dest. charge) and invoice is $34,216 so there appears to be $3,100 of profit in the sticker price? Plus I believe there is also a 1% dealer holdback on base MSRP so that's another $341 for grand total of $3,431 profit which I should be able to work with.... sound right?

Looking at a 39 month /12,000 mile lease. Info I have is that residual is 56% and money rate is .00237

Offer came back at $596 per month with nothing down but first payment and TTL. Quote from salesperson was that initial calculation required about $1,200 down and that he had taken $500 off MSRP and another $600 reduction in calculated down payment vs quoted one. Seems as if they are keeping way too much of the available profit for themselves and that payment is too high?

Any help with the calculations and opinion on the overall deal would be appreicated.
  • Options
    First off, negotiate the price of the car. Once you have that, then worry about the lease terms. At the current high rate (0.00237 you were quoted) you may be better off with a 3rd party lease. Try www.leasecompare.com for an online quote or ask your dealer what their 3rd party rates and residuals are. Better still, find a left over 07 and get a lower rate - or just wait a bit until IFS has better numbers on the 08 cars.

Dennis
  • Options
    Hi again Dennis,

I called the dealership and got the breakdown of the license, title, and doc fees. MV is $360, doc fee is $189, online fee is $7.70, and tire tax is $7.50. I also asked to see if lease is with IFS, and it is. Do you think I can negotiate with the dealership to eliminate some or all of those fees? Look forward to your reply. Thanks.
  • Options
    Other than the doc fee, sounds like the other stuff is required. I guess you can try to bargain down the price of the car more, or try a dealer that has no doc fee and save the $189 (or more).

Dennis